Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 00:22   #4651
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad47 View Post
I have reached the last step of booking XUV 700 a couple of times and always get stuck at making a decision between AX7L petrol or AX7L AWD diesel . But AWD will be added advantage for me since I do a lot of Ghat driving (Goa-Pune)
Does AWD make a big difference in daily driving on normal roads ? Does the XUV 700 have full time AWD or on demand ?

Is it worth spending the extra 1.5-2 lacs for the AWD variant >?
Old 14th February 2022, 01:23   #4652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
After 5 months of "Waiting for Godot", the car is finally at the dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
But meanwhile, here is what you can see - The Red Sabertooth: XUV7OO AX7 L AWD (AT Diesel is default, so not mentioning!)
Congratulations buddies wadewilson and abirnale on finally taking possession of your respective beauties! 😎
Haven't been active on the forum since the last few weeks, first owing to Covid and then some intermittent work travel. Logged in today after a bit and was super happy to see both of you having taken delivery already. Having interacted with both of you, I totally know how deeply frustrating it was when the delivery dates were being pushed ahead endlessly. Both your respective beauties look wonderful to say the least. Wishing you both a zillion happy miles ahead and a warm (official) welcome to the XUV 700 Gang! ❤️
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 06:18   #4653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Yep his is very very subjective. End of the day, if you have budget, go for it. You can retrofit these things.

See the below - just a small clip. You accelerate the car, it detects the slip in the first moment itself or to avoid torque steer, and AWD kicks in.

Name:  D967537AADEB4ED0B624AD418A5E33A4.gif
Views: 1118
Size:  440.8 KB
abirnale is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 08:40   #4654
BHPian

Quote:
Does AWD make a big difference in daily driving on normal roads ? Does the XUV 700 have full time AWD or on demand ?

XUV 700 by default is on demand AWD with an overide button on your dash which puts it into all time AWD. And per my sales rep the AWD gets disabled at speeds over 80kmph, somebody with an AWD manual should be able to confirm on it.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 10:34   #4655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
XUV 700 by default is on demand AWD with an overide button on your dash which puts it into all time AWD. And per my sales rep the AWD gets disabled at speeds over 80kmph, somebody with an AWD manual should be able to confirm on it.
I am looking to buy the Diesel AT AWD version.

As per my sales guy, the car is usually in front WD and AWD has to be activated by a button. He also didn't mention about the speed.

Why should the system get deactivated above a certain speed ? makes no sense.

Why is everything so confusing ? Mahindra really must address this. They expect us to spend approx 1.5 lacs more on a system we don't even have full information on.
Old 14th February 2022, 11:02   #4656
BHPian

Quote:

As per my sales guy, the car is usually in front WD and AWD has to be activated by a button. He also didn't mention about the speed.

Why is everything so confusing ? Mahindra really must address this. They expect us to spend approx 1.5 lacs more on a system we don't even have full information on.

As per my research about XUV 700, it comes with AWD in Diesel Automatic only. The AWD kick-in automatically when the vehicle feels difference in the rotation of the wheels. There is also a manual button provided, if you want to manually engage the AWD. For eg. you see a steep road with boulders or a slippery road with slush, then you can activate the AWD manually by pushing the button. In general driving on straight roads, the vehicle runs in 2WD mode only. If it detects the need to activate 4WD, it does it automatically.

If you activate it manually, it gets deactivated above 80kmph. This is because it is not needed to stay activated at that speed as it will impact fuel efficiency. But it will activate automatically, if and when it is needed.

I have also booked the AWD variant and reason is that this will help in ensuring the vehicle is stable during turning at high speeds. Safety if primary !!!
nirleo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 11:16   #4657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamshukoor View Post
For the mats I came across this brand called CTrack Nxt through an accessory guy.

Hi, can I get more info on these mats? wanted to check for the availability in bangalore.[/quote]

You can visit https://ctracknxt.in and get the contact details. I ordered it through an accessory guy in Mumbai.
Old 14th February 2022, 11:16   #4658
BHPian

Quote:

Your sales rep is wrong - AWD system on XUV 500/700 does not require the user to explicitly switch it on.

The system is pretty simple and straightforward and same as what was in 500.
AWD button off = AWD on demand.
AWD button on = AWD always on.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 11:47   #4659
BHPian

Quote:

Well! Let me answer this as I have owned both variants of XUV5OO. No it doesn't in most of the road conditions including mountains. What it actually gives you is that additional stamina boost in tricky situation, and these will come in long intervals ( for me, its pure placebo).

Having said that, I am going to exchange my W10 AWD, for a A7L AWD. Just for conserving that 0.5 L of sweat/year Or that additional confidence/peace of mind.

Quote:

AWD is automatic in most of the situation, but in places where you are sure that there's no way but to engage AWD, there you engage AWD constantly with the button.

Now, in normal situation where you are confidently doing nearby triple digit numbers do you actually need AWD, thereby reducing the quintessential "Average" , and also putting the differential at risk?

By the way, don't forget, for that additional peace of mind you need to change the OE tyres.
me_sid is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 12:59   #4660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
don't forget, for that additional peace of mind you need to change the OE tyres.
Thanks for the note. What is the recommended tyres as replacement to XUV700 AWD? Is anyone here considering changing this as soon as you get delivery?

From earlier discussions , it seemed like the Apollo's/MRF are good enough for the demands. If not, I would seriously consider changing immediately after taking delivery and get good exchange price for the stock tires.

Meanwhile, Finally I hear that my AWD is on it's way to the dealership and I should be seeing it soon! Will keep you updated with progress.
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 13:42   #4661
BHPian

Sharing the user manual section related to AWD.

Under AWD lock mode, there is a speed limit of 80KM/hr. This is mainly to prevent the damage of the AWD system if all 4 wheels are engaged permanently in high speed. Even for 4X4 system there is speed limit for 4 High. If AWD lock mode is engaged, the torque distribution is fixed. Let's say for 50:50 ratio of torque distribution, all the wheels will get same power - however the same traction is in reality not possible and it can damage the AWD system.
AWD lock is mainly for slow speed condition where the traction change is very dynamic and the AWD system can not change so fast (example - muddy surface, snow etc.). Other than the AUTO mode will be useful.

I have driven both AWD and FWD vehicles. AWD system definitely helps in certain conditions, but under normal driving condition FWD is sufficient. More to AWD system, there are other factors which helps like the tyre type, driving skills etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700_awd.jpg  

MobilisAdvento is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 16:22   #4662
BHPian

Hello everyone, just a query, what is vanity mirror illumination? Is it the light strip around the sunroof controls?
Old 14th February 2022, 16:37   #4663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Hello everyone, just a query, what is vanity mirror illumination? Is it the light strip around the sunroof controls?
No. It is a small light for the vanity mirror present on the sunvisor. As per some review videos it is only present on the AT variants of XUV700.

AT owners, feel free to confirm the same

This pic below is not XUV700 but just for reference.

Name:  vmi.png
Views: 1107
Size:  312.4 KB
UltraViolence is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 16:39   #4664
BHPian

Quote:
It is the illumination provided for the passenger and driver (if available) vanity mirrors. Right beside the mirrors. In the visors for protecting against sun blindness.
Old 14th February 2022, 16:39   #4665
BHPian

Quote:
It's the light above the sunvisor. The light gets on opening the mirror. Not sure how useful is this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks