Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2024, 23:54   #9991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varma View Post
Are there any rat issues in the placces you usually park? Please check if any cables are chewed by rats. Had a same issue with my previous car XUV 5OO where rats had a gala time and I was welcomed by Diwali in the instrument cluster. Took two days for the service centre to completely check and rectify the issue.
I park in my house compound (open shaded area)
Hence possibility of rat bite is low. Moreover it has been the same spot since 25 months.

I hope it's not rats

They took (drove) the car to showroom today around 3PM. I hope its just a software glitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Dear Mohit,
I own an AWD AX7L. I faced a similar issue when all the alerts popped up on the screen when I was reversing into a parking spot in a mall and the steering became quite heavy.

Do keep the status updated here so I can also get some more info as to why this happened.
Thanks.
Drive safe.
Thanks for the reply.

It might be coincidence but I was reversing the car in the morning when this happened. Car was perfectly fine till yesterday night.

The person who came to take the car had a small pocket sized scanner with him connected to his mobile. It detected some fault but I don't know about it. He also said it could just be a battery issue. Though I find it hard to believe regarding battery because it has been just 2 yrs and car otherwise worked fine. I'll surely keep posting whatever comes out. I just hope it gets rectified easily and quickly.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd April 2024 at 15:18. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 21st April 2024, 16:39   #9992

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Sometime back, I had asked for some suggestions to dog proof my car. I got some great suggestions, but mostly for the second row. Unfortunately, I have to use both the rows for humans, and the dog has to go at the back (also a reason for upgrading my sedan to SUV).

I went and purchased this Oasser cargo liner - fits in snugly and seems fairly high quality. It's been only a week, hopefully it stays intact for a few years. A little on the expensive side (7.5K).
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0469.jpg  

hamster_huey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 12:11   #9993

Hi guys

Booked an AX5 Diesel AT 5 STR in Everest White shade from Sireesh Auto in Bangalore. Booking amount was transferred on 18th April, PDI done on 21st April (kudos to this amazing community for the detailed PDI checklist! ), and the delivery is scheduled for the 25th of April.

Planning to go for the following accessories from the dealer:

1. Mud Flaps (INR 750)
2. LED Scuff Plates (INR 5250)
3. Screen Protector (INR 750)

I am unsure of whether to go for the 3D/7D Mats (steeply priced at INR 5900/10500 respectively), but the dealer insists that 'the car comes with no floor mats at all, so better to take one of the options'.

My question is, does the XUV 700 really not come with any kind of floor mats by default?

Any guidance here is much appreciated!
Old 22nd April 2024, 15:26   #9994

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to get an XUV 700 AX7 P AT 7 Str. Had a few questions where i needed some help:

1) Was confused between picking a Diesel version or Petrol? Lot of threads here suggested to pick one based on usage. My usage is going to be less than 1k kms/month. So choosing petrol. Hope this is the right choice. Would have ideally preferred an AX5 7 str but XUV doesnt have one in the petrol version.

2) Confused on the color of the car. Though this might seem to be a naive question but people at home not in favor of dark colors, so have to choose between white or silver. I have seen older XUV 500 white color or other cars in white color, fading to yellowish white in a few years (<5 yrs). So wanted to understand if white would be a good choice or not esp for xuv 700

3) On Accessories, planning to get the
a) Side Step
b) Scuff plates
c) Rear scuff plate
from the dealer while getting rain visors, side guards, rear guard as aftermarket items. Any good suggestions for aftermarket shops in Bangalore for the same

4) Last and the big one - I am from Bangalore but want to get a BH registration plate. So am planning to get my car booked either in Mumbai or Delhi and drive down from there. Thus not sure on how i can get my PDI done or which would be good dealers in these cities. Secondly, has anyone done the Delhi-bangalore drive down recently. Would be great if you could help with the route plan

Thanks once again and look forward to your help here
Old 22nd April 2024, 16:57   #9995

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_killer View Post
Hi guys

My question is, does the XUV 700 really not come with any kind of floor mats by default?

It did not come with floor mats for me. I got GFX 3D floor mats and trunk mats from outside, zapcart. Good quality ones. If I'm not wrong, this cost me somewhere in the range of 5200 odd. It took 20 days for the order to reach me, so I'd suggest if you are going to order one, you should order one much before the delivery of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0472.jpg  

hamster_huey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 18:01   #9996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_killer View Post

2. LED Scuff Plates (INR 5250)

I am unsure of whether to go for the 3D/7D Mats (steeply priced at INR 5900/10500 respectively), but the dealer insists that 'the car comes with no floor mats at all, so better to take one of the options'.

• XUV700 does not come with any mats from factory, the 3D ones provided by Mahindra are of good quality, are comparable to hamster_huey's GFX post quoted below. We got those fitted as 7D ones which I had ordered from Amazon weren't delivered on delivery date. Don't go for generic 7d ones on Amazon, they are just average, instead Pharoah / Kagu 3D ones are good is what I have read.
  • LED Scuff Plates - we got these but somehow don't feel very attractive, go for shiny metal design ones, they are more cost efficient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VG021 View Post
Hi Everyone,

1) Was confused between picking a Diesel version or Petrol? Lot of threads here suggested to pick one based on usage. My usage is going to be less than 1k kms/month.

2) Confused on the color of the car. Though this might seem to be a naive question but people at home not in favor of dark colors, so have to choose between white or silver.

3) On Accessories, planning to get the
a) Side Step
b) Scuff plates
c) Rear scuff plate
from the dealer while getting rain visors, side guards, rear guard as aftermarket items.

• Petrol vs Deisel more discussion here (Mahindra XUV700 Review). Petrol seems like a good choice given the running.
  • White looks very big on the outside and dust is easily visible like on dark colors, the silver has a dazzle to it hence then name Dazzling silver, also it gels well with the front grill silver inserts. But silver may look plain few years down the line, for reference check out how old silver honda city 4th gen looks. Assuming you'll be driving it 90% go with the one which your heart yearns, family will get used to any color Ours is silver !
  • Rear guard - hope this is not the big rear mudgard protector and just the black cladding. If its the big mud guard one, it might affect the safety in case of a rear collision. If you really want one, go for Mahindra original, so there're no issues in case of future claims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster_huey View Post
It did not come with floor mats for me. I got GFX 3D floor mats and trunk mats from outside, zapcart.
One more accessory (Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?) which I found very useful.

Last edited by sapien : 22nd April 2024 at 18:08.
sapien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 19:53   #9997
BHPian

Quote:
has anyone done the Delhi-bangalore drive down recently. Would be great if you could help with the route plan
I recently drove from Bangalore to Chandigarh and will be driving back to Bangalore from Chandigarh (via Delhi) next week.

The first journey was done over four days (didn't drive more than 10-11 hours in a day as I was on a solo drive with my pet dog) but can be done in three days also if you are comfortable driving at night (I'm not).

Day 1: Bangalore to Satara
Day 2: Satara to Vadodara
Day 3: Vadodara to Jaipur
Day 4: Jaipur to Chandigarh

For the return journey, I will be going via Delhi (to savour the delicious Parathas at Murthal).

The route will be Chandigarh -> Delhi -> Kota -> Vadodara -> Bharuch -> Mumbai -> Kolhapur -> Belgaum -> Bangalore

Delhi to Bharuch is via the new expressway (NE 4), although there are some patches yet to be completed (before Vadodara). Bharuch to Kolhapur is a stressful drive because of traffic comprising mostly of trucks. Kolhapur to Bangalore is a beautiful drive (NH 48), very good highway with amazing food (in Kolhapur, Belgaum and Davanegere).

I'm also considering a different route (for the fun of exploring new places): Chandigarh -> Delhi -> Kota -> Bhopal -> Nagpur -> Hyderabad -> Bangalore.

Here, Delhi to Kota will be NE 4. From Kota till Hyderabad, I'm not sure how it is, will find out next week and share here. From Hyderabad to Bangalore, it's a smooth drive.

Since you are planning to drive down, please remember that the first service will be due at 1000 kms, so you should plan accordingly. It'll be easy to find a Service Centre on the way and get the service done (takes a couple of hours if all is good with the car). I recommend that you book an appointment upfront to avoid waiting at the SC.

Hope this helps!
shubham_2206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 10:39   #9998

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham_2206 View Post
The route will be Chandigarh -> Delhi -> Kota -> Vadodara -> Bharuch -> Mumbai -> Kolhapur -> Belgaum -> Bangalore

Delhi to Bharuch is via the new expressway (NE 4), although there are some patches yet to be completed (before Vadodara). Bharuch to Kolhapur is a stressful drive because of traffic comprising mostly of trucks. Kolhapur to Bangalore is a beautiful drive (NH 48), very good highway with amazing food (in Kolhapur, Belgaum and Davanegere).

I'm also considering a different route (for the fun of exploring new places): Chandigarh -> Delhi -> Kota -> Bhopal -> Nagpur -> Hyderabad -> Bangalore.
Oh. Thats an interesting route. I have scrolled through multiple threads here and major recommendation has been
Delhi >> Agra >> Jhansi >> Seoni >> Nagpur >> Hyd >> Bangalore

Please do let me know how the roads are in your route and the hotels where you stayed / halted. Would love to learn more on this

Quote:

Since you are planning to drive down, please remember that the first service will be due at 1000 kms, so you should plan accordingly. It'll be easy to find a Service Centre on the way and get the service done (takes a couple of hours if all is good with the car). I recommend that you book an appointment upfront to avoid waiting at the SC.

Hope this helps!
Thanks have been thinking on this and thus trying to finalise a route where this can be facilitated. However, would it be ok if i do it in Bangalore (post 2k kms). Is that advisable and is it worth the risk?

Lastly, I also wanted to check if anyone has done the Delhi - Bangalore route via Ujjain. Was hoping to visit the Ujjain Mahakaal temple enroute. Am looking to finish the Delhi - Bangalore route in 3 days ( no night driving) with 2 overnight stops. Would be great if people can help with the route suggestions and stay options. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd April 2024 at 10:50.
Old 23rd April 2024, 12:56   #9999
BHPian

Quote:
Please do let me know how the roads are in your route and the hotels where you stayed / halted. Would love to learn more on this
Definitely. Will share here once I complete this next week.

Quote:
However, would it be ok if i do it in Bangalore (post 2k kms). Is that advisable and is it worth the risk?
Personally, I will not take this risk on a long road trip in a brand new car. If you go via NH 44 entirely, you will hit the 1000 km mark near Nagpur, so you can get the service done there.
Old 23rd April 2024, 15:20   #10000
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks have been thinking on this and thus trying to finalise a route where this can be facilitated. However, would it be ok if i do it in Bangalore (post 2k kms). Is that advisable and is it worth the risk?
Recently did the 1st service, it covers following :
  • Exterior, Interior cleaning of your car.
  • Any issues that you're facing, e.g. I reported infotainment hanging issue, they rebooted the entire system and reinstalled same software version. This took significant amount of time ~4 hours.
  • Basic checkup - note there's no liquid top up / oil change involved.
Mahindra wants customer to do the service booking via App, but since no slots were showing, had to go via service personnel. They got a slot which was 20 days later and hence we ended up getting the service done @ 14XX kms. While booking they happened to mention, its okay if service done beyond 1000 kms. If you connect with your Bangalore service center and get this confirmation, it should be fine. Also, since this is likely to be your first drive, you may want to consider engine breaking in procedures - driving at varying speeds, not driving at very high speeds or constant speeds, at least for 1st 500 kms.

Last edited by sapien : 23rd April 2024 at 15:24.
Old 23rd April 2024, 16:05   #10001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

1) Was confused between picking a Diesel version or Petrol? Lot of threads here suggested to pick one based on usage. My usage is going to be less than 1k kms/month. So choosing petrol. Hope this is the right choice. Would have ideally preferred an AX5 7 str but XUV doesnt have one in the petrol version.
I would recommend the diesel. It will provide you 10% more torque, and a better range. Petrol XUV will cost you Rs. 10/KM while with diesel it is Rs 7/km. So a return of 3*1000*12 - maintenance ~= 30,000 Rs is well justified for an addition 1.5L investment. Petrol makes sense only in the MX variant where the diesel is detuned.

Quote:
4) Last and the big one - I am from Bangalore but want to get a BH registration plate. So am planning to get my car booked either in Mumbai or Delhi and drive down from there. Thus not sure on how i can get my PDI done or which would be good dealers in these cities. Secondly, has anyone done the Delhi-bangalore drive down recently. Would be great if you could help with the route plan

Maharashtra is not allowing BH series any more. There are lots of additional illegal requirements that have been imposed. Unless you wait for the highcourt to reverse these policies, you might want to get it from Delhi.
Old 23rd April 2024, 16:26   #10002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chandigarh - Delhi - Agra - Gwalior - Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore would be more straight forward I think with lots of big cities on the route and thus plenty of stay options too.

Bangalore to Nagpur on day one.
Nagpur to Agra on day two.
Agra to Chandigarh on day three.
You can further break it down to a more relaxed four day journey.

Quote:
However, would it be ok if i do it in Bangalore (post 2k kms). Is that advisable and is it worth the risk?
It would not be right to extend your first servicing to 2K KM. M&M will not object to this now, but in the future they will certainly use this to reject your warranty claims.

It is strictly advised to stick to your service schedule.
Old 23rd April 2024, 16:58   #10003

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Also, since this is likely to be your first drive, you may want to consider engine breaking in procedures - driving at varying speeds, not driving at very high speeds or constant speeds, at least for 1st 500 kms.
Thanks Sapien. I've been thinking about this and wasn't sure how to go about it. What would be the best or preferred breaking in procedure. Should i keep the speed at below 80kmph for the first 500-800km. Would be good to understand and learn about this better
Old 23rd April 2024, 20:36   #10004
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sapien. I've been thinking about this and wasn't sure how to go about it. What would be the best or preferred breaking in procedure. Should i keep the speed at below 80kmph for the first 500-800km. Would be good to understand and learn about this better
Here’s what I found in the manual,Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_1711.png

Not sure what they mean by driving smoothly, from what I have read during running in the RPMs should be maintained at a normal level, probably around 2000. You can vary speeds in steps like 60/80/100 with gentle acceleration deceleration. Avoid rapid braking and sharp direction changes till the tyres and brakes settle. Avoid parking in Sun for long time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks