Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2021, 15:29   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Can't seem to find it on this page. Guess it's deleted. Do you happen to remember the price for AX7 Petrol AT ?

Many thanks and God bless
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Are you facing any difficulty while uploading? If so you can reach out to our friendly Mods to help you. Meanwhile you can also type in atleast a glimpse of details you have found in that page. Fellow bhpians can go over it.
The list is available here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSosk6ShIMm/

It's the same one that was published by rushlane a couple of weeks ago:
https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12409980.html

Note that these are speculative prices, and not endorsed by M&M.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 6th September 2021 at 15:46.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 15:31   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Are you facing any difficulty while uploading? If so you can reach out to our friendly Mods to help you. Meanwhile you can also type in atleast a glimpse of details you have found in that page. Fellow bhpians can go over it.

Seems like he have screenshots with him but unable to upload them.
Those are speculative prices. They are part of the same post (scroll to the right).

Copy pasting some of it(transforming into text) here for reference (I believe they are as speculative as it can get)

"29 total variants with Diesel & Petrol power trains
All Petrol variants are 200 PS, 380 NM
MX Diesel variants are 155 PS, 260 NM
AX MT Diesel variants are 185 PS, 420 NM
AX AT Diesel variants are 185 PS, 450 NM

MX Gasoline MT 5-S 12Lacs
MX Gasoline MT 7-S 12.7Lacs
MX Diesel MT 5-S 12.5Lacs
MX Diesel MT 7-s 13.2Lacs"
Old 6th September 2021, 15:46   #633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
One of the things I like to use my new SUV is to carry my bicycles, via a cycle carrier mounted to the tailgate..I do this now on my Linea TJet. THe weight of the entire load (Carrier and the cycles) usually in on the metal sheet of the tail gate. Will I be able to do the same using XUV with a plastic tailgate?

I see many vehicles with such carriers in Bangalore all the time. We recently did a monsoon bike ride near Ujire/Dharmasthala and my friend's XUV500 was used in a similar fashion, carrying 2-3 MTB bikes without any issues.
You can attach a bicycle carrier but the Cops will find a way to stop you. As per news articles the local RTO needs to endorse it on paper to avoid getting a fine as well as the bicycle should not protrude on either side beyond the width of the vehicle.

Carrying it on the roof is better but of course you need to be mindful of the height as well as lifting it up over the roof to secure it.

If there are only two people in the vehicle. you may as well carry the bicycle in the cabin, just make sure the wheels are clean , that will take care of it.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 16:14   #634
BHPian

Quote:

Seems like he have screenshots with him but unable to upload them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
The list is available here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSosk6ShIMm/

It's the same one that was published by rushlane a couple of weeks ago:
https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12409980.html

Note that these are speculative prices, and not endorsed by M&M.

This is the Link actually. Even came across this Yesterday night.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTcYUghh..._web_copy_link
Old 6th September 2021, 16:38   #635
BHPian

Claimed as All wheel drive variant being tested at Ladakh.

Source:https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-xuv7...ead-of-launch/

Mahindra XUV700 Review-mahindraxuv700awdfeatured.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-mahindraxuv700awd1.jpg
r-a-s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 17:34   #636
BHPian

The Mahindra XUV700 will definitely be a game changer considering it's size, features, space, tech, powertrains and price.

But there are catches though. Mahindra has been facing semi conductor shortage since months and many of their Thars are having huge waiting period (though some have got them quickly). Also Mahindra has recently shut down their plant for 7 days because of the problem. So customers will have to wait for a long period of time to buy the XUV700.

Also the XUV700 is a freshly baked Mahindra and it has too many features (including ADAS) meaning too many electronics and complex parts. So it might have niggles in the initial period just like other Mahindras and Tatas. Majority of the people in India still refrain buying a freshly baked Mahindra and will buy them only after 6 months or a year.

But unlike Tata, Mahindra does solve the niggles of their newer cars within a year just like how they did with their Scorpio, XUV500 and recently with the Thar. Whereas Tata still cannot improve the reliability of their Harrier as their V2 Harrier too is plagued with many niggles.

Now those who don't want huge waiting don't have any other options left. Even the Koreans have high waiting period in many areas. So they would end up buying the Kushaq or Taigun or MG Astor or maybe the Nissan Kicks. So initially for 6 months, I don't think the Kushaq and the Taigun will be affected by the XUV700. Once Mahindra gets rid of its semiconductor issue, then the VAG twins will be affected the most.
IREV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 19:02   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
Screenshots from same link
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screen-shot-20210906-6.59.09-pm.png  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screen-shot-20210906-6.59.25-pm.png  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screen-shot-20210906-6.59.16-pm.png  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screen-shot-20210906-6.58.59-pm.png  

rpmmachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 19:16   #638
BHPian

Looks like XUV 7oo has started arriving at Showrooms -

Manojah is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 19:29   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Screenshots from same link
This is definitely fake. I don’t think Mahindra would want to have paid promotions and consultancy services through an insta profile
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-05a41d1456eb4e46bfd7b90fd41ed0a6.jpeg  

febin8055 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 20:57   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Those are speculative prices. They are part of the same post (scroll to the right).

Copy pasting some of it(transforming into text) here for reference (I believe they are as speculative as it can get)
Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
I believe to even call them speculative would be overextending it. The list in the link states that AX7 would be offered in 5 seater and 7 seater whereas a lot of sources indicate otherwise, that is, AX7 would be offered only in a 7 seater configuration. Similarly, it fails to state the AX7 prices for MT, simply stating that AX7 would be offered in Automatic only which again has been debunked by a ton of videos on YouTube reviewing the AX7 Diesel manual variant. It's better to just wait for the official information rather than the "speculative" one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Looks like XUV 7oo has started arriving at Showrooms -

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=8Pll...NarenAutoVlogs
I believe it's from the Freedom drive only. The area is of a Chennai Mahindra dealership. A lot of recent reviews by Tamil Youtubers have been from this dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREV View Post
Now those who don't want huge waiting don't have any other options left. Even the Koreans have high waiting period in many areas. So they would end up buying the Kushaq or Taigun or MG Astor or maybe the Nissan Kicks. So initially for 6 months, I don't think the Kushaq and the Taigun will be affected by the XUV700. Once Mahindra gets rid of its semiconductor issue, then the VAG twins will be affected the most.
As my dad and I, both are car enthusiasts, we have had the privilege of owning various cars from multiple brands and this is how the buying process usually goes.

We go to the dealer. The dealer lays out all the best and in-his-favour vehilce information on the table and pursues us to book the vehicle as soon as possible. Then the usual pleasantries are offered followed by a TD and then a final verdict by us after few minutes. If we like the vehicle, the booking is done followed by a strict adherence to the delivery commitment by the dealer(Believe me, we have changed vehicles because the dealer was delaying the delivery and I'm looking at you Hyundai) and I'm sure this is how the process goes for a lot of members as well.

Now coming to the main topic, people have been waiting to buy this car since the first testing pictures were posted back in 2019. And on top of it, I came across this video shared by one our esteemed members:

These people haven't been formally invited as far as I know. They've gathered here to have a look at the car even if it's for 5 minutes. To be honest, I've been invited by dealers to a few launches and it usually has a very corporate event tone with greetings and food and then you have a lot of time to look at the vehicle. A sales rep is usually with you, telling you about the specifics.

This is something new to me that people flock to a dealership like a celebrity is visiting. Hats off to the Mahindra Marketing team on creating such a buzz and to the engineering, design and development team for creating this product. There would be a section of people who would be buying it because of the 11.99 tag and some would be avoiding due to long waiting period but that portion is very small. So in any case, I see it as a win for Mahindra. For those of us who play the stock market, hold on to those shares guys.

Last edited by Moto_Bear : 6th September 2021 at 21:04. Reason: Typographical error
Moto_Bear is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 14:51   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

Some points detailed in this Video demo. In Tamil Of course , some points noted.
  • Air dam in the bumper flowing over the front wheels.
  • 3 LED lamps including booster lamp that activates over 80kmph.
  • Grill matching aerodynamic flow lines.
  • 11 hours recording available in Dash cam, multiple cameras.
  • Has option to save 3 minutes clip separately on SD card demand for evidence during any events. (from earlier demos we know that it automatically saves clips during emergency braking or other events)
  • Air purifier with Violet Rays-LED, ionized air in response to Covid - first in the industry.
  • Warning sounds are modelled after frequencies used in luxury cars to avoid irritating the driver.
  • Radar components made by Mando. (related press release from Mando - https://www.prnewswire.com/in/news-r...815645000.html)
  • Stories of inspiration behind going this much further from the previous XUV, how they bought a few luxury cars and studied them, how they added slots for two phones in the center console etc.

Kosfactor is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 16:35   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
One of the things I like to use my new SUV is to carry my bicycles, via a cycle carrier mounted to the tailgate..I do this now on my Linea TJet. THe weight of the entire load (Carrier and the cycles) usually in on the metal sheet of the tail gate. Will I be able to do the same using XUV with a plastic tailgate?

I see many vehicles with such carriers in Bangalore all the time. We recently did a monsoon bike ride near Ujire/Dharmasthala and my friend's XUV500 was used in a similar fashion, carrying 2-3 MTB bikes without any issues.

Its not road legal to carry the bicycle using a holder at the back. You can carry it on the top. Its illegal and also pose dangers to the motorists at the back especially in the nights. So please stop if you are using it and also share it with folks you know.
saisree is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 17:06   #643
BHPian

So I stumbled upon this recently uploaded video on YouTube. Few points noticed:
  1. The Central Control Knob as well as surrounding buttons are well illuminated and look really great in my opinion.
  2. The cupholders, as some of us were guessing, do not seem to have ambient lighting as the ambient lighting on the roof is on.
  3. The front grille looks good to me with the c-shaped drls or maybe they've grown on me.
  4. One very neat and practical thing that I found was the charging point in the front console is Illuminated, which is a small yet very thoughtful touch as finding that port is difficult at night.

Attaching screenshots as well as the Video link for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20210907165237_youtube.jpg  

Moto_Bear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 20:49   #644
BHPian

Mahindra is conducting a marketing rally for the XUV700. Quoting the article from The Hindu.
Quote:
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. on Sunday flagged off ‘Mahindra XUV700 - Freedom Drive’ with a convoy of 30 cars to create awareness about its forthcoming Sport Utility Vehicle XUV700.

The Mahindra XUV700 Freedom Drive was flagged off by the company’s regional head V. Hari in the presence of MM Motors MD Pankaj Kankaria and regional customer care manager Sonam Khanna, along with senior members.

Due to the overwhelming positive response from the customers, the company organised a convoy of 30 cars from Chennai that will travel across Vellore, Salem and Coimbatore, Mr. Hari told The Hindu.
I'd love to know when the convoy will pass Vellore so that I can have a look and probably post photos on TeamBHP!
aravindb_0711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 22:02   #645

M&M representative called up today upon my online enquiry done a couple of weeks back. As I was interested in automatic transmission, he replied AT will be available from base gasoline (MX) in both 5 & 7 seaters whereas it will be available from only AX5 in diesel models (He was pretty confident on my same repeated query on AT availability).

According to him booking will start in another 2 weeks from today and delivery will start from festive season and he has no idea when it starts. I am assuming 2nd week of October (Durga Puja/Navratri/Dusshera).

Love & Light
Sanjay
Car Stalker is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks