Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2022, 17:27   #136

Re: 2021 Maruti Celerio Review

The situation is maddening. Waiting on humble Celerio has reached 3 months. The fine art of modular car manufacturing has turned into a master-skill of jugglery.
Old 11th December 2022, 08:45   #137
BHPian

Good morning everyone,
My family is planning to buy a new car this December due to the discounts being offered.
We have planned to buy the Maruti Suzuki Celerio ZXI+ MT in White Color.
But after seeing the discounts being offered on Ignis, I am confused whether to go for the Ignis or the Celerio.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...s-month-426625
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-presso-426537
The new car will be replacing our 2006 Tata Indica GLS XETA.
I want suggestions from fellow members on this.
Whether to go for the Ignis or the Celerio.
Old 31st January 2023, 11:39   #138

We were looking for the smallest and the most spacious car and ended up finalising Celerio ZXI+ AGS. Took delivery three days ago and the car was served hot (January 2023 manufactured).

2021 Maruti Celerio Review-celeriofront.jpeg

2021 Maruti Celerio Review-celerioback.jpeg
AheadAJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 11:07   #139

Ghaziabad to Gajraula – In a Celerio (ZX+ AGS)
Went on a 95 km drive last Satruday. 65-70 kms of blissful road, much of which is elevated. We stayed at 80 for the most part, except for short bursts of 100, which was a no fuss affair. Could have gone further but did not try. Car maintained its poise and except for the road noise, no issues at all.

Returned 20+ mileage (as per MID) with AC. First servicing not yet done as the car is yet to reach the 1000 km mark.

Celerio excels in space and mileage. Gear shifts were decent and for the surge in power, it has the "manual" mode to bank upon. Overall a comfortable 200 km to and fro drive.

PS: The toll for 95 km distance stood at Rs 250
PPS: Drove at varied speed as suggested in the manual while running in

2021 Maruti Celerio Review-celerio.jpeg
Old 14th August 2023, 10:22   #140

Went on a trip to Fatehpur Sikri from Ghaziabad. Except for the road noise on the cemented tarmac, where the sound turned into a whoosh as if a plane took off, the car performed extremely well.

When you are talking about Celerio, the highlight, obviously has to be mileage. Maximum it returned was 30.2 (MID) on Yamuna Expressway at speeds between 75 and 80.

Total distance covered on a tankful was an unbelievable 675 km (trip to Sikri was 508 and rest comprised home-office runs). The actual mileage was 23.67 kmpl (24.something on MID).

2021 Maruti Celerio Review-zzz.jpeg
Old 29th August 2023, 00:59   #141
BHPian

*** Mods, please move this post to appropriate thread if you find this as not fit for the official review thread, Thanks ***

I am Harish from Trivandrum,Kerala.

Booked a black celerio zxi+ AGS almost a month ago (27 days ago to be exact)

Dealer : Southpark motors, Trivandrum

After the test drive and usual sweet talks I gave them the booking by paying INR 3000 on 2nd August 2023. Dealer was pushing for transfer of loan amount to assure early delivery. I asked for an email with a tentative date of delivery they are comfortable with (I did not push them to deliver before a certain date) so that I will have some proof of their commitment before I transfer the loan amount. Their Retail Finance Manager sent me an email the same day confirming they will deliver my car before Onam festival which was just 3 weeks of waiting period then. Sounded fair enough and I had my bank transfer the full loan amount of INR 7,37,000 on the same day - 4th August 2023.

I received a welcome mail the next day from the dealer's customer care manager where they had mentioned waiting period as 60 days. I replied asking why suddenly 60 days waiting period and instead of giving me an email reply their customer care manager called me on my mobile and assured that if the sales executive has committed so, then definitely I will get the vehicle before Onam.

Two weeks passed and they kept on reassuring me whenever I contacted them that I will get my delivery as promised before the Onam festival. Third week and they were still saying the same without giving me the VIN or even a confirmation that the vehicle is allotted.

Tried to escalate within the dealership and I was told by their customer care manager and sales manager that black colour celerios are hard to come by and that I will need to wait. When I questioned them why did they fool me then saying they can deliver the colour and variant I asked for before onam, the reply I got is that they had some sort of assurance from MSIL that the vehicle can be delivered as promised. But after that MSIL backtracked and now there is no confirmation when the colour and variant I want will be shipped.

I am trapped now as I have already made almost 94% of the on road price. Without even getting the VIN, ( and without any tentative date of delivery) I will be paying the first EMI on Sep 3rd.

I shot an email explaining the situation to MSIL at contact@maruti.co.in on 25th August copying the people in charge at the dealership and till date I have not even received an acknowledgement for my email.

This is my first time dealing with Maruti or their dealers. I was thinking that MSIL treats their customers as kings. Now I understand that they dont even care to give an answer to a worried customer who has paid almost all of the vehicle price, forget getting treated like a king. Very much disappointed with the experience I have had so far.

I have been using Fords since 2011. Even after Ford left India, their customer service remains impeccable. I got my 12 year old Endeavour serviced last week and every time I visit them, my confidence in them continues to grow.

I have no idea what I should do now or how to escalate this with MSIL.

Last edited by hardoop : 29th August 2023 at 01:12. Reason: Usure if this is the right thread to post this bad experience
Old 6th September 2023, 10:03   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoop View Post

I shot an email explaining the situation to MSIL at contact@maruti.co.in on 25th August copying the people in charge at the dealership and till date I have not even received an acknowledgement for my email.

This is my first time dealing with Maruti or their dealers. I was thinking that MSIL treats their customers as kings. Now I understand that they dont even care to give an answer to a worried customer who has paid almost all of the vehicle price, forget getting treated like a king. Very much disappointed with the experience I have had so far.

I have been using Fords since 2011. Even after Ford left India, their customer service remains impeccable. I got my 12 year old Endeavour serviced last week and every time I visit them, my confidence in them continues to grow.

I have no idea what I should do now or how to escalate this with MSIL.

I finally got the VIN number of my car yesterday. Now in transit. Expecting delivery in 2-3 weeks. The dealership made up for the delay and inconvenience by paying the first month EMI.

I should mention that Maruti's Area Manager based out of Trivandrum and the dealer's GM were very supportive and took sincere efforts to pacify me as I was very much agitated with the way the sales team was handling the issue. Maruti's Area Manager had assured me that he will have the car sent to the dealer in the next lot itself.

More than waiting for the car, it was the lack of updates that was irking me since they took almost full payment from me and kept me at dark about the real status of the vehicle dispatch from factory even after a month.

Anyways, the issue is now resolved and I am happy with the way the GM of SouthPark Motors and MSIL handled the issue.
Old 13th September 2023, 18:41   #143
BHPian

Just read this article about Celerio 2023.was wondering how MSIL is positioning Celerio as an SUV. Anything now is a SUV. This article blatantly affects user perspective intrinsically and tries to plant "SUV" Verbiage to Celerio, they could have atleast stopped at "Crossover".

https://delhibreakings.com/maruti-ne...-lakhs-budget/

Shouldn't they be a little transparent and accurate. Companies are increasing targeting naive people by misnaming and wrongly branding products. Looks like a serious issue to me.
Old 13th September 2023, 19:52   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviCar View Post
Just read this article about Celerio 2023.was wondering how MSIL is positioning Celerio as an SUV. Anything now is a SUV. This article blatantly affects user perspective intrinsically and tries to plant "SUV" Verbiage to Celerio, they could have atleast stopped at "Crossover".

https://delhibreakings.com/maruti-ne...-lakhs-budget/

Shouldn't they be a little transparent and accurate. Companies are increasing targeting naive people by misnaming and wrongly branding products. Looks like a serious issue to me.
Hey, these are just random AI newsreporting channels that are automated to write articles based on some inputs given by amateurs who don't know ABCD of Indian car market or cars in general. Just ignore it, there are many random such AI newsportals that have mushroomed recently after the AI revolution.
Old 16th January 2024, 00:28   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Since it's going to be my dad's car, my worry is short lived.
Since the Punch AMT thread has been taken offline, I'll just ask this here: IIRC, you bought this celerio as a replacement for the kwid, and yet your thread was titled "Punch AMT replaces kwid".

So is the puch replacing the kwid, or this? And if you are keeping both the kwid and celerio, dont you feel thats two cars doing roughly the same job: ie daily commuting activities.
Old 16th January 2024, 00:38   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Since the Punch AMT thread has been taken offline, I'll just ask this here: IIRC, you bought this celerio as a replacement for the kwid, and yet your thread was titled "Punch AMT replaces kwid".

So is the puch replacing the kwid, or this? And if you are keeping both the kwid and celerio, dont you feel thats two cars doing roughly the same job: ie daily commuting activities.
2021 celerio was a replacement for 2016 celerio.

Kwid was sold in 2022 and wasn't replaced by another car. My usage is above average (50000 km in total per year). So another car will reduce the burden on the other 3 cars. That way, my storme is still just 73k driven in 6 years. Else it would have done double that.

Most Viewed