Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2021, 11:28   #76
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Congrats. But this manual-service booklet is one book right? Because I noticed the pdf on the site is much more detailed than the manual-service book provided.
I believe so. I did go through both the PDF and the printed manual, and they both seem to carry similar information.

However, I just realized that their manuals do not talk about Bluelink and some of its good features such as Valet Mode, Geofencing, etc.
Wageabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 10:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

Over 10 percent Hyundai i20 buyers opt for N Line version. One in every ten i20 buyers are for the N Line.

Quote:
Hyundai sold a total of 9,567 units of the i20 in September and October 2021, which would bring the N Line sales to around a thousand units in the two-month period.
Quote:
The i20 has seen demand for top variants go up from 18 percent in 2019 to 36 percent this year. The N Line too is based on high-end variants of the standard hatch.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 15th November 2021 at 10:30.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 09:22   #78
Senior - BHPian

Actually Hyundai dealers are pushing for N Line. 2 dealers that I visited have ready stock of N Line with immediate delivery. Also from what the dealer told me, regular i20 turbo IMT is stopped for the time being and those vehicles are getting converted as N Line (though I wouldn’t buy that claim fully)
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 23:25   #79

This three-part review of i20 N Line is quite informative .

Have had the car for over a month in the family and I tend to agree with much of what has been said here.

Never owned a Hyundai earlier and do not know how long the "crisp" behaviour will last or the DCT will feel as good as it does right now , but for now.... it feels great !
Ajay Sengupta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:46   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay Sengupta View Post
Have had the car for over a month in the family and I tend to agree with much of what has been said here.

Never owned a Hyundai earlier and do not know how long the "crisp" behaviour will last or the DCT will feel as good as it does right now , but for now.... it feels great !
I totally agree with you; I am enjoying mine. The steering response is spot on - and this comes from an ex-T-jet owner.

I did notice my left rear disc makes a slight noise when starting in the morning ; others are fine. Need to get it checked out. Also, can someone tell me how to use valet mode in the Bluelink software.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 20:53   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
I totally agree with you; I am enjoying mine. The steering response is spot on - and this comes from an ex-T-jet owner.

I did notice my left rear disc makes a slight noise when starting in the morning ; others are fine. Need to get it checked out. Also, can someone tell me how to use valet mode in the Bluelink software.
What is Valet Alert
You have the option to create a Valet alert service. Once enabled you will get a notification on your mobile phone every time your car is:
a) kept on idle for a long period
b) is driven at high speeds
c) is taken for a long drive

How to enable it
1) Download Hyundai Bluelink App and register the car for the first time (This is usually done by the showroom at the time of car delivery)

2) Open the app and go to the "Home" tab (this is the default view)

3) Scroll down to "Alert Services" tab and open it

4) There are four options:
a) Valet Alert (to be used if you are handing the car over to a valet)
b) Geofence Alert (to be used when you park the car somewhere... you will get notified every time the car breaches the geofence limit to guard against theft)
c) Speed Alert (to be used if you have given the car to someone else to drive and you want to check if the person is over-speeding)
d) Time Fencing Alert (you can create a specific time in the day or on designated days and see if the car is used during that time... eg: You can create a time fence alert for everyday between 8 am and 8 pm and you will get a notification if the car is used within that time)
e) Idle Alert: (you get a notification if the car is idling. You can set the time limit in minutes)

5) Enable Valet Alert and you will get four options:
a) Set a driving boundary for a valet (min value is 100 m and max is 5 km)
b) Speed (min value is 10 kmph and max is 200 kmph)
c) Idle time (min value is 1 min and max value is 10 min)
You can enable one or all of the options (5a-5c) depending on your requirement

Protip: Do remember to disable the valet alert system once you get the car back otherwise you will continue to get notifications every time any of the parameters gets breached

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2021 at 18:37. Reason: Formatting
Ajay Sengupta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 19:59   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai i20 N Line vs Volkswagen Polo GT TSI comparison - Link
Here's the Hyundai i20 N Line vs Volkswagen Polo GT TSI video comparison

Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 09:54   #83
Senior - BHPian

Took the N Line for two drives and I appreciate what Hyundai has done with it.

No complaints about the ride, handling and steering. Sure it's no match for the EPS unit from Fiesta, but i guess not many can in these segments. I like the balance Hyundai has achieved between ride and handling. Not overly stiff or soft, just what I wanted from a car wearing that tyre spec. The braking is fine too and top marks to Hyundai for the 4 discs.

I also quite like the all black interior, but absolutely hate the economy grade sunvisors and very poorly built door pads. Those look really lousy in that cabin, Hyundai should have gone the distance to make these hightouch points more desirable.

I love the awesome steering & switches, though not a fan of that digital cluster. And the build of the touchscreen also keeps one wanting.

However, the biggest problem is the drivetrain. I had high hopes for that turbo petrol, but it's another paper Tiger. It's reasonably fast, but got insane lag and is also not very happy at higher revvs.

I don't know why the company struggle so much with petrol units when their diesel engines are such a class apart. Took the D AT Sonet for a drive recently and I loved the engine experience in that better compared to the N Line. And the DCT is also pretty lame. Not sure I want bring an average dual clutch home - it doesn't tug my heart or the head! The 1.0 TSi 6AT beats it hollow - no context there.

Add the suspect safety ratings and I am not sold. Can't have that in a car to be driven fast in 2021. But for anyone looking to bring the i20 home, the N Line N8 is a no-brainer.
deetjohn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 11:39   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
However, the biggest problem is the drivetrain. I had high hopes for that turbo petrol, but it's another paper Tiger. It's reasonably fast, but got insane lag and is also not very happy at higher revvs.
Agree to most of the points here.
Took back to back test drive of N Line and Polo. The steering in N Line felt much better than Polo, infact it was better than my Octavia in feedback. Still no where close to Fiesta 1.6s (hydraulic) which I had earlier.

Look wise I still liked Polo as I like those simple lines. Interiors no contest here - though Polo interiors felt to have more quality but it was Spartan against N Line. I really loved the interiors of N Line - sporty and so many features. Infact the space is equivalent or more than even a segment above.

N line engine was a totally let down. Where Polo keeps pulling and pulling like a mad dog, N line engine felt restricted. Plus that DCT doesn’t feel very enthusiastic too. No where close to Polo. Even the high speed stability is better in Polo. N line felt very light and doesn’t give the confidence of Polo to push to limits.

My take would be, if you are looking for a fun to drive car alone, it is Polo. As mentioned by many, a remap will make it more faster and there are unlimited performance mods available. You can do all these with the money that you have saved against N Line.

But if the car is your only drive and you also want to be kind to your family, it’s N line. Polo is just so cramped after seeing N Line.

Last edited by sunikkat : 26th November 2021 at 11:41.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:44   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

I don't know why the company struggle so much with petrol units when their diesel engines are such a class apart. Took the D AT Sonet for a drive recently and I loved the engine experience in that better compared to the N Line. And the DCT is also pretty lame. Not sure I want bring an average dual clutch home - it doesn't tug my heart or the head! The 1.0 TSi 6AT beats it hollow - no context there.
Agree to what you mentioned there. My workaround to this is to put the car in the 'Sport' mode - and in the next few miliseconds, you can feel a sense of urgency creeping into the car. You can see the car downshifting a gear or two, revving at higher RPMs compared to the 'Drive' mode, holding on to the revs longer and then upshifting. The accelerator response also seems to get crisper although I'm not certain if this has been programmed or just my brain telling me so
Wageabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 21:22   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wageabond View Post
Agree to what you mentioned there. My workaround to this is to put the car in the 'Sport' mode - and in the next few miliseconds, you can feel a sense of urgency creeping into the car. You can see the car downshifting a gear or two, revving at higher RPMs compared to the 'Drive' mode, holding on to the revs longer and then upshifting. The accelerator response also seems to get crisper although I'm not certain if this has been programmed or just my brain telling me so
Definitely programmed. I can attest to that.

The other thing is when comparisons are made inevitable to the Polo and other cars, there is thing talked about how the Polo pulls and pulls etc. I think one drives like that only occasionally. One is not revving out the life of any car all the time. In real life, day to day driving, with occasionally enthusiast driving, the Nline wins hands down, especially when you start adding elements like how modern it is, space, features. And plus the steering feel is way better. Paddle shifters and that exhaust at stock. Just the fact that the service centers are all over the country is reason enough to buy it over the Polo. For example, we don't have any VW center here in the vicinity of 500 kms. On the other hand 3 centers for Hyundai in the same town.
johy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 09:41   #87
BHPian

I’m getting my i20 n line in 1 week. Still trying to get the titan grey colour. Second option is white.
This is my first car (I’m in my early 30s), is there something I need to keep in mind while taking delivery ? Like a PDI checklist or something specific to the i20. I’m sorry if this is not the right place to post . I’ve been hovering this forum for years imagining when my turn would come and it’s almost here ☺️
icestrok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 10:42   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestrok View Post
I’m getting my i20 n line in 1 week. Still trying to get the titan grey colour. Second option is white.
Congratulations!
I have 2 questions:
  • Are i20 N Line readily available in Bangalore?
  • Did you get any year end discounts?
One advice I have is, if they are promising free accessories like floor mat, ask them for details. They may give accessories for namesake which is of inferior quality which you won't feel like using (happened to me when I bought an i20 Elite)
Old 10th December 2021, 13:40   #89

Bought an N Line DCT Titan Grey on 12th Oct. in Delhi . Got a cash discount of 30k . Insurance was done by me . The cash discount is still being given by the same dealer and the colours right now available with him are Titan Grey and White. Do not know if this information helps you, though.
Ajay Sengupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 14:26   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Congratulations!
I have 2 questions:
  • Are i20 N Line readily available in Bangalore?
  • Did you get any year end discounts?
One advice I have is, if they are promising free accessories like floor mat, ask them for details. They may give accessories for namesake which is of inferior quality which you won't feel like using (happened to me when I bought an i20 Elite)
Thank You ! I didn’t get it from BLR, got it in my hometown in Kerala. Didn’t get much in the way of discounts truth be told, just the insurance margin was dropped. I also went away from the accessories , they knew I was a first time buyer so they tried to slip in a lot of stuff. Took some time to go through everything and reject the things I didn’t want. Had an awful time with the accessories staff who kept plugging different products, I told him I’ve arranged for ceramic and under body coating and he wouldn’t stop the call 😅. That was the only frustrating part of the process.
icestrok is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks