Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2023, 07:21   #1516

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
A query. Does all the versions of the car not come with the new instrument cluster? A friend picked up a Prestige Plus this week and it had the digital meter.
No, only the Luxury editions and X-Line get the updated instrument cluster for now.
Please refer to:
https://www.kia.com/in/our-vehicles/...are-trims.html
AreebMKhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 22:22   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-30MKI View Post
I went out to Amazon only for the 7D matt as Kia quoted (Including the boot mat) Rs 10,711 while it was available for Rs 5300 on Amazon.
How is the mat behaving? Can you please share the Amazon link?
Old 18th December 2023, 07:01   #1518
BHPian

It’s going on good, a bit of high maintenance though; due to the light shade. I love the shade as I feel it matches perfectly with the interior and it enhances the premium look!
The part is no longer available on Amazon as of now. You would need to choose alternates.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-img_9951.png  

SU-30MKI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 14:59   #1519

Hi all,

I have an issue with Kia Carens Diesel 6AT (top-end variant) and I thought there would be some who can help me understand if this is unique to my vehicle or this is the standard behaviour. Here is the gist of the issue-
When I am using cruise control (not adaptive cruise control) - lets say for 80 km/h and i apply break, the vehicle slows down to say 60 km/h or so, now when i re-engage the cruise control, there is a sudden acceleration and the engine revs more than 2.5k rpm until it reaches the set cruising speed.
I don't see a gradual acceleration but a sudden increase in acceleration and its very terrifying. The work around that i have now is to get the speed manually as much closer to the set cruising speed and then re-engage the cruise control.
Is the sudden acceleration to reach the cruising speed a common and standard phenomena or is it unique to my vehicle, which I need to get it addressed with Kia Service team.
I would truly appreciate the inputs or feedback from the car enthusiasts here in this forum. Thanks in advance.
Wishing you and your loved ones a great year 2024!
Old 29th December 2023, 18:31   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2badri View Post
Is the sudden acceleration to reach the cruising speed a common and standard phenomena or is it unique to my vehicle, which I need to get it addressed with Kia Service team.
Wishing you and your loved ones a great year 2024!
Happy new year to you too!

This is a common trait on all vehicles with healthy torque numbers. Same happens in my Sonet turbo petrol and erstwhile Ecosport Diesel S. In my Seltos, which is equipped with Adaptive cruise, I can set the acceleration upto my 4 levels.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 07:39   #1521

Hi, does anyone know how to avoid charging our phone when connected to android auto? I find this a bit irritating. Is this unique to the way it is set up in Carens or a common problem across?
Old 3rd January 2024, 19:28   #1522

I have a 4 month old Carens Luxury(O) 7 seater Diesel AT. I have driven 5500km. The car is comfortable, spacious and easy to drive. I am observing a few issues and I wanted to check with the group here.

1. ISG (Idle Stop and Go) issue 1 - In the AT version, we need to keep the brake pedal depressed to ensure that ignition stays off in a red light. It does not recognise handbrake or Parking mode. In the case of a long signal, it is irritating to keep the brake depressed. In manual Kia cars, the ignition turns off at a signal only when you switch to neutral and release clutch. AT could also recognise neutral or P mode or handbrake and use that for ignition control but it doesn't. Tried contacting support at every level, but was told it is what it is.

2. ISG issue 2 - When I stop to park the car, ISG turns off the ignition when I am still in D mode. If I shift to P before I turn off the car, ignition is needlessly fired again before I turn the car off.

3. "Key not in vehicle" - If I turn the vehicle off (when the ignition auto-cuts off after the car stops) while still in D mode and then I shift the gear to P, and get out of the car, I am unable to lock the car as it gives the "Key not in vehicle" error.

4. ISG issue 3: My ISG button sometimes, rarely though, turns off and on by its own. Unable to pinpoint the problem. Unable to replicate consistently to report to the service center. I do have one video of it getting on/off by itself.

5. "Drive Info" / trip meter: The trip meter gets reset whenever the ignition is turned off. If I am on a long drive and I stop for tea or fuel, my "Drive info" is reset. On my friend's Kia Sonet the "Drive info" gets reset only if the car is parked for more than 4 hours, which meant I could track mileage for my trip using the "Drive info" and look at "Accumulated Info" for longer term data. In Carens I need to reset my "Accumulated info" to track info for any trip.

6. TPMS: During a long drive, I got this error "Check the TPMS" error consistently for one whole day on my info cluster with a yellow caution light. I kept driving on after checking that the tyre pressure was actually normal. The error was there for that whole day but magically went away the next day. It has not happened again.

These are just some of my pain points. I am not sure if it is just me. If anyone has had the same experience or have explanations or remedies for some of these items, I would much appreciate your help.
CityFamilyCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 23:49   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh27 View Post
Hi, does anyone know how to avoid charging our phone when connected to android auto? I find this a bit irritating. Is this unique to the way it is set up in Carens or a common problem across?
As far as I know, you can't avoid.. The only option is to buy Carlinkit or equivalent Wireless Android Auto and that will mean you are free to charge when you want
vikramv4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 00:09   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityFamilyCar View Post
I have a 4 month old Carens Luxury(O) 7 seater Diesel AT. I have driven 5500km. The car is comfortable, spacious and easy to drive. I am observing a few issues and I wanted to check with the group here.

1. ISG (Idle Stop and Go) issue 1 - In the AT version, we need to keep the brake pedal depressed to ensure that ignition stays off in a red light. It does not recognise handbrake or Parking mode. In the case of a long signal, it is irritating to keep the brake depressed. In manual Kia cars, the ignition turns off at a signal only when you switch to neutral and release clutch. AT could also recognise neutral or P mode or handbrake and use that for ignition control but it doesn't. Tried contacting support at every level, but was told it is what it is.

2. ISG issue 2 - When I stop to park the car, ISG turns off the ignition when I am still in D mode. If I shift to P before I turn off the car, ignition is needlessly fired again before I turn the car off.

3. "Key not in vehicle" - If I turn the vehicle off (when the ignition auto-cuts off after the car stops) while still in D mode and then I shift the gear to P, and get out of the car, I am unable to lock the car as it gives the "Key not in vehicle" error.

4. ISG issue 3: My ISG button sometimes, rarely though, turns off and on by its own. Unable to pinpoint the problem. Unable to replicate consistently to report to the service center. I do have one video of it getting on/off by itself.

5. "Drive Info" / trip meter: The trip meter gets reset whenever the ignition is turned off. If I am on a long drive and I stop for tea or fuel, my "Drive info" is reset. On my friend's Kia Sonet the "Drive info" gets reset only if the car is parked for more than 4 hours, which meant I could track mileage for my trip using the "Drive info" and look at "Accumulated Info" for longer term data. In Carens I need to reset my "Accumulated info" to track info for any trip.

6. TPMS: During a long drive, I got this error "Check the TPMS" error consistently for one whole day on my info cluster with a yellow caution light. I kept driving on after checking that the tyre pressure was actually normal. The error was there for that whole day but magically went away the next day. It has not happened again.

These are just some of my pain points. I am not sure if it is just me. If anyone has had the same experience or have explanations or remedies for some of these items, I would much appreciate your help.
Firstly I have the DCT Petrol, so maybe these responses maybe different to your experience

1. Yes, you are right, it doesn't work when you use handbrake.. only when brake pedal is fully pressed.. that's how it is, in this version, maybe a future refresh may change this

2. Not sure I have encountered this

3. Not sure I have experienced this

4. Please check with service center.. I had a similar issue and the service center did something they call "battery running", which essentially meant just keeping the car is idle mode or so for 4 hrs - not sure exactly what they did though

5. Yes, Drive info is programmed to only show your current drive, from turning on to turning off ignition

6. I read somewhere that tyre pressures of less than 34 triggers those.. someone suggested to keep pressures above 35 and it will not pop up, but again I don't know what triggered it, so can't say

Thanks

Vikram
vikramv4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 21:22   #1525
BHPian

Hi,
I'm considering the Carens as a replacement for my Honda BR-V and I'm confused between the Prestige and Prestige Plus iMT turbo-petrol variants. The two most meaningful features I'll miss in Prestige are Auto AC and UV cut glass. But I don't feel an extra 1.8L is worth these two features. Prestige plus also offers cruise control, alloy wheels, cooled cupholders, push button start, but these are not features that are must haves for me. I'll be limited to White, Silver and Grey colors but Grey looks good enough for us.

So wanted to ask, if there is any significant drawback in terms of reliability or maintenance in going for manual AC. Also, will I be missing out on any subtler points when going for the prestige variant (like resale value, difficulty in sourcing parts in case of issues since this variant does not seem to be that popular, etc.).
Old 12th January 2024, 22:40   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvs29 View Post
I'm considering the Carens as a replacement for my Honda BR-V and I'm confused between the Prestige and Prestige Plus iMT turbo-petrol variants.
Out of these 2 variants, I would strongly suggest to stretch the budget a bit and go for Prestige Plus. It's always been the most VFM variant in Carens. You get a lot over Prestige variant along with the turbo petrol engine. If you plan to keep the car for long I would recommend to go for Prestige Plus.

On the other hand, there are many videos on YouTube of accessories shops in Navi Mumbai who can convert lower variant to top variants by adding required features of choice. You may explore that angle as well.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 11:45   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvs29 View Post
So wanted to ask, if there is any significant drawback in terms of reliability or maintenance in going for manual AC. Also, will I be missing out on any subtler points when going for the prestige variant (like resale value, difficulty in sourcing parts in case of issues since this variant does not seem to be that popular, etc.).
Go for prestige plus. Most important safety feature for a big car is rear defogger and wiper washer which is missing in prestige. The price difference is only 1.5lk but you will get additional stuff of atleast 2.5lk.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-img_7156.png  

Kia Carens Review-img_7155.png  

sou_3749 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 14:34   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
I test drove Carens today, below are my observations.
Test drove Carens again today and it changed some of my earlier misconceptions.

- Front seats still I feel doesn’t have a good travel, but did came to terms soon this time. They were of good comfort.

- Suspension as stated in my previous review, it is just awesome, Kia has done excellent job here. Some of the pot holes which are felt in Venue big time, Carens just absorbs it effortlessly.

- Rear seats, last time the seats weren’t inclined to our needs which resulted in poor experience. This time it is inclined and head rest adjusted to our comfort it felt far better.

- The version I drove today was iMT, it is just seamless. God bless Hyundai/Kia for coming up with this technology.

- The car was loaded with 7 people (6 adults and 1 kid) didn’t feel any lack in power at any time.

- Our family was very satisfied with the car, mostly we will be finalising this car. Will share further update if I am going through with Carens

Last edited by vvivek85 : 14th January 2024 at 14:43.
vvivek85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 15:58   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsmax View Post
But a very big problem is there. The suspension is so hard that every pot hole and bump is being felt and you are getting thrown around in the car like anything. Checked tyre pressure got it to 33 and 31 as recommended but no change.

Have called the dealership today they will assess.
Hello nitsmax,
Any update on your issue?

Started experiencing the same in my Carens recently. All the pot-holes and bumps are felt inside and passengers undergo a horizontal body movement. Might need to get the car checked soon. Experts, please share your inputs.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 16:42   #1530

Hi Knightrider

It got resolved. Deflated all tires at the dealership and refilled nitrogen at about 32 psi. Somehow it worked. Do try this and see. Hope it helps.
nitsmax is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks