Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2023, 12:03   #1501
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharthg View Post
These guys have this really bad habit of clearing the error code and sending the customer back. Have had multiple DPF cleaning warning, they clear it everytime. And it is so random that, it is virtually impossible to replicate it. These guys never get to the bottom of it.
I took the car back the second time the Malfunction Indicator light came on. They have identified the problem to be with DPF and ordered complete replacement of the DPF assembly. But they don't have any in stock and are not expecting to get them soon. SC are hoping they will get parts after a month. Seems this is a very common problem with Kia's diesel cars, and they have at least 25 customers waiting for DPF assembly/parts to be replaced! Very pathetic from Kia not to have stock of the most common problematic component. I heard about DPF issues but looks like it is more common than I had expected. I am now driving with the MIL on. SC asked me not to go on long drives and keep the speed under 100 kmph. Not sure what will happen to my engine while I drive the car for another month (or more).
ImranHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:25   #1502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
I took the car back the second time the Malfunction Indicator light came on. They have identified the problem to be with DPF and ordered complete replacement of the DPF assembly. But they don't have any in stock and are not expecting to get them soon. SC are hoping they will get parts after a month. Seems this is a very common problem with Kia's diesel cars, and they have at least 25 customers waiting for DPF assembly/parts to be replaced! Very pathetic from Kia not to have stock of the most common problematic component. I heard about DPF issues but looks like it is more common than I had expected. I am now driving with the MIL on. SC asked me not to go on long drives and keep the speed under 100 kmph. Not sure what will happen to my engine while I drive the car for another month (or more).
From my understanding, car is very very sensitive to fuel quality. These days it is giving me good FE but for the past 4-5 months it had been fairly terrible. So what I deduced is that:

1. Sensitive to fuel quality
2. Sensitive to Outside temperature
3. Sensitive to AC
4. Sensitive to Heavy foot driving

So all in all its a dainty darling. Handle with care!
sidharthg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:33   #1503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharthg View Post
From my understanding, car is very very sensitive to fuel quality. These days it is giving me good FE but for the past 4-5 months it had been fairly terrible.
Completely agree. My problems started when I started using IndianOil's XtraGreen. Not sure if the problem was with the fuel or with the Petrol bunk but my FE went down, the car started giving jerks, and now this issue. I have moved to Jio-BP diesel. Jerks have reduced, but FE remains bad compared to what I was getting initially. What fuel do you use?
ImranHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 13:00   #1504
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review - Audio Issue on Lux + 6 seater AT diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulscout22 View Post
Earlier, the DPF part was replaced under warranty after 8 months of use in the city and occasional highway/ORR driving.
How long did they take to replace the DPF assembly?
Old 29th November 2023, 13:16   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
Completely agree. My problems started when I started using IndianOil's XtraGreen. Not sure if the problem was with the fuel or with the Petrol bunk but my FE went down, the car started giving jerks, and now this issue. I have moved to Jio-BP diesel. Jerks have reduced, but FE remains bad compared to what I was getting initially. What fuel do you use?
Ok so my hunch was correct, I used fuel additive once and then the problem started. So I think only normal fuel w/o any additive is needed.
Old 29th November 2023, 19:43   #1506
BHPian

Got both my headlamps replaced 2 times under warranty since I bought the car (April 2022) due to yellowing of the DRLs from the inner edges during the first time and fusing of some DRL LEDs in the right headlamp and yellowing in the left headlamp during the second time. Mine is Prestige Plus Diesel MT. Just informing to add to the info here on the forum.
idoctor is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 11:50   #1507

It took 1 month to get the part.

Many cars were waiting for the part but I raised a complaint to KIA company in india directly. I guess it helped.
soulscout22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 20:17   #1508

Re: Kia Carens Review - led head lights

Is there a better configuration of LED bulbs for the high-end Kia Carens than those given by the company??
Old 11th December 2023, 21:15   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
It took 1 month to get the part.

Many cars were waiting for the part but I raised a complaint to KIA company in india directly. I guess it helped.
Thanks. I did raise the issue on Twitter with Kia India and they replied back asking for details. They opened a ticket and I requested them for the part (DPF Assembly) to be made available.

Is there any other better way to contact them or escalate the issue?
Old 12th December 2023, 03:33   #1510
BHPian

Quote:

I could hear the audio back when I restarted the engine after the fix.

No particular reason is given for why it happens and gets fixed by doing so, but valuable 'jugad'.
i faced similar issue and was resolved in the below manner
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5645868 (Kia Carens Review)
Old 12th December 2023, 03:43   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambabu View Post

5. Are there any performance concerns on full load? Especially while driving in hill stations.
I own luxury plus diesel auto and drove uphill on the 36 hairpin Masinagudi stretch to Ooty and did not face any lag issues in sports mode. We were four adults, two children and vehicle was stuffed with 4 suitcases.
Old 16th December 2023, 09:05   #1512
Senior - BHPian

A query. Does all the versions of the car not come with the new instrument cluster? A friend picked up a Prestige Plus this week and it had the digital meter.
Old 16th December 2023, 10:30   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
A query. Does all the versions of the car not come with the new instrument cluster? A friend picked up a Prestige Plus this week and it had the digital meter.
New digital cluster is only for the new X line matte finish variant
idoctor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 11:39   #1514

I drove from Bangalore to Chennai last night, it was raining all through. I stopped for food after about 4 hrs, and was unable to lock the car with the keyless entry button on the driver side door handle. Every time I tried, I heard a long beep but nothing happened..So I ended up locking using the remote on the key. This morning I am able to lock the car again normally without any issues. Would anyone know what might have caused the glitch last night and should I be worried?
Old 17th December 2023, 07:14   #1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoctor View Post
New digital cluster is only for the new X line matte finish variant
That is incorrect. The instrument cluster is for the entire Luxury line and the X-Line. You can verify the same on Kia's website.

See:
QUOTE=bijims;5636461]KIA Carens new feature updates
Attachment 2511408

Attachment 2511409[/quote]
AreebMKhan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks