Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2023, 08:55   #1396
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Headlamp LED (H4) | Rs.7,599
The HL bulbs in the Carens are H19L, not H4.

On another note, I recently TD'd the Diesel iMT. The one major change I noticed was that the 2nd row gets a 3-point seatbelt even for the middle seat. Loses out on the cupholders in the centre armrest. A very good bargain I should say.

Mods: Maybe the 3-point seatbelt feature can be added to the Pros section?

Last edited by samaspire : 20th June 2023 at 09:05. Reason: Added another point
samaspire is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 11:45   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I think everyone going for an LED headlight upgrade should keep in mind the above fact as the H4 socket doesn’t fit well in the H19 socket which our Carens has. Issues with beam alignment ensue if you try to use H4, I’ve personally burnt my fingers and hence telling from personal experience. Finally got Blaupunkt HP LEDs installed as these were the only branded ones in the market having a H19 adapter.
idoctor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 14:08   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Hyundai’s 1.5 CRDI engine does not use AdBlue. It’s a basic setup that required periodic high rpm usage to keep the DPF clean. This is the same system as in all small capacity diesels and is identical in i20, Venue, Creta, Sonet, Seltos and Carens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post

On another note, I recently TD'd the Diesel iMT. The one major change I noticed was that the 2nd row gets a 3-point seatbelt even for the middle seat. Loses out on the cupholders in the centre armrest. A very good bargain I should say.

Mods: Maybe the 3-point seatbelt feature can be added to the Pros section?
Can anyone clarify if adblue is needed after the new regulatory norms for Kia 1.5 diesel motor?

The recent video on Carens diesel imt shows presence of Adblue tank. Please see from 2:00 min mark in the below video.

SuperGirl_Dad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 23:30   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoctor View Post
I think everyone going for an LED headlight upgrade should keep in mind the above fact as the H4 socket doesn’t fit well in the H19 socket which our Carens has.
Oh, that really is a bummer. I was hoping to get these Kia LED's and avoid voiding my warranty by going aftermarket. Did you try the Kia H4s or some other brand?

Wonder why Kia is selling the H4 type when the socket takes the H19 bulb.

Last edited by heavenlybull : 22nd June 2023 at 23:32.
Old 23rd June 2023, 11:06   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlybull View Post
Oh, that really is a bummer. I was hoping to get these Kia LED's and avoid voiding my warranty by going aftermarket. Did you try the Kia H4s or some other brand?

When I bought the car last year, Kia LEDs were not offered as an accessory, hence went aftermarket. Aftermarket LEDs are plug and play so no warranty voiding issue as no wires are cut.
idoctor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 12:32   #1401
BHPian

Kia to recall Carens for software update on the instrument cluster.

Kia will inspect 30,297 units built between September 2022 and February 2023 to fix the issue via software update.

Read here.
Old 27th June 2023, 13:39   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlybull View Post

I've got Kia's H4 LEDs installed in my Carens. As idoctor said, it did mess-up with the alignment of the headlights. The ASC tried to correct this multiple times, but they made the situation even worse. Finally, I had to adjust the alignment of the headlights myself. All it took was a size 13 spanner and a flat wall where you could point the headlights. These are definitely an upgrade over the stock halogens.

Do note that these are 45W LEDs (90W combined). The ones I've seen aftermarket are usually 50-60W (each LED). Do keep that in mind while upgrading.

Last edited by furyrider : 27th June 2023 at 13:42. Reason: typo
furyrider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 11:33   #1403

hi

Have any of you got an email from KIA about Carens cluster software update recall campaign. If yes, any update on what this is all about?

Email extract below:
As part of our commitment to continuously improving your ownership experience, we are announcing a “Voluntary Recall Campaign” for a software update of your Kia Carens.

As a responsible corporate, the company conducts regular checks and rigorous testing of components, governed by Kia's global standard. The company has initiated the recall campaign for vehicle inspection and, if required, a free-of-cost software update. This software update incorporates valuable enhancements, addressing various aspects of your vehicle's performance and overall driving dynamics.

To ensure that you benefit from these enhancements, we recommend scheduling an appointment with your nearest Kia authorized service centre dealer. Our skilled technicians will perform the update efficiently, taking care to safeguard your vehicle's integrity.

For any further information or to schedule an appointment, visit our website, or use the MyKia App. Our dedicated Kia Call Centre is also available at 1800-108-5000 (toll-free) or you can email us at kiacare@kiaindia.net.

thank you
Old 2nd July 2023, 10:39   #1404
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopt View Post
hi
Have any of you got an email from KIA about Carens cluster software update recall campaign. If yes, any update on what this is all about?
thank you
Yes, My friend received the same as well, the details are as follows:
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/kia-ca...cluster-glitch
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 14:30   #1405
BHPian

Hi all, I am posting after a while now. It has been a 'comfortable' 15 months with our Kia Carens LP Diesel Auto. Our family has enjoyed every bit of ~15000 KMs so far. I have a quick question - Driving this car is a breeze on tarmac roads; however, I've noticed high NVH levels on concrete roads like Mumbai-Pune expressway. Anyone else experienced the same? Not sure if it's the tyres that are culprit or the insulation. Anyone tried different tyres? Or getting the doors better insulated externally, if yes do you feel any difference/value in doing so?
Old 21st July 2023, 11:49   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopt View Post
I just got the call from Kia regarding the Cluster Update. Apparently, it will take an hour to 45 min for the same. Update is to fix the screen going blank. I have not faced the issue yet though.

The jet spray of the front wipers has stopped working in my car - have asked to fix that issue as well.
samaspire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 14:04   #1407
BHPian

Casket on Wheels-Kia Carens

Hi Folks,

On the outset, would like to clear up that the subject is not meant to offend anyone, but just to put out my feelings after the crash (if I may call it so) I had yesterday with an E-Auto.

Just as I started to turn Left, out of the blue an Auto decided to turn Right without any indication whatsoever and Banged into the car.

So, obviously got out to inspect the damage, and was angry about it but didn't look like much TBH. But the real shocker came in when the front left passenger door wouldn't open! Something similar happened to me 5-6 months back on the Right side of the car. Even though at that time the damage was a bit more but even then not enough to block the door.(IMHO)

However, in this instance, it is mind blowing.

I am gutted with the quality of the structure of the car, just shudder to think of consequences in case of severe crashes. Would really get rid of the car for a more stable proper 6 seater!

Just wanted everyone to know of the quality so that everyone just drives bit more cautiously than ever. Wonder How to involve Kia Motors into it, and whether it'd be of any use?
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-20230725_120135.jpg  

Kia Carens Review-20230725_120142.jpg  

Kia Carens Review-20230725_120155.jpg  

sidharthg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 09:15   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Kia to recall Carens for software update on the instrument cluster.
Is anyone facing frequent Apple Carplay/Android Auto disconnection issues after this update? (Mine is a luxury plus with the 10.25 inch screen)

For me it seems to have a mind of its own now, sometimes it won’t disconnect even once during a 6 hour drive.

Sometimes it will disconnect 10 times in a 30 minute drive.
Old 31st July 2023, 12:57   #1409
BHPian

Re: Casket on Wheels-Kia Carens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharthg View Post
Hi Folks,

So, obviously got out to inspect the damage, and was angry about it but didn't look like much TBH. But the real shocker came in when the front left passenger door wouldn't open! Something similar happened to me 5-6 months back on the Right side of the car. Even though at that time the damage was a bit more but even then not enough to block the door.(IMHO)
Sorry to know about the incident, it is quite frustrating to get the damage because of other's mistake. Sad reality in most Indian cities.

By looking at images, there seems to be absolutely 0 damage to affect the door. It would be good if you discuss the reason for this with your Kia SC and also update us about the same.
Only channel that works to connect with Kia is through the SC. There is no other way, atleast that we have tried till now, gets attention of Kia.
They are anyhow flying high on sales
Old 2nd August 2023, 15:18   #1410

Re: Casket on Wheels-Kia Carens

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post

By looking at images, there seems to be absolutely 0 damage to affect the door. It would be good if you discuss the reason for this with your Kia SC and also update us about the same.
I had a similar damage on my KIA Carens as well, where the car had front end impact. My car was travelling at about 20 kmph, and all the cars in front of me stopped all of a sudden and thus I had to stop the car as well (this was on a highway diversion, due to ongoing bridge works near Kancheepuram entrance arch) and the cargo van (Maruti Eeco) behind me rear ended me since he was overloaded and could not stop his van on time. On impact, my car moved forward and hit the stationary car in front of me and the bonnet bent slightly, and the headlight broke.

The front left fender moved slightly behind and bent due to impact and thus prevented the front passenger door from opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post
Only channel that works to connect with Kia is through the SC. There is no other way, atleast that we have tried till now, gets attention of Kia.
They are anyhow flying high on sales
This is very true. The whole saga of body work is worthy of mention for another long post. My KIA workshop did an absolute shoddy job of the bodywork and I had to rework every single bodywork that they had done. Mailing KIA Customer Care just does not help since the just redirect to the showroom/SC responsible and wash their hands off.
vRSiva27 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks