Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2023, 13:14   #8566

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUV_700_Owner View Post
*Increased Engine Sound Inside the Cabin*

Hi - I have been driving my AX7 Diesel since August 2022 and have driven around 8000 KMs. Somehow I feel that the egine sound heard inside teh cabin has increased marginally. Understand diesel engines anyhow are noisy, but I think the noise level felt inside the cabin has increased in last 10 months. Wanted to check if anyone else has also felt the same. Is this normal or am just imagining?
In my case, it's more of idle vibration especially in second row seats. I'm able to feel it more these days. It's equally pronounced both in cold start as well as after highway run for few hrs. I'm at 18k and will be checking it at 20k service visit.
manoj.elan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 19:41   #8567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatrahumvee View Post

Windshield replacement experience at India garage Whitefield, Bangalore.

I have one question to all the members on how to get a HSRP sticker replacement alone in Bangalore as the sticker on my windshield will not be usable anymore after the Windshield replacement.
Did you get any satisfactory response for this?
Old 8th June 2023, 22:31   #8568

Quote:
Did you get any satisfactory response for this?
I have not received any response on this yet. Planning to visit the RTO to get more infor over the coming weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
I have tried and it works like a charm with no issues. I don't use it because the phone needs to be plugged in and that always charges the battery which I don't like.

When you say it doesn't work, is there any error you see or it just doesn't connect ? It may still be trying to connect over WiFi. Turn off the "Auto Join" on the car's WiFi network and see if it helps connecting
It just does not connect.I have tried plugging in with Type A and Type C cable in all the ports.I did turn off the wifi in the car and tried as well, but it didn't connect.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th June 2023 at 23:01. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Old 9th June 2023, 08:53   #8569
BHPian

Quote:
It just does not connect.I have tried plugging in with Type A and Type C cable in all the ports.I did turn off the wifi in the car and tried as well, but it didn't connect.
What cables do you use ? Have you tried with different cables? Take a cable from someone for whom wired CarPlay works and see if that helps !!!
Old 9th June 2023, 10:31   #8570
BHPian

Quote:
I have not received any response on this yet. Planning to visit the RTO to get more infor over the coming weeks.

I have faced this issue in my wife's Tiago. However, in that case, problem is that the cable is an aftermarket one and plugging in the cable on one side doesn't work, but if you rotate and plug in the other way to the phone, it connects.
Old 9th June 2023, 10:38   #8571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
People,

I had couple of questions to ask (AX7 AT D):

1. I have set my driver seat electric adjustment to number 1. But I want the welcome feature to default to 1 too. Now whenever I enter the car, the welcome feature works but I have to electric adjustment 1 button to bring the seat to adjustment to my liking. Any solutions?
2. Can the maps displayed on apple car play be shifted riverside instrument cluster screen than the main screen?

Cheers,
Vins
Hi Vins...The welcome feature in my case does default to 1 (as stored in memory) and I don't have to re-adjust the seating positions after closing the door (Almost always).
In very rare instances (maybe 2/3 times) I have noticed the seat not getting back to the pre-adjusted position. Haven't explored the reason, and just guessing here:
1. Unlocked the car--> opened the door --> closed without entering (for maybe checking something outside) --> opening the door again and entering.
2. if there is any interruption to the process, like starting the car too soon after entering

Shall make it a point to observe and note the next time this happens.

P.S.: Mine is an AX7L P AT
IvanBiv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 12:01   #8572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
People,

I had couple of questions to ask (AX7 AT D):

1. I have set my driver seat electric adjustment to number 1. But I want the welcome feature to default to 1 too. Now whenever I enter the car, the welcome feature works but I have to electric adjustment 1 button to bring the seat to adjustment to my liking. Any solutions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Hi Vins...The welcome feature in my case does default to 1 (as stored in memory) and I don't have to re-adjust the seating positions after closing the door (Almost always).
In very rare instances (maybe 2/3 times) I have noticed the seat not getting back to the pre-adjusted position. Haven't explored the reason, and just guessing here:
1. Unlocked the car--> opened the door --> closed without entering (for maybe checking something outside) --> opening the door again and entering.
2. if there is any interruption to the process, like starting the car too soon after entering

P.S.: Mine is an AX7L P AT
Mine too goes back to the last set position after I close the door and similarly I have observed that it does not move (remains in pushed back position) on very rare occasions. And when this happens I have to manually move it to the desired position by long pressing the desired memory button; but I recently learned a trick where you don't have to keep the memory button pressed, you can rather just double press it.
amahale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 14:01   #8573
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Finally my SA called me and informed that my vehicle is ready. I had booked AX7 L diesel AWD.
Can you help me on what all can be bargained from pricing? Insurance from the price quote is 1.44 lakhs. From the previous posts I understand that this can comedown if I buy my own insurance.
Is the Ex showroom price fixed or in dealers control?
Anything else where price can be reduced?
Old 9th June 2023, 14:48   #8574
BHPian

Update on sequential rear indicators (SRI):

I have been waiting for the SRI from Jan of this year. I had sent emails to customer care, talked to sales and service heads and all of them said that once they have stock and my turn comes, I will get a call. A month went by and I did not bother to follow up.

Couple of days back, I just called the service centre (Anant cars, BG road, Bangalore) to inquire about this and they said that I can come in any time and get it fitted!!! I asked if they have stock and she said yes (her tone sounded like they had plenty of stock). I went today and got the SRI fitted. It took couple of hours including a pending software update (haven't yet checked what this update is).

So anybody still waiting for SRI, call the service centre and check with them. They might have stock.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 16:18   #8575
BHPian

From the eyes of Beholder - XUV500 MT to XUV700 AT DSL

In 2011, I was among the first few XUV500 customers of Ghaziabad, UP. I graduated from Santro to XUV but it was a smooth transition and within a few days, I was moving it across all streets and across states. During that period, I enjoyed the celebrity status when people use to drive crazy and honk just to request us for a look at the vehicle and we duly obliged them, most of the time.

XUV500 had its own share of niggles but we really enjoyed every drive. Didn't feel tired even after driving more than 1000 kms. in a day.

Then came the dreaded NGT order and I have to sell it off in December 2021. Since I had the experience of dealing with Mahindra, I was confident about the mechanical part but electrical/electronics, doesn’t want to take risks, even after 10 years of ownership. Finally, I booked my XUV500 AX5 on the very 1st day of the launch.

The long wait for delivery and the challenges to live without any personal vehicle. Thankfully I used to do cycling and I kept on using it to visit nearby areas. In March’2022 I started getting updates on my vehicle and realize it could be delivered in April.

In April 2022, I got the call from the dealer that my vehicle is on its way and I should arrange for funds. Unfortunately the same day I got diagnosed with cancer, again ☹. All joy of getting a new vehicle went kaput and priorities of life changed instantly.

I apprised Mahindra and the dealer about my health conditions and requested that my booking can be put on hold. For the next 4 months, I was in bed barely speaking a few words and contemplating how unpredictable this life is. Gradually started getting my strength back and decided to re-live our life….again.

In December 2022, with the exorbitant cost of treatment and medicines, we were indecisive about whether to still continue with our XUV700 booking or look at other alternatives. Visited many showrooms to check small to medium size vehicles but none of them impressed any of the family members. Finally, XUV700 was our unanimous choice.

Being in NCR, we also had to make a choice, to go for either Petrol or Diesel, but since we decided to re-live our life and to cover the entire North, Central, South and Western India, Diesel became the defacto choice.

Based on these discussions, requested Mahindra to reallocate my vehicle. A few reminders and I got a confirmation from the dealer that a vehicle has been allotted to me but unfortunately it was allotted at the current price, not the introductory price.

Few email exchanges, meeting with the dealer sales team and I got the assurance from the sales team that they will do everything possible to get me an introductory price.

A couple of months passed and in April’2023, I got the much-awaited call, sir your preferred color Silver isn’t available but if you agree shall we offer you Everest White with an introductory price. What else I would have said…I gladly accepted the offer.

Now the decision was to be made if I should go with UP14 or BH registration. Did some calculations as UP14 registration gets calculated on the current ex-showroom price while BH registration cost is calculated on what you have actually paid. Completed the necessary documentation and applied for BH registration.

Finally, the day arrive to take the delivery. We got our Everest White XUV700 AX5 DSL AT 7STR, in May 2023.
Standard accessories installed from the dealer – 1) Side Steps, 2) Reverse Camera 3) Door Visors 4) Film on MID screen 5) Mud Flap, 6) Illuminated Scuff plates. 7) I bought Pharaoh 3D floor mats online.

My observations of driving AX5 AT vs XUV500 W6 MT are:

Pros:
1. Suspensions are much better.
2. Fit and Finish of interior and exterior is much better
3. Comparatively better audio / MID system
4. More features and kids love their first sunroof vehicle
5. Very efficient AC
6. Headlights looks more effective, yet to check on highway

Cons:
1. No Auto Climate Control in AX5
2. Auto Stop Hybrid system is a pain and you can’t disable it permanently
3. Every time you start the vehicle AC is powered ON
4. No 12V or any other power source at the front row. Only 1 USB port available to charge mobiles
5. Cabin lights aren’t that effective
6. No ambient light
7. Since I drove Manual XUV500 W6, I hardly required to move to 1st gear..Even in the slow traffic it was 2nd or 3rd gear. Now it is Auto gear , at slow speed engine grunt is audible but once at the highway it is almost silent
8. No user manual book hence have to download it in ‘With you Hamesha’ app
9. TPMS could be installed as default (Requested dealer to order and install it at the earliest, hopefully, will get it in 1-2 weeks)
10. XUV500 had lots of storage space in front which is non existent in XUV700
11. XUV500 used to have a cooled compartment below driver's armrest, to keep cold drinks and chocolate's cool. Now it is just a storage box with no cooling options.

I never thought of living 17 months without any vehicle but after driving this vehicle, it was worth waiting. On top of it getting an introductory price was the Cherry on the cake. Overall, I am really happy that Mahindra and Shiva Automobile, Sahibabad considered my request and offered the Introductory price even 12 months after I requested to hold the delivery. Thank You Mahindra and Shiva Automobile, Sahibabad.

Last edited by Joy73US : 9th June 2023 at 16:36.
Joy73US is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 22:35   #8576

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
What cables do you use ? Have you tried with different cables? Take a cable from someone for whom wired CarPlay works and see if that helps !!!
I did try again with a USB A cable and car play worked for while after i did a network reset but again stopped working after a while. So i have just left it as it is for now. Will experiment more during the weekend.
Old 10th June 2023, 19:28   #8577
BHPian

Does anyone know how to stop FM from auto playing everytime I start the car? This wasn't a problem initially after the update to Adrenox 7.x, when they fixed FM blasting at full time. I can set fm volume to zero in audio settings or it would work if I have an USB drive and set it as default. I don't want to use a usb drive and looking for a better option to stop FM from playing.
Old 10th June 2023, 23:08   #8578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRIR45 View Post
Dear BHPians,

Finally my SA called me and informed that my vehicle is ready. I had booked AX7 L diesel AWD.
Can you help me on what all can be bargained from pricing? Insurance from the price quote is 1.44 lakhs. From the previous posts I understand that this can comedown if I buy my own insurance.
Is the Ex showroom price fixed or in dealers control?
Anything else where price can be reduced?
New India assurance us quoting 51k, Royal Sundaram 54k. Both with zero depreciation.
Mahendra's quote is 1.4L with an additional 2 year 3rd parry insurance included.
Why would there be so much difference? Would I miss something if I chose to go outside insurance?
Appreciate quick help.
Old 11th June 2023, 07:31   #8579

My XUV7OO MT AX7 is from Feb 2022. I had setup Adrenox to notify me for all the options (like > 5 min idling, driving too fast, engine start/stop, etc). This worked for a few weeks, but a few months ago it stopped notifying me. Has anyone else faced a similar issue? When I login into my Adrenox on my Android phone, I can see that all the options are still ticked, but I dont get any notifications. I had thought it might have been due to an Android Auto update from a couple of months ago - but I don't remember when it stopped working.
Can anyone please give any pointers?
Old 11th June 2023, 09:19   #8580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Does anyone know how to stop FM from auto playing everytime I start the car? This wasn't a problem initially after the update to Adrenox 7.x, when they fixed FM blasting at full time. I can set fm volume to zero in audio settings or it would work if I have an USB drive and set it as default. I don't want to use a usb drive and looking for a better option to stop FM from playing.
In my car, I mute whatever audio is playing before switching off the car. And when I start the car, it remains muted. Try this out it might work for you.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks