Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2023, 13:53   #9061
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I had booked an XUV700 diesel AT Ax7 version from Pothens' Mahindra Cochin in early 2022. I paid INR 21K for the booking, with the guarantee from dealer that if I cancel the booking the entire booking amount will be re-funded.

I had visited their sales office at Cheranellore, Cochin in July 2023 to cancel the booking. They accepted my cancellation letter and a cancelled cheque and promised a credit within 2 weeks. From that day onwards, I am running after them to get the refund back after cancellation. They do not pick up the call, they do not accept messages, their call center number is not working.

I went to their sales office again and understood that they are winding up their operations in Cochin. Almost all employees have exited and only 2 people were there at the office. When I asked about the refund they told that Pothens dealership was winding down at Cochin but told that the amount would be credited soon.

For the last one month, I am not getting any response from them. They are avoiding all calls, there is no one at their office.

Any idea how to handle this situation - Will Mahindra return the amount because my booking is still reflecting in the Mahindra order status website?
Any advise?
Old 24th September 2023, 13:58   #9062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank700 View Post
Hello all,

Has anyone found a good sunshade for the XUV700? The ones from M&M aren't that good in my opinion. Has anyone tinted the windows to the legally accepted percentage? If yes, please share your experience and recommendation.

Thanks in advance!
I used the Starmate Magnetic Sunshades. I find them preety good. Also they dont need any brackets for installing. The magnets stick to the metal part of the door
niranjan.mulye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 14:14   #9063

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
I used the Starmate Magnetic Sunshades. I find them preety good. Also they dont need any brackets for installing. The magnets stick to the metal part of the door
Do you mind sharing the link? I couldn't find it on Amazon.
Old 24th September 2023, 14:53   #9064
BHPian

Quote:
Sure. You can contact them directly on Whatsapp.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th September 2023 at 17:55. Reason: U = You. No SMS language please.
niranjan.mulye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 18:00   #9065
BHPian

Hi all

Does anyone use the wireless pad for charging their iPhone14/14 Pro in the XUV? Any reviews on this? Does the phone charge faster than it loses charge while connected with Apple Car Play?
Does it heat up? Any difference in behavior with and without a mag-safe iPhone cover?

My 2023 SE does heat up a lot at times - but performs fine.

TIA
Old 25th September 2023, 18:35   #9066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Does anyone use the wireless pad for charging their iPhone14/14 Pro in the XUV? Any reviews on this? Does the phone charge faster than it loses charge while connected with Apple Car Play?
Does it heat up? Any difference in behavior with and without a mag-safe iPhone cover?
I charge my 13 Pro. It's not consistent. Sometimes it heats up even with 20-30 mins of charging and sometimes doesn't even after keeping it on charge for 2-3 hours at a stretch.
shubham_2206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 19:00   #9067
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all

Does anyone use the wireless pad for charging their iPhone14/14 Pro in the XUV?
Wireless charging will heat up iphones, if you are using car play along with wireless charging, it can get heated up further.

I use carplay all the time, so the solution I am using is to have an original lightning cable connected to the middle C port for charging and an ac vent phone holder to park the phone while connected to carplay. In this way I can charge the phone, use carplay and keep it cool as well.

The C port got a decent charging speed compared to the wireless charger.
Old 25th September 2023, 19:21   #9068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Wireless charging will heat up iphones, if you are using car play along with wireless charging, it can get heated up further.

I use carplay all the time, so the solution I am using is to have an original lightning cable connected to the middle C port for charging and an ac vent phone holder to park the phone while connected to carplay. In this way I can charge the phone, use carplay and keep it cool as well.

The C port got a decent charging speed compared to the wireless charger.
Well - that way you can park the phone in the cooled arm rest storage as well if you wish to go the wired route. My question pertained to using the latest iPhones, wirelessly. And not all phones behave the same while being charged wirelessly. ( from a heating and connection stability perspective)
Hence, wanted the inputs from the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Quote:
Careful about using these magnetic shades. With time, these magnets tend to get exposed with frequent rubbing with the metal (the cloth wears down) causing scratches on the door frame. Also, if these get wet with rain and stuff, there is a chance of rust as well.
Am talking about this from personal experience...
Also, it makes the door a tad more difficult to shut.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham_2206 View Post
I charge my 13 Pro. It's not consistent. Sometimes it heats up even with 20-30 mins of charging and sometimes doesn't even after keeping it on charge for 2-3 hours at a stretch.
Yup. I notice the same with my iPhone SE as well... wonder if this has got to do with the load on the processor depending on the strength of the network coverage.
The 23 SE has the same innards as the 13 Pro ie. Apple A15 Bionic albeit with 2GB lesser RAM.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th September 2023 at 10:07. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 25th September 2023, 19:42   #9069
BHPian

Quote:
My question pertained to using the latest iPhones, wirelessly. And not all phones behave the same while being charged wirelessly
Missed to mention that I have been using a 14 Pro Max with mag-safe case and my suggestions were based on that only.

It get heated up mildly on using wireless charging alone and is hot once carplay also is connected. The charge remains more or less same when using carplay while phone is on wireless charger.
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 20:40   #9070
BHPian

Hello everyone. Hope you are doing well!
I am planning to buy the XUV700 AX7 Diesel MT from NBS International, Mumbai. I have a couple of questions:

1. Since there are no TD available for manual variants, can someone let me know if the clutch and gear travel is long or is it hard like the ones in Tata?
2. This is specific to Mumbai folks, how has your service experience been with NBS service centres?
Old 26th September 2023, 22:29   #9071
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
Hello everyone. Hope you are doing well!
I am planning to buy the XUV700 AX7 Diesel MT from NBS International, Mumbai. I have a couple of questions:

1. Since there are no TD available for manual variants, can someone let me know if the clutch and gear travel is long or is it hard like the ones in Tata?
?
Here is a comparison of the diesel manual gearboxes on the Harrier or Safari with the XUV. I own an XUV diesel manual and have driven the TATA twins enough to present these observations. I will use Harrier name for both the TATA twins.

1) Clutch travel: longish on both. But XUV's long travel troubles are much less than Harrier. More on that later.
2) Clutch Hardness: The XUV clutch is light by diesel standards. Harrier's is a little bit harder,but still ok in my opinion.
3) Bite point: just near the floor in the XUV and a little bit higher in the Harrier. A little better control in XUV
4) Smoothness: The clutch action is smooth on both, unlike some cars where the clutch action is jerky.
5) Dead Pedal: Very important; nonexistent on Harrier; wide and well placed on XUV. Moreover, drivers knees keep hitting the dashboard lower part due to the odd design. That, combined with long clutch travel, makes finding a good driving position very difficult in the Harrier.
6) Gear shifter: XUV's gearshifts slot perfectly and are very light, except from first to second sometimes when one raises rpm a little high in first gear. Harrier's gearshifts are rubbery and require a bit more effort.
7) Reliability: Most important, the Harrier's clutch is very susceptible to burning at the slightest slip. Many owners have complained about this, while there are few such reports of clutch burns in XUVs. This point is enough to reject a manual Harrier or any car with a Fiat 2.0MJD engine with a manual shift.
8) The Harrier stalls each time you try to pass a speed breaker in 2nd gear; this can be really annoying in the city. XUV can effortlessly do this.

Overall, if you are interested in buying a diesel manual car, the manual gearbox on the XUV is better than the Harrier.
sbm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 09:40   #9072
BHPian

After upgrading to the newest software, I found that the DVR was not functioning as normal. I wanted to check on one of the recordings of a short drive that I had just finished and when I went to play it, it showed a black screen. Nothing was recorded. After restarting the car, that particular clip disappeared. Since then it seems to be working fine.

You may want to check if the video recording function is working after upgrading to the lastest version.

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 14:22   #9073
BHPian

I find it irritating that maps application is not loaded automatically like music app. Wrote to MCC about it. Got a call from dealer asking me to come for an update. Went on Sunday 24//09 to get the software updated to 10.27.XX. Update took an hour or so and parked at home for the rest of the day.
Monday took out the car for drop to nearest metro station in the morning and everything normal. After a couple of hours went out to friend's house since we planned to go somewhere from there. Car did not start when we started off.
Tried atleast ten times but found everytime the engine cranks with the whole car vibrating but ultimately shuts down after a couple of seconds. There was some message flash about driver door opening and closing & something about EPB.Could not read the message fully since it came and went in a flash and came only once or so.
Tried to open the bonnet to see if anything got loose. On applying force to open the bonnet fully car started rolling back. Fortunately I was able to stop it by pulling back since there was no gradient. Apparently the Electronic Parking Brake has stopped working.
Left it at that and tried calling dealer. All the numbers that I tried were not answered. Apparently they were busy doing Ganesha Pooja and stopped the service for the day. They advised me to call RSA. Tried calling RSA there was some message about registering through web service.
Mean while I thought I will try once again and the car started on first press !!!! Tried two three times but everytime it started flawlessly. One thing that I noticed then was that EPB light was not glowing. Usually after a start the light is RED and by pressing the button down the RED will vanish and it glows white/greenish & the parking brake gets released. Don't know when this change in behaviour happened and is it because of latest update or some hardware failure.
Today I took it to service center and asked them to check the diagnostics. Found a network communication failure issue that is current and active. I was advised to leave it for further checks.
Will update again after resolution.
lark63 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 20:20   #9074
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
I find it irritating that maps application is not loaded automatically like music app. Wrote to MCC about it. Got a call from dealer asking me to come for an update. Went on Sunday 24//09 to get the software updated to 10.27.XX. Update took an hour or so and parked at home for the rest of the day.
Monday took out the car for drop to nearest metro station in the morning and everything normal. After a couple of hours went out to friend's house since we planned to go somewhere from there. Car did not start when we started off.
Tried atleast ten times but found everytime the engine cranks with the whole car vibrating but ultimately shuts down after a couple of seconds. There was some message flash about driver door opening and closing & something about EPB.Could not read the message fully since it came and went in a flash and came only once or so.

Today I took it to service center and asked them to check the diagnostics. Found a network communication failure issue that is current and active. I was advised to leave it for further checks.
Will update again after resolution.
A similar thing happened to my AX5 DMT once. I was returning from the office and stopped to get vegetables. After that, when I cranked the car, it kept on rotating, but the engine didn't start even after trying 3–4 times. I left it as is for 5 minutes; after that, it started normally. This was before the latest software update, and unlike your case, there were no warning signs on the cluster. This never happened again, but I sometimes notice that the throttle response becomes a little jerky and gets normalized after some time automatically. I believe this is something software-related that they haven't rectified even in the new update.
And that network communication failure error you mentioned—I don't remember the exact name—is always there in diagnostics whenever they plug in the computer, which the service guys say is normal.

Last edited by sbm : 27th September 2023 at 20:22.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 20:37   #9075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
A similar thing happened to my AX5 DMT once. I was returning from the office and stopped to get vegetables. After that, when I cranked the car, it kept on rotating, but the engine didn't start even after trying 3–4 times. I left it as is for 5 minutes; after that, it started normally. This was before the latest software update, and unlike your case, there were no warning signs on the cluster. This never happened again, but I sometimes notice that the throttle response becomes a little jerky and gets normalized after some time automatically. I believe this is something software-related that they haven't rectified even in the new update.
And that network communication failure error you mentioned—I don't remember the exact name—is always there in diagnostics whenever they plug in the computer, which the service guys say is normal.
Good to know this. When we have a power cut we check whether neighbors have it too. Same funda here.
Update on the problem.
Service tech says there is a coupler loose and hence the problem occured. They have pushed it in properly and it is OK now. Well that is their version. I don't believe it at all.
I asked him what I should do in future if it repeats. He opened the boot and took out the spanner from tool kit and said using that I should disconnect the battery negative lead and reconnect after 5 minutes.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th September 2023 at 17:37. Reason: Extra smiley deleted

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks