Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2023, 18:30   #1366
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb4u View Post
Not sure if the 5 lakh price difference is worth it, given the space inside, boot space and FE are more or less same. The drive on the highways could be better with Carens diesel, but is the XL6 that bad and should we have to increase the budget by 5 lakh to get this?
Why are you comparing "Petrol" XL6 with Diesel Automatic Carens ?
Why not 16L approx Petrol Prestige Plus Carens iMT ? Or even DCT ?

Second, the reson for me not opting XL6 was -
1. Similar to Ertiga. Taxi feeling.
2. Wanted 2+3 seating configuration and not 2+2 of Ertiga.
Old 22nd April 2023, 20:03   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the AC vents: I have noticed that the front passenger side vent cannot be fully shut. The place where there is provision for the air purifier still blows air even when the vents are closed. Bad thing about this is that the air blows directly at the chest of the passenger.

Is it the same for everyone else?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd April 2023 at 21:59. Reason: A word
Old 23rd April 2023, 11:39   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Regarding the AC vents: I have noticed that the front passenger side vent cannot be fully shut. The place where there is provision for the air purifier still blows air even when the vents are closed. Bad thing about this is that the air blows directly at the chest of the passenger.

Yes, the air purifier area does not have a valve and in fact more air blows through it when you end up closing the passenger side vent.
Old 23rd April 2023, 18:45   #1369

I am planning for Carens 1.5 T petrol iMT. Its not available for test drive. Anyone can provide a feedback for the same?
Old 23rd April 2023, 19:17   #1370

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post

Yes there is absence of valve for closing / opening A/C vent provided for air perfume.

But what one can do to circumvent air blowing directly from A/c perfume vent at passenger side, is to plug Car Vent Air Freshener in the vent ,by doing so, one can maximizes or lower the flow of the A/C air by adjusting fragrance level available in Car Vent Air Freshener.

By lowering the air freshener level, one can lower direct blow at the passenger side and by plugging the Car Vent Air Freshener in the designated slot, direct blow of the A/c to the passenger is blocked.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd April 2023 at 19:54. Reason: Punctuation space.
Carzy_Carz30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 20:46   #1371

I recently purchased a KIA Carens Prestige Plus 1.5 DCT and discovered that two safety features that were advertised on the Carens website were missing from my car. The website stated that the Carens has
1) 3-point seat belts for all seats
2) seat belt reminders for all seats
(https://www.kia.com/in/our-vehicles/...cs.html#trim-2),
but when I received my car, the middle seat still had a 2-point seatbelt and there were no rear seat belt reminders.

My vehicle was produced on March 19th, 2023 and allocated to me on April 6th. I was not informed that the features in my car were different from those advertised on the website. I contacted KIA about this issue, but they only asked for the dealer's details and did not follow up further. I believe that only cars produced after April 1st have these safety features, but this was not mentioned anywhere. The 1.5 Turbo petrol was launched in March, and I did not expect an upgrade within a month.

Prospective buyers should be aware of this issue and ensure that these safety features are part of their PDI checklist. The biggest problem I see with this situation is that it raises questions about the honesty of the manufacturer. If visible features are missing, how can we be sure that invisible safety features are not missing as well? I believe that safety is the last thing that KIA cares about anyway :-)
AutoDIYer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 18:42   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post

I'm surprised other Carens owners haven't raised this issue.
Looks like I too am facing a similar issue where the car is giving a jerk. Initially I thought that there was some problem with gear change at lower RPM but after observing multiple times today on Hyderabad ORR and Rajendranagar Radial road, I don't think this is true. Mostly it happens when I press accelerator.

My teammate, who travels with me often, too has observed the increase in jerks in recent times.

I have been getting fuel from the same fuel station for past 15 years. These days I am using IOCL's XtraGreen. I did raise a query with Kia who redirected me to the SC guys who then informed me that it is fine to use XtraGreen.

I will observe this for couple of more days to observe a pattern.
Old 3rd May 2023, 16:13   #1373

I will get the delivery of my Kia Carens Luxury Plus 7 seater Automatic Diesel in a couple of days from now. Two days ago, I paid a visit to the dealer stockyard in Hubli to have a look at my vehicle. While everything else looked good, there was a shocker in store awaiting us.

Kia has discontinued sun-roof only Luxury Plus 7 seater Automatic Diesel and reduced the price by around 30k. I was told that Sunroof is available for other verions like iMTs, petrols and so on. It is available even in diesel automatic 6 seater version. But it is not available only in Luxury Plus 7 seater Automatic Diesel.

While sunroof was not that important for the adults in our family, my kids, aged 13 and 8 were heartbroken. I had a really hard time convincing them to agree with a vehicle without sunroof.

I fail to understand why Kia has done this. I will not go for petrol as I did not like the feel of the petrol engine. I do not want iMT as my wife is adamant on an automatic. And I cannot buy a 6 seater as we are a family of 6 and I want a 7th seat so that I can fold it and use it for luggage when we go for a long trip.

A dent in our excitement of getting a new vehicle.
shanbhag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 19:13   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanbhag View Post
Kia has discontinued sun-roof only Luxury Plus 7 seater Automatic Diesel and reduced the price by around 30k. I was told that Sunroof is available for other verions like iMTs, petrols and so on. It is available even in diesel automatic 6 seater version. But it is not available only in Luxury Plus 7 seater Automatic Diesel.
This is beyond logic. I couldn't believe this. So checked the latest brochure. And this is indeed the case. Ridiculous decision.
Can understand how disappointed the kids might have been.

Kia Carens Review-screenshot_2023050319082864_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f2.jpg
Old 3rd May 2023, 20:09   #1375
Senior - BHPian

As disappointing as it sounds, I think it is a good decision. The Carens never had a panoramic sunroof anyway for the "wow" factor, and it is in my personal view, one of the least useful features of a car. I myself havent used the sunroof on my Creta on more than 3-4 occasions in the last 2+ years.
Old 3rd May 2023, 20:48   #1376

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
As disappointing as it sounds, I think it is a good decision. The Carens never had a panoramic sunroof anyway for the "wow" factor, and it is in my personal view, one of the least useful features of a car. I myself havent used the sunroof on my Creta on more than 3-4 occasions in the last 2+ years.
I agree. It's not important for me and I didn't like the tiny sunroof even while I was test-driving the old Carens. But you can't really try reasoning with an 8 yearl old kid about that, can you?

But to be fair to the dealer, they had warned about the absense of sunroof as soon as they came to know about it. But there aren't many 7 seaters in the market under this budget that have a sunroof. And I liked everything else about this car. So decided to go ahead with the purchase anyway.
Old 8th May 2023, 13:10   #1377
BHPian

Hi guys, Just thought of posting this and many may already be aware. There is a speed limit feature in Carens. If there is a cruise control option in your Carens, speed limit option can be enabled by holding cruise button for 2-3 seconds. You can increase or decrease the speed limit as you wish. Although the utility is debatable on our Roads, this could be useful on highways where there are strict speed restrictions. Cheers!
guru_to_be is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 06:23   #1378
BHPian

Back and bumping this thread. As I am getting a deal on a used Carens diesel , Prestige Plus 1.5 Diesel MT.
Car is 1.1 Years old and done 7000 kms. Seller did not go for any additional warranty or service coverage. They used the car for 7 months and currently it's parked as the owner got posted overseas.

As the asking price is of 16 Lakhs. Is this a good deal ?

Also does the prestige plus model come with Alloy wheels. As I saw wheel covers . Buyer bought the car in April last year and paid around 17.4 Lakhs for the same. They also got some seat covers and few other accessories added for around 15k. I am aware currently manual diesel has stopped and now it's only IMT. Please share your thoughts and inputs if I should go for.the same and any other specific call out for this model.
Old 11th May 2023, 13:54   #1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Back and bumping this thread. As I am getting a deal on a used Carens diesel , Prestige Plus 1.5 Diesel MT.
======
Please share your thoughts and inputs if I should go for.the same and any other specific call out for this model.
Yes, the prestige plus variant comes and has always come with alloy wheels. As someone who is using Kia Carens Prestige Petrol and Kia Sonet GTX+ iMT, I will suggest you to go with a new Carens. iMT is a really very useful and convenient transmission. I have used it during a Ladakh trip of 8 days and I never felt it wanting in any way, plus it's a real boon for comfort. Considering the iMT, the updated BS6-II compliant engine and the brand new car vs 1 year old car, I think a difference of around 2 lakhs is justified.
Old 12th May 2023, 11:14   #1380

Respected Fellow BHPian,

Recently I got my Kia Carens 1.4 Turbo Petrol first full service done with engine oil and oil filter changed. Have driven for 150 km after full service.

Casually, I checked the engine oil today morning and found the oil level on dip is above full mark (picture attached). Oil level is measured on overnight cold engine. Earlier oil level on dipstick was at Full mark.

Requesting fellow BHPian member to guide me in this matter.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-img1-copy.jpg  

Carzy_Carz30 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed