Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2022, 18:02   #7036

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Got the Apple Car Play update installed finally. Will post a review on the experience after a few days of usage. Got the Canister Check/ Replacement & T Block Connector Installation automatically in the job card. They check the canister & if it weighs more than 800gm, it is to replaced with a new one (Free of Cost). Mine weighed a little over a kg and was replaced with the newer model. As regards the T Block Connector, they will lower the petrol tank completely from the body, so try & get it changed when the fuel qty is atleast less than half! Didn't quite understand the T Block Connector design but it involved cutting a connecting pipe & installing the connector midway & finally sealed with rubberised adhesive tapes.
Attaching a few pics for ready reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220923_113721.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220923_120029.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220923_112510.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220923_115916.jpg  

rish_shish137 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 18:43   #7037

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish11128 View Post
I am seeing “No bookings found” since today morning on the Mahindra status portal.
I have booked AX7L D AT Red Rage with two different dealers. It’s showing up as “No bookings found” for both the bookings. Booked both in March ‘22.
It was showing as Order under planning until yesterday.
Anyone else seeing this issue?
Facing the same issue. Checked with the dealer. They can see it. Delivery date has reduced by a month. Fingers xd
Old 26th September 2022, 20:20   #7038
sbm
BHPian

Guys, I need help with my One Plus NORD2's wireless Android Auto connection. It worked fine through last month, connecting wirelessly as soon as I started the car, but suddenly yesterday it stopped working. I can still connect it through wire, but the wireless thing is really convenient, and I am really missing it. Each time, the car's system asks to restart Bluetooth on the phone, but it doesn't help. Other One Plus phones and other brands of phones are connecting perfectly.
Old 26th September 2022, 20:36   #7039
BHPian

I'm having a tough time getting adjusted to the brakes of my XUV 700. Here are my observations:

In bumper to bumper traffic, when I apply the brakes, nothing really happens for the first part of the travel, and then the brakes bite really hard.

At highway speeds, the braking action is more linear, but the degree of bite is not at all confidence inspiring. Also there is very little feedback from the pedal.

This makes it very hard to judge the braking distance.

I have reported this in the two service visits i had had so far. In the first instance, the technician claimed that the brakes were normal, and adviced me to run them in. In the second instance, at a different ASC, a different technician after a long test drive agreed that the brakes were odd. He told me that he'll bleed the lines to see if that helps. It did for some time, but the perfomance has degraded again.

Has anyone else faced the same problem? Any suggestions for solutions are welcome!
Old 26th September 2022, 20:51   #7040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
In bumper to bumper traffic, when I apply the brakes, nothing really happens for the first part of the travel, and then the brakes bite really hard.
For this, after ensuring that it was safe (especially with no traffic behind), I would brake hard at low/moderate speeds several times. This need not be in succession and can even be over time. If after several tries, there is some improvement, it would be an indication if this is the reason. As the technician said, it might need some run-in/wear to settle in.

However,
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
He told me that he'll bleed the lines to see if that helps. It did for some time, but the perfomance has degraded again.
Any suggestions for solutions are welcome!
That the brakes got better after bleeding and got worse again, I would seriously consider checking for leaks in the brake fluid line (cylinder, pipes, clamps or whatever the XUV700 system has), and that the cylinder builds requisite pressure.

Given that it is an issue with brakes and a potential leak, please do not take it lightly.

PS: You just might have both the above issues.

Last edited by Poitive : 26th September 2022 at 20:56. Reason: Refinement.
Poitive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 21:26   #7041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
I would seriously consider checking for leaks in the brake fluid line (cylinder, pipes, clamps or whatever the XUV700 system has), and that the cylinder builds requisite pressure.

PS: You just might have both the above issues.
Thank you so much for these pointers. I will investigate in this direction.
buzzy_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 21:29   #7042
BHPian

Hi everyone...

I ended up buying an XUV 700 diesel automatic AX3 on a whim. After realizing I didn't get within the first 25000 bookings of Scorpio N, I withdrew my advance and also realized Mahindra has silently upped the price of my version by 2.19 lakhs in a month. I had booked the Z8 diesel automatic 2WD, mainly for the safety. I would have been totally happy with a lower variant that offered 4WD, but then these decisions are mostly based on what the wife wants, and she was all about safety first. Anyway, that ship sailed and we were extremely dejected. It was the 25th anniversary of our marriage and we thought we would gift each other a car, given the Duster has already done more than 1 lakh km in 9 years, but it wasn't to be.

However, the salesperson at Anant Cars Mahindra was not one to give up. She kept sending daily stock of available vehicles and we got a midnight blue AX3 diesel automatic and immediately purchased it without thinking. The fluidic lines of the XUV are not my aesthetic, because I have had a Bolero earlier and a Scorpio Classic or Scorpio-N would have suited my needs more (like all men, I think I deserve a Ford Bronco or Lada Niva), but to be honest, this car with its floating screen, smooth suspension, and automatic transmission has made a fan out of me in 2 days. I have always had stick shift cars, and this was a big step up for me. And although this is an AX3, it already has more stuff that I will ever use during my total ownership of the car for sure. I've added alloys, Mahindra seat covers, a rear-view camera, chrome strips/rain visors, and am thinking of adding sun blinds and side steps (for in-laws). Any ownership review of the side steps (about how the GC gets compromised) will help.

Having come from a Duster with which I've done Bhutan/Sikkim/Calcutta/Kanyakumari/Vizag/Vijaywada/Bhubaneswar/Munnar/Goa/Kodaikanal and pretty much all of South India, I am a Duster fanboy, especially of the suspension. It really can decimate bad roads and fly over potholes and bad patches without having to slow down. At 1 lakh km I changed the shocks and put new springs and Yokohama Geolanders, and it has again become plush as new. So the first comparison was about the suspension, and the XUV had me pleasantly surprised. So far, it is gliding over bad roads with relative elan, and driving both back to back made me feel that the XUV is a little better. There is a bit of noise when you hit a rough patch, but you can't feel it inside the cabin. But then this is a new car, so I don't know how it will degrade over the years.

Brakes are a tad sharp and there's no way I can slam them unless I want people to rear end me. Am still getting used to them. I have some 470 pages of comments to read on the forum now, so let's see what are the niggles people have faced in the last couple of years. I hear Mahindra has recalled the XUV for turbocharger issues, but mine is Aug 2022 manufactured and I don't know where to check for the recall with the VIN.

So far, am smiling from ear to ear. And today I saw a red one with a blacked-out roof with a proud t-bhp sticker on the rear door...this is Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore, so lemme see if I can spot you again some day.

I wanted to know about side steps and a 360 cam, if possible. If anybody's done it, how's been the experience/cost, etc.

Thanks and cheers!

--

Oreen
Oreen is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 22:02   #7043
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Oreen, Interesting you say that Salesperson kept sending you available Cars for immediate purchase, as others who have booked it are still waiting.

I have not booked one myself, but by any chance did they even have AX7L for immediate sale which was sent to you, if yes can you please share the number of salesperson.

If I have misunderstood that part of your post, then my apologies, and congratulations again on the new car!
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 13:37   #7044
BHPian

Has anyone gone to the service center to address the recall for the turbocharger?
Old 27th September 2022, 17:49   #7045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
I hear Mahindra has recalled the XUV for turbocharger issues, but mine is Aug 2022 manufactured and I don't know where to check for the recall with the VIN.
Visit this link: https://auto.mahindra.com/service-action

Key in your registered mobile number and the last 8 digits of your VIN.

I don't know if the site is accurate as I couldn't find any recall data for my vehicle (Jun Manufactured) and even the service center didn't have anything with regards to the turbocharger or anything else other than some software updates -- This was based on my recent visit for Apple CarPlay.

But mine is a Petrol variant, so can't say the same for everyone
Smartomotive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 17:53   #7046
BHPian

Hi, anyone who has recently taken delivery of an AX7L can confirm if their car has come with the Rear Dynamic Indicator? Or that has been completely discontinued with by the manufacturer for the XUV700 line for Scorpio N?
Old 27th September 2022, 22:21   #7047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Congratulations Oreen, Interesting you say that Salesperson kept sending you available Cars for immediate purchase, as others who have booked it are still waiting.

I have not booked one myself, but by any chance did they even have AX7L for immediate sale which was sent to you, if yes can you please share the number of salesperson.

If I have misunderstood that part of your post, then my apologies, and congratulations again on the new car!
Hi, no, it isn't the top end version. Most of what is available is MX, AX3, and AX5, and almost ALL are petrol. It took quite a few days to find a diesel. And the moment she sent me the list, I booked and got it in three days.
Oreen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 23:05   #7048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WiseMen View Post
Hi, anyone who has recently taken delivery of an AX7L can confirm if their car has come with the Rear Dynamic Indicator? Or that has been completely discontinued with by the manufacturer for the XUV700 line for Scorpio N?
AX7L variants will get the sequential indicators when it is made available (expected in 6 months after delivery). Anything below is discontinued.

-

Is anyone facing this weird issue I've started to face today with the infotainment system?

Basically, It keeps restarting every couple of mins on its own, and no sound from the audio playback.

Further, The screen graphics turn into low-quality blurry graphics as if the resolution of the screen is downscaled and if restarted, it starts showing normally but this damn auto rebooting issue is annoying -- While driving it's automatically rebooting itself

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've already had the software reflashed.

I wonder if it's a unique problem.
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 07:32   #7049

Hi,

I have booked AX7L D AWD Midnight Black with Anant Cars Marathahalli Bangalore on September 9th, 2022. Took multiple test drives before booking and even after booking. One thing I am slightly worried about is the NVH levels of the diesel engine even when AC is On with all windows shut. But SA was telling it's because of TD Vehicle. Would like to know from our Bhpians who got the delivery about NVH on the XUV700 Diesel variant.

Last edited by karthik1289 : 28th September 2022 at 07:43.
karthik1289 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 11:56   #7050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
I don't know if the site is accurate as I couldn't find any recall data for my vehicle (Jun Manufactured) and even the service center didn't have anything with regards to the turbocharger or anything else other than some software updates -- This was based on my recent visit for Apple CarPlay.

But mine is a Petrol variant, so can't say the same for everyone
The Turbocharger Actuator recall is for diesel variants and not for petrol.

Petrol variants has this Canister Check/ Replacement & T Block Connector Installation.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks