Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2022, 13:47   #7096
BHPian

Re: Upgraded to XUV700;Stayed with M&M for 17th year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakonbhp View Post
Got the delivery of XUV700 AX7l Red Rage Diesel AT after waiting for almost 12 months(booked on Oct 9th).

A significant upgrade from my Scorpio 2006 to this one. Obviously, I had to get used to lot of things before I share my experiences (not a pro to call it a review). (Still keeping the Scorpio)

Vehicle delivery was supposed to be in July per the online update - but got delayed and got delivered in Sep. On 15 Sep, during pre-inspection the price was different but when they sent the Invoice on 17 Sep the rates increased causing me to pay 40k extra. Was helpless but to pay. Took Insurance outside the dealership - with all add-ons could save about 59k. Beyond these also, the dealership experience could have been lot better to say the least.

Got the PPF done at TDM (The Detailing Mafia, Whitefield, Bangalore) right after the delivery. Will share the video and specifics of this soon. Well worth it and now the car looks terrific.

I tried for BH registration and was told one can save about 4-5 lacs (on state road tax) in addition to the feel of a national regn # but was not getting the level of confidence that I would like for going with it.

The driving experience has been quite good - tried only a few of the many options. Will share my experiences soon.

Few questions.
1. for the first 1k service, is it recommended to flush & re-fill the oil
2. Is there a speed limit recommended till the first service/certain mileage.
3. When and how much to fill DEF
First of all congrats on the purchase. Vehicle looks awesome in Red. Now coming to your queries.

1. 1k Service- Refill of oil i not needed. You can ask them to check the oil level just to be sure. Oil change will happen during the 10k service
2.Recommended speed limit is around 80kmph during the run-in period. The vehicle will challenge you to push it around triple digit speeds. so it will be a test of your resolve for sure
3.DEF has to be refilled when the quantity reaches below 50%. You can check it in the fuel info. Take it to the service service center and it will cost you around 2k(10-12 liters if i remember correctly).
Old 3rd October 2022, 17:05   #7097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakonbhp View Post
Got the delivery of XUV700 AX7l Red Rage Diesel AT after waiting for almost 12 months(booked on Oct 9th).

A significant upgrade from my Scorpio 2006 to this one. Obviously, I had to get used to lot of things before I share my experiences (not a pro to call it a review). (Still keeping the Scorpio)

Vehicle delivery was supposed to be in July per the online update - but got delayed and got delivered in Sep. On 15 Sep, during pre-inspection the price was different but when they sent the Invoice on 17 Sep the rates increased causing me to pay 40k extra. Was helpless but to pay. Took Insurance outside the dealership - with all add-ons could save about 59k. Beyond these also, the dealership experience could have been lot better to say the least.
Congrats n the purchase. Red Xuv700 is hardly seen on the roads and I like the color. I see midnight blacks everywhere and one or two silver/white ones at the max

What's the on road price now in Blr. Can you please post the breakup please with insurance ( you must have saved a bit there not going with the dealer) as it will be useful for Bengaluru folks who are waiting for delivery.
Old 3rd October 2022, 18:02   #7098

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
First of all congrats on the purchase. Vehicle looks awesome in Red. Now coming to your queries.

1. 1k Service- Refill of oil i not needed. You can ask them to check the oil level just to be sure. Oil change will happen during the 10k service
2.Recommended speed limit is around 80kmph during the run-in period. The vehicle will challenge you to push it around triple digit speeds. so it will be a test of your resolve for sure
3.DEF has to be refilled when the quantity reaches below 50%. You can check it in the fuel info. Take it to the service service center and it will cost you around 2k(10-12 liters if i remember correctly).
Thanks for sharing your experience! Am in queue for my XUV 700 & would appreciate if you could pls share where did you buy insurance from..TIA
Old 3rd October 2022, 20:11   #7099

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hello, has anyone seen this recent video? It's a fuel leak issue...

While I think this is an isolated issue, but the part that is exposed at the underbelly looks worrying. My current xcent even though it's a small sedan doesn't have anything so delicate exposed. But worried about this.
Old 3rd October 2022, 20:53   #7100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_wanderer View Post
Hi All. I need a quick suggestion about the car that my dealership is willing to deliver.

The story is that I had booked the AX7L AT AWD model in October 2021. My delivery timeline was November 22. A few days ago I for a call from my dealer stating that we can allocate a car to you which is currently at the plant and will be reaching in the next 7-10 days. 2 days later the SA confirmed that the car has already arrived. I requested for the VIN number and got the last 8 digits (chassis no. N6G19638) suggesting it is July 2022 manufacturing.

I spoke to the SA and he said even he wasn't aware and that I should not worry. He shared this car was recieved in August and was lying in the stockyard.

Now I am a little confused as I am wondering if it was in the stockyard why wasn't it allocated to anyone. Perhaps I am overthinking this .

Any thoughts on what I should be doing?

PS: I can go for the PDI of the vehicle on the weekend.
A quick update related to my previous post. I went for the PDI of the car today and it turns out the dealership was trying to pull a fast one. The car has visible dents which I spotted within the first minute of the PDI. Showed it to the SA and he within a second said he will arrange another car. So all this was for nothing. The dealership clearly knew the issue and were just hoping I would not notice and they would be able to get rid of the car that has been lying with them since a few months now. It's sad to see such practices from dealers and sales people.

A quick caution to anyone who has booked the AX7L AWD mid night black variant through Koncept Motors in Gurgaon. They might try to do this again to a unsuspecting buyer. I have the engine and chassis number of the car in case someone would like to validate against that a future purchase from Koncept.
DM and I can share the details.

The wait continues...
Mick_wanderer is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 16:44   #7101

I finally made a booking with India Garage, Whitefield Bangalore for AX7L D AT, White on 01 October 22. I was told the current waiting period for this model is 61-67 weeks.

Though the payment was done on 01st Oct, the SA is saying that they couldn’t log the request till today (it’s 04th Oct) as there is some issue with the Mahindra booking portal. Is this something normal? They haven’t shared any OTF number with me as well.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th October 2022 at 19:30. Reason: Typo
Old 4th October 2022, 18:16   #7102

Quote:
A quick update related to my previous post. I went for the PDI of the car today and it turns out the dealership was trying to pull a fast one. The car has visible dents which I spotted within the first minute of the PDI. Showed it to the SA and he within a second said he will arrange another car. So all this was for nothing. The dealership clearly knew the issue and were just hoping I would not notice and they would be able to get rid of the car that has been lying with them since a few months now. It's sad to see such practices from dealers and sales people.

A quick caution to anyone who has booked the AX7L AWD mid night black variant through Koncept Motors in Gurgaon. They might try to do this again to a unsuspecting buyer. I have the engine and chassis number of the car in case someone would like to validate against that a future purchase from Koncept.

The wait continues...
Shocking to know this! I strongly recommend that you write an official mail - surely at the cost of a few minutes rom your schedule. But atleast dealerships would be cautious on similar actions in the future.
rish_shish137 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 23:23   #7103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
I finally made a booking with India Garage, Whitefield Bangalore for AX7L D AT, White on 01 October 22. I was told the current waiting period for this model is 61-67 weeks.

Though the payment was done on 01st Oct, the SA is saying that they couldn’t log the request till today (it’s 04th Oct) as there is some issue with the Mahindra booking portal. Is this something normal? They haven’t shared any OTF number with me as well.
Congrats on your booking. From my personal experience be very careful about such statements made by dealership. It's easy way for them to escape the questions by saying there is issue with the Mahindra server, etc. Also further in case they say the booking is done and are hesitant to share the order number, please contact the Mahindra customer care to check the status of your booking.
Old 5th October 2022, 00:57   #7104

Quote:

If he has booked it, you can login to the Mahindra website using your phone number and an OTP that you will receive to validate the number.

Once you login, you will see the booking number along with your status as well but if you can't then it means the dealer is playing with you.
Old 5th October 2022, 08:06   #7105
BHPian

Quote:

You could ask the dealer to send you proofs of the paper forms they have filled for the booking before the online entry is made. Yours could be a case of delayed processing due to the holiday week.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 19:23   #7106
BHPian

Quote:

The wait continues...
That's shocking, Glad you could spot the same and not ignore it in excitement of quick delivery. I have also booked AX7 AT Petrol from the same dealer and waiting eagerly. Though the dealership is throwing a cold feet with the expected delivery date and Mahindra website indicates Nov/Dec, 23 which is obnoxious.

I might cancel my booking, if the car is not delivered within next 3 months (it's already 3 months from the date of booking) and rather pick Safari.

Another BIG news is the same dealer offered delivery of my vehicle within a month, if I pay them 1.5 Lacs premium (obviously in black), which is again ridiculous.When I declined the offer, they have even stopped updating about the status/progress of my vehicle and said, Jahan se jaldi milti hai le lo (take it from where you can get it sooner), quite disheartened with the response so far.
Turbo Head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 20:15   #7107
BHPian

I took the 4th and 5th year extended warranty for my car at the time of paying the full price. However, the invoice i received does not show this. How do i get a confirmation from the dealer or see the extended warranty status online? Please do advise
Old 6th October 2022, 09:02   #7108

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
I took the 4th and 5th year extended warranty for my car at the time of paying the full price. However, the invoice i received does not show this. How do i get a confirmation from the dealer or see the extended warranty status online? Please do advise
Please visit the website withyouhamesha.com on browser or download the WithYouHamesha App on your mobile.

Search for the Extended Warranty Tab. Right there, you will be able to see your Extended Warranty/ Shield details. In fact, you can download your Extended Warranty/ Shield certificate and the Extended Warranty Invoice/ receipt from there.

My Extended warranty details were updated in the database within a week. However, it took my dealer almost 02 months to hand me over the shield certificate which happened to be a plain printout of the website online certificate copy.
Torque&Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 12:29   #7109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque&Power View Post
Please visit the website withyouhamesha.com on browser or download the WithYouHamesha App on your mobile.

Search for the Extended Warranty Tab. Right there, you will be able to see your Extended Warranty/ Shield details. In fact, you can download your Extended Warranty/ Shield certificate and the Extended Warranty Invoice/ receipt from there.
I think you are confused with RSA. For Shield warranty such options are not available. Atleast for me.

Last edited by lark63 : 6th October 2022 at 12:44.
Old 6th October 2022, 15:24   #7110

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
I think you are confused with RSA. For Shield warranty such options are not available. Atleast for me.
Here's a snip from my withyouhamesha webpage.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-capture.jpg
Torque&Power is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks