Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2024, 18:25   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Off topic: It would be a great opportunity for Force Motors to bring out a comfort oriented 7 seater car (with both diesel and CNG options ) using their existing platform and engine and price it significantly below Innova Crysta
I was watching this YouTube video of how the white board 9+D Urbania was eating into the Hybrid HyCross Market. Someone looking for a HyCross to be used as a Chauffer driven family mover could seriously consider the Urbania, its 5L cheaper, matches the Hybrid economy with the economy of a diesel and is substantially more roomy with space for an additional 2 passengers!
TheARUN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 20:13   #1577
BANNED

I would be happy to get a few tips for picking an insurance package for Carens that I'm getting delivered in another 2 weeks.

I got a quote of 67885/- for the insurance from Kia which was included in the total sum of the car's on-road value.

I took a look in policybazaar for insurance quotes and there are a lot of options for about 25-30k less including IDV cover and other add-ons. I have never bought an insurance policy online, so a little help about what to look for would be helpful.
I currently use United India for my other vehicles and I got a good quote from them for the Kia.
Old 5th March 2024, 21:12   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfury95 View Post

I would be happy to get a few tips for picking an insurance package

policy bazaar for insurance quotes and there are a lot of options for about 25-30k less

I currently use United India for my other vehicles and I got a good quote from them for the Kia.
Would suggest going with either dealer or your insurance agent (united india as you mentioned) for assured service in the event of a claim. Besides there are too many add ons covers having varying degrees of usefulness, which can be better explained to you in person by dealership guys or your agent
Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 14:42   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfury95 View Post
I would be happy to get a few tips for picking an insurance package for Carens that I'm getting delivered in another 2 weeks.

I got a quote of 67885/- for the insurance from Kia which was included in the total sum of the car's on-road value.

I took a look in policybazaar for insurance quotes and there are a lot of options for about 25-30k less including IDV cover and other add-ons. I have never bought an insurance policy online, so a little help about what to look for would be helpful.
I was given a discount of 20k for Insurance by the dealer. Though I got it, the still had the original value in the premium receipt.
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 01:03   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
You set the temperature and forget about the AC where as in my old car with manual AC, I always ended up fiddling with the AC controls to maintain the right temperature. The rear wiper is a must if you intend to take the car out on the highway during the monsoon.

I am not sure why you felt the lower variants are not popular, but where I live, almost half of the Carens I spot on the road are Prestige variants.
Thanks for your inputs. Your observations on more Prestige variants on the road helped a lot and was right as I also noticed quite a lot of Prestige variants after that post. I ended up going for the Prestige variant itself.

Even with ACC i end up fiddling with fan speed settings. My wife is sensitive to cool air on her face and even in the City, DZire and Fronx I noticed that the ACC always gets it wierd sometimes and we have to end up adjusting the temp or fan speed.

After living with the Carens for 2k kms, the manual AC hasn't been a trouble as such. Only thing is, even at fan speed 1, the airflow is quite a bit and we wish this airflow was at setting 3, 4 or 5.

As for rear wiper, my highway usage isn't much during monsoons and I am a bit too keen on clear front and rear windshield everytime I take a break and get back in the car, so I clean it myself.

At the end of the day, the fact that Prestige white was available quicker and I liked White the most and this was my chance to force white on my family might have been subconscious triggers .
vvs29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 21:36   #1581
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Carens facelift spotted testing.

Quote:
expect this mid-life refresh to bring about minor cosmetic changes to the model. Changes to the exterior could include a revised front face with a new grille and headlamp and a reworked rear bumper.
Kia Carens Review-125.jpg

Quote:
expect the upcoming MPV to maintain the same dashboard design but feature an upgraded equipment list and new upholstery colours. New tech on offer could include an all-new digital instrument cluster, large panoramic sunroof, 360-degree camera, electrically adjustable driver’s seat, electronic parking brake and more. The recently introduced level 2 ADAS module from the Kia Seltos facelift could also make its way to the four-wheeler.
Link:
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 11:48   #1582
BHPian

Insider Update :

Kia is planning to re-indroduce manual Kia Carens for premium and prestige variants.
It is also planning to bring the follow changes to the Carens effective April.

1. Premium diesel discontinued
2. Premium (O) introduced with IMT and Manual diesel, keyless entry, audio system with speaker, mounted controls, electric ORVMs etc.
3. Prestige to diesel AT.
TheG2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 15:54   #1583

Hi, I am planning to go for Carens Prestige Petrol Turbo 1.5L IMT.

I was considering Diesel Turbo IMT, but left the option after thinking about cost difference and looking at reviews here I dropped the option.

Also saw people recommending Prestige Plus compared to prestige variant but cannot get that since I am getting from CSD.

Anything I should look out for since this is my first car purchase?

I am coming from Ford ikon 1.4L Diesel TDCI manual to this car.
rider117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 12:38   #1584

What are the accessories I should go with for new prestige purchase?
Old 9th April 2024, 01:30   #1585

Not sure of the veracity of this claim. The link is anyway not to be found. As far as I know, a panoramic sun roof isn't technically feasible for Carens since the AC ducts are roof mounted. A face-lift could only be expected end of the year or even early next year since KIA has confirmed a Carens EV next year in India.

Autocar India link - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-months-431166

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Kia Carens facelift spotted testing.

Attachment 2583660

Link:
Old 11th April 2024, 07:59   #1586
Senior - BHPian

Did a TD of the Kia Carens Luxury Plus 1.5 T + 7DCT yesterday.

Honda City CVT has spoilt me for "part throttle" responses. I felt the Carens needs to be given a "stick" to move on due to turbo taking time to spool up, but nothing unmanageable. It's very car-like to drive and though big in dimensions it shrinks around you in traffic and large green house and low cowl of the dashboard allows for some great visibility.

Ride is very supple, the TPMS displayed 33-35 psi all round, helped by the 16" rims and tyres. The A/C was a chiller and overhead mounts worked well. My wife who was in the second row with the sales person riding shot gun with me at the wheel. I think I can get over the initial dull responses from the turbo, which I did in the short 5-6 kms test drive. There's been a rejig of the variant line up in the past couple of days and my pick is the Prestige+(O) 7 seater, which has almost everything and is rid of the biggest gripe I have against the higher variants: the poorly placed air purifier behind the drivers seat and the picnic table behind the passengers seat. Did an ingress and egress with wife to the third row: which was very usable.

I was served by Capital Kia, Adyar, Chennai, I pinged them at almost midnight and they pinged right back, a salesperson was assigned at 5.21 AM and he responded with all details and was good enough to be at my place at the sharp 10 AM as mentioned in the SMS. Must say I was impressed by their prompt and courteous responses. My Honda City CVT is running like a dream though "plagued' by rust issues in many places though not very bad gives me the feel that I may need to part with it when it's running well, it's 4th gen and 7 years old. Since my family has ballooned the move to a seven seater makes sense.

I wonder how much of the registration fees is genuine and how much is "baksheesh", I've been given an assurance (orally) that my 50% NCB will be adjusted with the new policy. Though the ex-showroom of Prestige+(O)7 seater 1.5T/7DCT is Rs 16,11,900 the OTR comes to Rs 19,82,636 a difference of Rs 370,736. That I feel is absolute looting from the govt., dealer and all others in the name of taxes over and above what has been added to the ex-showroom price. This is without the dealer add-ons that I chose to reject.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th April 2024 at 10:05. Reason: Formatted for better readability.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 21:52   #1587

I am a proud owner of a Kia carens top model 7 seater diesel automatic version and have the vehicle for 18 months now. Have done a lot of Highway trips Jabalpur Nagpur, Bhopal, Agra. Also in city mostly used for my mom chauffeur driven and I use it for night drives. Have used it fully loaded with 7 people and luggage on top carrier (installed by self) on highway trip as well. My observations

1. Fantastic planted Highway drive, without realising reached 3 digit speed with 5 PPL and luggage on Gwalior Sagar stretch of NH4. Super smooth, excellent power delivery, super stable drive. 10/10. I even beat a friend in a harrier with only 3 ppl by a fair distance.

2. Easy Car like to drive in city, never had any problems in parking, overtaking or crowded roads. 9/10

3. Super comfortable all 3 roe seats with actual space for 2 big adults to sit in last seat and travel over 4 hours on highway. 11/10

4. Premium finish and quality of all materials, having lasted well with 3 kids in my family. 9/10

5. Don't care much for features but air purifier, ventilation seats, rear window shades, are a plus. Charging ports c type all rows. One touch Tumble seat for 3rd row access are great to have. Music system and infotainment are good enough, connect features work really well. The small sun roof is a gimmick. Overall 8/10.

The only Con would be 3 Star Safety and No ADAS.

For a 3 row family car where all 3 rows are usable even long distance, exceptional drive, great suspension, comfortable seats and premium finish, at the price point it is a no brainer to buy this car.

Highly recommended
nitsmax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 00:03   #1588
Senior - BHPian

After much deliberation and two test drives with family, have booked the Kia Carens 1.5 Turbo + 7 DCT Luxury Plus 7 seater White colour. My family had "fallen flat" for the Luxury Plus Trim and put their foot down and said a firm NO to the Prestige Plus (O) variant. My beloved City bows out after 7 years and 41.6 k kms. did one final long drive to Kumbakonam and back of around 574 kms with grand kids, wife, son and daughter in law (house full ) Went on Sunday and was back yesterday night. Should have reached home by say 6-30 pm last evening the Perungalathur traffic jam took 1.5 hours to wade through and reached home by 8 pm. My City went for Rs 7.5L and paid a Rs 25000 booking advance. Haggled with the dealership for a reduction in insurance premium which they reduced by almost Rs 20k after I used the "outside quotes" as bargaining chip. Since I'm exchanging the City for the Carens they matched the Spinny quote and also said they'll process get the 50% NCB and as a cash return when the insurance company pays: I had that happen for my trade in of my Accent for the Elantra when I got a cheque for the NCB way back in 2005. That's one good thing when you deal with the dealership you don't have to run around, otherwise you need to visit the insurance company branch to get the NCB. That's what I was told by Tata AIG when I talked to them. The Kia Carens Luxury Plus OTR is Rs 2347008 includes Accessories and the My Convenience Plus Package that includes consumables for service, 5 year extended warranty and the 5 year RSA package. I checked the Kia India website and the accessories matched with a paltry Rs 226 over what was shown on the website so let that slide. I need to rethink the accessories as some are not worth it, especially the bling and car cover that I haven't used 'ever' in my life, last we used was on my dad's Amby and it was chore to drape and remove.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 17th April 2024 at 00:09.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 00:41   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
did one final long drive to Kumbakonam and back of around 574 kms with grand kids, wife, son and daughter in law (house full )
Looks like 6 people travelled in a 5 seater car. Even if two are kids I am assuming at least one is not belted. It is not safe for the one who is not belted and also not safe for others due to the one that is not belted during a mishap. Being TBHP member I am hoping you value safety highly and request to not take the risk again.
ssateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 14:21   #1590

Hi all members , just bought home the carens luxury plus AT home, live the overall comfort and interior cabin quality.
Just wanted to know some options on a few shortcoming from owners and experts.
1. The headlight didn't seem effective at night , any specific upgrade option without affecting the warranty.
2. Is it worth to change the boots from MFR wanderer to continental UG6?
3. How to protect the acres of Piano black in the interiors?
All suggestions would be welcome

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks