Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2023, 22:29   #8416
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi all - planning to do a Mumbai - Bangalore with a friend in his XUV 700 D AT. Let me know if I should keep any mind anything specific. While both of us will drive and he has done long trips before, I haven't done anything remotely close to such distance. Hence, asking for suggestions from fellow members. We have ensured that DPF is full and are keeping a tyre inflator for the journey. Let me know the preferred tyre pressure. BTW, he has not put nitrogen in the tyres.
Old 15th May 2023, 08:30   #8417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
Fellow XUV700 owners, How do we disable Alexa and ensure that steering control mic option always triggers Google assistant rather than Alexa? This will be super useful for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
You are right. When AA is on, you don't have to press the voice button. You could directly start with "OK Google" without any button press.
Pressing and releasing the voice command button on the steering will activate Alexa, but if you press and hold for a couple of seconds and then release, Google assistant will be triggered.

Last edited by amahale : 15th May 2023 at 08:36.
amahale is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 10:38   #8418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hi all - planning to do a Mumbai - Bangalore with a friend in his XUV 700 D AT. Let me know if I should keep any mind anything specific. While both of us will drive and he has done long trips before, I haven't done anything remotely close to such distance. Hence, asking for suggestions from fellow members. We have ensured that DPF is full and are keeping a tyre inflator for the journey. Let me know the preferred tyre pressure. BTW, he has not put nitrogen in the tyres.
You are fine. Just go ahead with the trip. National highways are butter smooth for most part. Drive safe and dont go over board with speed. With 2 drivers you can even make this distance one shot without a night stop over.

Last edited by supertinu : 15th May 2023 at 10:41.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 10:52   #8419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kika View Post
Has anyone got their second key yet? It's been 10 months since I got my XUV7OO and the showroom has no idea when I'll get my second key. I'm in touch with the customer care manager. I'll update once I get some info from the manager.
Received my second key when I went in for my schedule service at 10000 KMs. Do not expect the dealers/Mahindra to be proactive; you won't get it unless you follow-up. I am still waiting for the sequential indicators.

They need some time to program the keys so do call them and confirm before you go. The person-in-charge was on leave the first time I went.
Old 15th May 2023, 11:32   #8420
BHPian

So have been driving my AX7 D AT for a month now. Few points to call out:

1. Wow! Just wow! I love it, it drives like a dream
2. Still not sure what is the optimum driving seat position. May be due to all the adjustments, I just can not make my mind up.
3. No issues till now (fingers crossed), but I did observe high RPM (2500) on couple of occasions when I had released the gas on a downhill slope. This was after the first service, where during pickup got REGEN issue which was resolved by the service station.
4. On the service, the specific service station which I went to - Not a good experience. Had to wait for 1 hour to give the car and 1+ hours to pick up the car even after reaching at time called out. Car was not cleaned form inside or washed properly from outside.
5. ADAS works like a charm on highways. I have not switched it off even in the city. I have got used to the resistance feedback from lane keep assist during city drives. Not a big deal. But on the highways, it is beautiful along with ACC.
6. Where I live, speed limits are 100kmph. And I have not gone above it. I feel sad as it seems, I have not done justice to the power of the engine yet
7. Large amount of space. My dog settled well in the third row with seats down. He usually has been uncomfortable on the second seat of my old duster but he settled well in the third row. Very happy.
8. Took some time getting used to from MT to AT - For first 3 weeks, was continuously pressing the left foot against the base of the car whenever I slowed down
9. Still not over the feeling of everyone else on the road out to drive as close as possible to the car, especially two wheelers.
10. I was confused about side steps earlier, but they are a must have. A no brainer.

A suggestion required: As my is an AX7 version, any suggestions for wireless charger which can be plugged into the USB charging port?

Cheers,
Vins
Vins7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 12:48   #8421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
So have been driving my AX7 D AT for a month now.
A suggestion required: As my is an AX7 version, any suggestions for wireless charger which can be plugged into the USB charging port?

Cheers,
Vins
As far as I know, most wireless chargers are slow charging ones. I have AX7L and the wireless charger in that is a slow charger and the phone heats up quite a bit if kept on the charging pad for long duration. So any 3rd party wireless charger would not be any better.

I prefer to use the charging cable and the charging port than the wireless charger. There are couple of advantages of using the wireless charger -
1. It is slightly more convenient to just place the phone on the charging pad than to connect it to the cable
2. The car warns you if you have forget the phone on the charging pad and leave the car (switch off the engine + open the driver side door). This will not be possible with any 3rd party wireless charger.

I only place my phone on the charging pad if my phone has sufficient charge and really don't care about actual charging and the drive is for a relative short duration.

So I wouldn't recommend you to go for any 3rd party wireless charger.

Last edited by amahale : 15th May 2023 at 12:50.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 13:01   #8422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kika View Post
Has anyone got their second key yet? It's been 10 months since I got my XUV7OO and the showroom has no idea when I'll get my second key. I'm in touch with the customer care manager. I'll update once I get some info from the manager.
You should follow up with M&M CC by sending a mail or contacting them on twitter.

I received mine in Nov'22, for a Jul'22 delivered car.

The docket has (a) your customer code, (b) last six digits of your VIN, and (C) the key code. You can also visit the showroom and check the register personally to make sure that your consignment has really not been received.

You need to make some noise.

One sure way of getting attention is to tweet to Anand Mahindra and narrate your ordeal.
Old 15th May 2023, 13:12   #8423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
So any 3rd party wireless charger would not be any better.
That's not quiet true. I have the AX7L and still use a 3rd party wireless charger. The primary reason for CarPlay lag and iPhone not charging fast enough is heat. The built-in wireless tray has no direct airflow, and when you use CarPlay + Navigation, it causes the iPhone to heat up which subsequently leads to CarPlay issues.

I have purchased a 3rd party wireless charger from ESR. This particular charger has a built-in fan and mounts on the right AC vent. In my 6 month use, the phone remains cool, CarPlay never hangs/crashes and charging is much faster than built-in charger.

Product Link

Make sure to get one with a built-in fan which ESR calls Cryoboost.
Tanmay007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 17:37   #8424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
You are fine. Just go ahead with the trip. National highways are butter smooth for most part. Drive safe and dont go over board with speed. With 2 drivers you can even make this distance one shot without a night stop over.
Like the others have advised, you are doing ok. The roads from my previous trip in Dec were good. One word of caution - it is very easy to get carried away and start picking up speeds. Specifically once you enter Karnataka border. Please don't do that and maintain decent speeds instead. There is a high possibility of careless people taking dangerous u turns.
Old 15th May 2023, 21:45   #8425

Hi all,

The L of AX7L fell off don't know where, but seems like it happened during cleaning, is there a way to get it re-badged? The car is not even a month old.
Old 15th May 2023, 22:59   #8426

Need help regarding adrenox connection issue(image), have complained to the service centre, they have checked kyc etc and escalated the issue through mail, but its unresolved as on date.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230515_225815.jpg  

Old 16th May 2023, 09:37   #8427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavrastogi08 View Post
Hi all,

The L of AX7L fell off don't know where, but seems like it happened during cleaning, is there a way to get it re-badged? The car is not even a month old.
Contact your SC - they should have it. I doubt you'll get only one letter, you'll have to buy the set i.e. AX7L.
Old 16th May 2023, 10:16   #8428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikunjnik View Post
Need help regarding adrenox connection.
Can I suggest a Ctrl + Alt +Del?

Use the spanner in the toolset in the boot - disconnect the battery for 5 mins and then reconnect it again. Do this in the open area where there is a network connectivity. (or where you earlier used to have the connectivity for this car.)

I assume that this car has valid Adrenox subscription. It is not expired for whatever reason (like more than one year/ two year or whatever as part of your variant applicable initial subscription period.).
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 10:33   #8429

Hi. I booked my AX7L automatic in Feb. Vehicle reached dealership. Did PDI.
Two keys and sequential turn indicators are available. Apple car play is still not working.

Request for suggestions on accessories. My list is as below:
1. Side foot steps.
2. Pedal covers
3. Scuff plate
4. Rain visors
5. 3D mat
Foot step looks to be very costly to me. Suggestions are welcome.
Vikasbpt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 13:49   #8430

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Can I suggest a Ctrl + Alt +Del?.
Thank you for the interesting suggestion will definitely try and update here. Yes its AX7L and has valid subscription
Nikunjnik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks