Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 19:16   #5896

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
To all the owners who have already taken delivery:
====
Some accessories like footrest, tailgate scuff plate, sd card, led scuff plates etc are possibly better availed from the dealership but i am now wondering if this is another way to make some quick money .....
Yes, my dealer applied labour charges . They also provided the bill for the same. It was under the name "Accessories fitment charges" on the bill. Had CGST+SGST extra added (18%)
Dhiraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 20:24   #5897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
Need help BHPians!!

2. It has 85kms on the ODO and the dealer says it has come till Doddabalapur on train and then drove it till service center where all the cars are kept.

TIA
This is normal. Once in a while the stocks come via train and it is usually unloaded at doddaballapura. The reading was even more in my case (my delivery is tomorrow, PDI done on last Saturday). On asking query, the guy in the yard was patient and shared more info on how the vehicles usually come in. Showed me the register showing info on which lot came by truck/train. 31 cars which came along with mine were all from train through Doddaballapura and had about 100kms on clock.

These would usually be reset according to him before delivery. The manufacturing month as well, if not older than 3 months (or crossing calendar year) should not be an issue.

I see this as two sides of the issue with PDI, one is that we get to assure ourselves of what we are buying. On the other side, we get caught up in some small niggles that might be commonplace or non-issues.

I hope you can get these issues cleared and get your car asap.

Congratulations
Sks_Biker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 23:58   #5898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
To all the owners who have already taken delivery: Did the dealership charge you extra installation charges for accessories purchased from them? My dealer - Randhawa Motors - insists that the prices on m2all do not inclue labour charges and their pricing - about 10-30% higher - accounts for installation charges as well. Some accessories like footrest, tailgate scuff plate, sd card, led scuff plates etc are possibly better availed from the dealership but i am now wondering if this is another way to make some quick money .....
The dealer does charge extra money for accessories, not only that they will try to sell the costlier ones and less popular ones too, like they asked me to go for illuminated scuff plates and aluminum rear guard. But you will be surprised how flexible they are, like they were charging 1500 for the mudflaps that cost 650 on m2all website and finally we agreed on 800 with installation and gst. While the m2all website does say that the accessories must be installed by authorized dealers, you will have to put your bargaining hat on to strike a favorable deal. Try to float in other dealers, if any, in your area and other grey market options and the dealer would likely yield to your benefit. BTW I would strongly recommend that you install the genuine accessories from a genuine dealer only. First negotiate to a suitable amount, then round it up to a nearest lowest figure and the dealer would agree, as per my experience. Please be clear whether you need to install the side footsteps, as those are already charged exorbitantly by Mahindra itself and the dealer further inflates the cost by 2-3k which is not justifiable by any means. Besides, the side steps and bumper guards are screwed in the chassis/ frame of the vehicle which would imply serious collateral damage in case of any impact.

Last edited by Dark water : 23rd June 2022 at 00:01.
Dark water is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:06   #5899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
What a coincidence - dropped an email and few hours later got a call back from SA that the vehicle is billed, had called them few times to confirm on billing before sending email but they only got back now. Awaiting VIN and other details.

Got the same story from SA - mentioned it will come by train and may take 1-2 additional days to arrive as compared to before.
Great News . Hoping you get the delivery ASAP. I guess the car is also raring to meet you
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 13:58   #5900

Mahindra achieves its second 'Safer Choice' award this time for XUV 700.

In November 2021, the XUV 700 was rated with five stars for adult occupant protection and four stars for child occupant protection.

Mahindra voluntarily submitted the XUV 700 for further testing, with the model meeting both pedestrian protection and ESC requirements.

Source: Global NCAP YouTube
JigarKansagara is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 16:37   #5901

#Small query and bit of a rant

Can anyone confirm what is the latest software version of the infotainment system ? Mine shows 7.0.12. I got the first service done today and the advisor assured they updated the software but I can still see the same version as before. Mine has experienced a screen blackout once. I think I saw 8.0 something in a youtube video recently but I can't find it now.

The workshop also didn't pay attention to my request of installing SD card, stalling first and in the end completely refusing it. They also kept telling me that SD card installation and software updates should happen at the dealer. The dealer already has put the onus on workshops for these.

The experience was for Sec 37 Workshop in Gurgaon. Would not recommend it to any NCR owners. In fact would not recommend any of the Gurgaon service centers. They all seem clueless on the software side of things. Will look for other workshops in Noida/Delhi for better service, software and SD card installation service.

Thanks.
Picard Jean-Luc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 17:19   #5902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Jean-Luc View Post
=====
Will look for other workshops in Noida/Delhi for better service, software and SD card installation service.

Thanks.
well, i too got my AX7L 1st service done recently, and my software version is still on the latest 07.* version. I asked them why they haven't updated the software to 08.* and they told me that they are updating it for vehicles that are having issues. They said the 08.* addresses certain issues and unless the user does not experience it, they won't update it. So incase you don't have any issues they will keep it on 07.*

btw, they also told me that incase the update is meant for all cars, they oen would get an email/sms or some communication from Mahindra to goto the service center to update it.
Old 23rd June 2022, 17:23   #5903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Can anyone confirm what is the latest software version of the infotainment system ? Mine shows 7.0.12. I got the first service done today and the advisor assured they updated the software but I can still see the same version as before. Mine has experienced a screen blackout once. I think I saw 8.0 something in a Youtube video recently but I can't find it now.

Thanks.
08.01.41 is the latest version for AX7. Fixes AC caliberation, blank screen issues and enhanced support for ADAS.
Information shared by RavenAvi.

Last edited by Sommos : 23rd June 2022 at 17:27.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 10:25   #5904
BHPian

Quote:

Can anyone confirm what is the latest software version of the infotainment system ? Mine shows 7.0.12. I got the first service done today and the advisor assured they updated the software but I can still see the same version as before. Mine has experienced a screen blackout once. I think I saw 8.0 something in a Youtube video recently but I can't find it now.

The workshop also didn't pay attention to my request of installing SD card, stalling first and in the end completely refusing it. They also kept telling me that SD card installation and software updates should happen at the dealer. The dealer already has put the onus on workshops for these.

The experience was for Sec 37 Workshop in Gurgaon. Would not recommend it to any NCR owners. In fact would not recommend any of the Gurgaon service centers. They all seem clueless on the software side of things. Will look for other workshops in Noida/Delhi for better service, software and SD card installation service.

Thanks.
with respect to the SD card installation, the service center guys should do it as it involves opening the left portion near the dashboard. Don't think the dealer can do it unless the showroom has a service center . Please push it across with other service center in your area and they should be able to do it.
Old 24th June 2022, 10:42   #5905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Great News . Hoping you get the delivery ASAP. I guess the car is also raring to meet you
Thanks 👍 hoping to get it by end of next month if everything falls in place.
Old 24th June 2022, 12:12   #5906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
1. There is plenty discussion about the Youtuber in question. I wouldn't call him "famous". That person seems to have a history of abusing cars. His next car, a fortuner, also ran into issues after purchase. I feel like there is more to that story than the Youtuber is letting on. I wouldn't take it too seriously.
2. I have driven the 700, and the suspension noise is not all that noticeable. It definitely does not make the ride uncomfortable and noisy. We were 4 fully grown adults on board. So the car was decently loaded. What I drove had about 80% good roads, and 20% mixed. Nowhere was the suspension noise that noticeable.
That very same youtuber has owned xuv500 for 10 years and then he got the xuv700. Also his fortuner has met with accident and he is not ranting for fortuner. Also many xuv700 owners are stating about xuv700 suspension is making noises on pothole road then all must not be stating false information. Every car has its own flaws so person is accepting the same then what is the problem. That youtuber XUV700 developed brake failure and mahindra accepted that brake booster master cylinder is faulty then why do you think he is unnecessarily abusing his xuv700. He has shown all the facts in the video.
Old 24th June 2022, 12:53   #5907

Anyone got delivery of AWD in last 1-2 months ? For me the expected delivery date was April . Dealer is telling that they have not received any AWD vehicles in last 2-3 months .
Old 24th June 2022, 13:46   #5908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantmodi View Post
Anyone got delivery of AWD in last 1-2 months ? For me the expected delivery date was April . Dealer is telling that they have not received any AWD vehicles in last 2-3 months .
There was a logistic related issue with some part/ assembly for the AWD facility and the part is imported from Germany. But on 21-06 my AWD has been billed and Sandegov's car has also been billed recently.

I suggest you send a mail to kharga(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com. You should get immediate response within a day or two.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 14:22   #5909
BHPian

I have also booked XUV700 AWD L on 8th Oct. My CPD was 3rd May. But there’s no update from dealer on when will the car be billed and delivered.

I tried my source and he informed after checking in the plant that the AWDs are lined up for assembly since long but are waiting for components to be available at Chakan plant.

Hoping to get the delivery as soon as possible as I am loosing patience now after being waiting for 7 months initially and 2 months post my expected delivery date.
sbr_yash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 14:57   #5910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantmodi View Post
I got my AWD delivered on 1st April. Not sure if production is impacted recently for AWD's but this was the case from the beginning as AWD needs more chips than the other variants

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks