Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2023, 07:37   #8446
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Hi Monty1,
If you don't mind could you please share the service center from where you got the seq indicator installed? I am trying to push through my case for seq indicator at Anant cars for my Jul delivered XUV for which they gave the letters and its going in circles with the same story of cut off dates etc etc. Thanks in advance.
Hi Sandegov,
Mine was also from Anant cars.
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 07:40   #8447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi Sandegov,
Thanks Monty1, was it fit at Anant cars BG Road or some other service center?
Old 19th May 2023, 07:42   #8448
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it was fit at the BG road service station. The outer ringroad one is just a sham outlet to collect bookings. No service at all.
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 12:18   #8449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi Sandegov,
Quote:
Hi Monty1, Sandegov
When you'll were following up with the SC, did they quote just the waiting period or did they provide your number in the queue?

My dealer has given a blanket 6-9 month wait time - hence wanted to check as to what extent of details they are willing to divulge.

Cheers
Old 19th May 2023, 12:29   #8450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Hi Monty1, Sandegov
When you'll were following up with the SC, did they quote just the waiting period or did they provide your number in the queue?

My dealer has given a blanket 6-9 month wait time - hence wanted to check as to what extent of details they are willing to divulge.

Cheers
If you have a service recall for seq indicators open in the system against your vehicle then you can request your service center SA/CRM for getting yours in the next batch/allocation if you feel yours is delayed. I would suggest you keep checking with your SA on a regular/weekly basis, I doubt if you can get any confirmed or hard wait times from the service center. Monty1 has documented his experience and his 3P approach in detail in his earlier post

Last edited by Sandegov : 19th May 2023 at 12:33.
Old 19th May 2023, 12:38   #8451
BHPian

My experience with Android Auto and Apple car play on the AX7L infotainment system

All the above observations are with wireless AA and CP. Have never tried the wired solution.

Apple car play
- Google maps sometimes appears 'stuck' - Spotify continues to play fine and the turn-by-turn navigation voice prompts also continue - but the display shows something that looks like the start location and does not update.
It fixes itself, after a while.
I am not sure if this has got to do with the patchy reception of the Vodaphone sim in my iPhone SE. (my hunch is that this is the issue)

Android auto with Coolwalk UI
- At times, the screen refuses to split and shows just the google map in full-screen. The touch fails to respond as well. A fix is to toggle airplane mode on and off which 'may' resolve this problem.
- Spotify does not respond - says it is unavailable - but if you control it from the phone, you can hear the music via BT. The volume and track controls from the steering wheel will not work.
- No volume control for AA - For some reason, everything goes out of whack and for a short while the song plays at a veryyy high volume level. Has happened twice to me once when my son's phone was connected via just BT and another time when AA was on but unresponsive. This can give someone a big start and has the potential to cause an accident. At this time, pressing the mute button does not help. (it will mute only the infotainment and navigation sounds - but the song continues to blare out)

The infotainment system has the unenviable task of handling multiple input sources and am sure some of these corner cases were not caught during Mahindra's SW testing. For eg I have Alexa enabled, 2 phones with AA, 1 with CP and 1 with just BT, all vying for the infotainment system's attention :-)

But yes, I expected better results with just AA running on an OnePlus6 with an Airtel sim. I notice disconnections when (I think) the phone heats up.
A solution is to keep the phone in the cooled armrest.

Another quirk was that I had toggle some settings on my OnePlus6 to get OkGoogle to respond when the phone was connected via AA. Else I had manually unlock the phone for okGoogle to 'listen' to my command.

When all of the above stuff does work, it is beautiful indeed. Just get in the car and AA or CP resume playing the song where you left off.

Does anyone have any thoughts or inputs to fix any of the above?

Cheers
kedar_GT is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 13:33   #8452
BHPian

Quote:
Android auto with Coolwalk UI
- At times, the screen refuses to split and shows just the google map in full-screen. The touch fails to respond as well. A fix is to toggle airplane mode on and off which 'may' resolve this problem.
- Spotify does not respond - says it is unavailable - but if you control it from the phone, you can hear the music via BT. The volume and track controls from the steering wheel will not work.
- No volume control for AA - For some reason, everything goes out of whack and for a short while the song plays at a veryyy high volume level. Has happened twice to me once when my son's phone was connected via just BT and another time when AA was on but unresponsive. This can give someone a big start and has the potential to cause an accident. At this time, pressing the mute button does not help. (it will mute only the infotainment and navigation sounds - but the song continues to blare out)
Ah, the 1+ Phone users continuing to have issues with Wireless AA. For every positive observation, we have to add the "Touch wood" disclaimer.

Are you on the latest Silverbox version - 10.14.x? If not, please update during your next visit to the service center. I am planning to do so by the month end, that should remove 1 variable out of the discussion.

I haven't observed the screen split issue. With Amazon Music (on 1+8T) and spotify (on Pixel), the experience has been smooth. The high volume level can jerk anyone. I had it once, it went back to normal after restarting the car.

Quote:

The infotainment system has the unenviable task of handling multiple input sources and am sure some of these corner cases were not caught during Mahindra's SW testing. For eg I have Alexa enabled, 2 phones with AA, 1 with CP and 1 with just BT, all vying for the infotainment system's attention :-)

But yes, I expected better results with just AA running on an OnePlus6 with an Airtel sim. I notice disconnections when (I think) the phone heats up.
A solution is to keep the phone in the cooled armrest.
I haven't stress tested the ICE so much, to make it lose its cool . At the max, just 2 phones connected.

My phone is 1+8T with Airtel SIM. Once it connects, it works pretty reliably. If it doesn't auto connect the 1st time, usually a car restart helps. I try to avoid charging the phone as much as possible during the drives. The connection and the parallel charging, pretty much heat up the phone. I have heard stories of SIM damage (& potential circuitry damage) if the phone is charged continuously during long drives.

Quote:

Another quirk was that I had toggle some settings on my OnePlus6 to get OkGoogle to respond when the phone was connected via AA. Else I had manually unlock the phone for okGoogle to 'listen' to my command.
I remember a setting for the BT connection to unlock the phone. You could check that out for the car BT. Google voice activation works with a long press of the voice command/call disconnect button.

Quote:
When all of the above stuff does work, it is beautiful indeed. Just get in the car and AA or CP resume playing the song where you left off.

Cheers
Music auto resume is a story in itself. I really can't guage what algorithm runs within. If you use music between a USB stick (always connected), Radio, BT Audio, it resumes with one, toggles to another and finally settles.

These are minor annoyances. When AA works well, it is as you stated, seamless. The car's VI eSIM, the native navigation and streaming service are unreliable and unusable.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 14:24   #8453
BHPian

Friends, I am schedule to get my XUV700 AX5 D AT next week. Couple of things I would like your help:

1. TPMS -> I noticed that once of fellow BHPian RavenAvi has already installed TPMS in his AX5 but anyone else in Delhi NCR got it installed ? I checked with the Shiva Ghaziabad, showroom person and they informed that it is not part of accessory and they can't install it.

2. Floor Mat - > I am inclined towards Pharaoh 3D Car Floor Mats, but they are available only in Black color (probably Dirt magnet) and they are made of hard material. Does it have any impact on body paint when it rub against the body ?

I selected following accessories from showroom, side Steps, Rain Visor, Scuff Plates ( Non Illuminated) and Reverse Camera ( Unfortunately they could install only with Static guidelines).

Thanks for your help.
Joy73US is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 14:27   #8454
BHPian

Quote:
My experience with Android Auto and Apple car play on the AX7L infotainment system

All the above observations are with wireless AA and CP. Have never tried the wired solution.
Does anyone have any thoughts or inputs to fix any of the above?

Cheers
I have been using AA from day 1 with my Samsung phone + Airtle&Jio sim, and in the last 4 months I have had connection issue just once (apart from a weird issue; more on that below). The screen asked me to restart bluetooth, after that it started working again. All the other times, be it maps, spotify or phone calls, all work very well. I have not connected more than one phone ever.

Coming to the weird issue:
At one particular junction (Arekere gate signal on Bannerghatta road, Bangalore) and about a 100m radius from that junction, the AA disconnects and error is shown on the screen. Everything else including BT audio, phone calls, FM Radio work, but AA disconnects. This happens every time at that junction. I pass through here on a very regular basis and AA always disconnects. Everywhere else I have had absolutely no issues.

After I pass this "AA dead zone", it connects back and again everything works as expected.

I have searched on the web for this and see others across the world facing similar issues in some very specific places. But haven't found a working solution.

As noted by @haribalram, 1+ phones have known to give problems with AA
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 14:38   #8455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
>>2. Floor Mat - > I am inclined towards Pharaoh 3D Car Floor Mats, but they are available only in Black color (probably Dirt magnet) and they are made of hard material. Does it have any impact on body paint when it rub against the body ?
Why will floor mats rub against the body?
Pharoh 3D mats are good - but expensive and look bad once they are dirty.
They get easily cleaned with a wet cloth or when hosed down - but how often will you do that?
I have these in my car and I am not too happy about their upkeep.
I suggest get any (3D) mat that has a noodle layer in the center, where the feet rest. Get a gray color for the noodle part. (there are so many 7D mat options are available with different colors) and ensure that the noodle section is detachable for easy dusting/cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
I selected following accessories from showroom, side Steps, Rain Visor, Scuff Plates ( Non Illuminated) and Reverse Camera ( Unfortunately they could install only with Static guidelines).
You can go for the screen guard and illuminated scuff plates instead of non-ill. Trust me, they look good and up the ambiance of the cabin + provide some ambient light as well.
Old 19th May 2023, 15:10   #8456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
These are minor annoyances. When AA works well, it is as you stated, seamless. The car's VI eSIM, the native navigation and streaming service are unreliable and unusable.
In several vehicles I have checked which has Adrenox , as long as VI network is there Alexa works fine, the audio library is good, speech recognition is also very good, you can even whisper to it and it is accurate, helps you find your favorite songs without having to wake up everyone in the vehicle. I wish there was a choice of VI or Airtel sim, but that is not the case.

Map my India (no match for Google maps of course ) is useful if it has the destination you are looking for, otherwise it can be used for general guidance over long trips. You can find the destination in your phone and send it to the car for added convenience.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 18:32   #8457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
In several vehicles I have checked which has Adrenox , as long as VI network is there Alexa works fine, the audio library is good, speech recognition is also very good, you can even whisper to it and it is accurate, helps you find your favorite songs without having to wake up everyone in the vehicle. I wish there was a choice of VI or Airtel sim, but that is not the case.

Map my India (no match for Google maps of course ) is useful if it has the destination you are looking for, otherwise it can be used for general guidance over long trips. You can find the destination in your phone and send it to the car for added convenience.
Yea - but I just dislike the way it keeps saying "After XYZ kms, bare right"! Never heard a bare left.. and the maps (albeit good looking and informative) are mostly outdated on the new highways or when you need it the most.
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 12:37   #8458
BHPian

Yay! Finally took delivery of my XUV700. Full 1000 km review coming up soon! Extremely busy ever since I took the car!

Chao

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th June 2023 at 16:44. Reason: Removing extra spaces
FlyboyQP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 15:37   #8459

Quote:
Originally Posted by kika View Post
Has anyone got their second key yet? It's been 10 months since I got my XUV7OO and the showroom has no idea when I'll get my second key. I'm in touch with the customer care manager. I'll update once I get some info from the manager.
No. I have veen following up, but to no vail. I got my car in August last year.
Old 21st May 2023, 17:09   #8460

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Can I suggest a Ctrl + Alt +Del...
Wow, your idea worked. Today, I followed the steps you suggested and now its working fine since then. Informed SC guy, he said they have similar pending requests of other customers and it may be replicated to resolve those.

Thank you once again.
Nikunjnik is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks