Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2023, 21:19   #8386
BHPian

Hello Everyone !

I just noticed in the website. AX7 and AX7L doesn’t get lane keep assist anymore !? Features mention only lane departure warning ?! Seriously ! This is unbelievable. Can anyone confirm, who recently took delivery of AX7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Received this invitation from M&M on Friday (28-04-2023).

I have booked for 20-05-2023, yet to receive any confirmation from M&M.

Has anyone else from the group booked their slot ?

Attachment 2445922

I got the invite. But no time.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th May 2023 at 15:45. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 7th May 2023, 22:45   #8387
sbm
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
I've had my AWD for 10 odd days now & I also feel the vibrations at > 110 kmph. The sensation is akin to driving on those white paint rumble strips. Felt on both the steering and the pedals, not too violent but definitely palpable and has enough force to make the hand quiver visibly. It is reproducible & goes away on reducing the speed to <110 kmph.
Is this specific to the AWD's or other XUV700 owners have also noticed this behavior?
Please let me know if anyone has found a solution to this, I'll be able to go to the ASC in a few days.
AX5 DMT. I did experience the same during a highway trip before the 10,000 km service. It was around 120 kmph that I felt vibrations similar to what you felt. I thought it must be due to an imbalance in the wheels. After the service, in which they did wheel alignment and balancing, the issue was resolved.
sbm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 09:36   #8388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
AX5 TPMS - Help needed (Chennai)

There are multiple folks in our forum where the authorised service centre has fixed TPMS to their vehicle. But I approached almost all the service centres in Chennai and nobody has agreed to fix/enable TPMS to my AX5 (D MT). Has anyone had luck fixing OEM TPMS sensors for AX5 and enabled the same via cotek? Any suggestions will be helpful.
See @Ravenavi's ownership thread for the details on TPMS installation at dealership.
Link - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5470731 (The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT)
Sommos is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 11:32   #8389
BHPian

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com.../100056960.cms

"The overall direction for surface transport has to be in favour of EVs, the report said. "Diesel-driven four-wheelers may be eliminated as soon as possible. Therefore, a ban on diesel-powered four-wheelers in all million-plus cities and all towns with high pollution has to be enforced in five years, i.e. by 2027," the report said, adding that no diesel-powered city buses should be added in urban areas."

1M Cities certainly brings Tier-1 cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, as well as Tier-2 cities like Lucknow in its purview. Given dominance of Diesel in SUVs, wonder how this will impact XUV700.
Old 8th May 2023, 11:45   #8390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com.../100056960.cms

"The overall direction for surface transport has to be in favour of EVs, the report said. "Diesel-driven four-wheelers may be eliminated as soon as possible. Therefore, a ban on diesel-powered four-wheelers in all million-plus cities and all towns with high pollution has to be enforced in five years, i.e. by 2027," the report said, adding that no diesel-powered city buses should be added in urban areas."

1M Cities certainly brings Tier-1 cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, as well as Tier-2 cities like Lucknow in its purview. Given dominance of Diesel in SUVs, wonder how this will impact XUV700.
IMHO, the 700 has a powerful petrol engine so even if Diesel gets banned, the 700 will still manage. However cars like the Harrier and Safari without a petrol engine will struggle.
Old 8th May 2023, 12:52   #8391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyQP View Post
Hello Everyone !

I just noticed in the website. AX7 and AX7L doesn’t get lane keep assist anymore !? Features mention only lane departure warning ?! Seriously ! This is unbelievable. Can anyone confirm, who recently took delivery of AX7.
Mine is a Jan model AX7L and has LKA

Probably the updates would be post the launch of BS6.2 version onwards.
IvanBiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 15:05   #8392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Mine is a Jan model AX7L and has LKA

Probably the updates would be post the launch of BS6.2 version onwards.
The specifications do mention Lane Keep Assist under safety .
Cheers
Dilip

Today morning the SA informed that my car has arrived at the stockyard. I specifically told him that I will be paying the balance amount only after inspection.Will be visiting the stockyard tomorrow with Team-Bhp PDI checklist.

Guys, any specific checks to be made other than the ones in the list? Please give your valuable inputs.

Cheers
Dilip

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th May 2023 at 15:42. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 8th May 2023, 16:01   #8393
BHPian

Got a call from Anant Cars Bangalore about 'silver box' update pending on my car.

Has anyone else also received similar calls or knows specifics of the update? Tried to find details from service advisor, manager and M&M customer service, but no-one seems to be able to help, beyond re-directing to each other.

I have a T-Block connector check also pending - will update this thread after visiting the service center.
Old 8th May 2023, 18:30   #8394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
Got a call from Anant Cars Bangalore about 'silver box' update pending on my car.

Has anyone else also received similar calls or knows specifics of the update? Tried to find details from service advisor, manager and M&M customer service, but no-one seems to be able to help, beyond re-directing to each other.

I have a T-Block connector check also pending - will update this thread after visiting the service center.
Got update from the service manager - the recall is to replace the silver box for enabling Android Auto.
Old 9th May 2023, 09:13   #8395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
When I finally meet the Manager of the service centre my first question was did you find the root cause. He mentioned " Sir we cannot exactly pin point the issue, but when we replaced the inner floor wiring harness after replacing the underbody harnesses, the error codes were gone and we didn't have to replace the harness from abs to the engine. The old wiring harness however, doesn't have any physical damage. (He even did a continuity test infront of me and all turned out green.) However as a unit when assembled with the abs ecu it used to throw up the errors like HDC, Abs error, check engine light etc."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pun_fun View Post
Hi Monty1, Just to check if there are any updates? If any root-cause detected?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Good that the issue was finally resolved. Wouldn't the tech team be required to prepare a summary report for such cases? Strange that they couldn't pinpoint any root cause after more than 2 weeks.
I know I am jumping the gun here. But did the service center staff check for the sequence/ position of terminals in the connectors ? If there are misplaced terminals, they'll will pass the continuity test, but system would throw up errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavrastogi08 View Post
Just out of curiosity, was the vehicle that your friend denied, AX7L D AWD red color?
Sorry for late reply. It was silver colour, chassis number ending in ***35.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 9th May 2023 at 09:17.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 01:25   #8396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Please keep us posted on your progress with the service center.There are a few other folks, quoted in my earlier post, who have reported this issue as well. My first few attempts to get this fixed at Anant cars went in vain, have another appointment at a different service center for Monday and I'll keep you updated on my progress.
Here's an update on the vibration issue from my end:
With some free time over the weekend I tried a few things before my visit to Chrome motors on Monday, thanks once again to @abirnale for his helpful pointers and directing me to Chrome motors and Dinesh.

Test runs with ADAS features off - I did multiple test runs on Nice road with ADAS features completely off and a few setting combinations and tyre pressures but it did not make any difference and the vibrations in floor/body and seats were consistently starting at 98kmph till about 106kmph.

Wheel balancing - after the above test runs I headed over to Tyre Professionals and got the wheel balancing and rotation done and explained to them the vibration issue that I was facing. Opted out of wheel alignment.Great service from Nayak and Sunil - they showed me the readings for each wheel and explained it in great detail on how those impact the vibration and pull issues in vehicles. There were no major red flags in my case - one needed a refitting and another needed the weights to be changed and I was all set .Unfortunately my second round of test runs on Nice road after wheel balancing still had the issue with vibrations coming in at 98kmph till about 106kmph so a visit to Chrome motors was inevitable.

Chrome motors to the rescue - Went ahead with my appointment on Monday morning and met with Dinesh who is the service manager there, explained him the issue I was facing and I was also honest about my multiple visits to Anant cars on this issue. He gave me a patient hearing and promised to get this checked thoroughly and asked Manju to go along with me for a test drive to understand the issue first and then go about his diagnosis. I informed them about the wheel balancing that was done over the weekend and shared the numbers with them and they were happy with it.

Went on a test drive and Manju fully acknowledged the issue that I was highlighting, came as a surprise to me based on my earlier experience with the other service center, and he also explained what he would be doing next to get to the root cause - If my memory serves me right I think he went in the order of checking propeller shaft then wheel rims then hubs then drive shaft etc. He was very methodical in his test drive as well and I could see he was maintaining various speeds and observing the behaviour keenly. As first step he got the propeller shaft disconnected and we went on a test drive to see if the vibrations were still there and this time the XUV was butter smooth at all speeds - no vibrations whatsoever. The issue was an unbalanced propeller shaft. They wanted to tighten and retorque the propeller shaft once before going to cotek & mahindra and this was done and tested but it dint fix the issue. Details were discussed with Dinesh and he asked Manju to immediately get the cotek engaged and raise it with Mahindra whether to go for further investigation or go for a replacement of propeller shaft. The cotek was contacted and the advice was to fit the propeller shaft at 3 different rotations/alignment and test it along with flashing of few modules, it seemed like some kind of pre checks/sop before raising a warranty replacement. The propeller shaft was marked and rotated and fixed after each test run, it was noon by the time the first run was done and work forced me to get back home and I left Manju to continue on it. Got a call in the evening that the issue seems to have been fixed after the third rotation/test and they asked me to come in the morning for a test drive. Dropped in at the morning and went on a test drive and the issue seems to have been resolved for now - was adviced to drive few hundred kilometers and report back if I think the issue has resurfaced. I am going to keep a keen eye on this in coming days and get back to Chrome motors incase it pops up again, am happy that the root cause has been identified finally and am sure Chrome motors will get the fix in if the issue reoccurs.

A big shout out to Chrome Motors - Dinesh and Manju specially for all their patience and effort in getting to the bottom of this issue and getting a resolution. Found them very knowledgable and professional in their work.They were extremely patient with me and took the time out to explain what was happening and also allowed me to be around the floor all along when my car was being worked on

Last edited by Sandegov : 10th May 2023 at 01:30.
Sandegov is online now   (42) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 10:37   #8397
KBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBJ View Post
I too faced the same issue just a few days back. These warnings vanished automatically but now my ACC got glitchy and it works once or twice after vehicle start and then after we stop vehicle or disengage ACC by applying break, it always says Adaptive cruise control condition not met on the cluster. I informed this to service manager today only. Lets see how this goes. Mine is AX7L D AT.
I believe this is happening due to issue with brake pedal. I was recently told by my friend that vehicle's brake light is always on. He noticed it when he was driving after me. He was wondering if this a new feature or what

I then tried it out and realised that indeed the brake light was on even without stepping on the brake pedal. When the brake light is on, ACC won't be engaged. Upon further trials, realised that even with a slightest vehicle jerk also brake light is getting turned on. Not sure if this behaviour is observed by anyone else. Probably I am the chosen one here.

Also is there any way to check this on dashboard like if brake is applied or not? I might have been having this issue since long time but only realised it when someone else informed about it.

Last edited by graaja : 10th May 2023 at 10:48. Reason: Typo: break -> brake
KBJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 12:13   #8398

XUV700: The beauty and the beast

Hello all.
I just got hands on the new XUV700 AX7 D MT BS6.2. Can't say have noticed a significant change in the drivability from the BS6.0 engine( had driven a friend's car) but have listed to the sales representative saying it has further refined the engine.

Wanted to share what a horrific last min delivery experience I had.
Booked the car on 30th January, 2023 and initally online it showed the delivery date of feb,2024 but due to some connections with the dealer I was promised the delivery in the Navratri of March. Accordinlgy i booked the fancy number which goes on in our all the cars.

I was very well in touch with the dealer almost everyday regarding the delivery of the car and was assured always that the delivery will be done in due time. Comes the starting of Navratri adn they say the car is yet to come to lucknow and is still in transit. After repeated calls, I was told that the delivery in Navratri won't be possible and that it will be done in the first week of April itself as my fancy number was also going to expire.

Having completed all the formalities and completed the PDI of the vehicle( which I got access to on 3rd April), we had agreed for the delivery on the 5th April to which we all were excited about.

The sales guy calls us on 4th April 8:00 pm after the showroom closes and tells me that the price of the my selected model by whopping Rs. 65,000 and the remaining amount has to be paid prior delivery.
That was an utter shock to us having to go to collect the car next day and not even 15 hrs left and this is the news we get.

We tried telling and discussing and even arguing a bit to get us billed at the old rate but they straightaway said if you want the car, pay that price otherwise we can give it to some other customer.
Thus as a cheap consolation gift, they gave 20 ltrs of fuel and some minor accessories as complimentary.

Thats all, will update soon regarding the PPF done by me for the car.

Thanks Everyone
Carguy1503 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 15:09   #8399
BHPian

Any checklist for 10k kms service?
Mine is AX5 D MT and has run close to 9k kms. No specific issue to report to. Should we ask SA to check anything specifically?
Throughout my ownership, I have had a minor niggle of a metallic sound coming from inside of bonnet and audible to driver/passenger. This was identified as loose part in turbocharger (don't remember exactly which part) and was fixed free of cost in few minutes. Apart from it, it was great ownership so far.
Old 10th May 2023, 17:40   #8400
Senior - BHPian

I drove my friend's AX7 P AT for a short while. Felt impressed with the packed features and cabin interiors.

However felt the cabin bit noisy due to engine noise and also some what sluggish pickup. Coming from Creta IVT, I felt the XUV7OO was a bit low on engine refinement. Is the apparent sluggishness and noise characteristics of turbo petrol engine?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks