Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2023, 15:23   #8101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Faced an issue with my AX7L P last evening. Posting here to check if anyone else faced it. And if any resolution was found.
How old is your car? Could it be due to low battery in the remote key?

Last edited by SDP : 19th March 2023 at 18:59. Reason: Please quote only relevant bits and avoid quoting entire big posts for better readability
Old 18th March 2023, 16:34   #8102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
I am seeing an issue with the "Drive video recording". There are no recordings in either of the "General" and "Emergency" folders!! I have an SD card and there were video recordings earlier. But all seem to be now deleted and recording is not happening anymore. Anybody else faced this?
Facing the same issue. Tried to procure a recording of a near miss incident I had. But none of the folders show any saved videos.
Old 18th March 2023, 17:10   #8103
BHPian

Finally, I went to a Mahindra dealer during my office commute to enquire about the status of my Thar RWD. In the meantime, I checked out the XUV700, overall, I would say it's an impressive product on paper and a decent product in real life. However, there's no wow factor associated with the car, especially the interiors, initially they looked promising on pictures but after sitting inside the car, it feels just okay, nothing very high quality as such. Would I spend 29L on this car, probably not, not because it's a bad product as such, it's just I didn't feel connected to the car. On the other hand, I feel Tata has done a better job on the interior front, the car feels better from the inside and especially the ride quality of the Harrier running on 17s. This is coming from someone who works in JLR and I regularly get to use Discovery Sport and Velar for official purpose. Tata has done a great job on the interior and suspension for sure, rest I feel Mahindra has a better engineered car in terms of crash ratings.
sachin_cs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 00:38   #8104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
How old is your car? Could it be due to low battery in the remote key?
The car is a little over 6 months old. It definitely is not a problem with the key battery. It started working fine after the car's battery was disconnected and reconnected. Something made the central locking system go bust.
Old 19th March 2023, 08:53   #8105

Would like to share my story how i shortlisted Tata Safari and cancelled the XUV700 AX7 L with heavy heart.

I was happy with 2015 bought Volkswagen Polo 1.5 TDI Highline(as much i know still the best hatchback for front row and driving pleasure) and not following the market in recent times. When we started looking for second car(SUV) in January 2023, the market scenario came as a surprise for me. Prices have been skyrocketed and options are not many. I even thought of dropping the idea of second car due to overpriced suv market. Still pinching myself for paying 30L for Tata and Mahindra car. I am proud that Indian cars are the best in segment and doing well, however never dreamt of paying the premium this much.

My dream SUV was Ford endeavour which is not available, when I can afford.

My list of web browsed shortlisted SUVs are few like Tata Harrier, XUV700 and Tata Safari. Other models like Jeep compass, alcazar, seltos didn't make the cut purely on basis of looks.

During my test drive, i felt XUV700 is a generation ahead interms of loaded features, wherein harrier/safari is looking masculine the way I like. When i bought my first car, i paid more attention to driving comfort and safety, less on gimmicks. I am happy with my decision to buy polo over I20 elite.

XUV700 is too good for the features, engine power , value for money. I booked it on February 2023 and joined you all with hope sometime in Nov/Dec will get hold my this future car.

Then came the official announcement of safari/harrier 2023 launch with ADAS and improved infotainment system. I went ahead and booked the vehicle on the first day with the mindset of decide later and ready cancellation charges by Tata or Mahindra.

New safari looked the same from exterior and my 4 year daughter liked the red seats so booked the Dark red variant.

Why i choose to get Safari and cancelled XUV700

Top reasons in order
1. Red seats for my daughter's iking (sounds unreal, but we all do for family)

2. Delivery by end of March 2023, i am a kind of person who wants to get hold of things as soon as possible.

3. Masculine SUV Looks

4. Better third row seats, even though it may not be used frequently. However, dreamt of taking my entire family whenever I go toy hometown

5. Almost all features are added to the new edition except Adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist m, so features wise Gap has narrowed between Safari and XUV700

6. Liked the useful features like ventilated seats, auto dimming IRVM

Finally cancelled my XUV700 booking to avoid further dilemma in checking on XUV700, because it's too good. Waiting for safari delivery.

May be i will keep watching the market for my next car so that I will book in advance, maybe Mahindra's first self drive car which i seems probable in another 5 years. Cheers
Old 19th March 2023, 10:07   #8106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_D_S_7 View Post
During my test drive, i felt XUV700 is a generation ahead interms of loaded features, wherein harrier/safari is looking masculine the way I like. When i bought my first car, i paid more attention to driving comfort and safety, less on gimmicks. I am happy with my decision to buy polo over I20 elite.
You kept your last car for a good 8 years or so, I am sure XUV would have been a better car to keep for long but nevermind you can buy it once the waiting periods come down.

It is indeed a generation ahead in everything because Mahindra has an unparalleled setup near Chennai that even the competitors borrow to use for their vehicle development
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 18:54   #8107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Indie_Tank View Post

I am in complete dilemma now and looking for some guidance. Wife is more inclined towards Safari but I am little worried about infamous issues and after sales experiences shared by many on this platform. Should I wait for my XUV700 AXL D or book Safari XZA+(O)?
In my opinion XUV700 is an excellent car and better than Safari; the drive and overall feel is very good. I have owned 2 XUV500s and now XUV700 AX7 Petrol AT for the last one year, I am enjoying my ride. I have had good sales/after sales experience with Mahindra. Cheers
sudhirjaipur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 19:04   #8108
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The XUV700 is a lovely car. I owned one for 9 months and sold it last week and bought a RWD Thar diesel strictly for personal reasons. As my wife had passed on and me having no kids, I thought the 700 was an overkill. Sold it and got a Thar which is more than enough for single me. Again personal opinion, I felt the Mahindra vehicle is better than the Tata, but, it is just my opinion.
rajeevsulu is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 08:04   #8109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
I am seeing an issue with the "Drive video recording". There are no recordings in either of the "General" and "Emergency" folders!! I have an SD card and there were video recordings earlier. But all seem to be now deleted and recording is not happening anymore. Anybody else faced this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Facing the same issue. Tried to procure a recording of a near miss incident I had. But none of the folders show any saved videos.
I had missed the error which said "No SD Card" in the surround view settings menu.
I took the car to the service centre as I had the first scheduled service and found that the SD card and come off. The Service advisor said that it was not physically mounted correctly when it was installed. I am now able to see the recordings after he mounted it correctly.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 10:12   #8110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibu View Post
What are the changes following the latest software update in xuv700?
The software was updated yesterday (19/3/2023) when I got the first service done. With the new version, Apple car play is enabled and the Service advisor mentioned that there are improvements in Android auto to address some lag issues. I did not notice any other differences but felt the touch screen was a bit more responsive (not sure if it is real or a placebo effect )

S/W Current package version: 10.14.11
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 22:00   #8111
BHPian

Hi folks, have a few questions-
1. Is there any difference/benefit of booking an XUV over the web vs at the showroom?
2. Any Bangalore dealers that are providing benefits of any kind on the XUV?
3. If you have an XUV in white, how is the paint ageing?
4. If you have a petrol, do you see any improvement in FE after a recent service? Some have reported so in this thread.

Many thanks in advance if you are able to respond to any of these questions! Cheers!
Old 20th March 2023, 22:15   #8112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Hi folks, have a few questions-
1. Is there any difference/benefit of booking an XUV over the web vs at the showroom?
2. Any Bangalore dealers that are providing benefits of any kind on the XUV?
3. If you have an XUV in white, how is the paint ageing?
4. If you have a petrol, do you see any improvement in FE after a recent service? Some have reported so in this thread.

Many thanks in advance if you are able to respond to any of these questions! Cheers!
If the specific variant or the nearest variant you have booked has arrived to their yard and the customer has cancelled or is waiting to take the next allotment etc you may get a chance to own the vehicle faster. Provided the SA is aware that you are not worried about a few thousand rupees here and there - dealer bookings have such advantages. If the SA has some target related to accessories or other things like extended warranty he will be happy to help a willing customer.

Paint is good, the older cars were using BASF, nowadays I'm not sure what it is but given where they now bake their vehicle in the sun , I have no doubt it will hold up very well.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 22:27   #8113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Hi folks,
You might want to keep an eye on this new thread about "gas guzzlers".
Example:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5515514 (Are you driving a fuel guzzler? Share your guzzler's FE numbers here)
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 23:23   #8114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_D_S_7 View Post
Would like to share my story how i shortlisted Tata Safari and cancelled the XUV700 AX7 L with heavy heart.
I echo your thoughts. I recently checked Safari and was very impressed. Here is link to comparison points.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post5514094 (Mahindra XUV700 vs Tata Safari vs Toyota Innova Crysta vs others)
Old 20th March 2023, 23:56   #8115

Greetings.
I recently purchased the XUV700 AX7 Petrol AT and am due for the first servicing after 1000 kms. I have a couple of questions :

1) Can one expect any significant increase in fuel efficiency after the first service? The current mileage I am getting is just about 7 to 7.5 km/l in city traffic.

2) Are there any software upgrades/stability after the service, especially to Android Auto? Can we expect the infotainment to stabilize, and reduce the niggles, abrupt disconnects and shutdowns etc?

3) I have an AX7 but do not have the luxury model and would like to install a 360 camera from the market (after-sales). Does anyone have experience in installation of a 360 camera? I have tried checking with various after-sales car accessories agencies and am told that there is no plug and play available for 360 camera installation for the XUV 700 in the market so far.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed