Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2023, 16:53   #1441

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadhur View Post
Hi Friends - I recently hit the side mirror of my Carens. It was my mistake on a very busy morning - heavy traffic, school buses, rain
Service center says the original part will take one week to arrive and will cost hefty Rs.5300 + labour
I'm planning to go to the local auto market this weekend to explore some options. Any suggestions if I really need to go with Kia service center only?

Feel sorry to see it.

With due respect to learned expert if I am wrong please correct,

If only Mirror is damage and outer case and its clips (which hold the Mirror ) is not damage then you can get only the mirror changed ,as no alteration is done to its original parts and its wiring and only mirror is change, it will not hamper warranty .

And if clip is damaged or whole side mirror including outer case is damaged then it is advisable to go for replacing the whole side mirror from Kia Company , else warranty will be compromised, and Company have full right to void the warranty of car for aftermarket part installation.
If you wish to go for whole side mirror changed, then you can claim insurance also.

service adviser of car will be in best position to guide you.
Carzy_Carz30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 18:21   #1442

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadhur View Post
Hi Friends - I recently hit the side mirror of my Carens. It was my mistake on a very busy morning - heavy traffic, school buses, rain
Service center says the original part will take one week to arrive and will cost hefty Rs.5300 + labour
I'm planning to go to the local auto market this weekend to explore some options. Any suggestions if I really need to go with Kia service center only?
Update - I enquired at another Kia service center yesterday and they mentioned that ONLY the inside mirror can be changed and the part was already available with them. This morning I got it changed there at just Rs.500 (including GST & labour). It took less than a min to "hook" the mirror

Thanks to everyone for their valuable responses!!
amadhur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 01:05   #1443
BHPian

Re: DPF issue in KIA CARENS AT DIESEL NOV 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulscout22 View Post
All,
I was informed that the DPF part had to be changed completely to be able to make sure that the engine light was off. My vehicle is also under warranty.

I was told initially that it would take a week to get the part. It was then made for 15 days and is now completed for 20 days, after which the service manager informs us that there is an ETA on DPF and there is a country-wide stock issue for the DPF part in KIA India.
Being the owner of same model, I'm now worried!
I've driven 24K KMS and saw the DPF indicator only recently and it dissappeared by itself (self-regen).
But, imagine getting this error after few years. Situation would be worse.
In new models, the DPF has been replaced by new technology (AdBlue liquid) .

Looks like Kia is least bothered about production of spare parts. My colleague who had hit a stray dog is waiting from 3 weeks for repair as the SA is not able to procure few spare parts like radiator.

Quote:
Is it true that your vehicle moves in bumper-to-bumper city traffic on a daily basis and the DPF part issues persist?
Thanks
Varada Rao
As per discussions in various forums, DPF issue can come if we do more short-trips.
But in B2B traffic for longer duration, it would burn out the soot (regen), as the temperature of the DPF module will go high. So, it shouldn't be a problem.
In fact, manual regen happens while the car is parked.

Last edited by praveenkkr : 26th September 2023 at 01:09. Reason: Increase readability
Old 26th September 2023, 16:24   #1444

Yes, I did manual regeneration at 4000 kms reading. After 8000 kms, it came again and went off by itself. After the servicing at 10,000 kms, it kept coming along with engine light but did not come yesterday when I drove the car.

Can the 2022 models use adblue liquid alternatively ?
Old 26th September 2023, 17:15   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Can the 2022 models use adblue liquid alternatively ?
Theoretically possible, but Kia should come up with necessary spares again to retrofit.

Below team-bhp thread explains about DPF in simple words:

Understanding DPF-SCR-Adblue
praveenkkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 10:22   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Kia Carens MPV now gets an X-Line trim; Available in 6-seat configuration.

Petrol 7DCT - Rs 18.95 lakh
Diesel 6AT - Rs 19.45 lakh

- Xclusive Matte Graphite paint job

- Xclusive Two-Tone Black and Splendid Sage Green theme

- Exclusive to the X-Line models is a rear seat entertainment package

Kia Carens Review-20231003_102057.jpg

Kia Carens Review-20231003_102017.jpg

Kia Carens Review-20231003_102023.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 3rd October 2023 at 10:33.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 11:32   #1447
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

KIA Carens new feature updates
Kia Carens Review-screenshot_2023100311271769_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Kia Carens Review-screenshot_2023100311273073_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
bijims is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 14:16   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Petrol 7DCT - Rs 18.95 lakh
Diesel 6AT - Rs 19.45 lakh
Why is the price of Diesel 6AT Rs 50000 more than the Petrol 7DCT? In Seltos, the Xline variants of both the Diesel 6AT and the Petrol 7DCT have identical prices.
Old 3rd October 2023, 17:24   #1449
BHPian

I see the biggest change with this announcement is to the Luxury, (O) and Plus editions which now get a full Digital instrument cluster instead of the hideous segment display! With this, Luxury plus will feel like a top variant for the driver.
I would have preferred nice analog speedo & tacho with a smaller high res display, but the market seems to prefer full digital displays.
Now if they just give a top end variant without the seat back air purifier!
Old 3rd October 2023, 21:18   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic View Post
I see the biggest change with this announcement is to the Luxury, (O) and Plus editions which now get a full Digital instrument cluster instead of the hideous segment display! With this, Luxury plus will feel like a top variant for the driver.
I would have preferred nice analog speedo & tacho with a smaller high res display, but the market seems to prefer full digital displays.
Now if they just give a top end variant without the seat back air purifier!
My uncle, who picked up his Carens Luxury Plus DCT back in April is going to be fuming. He pointed out the digital speedometer and tachometer as the only flaw in the interior. He doesn't mind if the screen is digital, but he wants the dials no matter what, and so do I. I wonder if Kia could change it with a software update, like others said, this makes the interior much more premium.
#StopFullyDigitalSpeedosandTachs

Last edited by Raghav07 : 3rd October 2023 at 21:20.
Old 3rd October 2023, 21:25   #1451
BHPian

Comparison between Kia Carens X-Line and Luxury+.

Costs Rs. 50,000 more than the respective Luxury+ models. Worth it IMHO if you are a fan of the dark interiors and de-chromed exteriors.

X-Line available in automatic transmissions only (Petrol 7DCT/Diesel 6AT)
Luxury+ available in both manual (iMT) and automatic transmissions.

X-Line only comes with sage green captain seats in the 2nd row, i.e. 6 seats only. It also has black headliner (its subjective, but in my experience most luxury cars have black headliners and I like it). It's also definitely more practical to maintain for Indian (or any) conditions. X-Line also gets a new distinct black high gloss dashboard with Spatial Print.

Kia Carens Review-carens-xline-interior.jpg
Kia Carens Review-carens-xline-interior-rear.jpg
Kia Carens Review-carens-xline-interior-front.jpg

Luxury+ can be had in 6 or 7 seater in beige+navy theme (*Diesel 7 -seater misses out on sunroof).

Kia Carens Review-carens-luxury-interior.jpg
Kia Carens Review-carens-luxury-interior-rear.jpg
Kia Carens Review-carens-luxury-interior-front.jpg

X-Line gains a rear entertainment screen and a new seat back multi pocket (only for left rear passenger side and because the right side has the air purifier, it a bad implementation and eats into the knee room).

Kia Carens Review-carens-xline-interior-rear-left.jpg

Luxury+ has the same standard rear with no changes. The cabin will "feel" more airy with lighter colored interiors.

Kia Carens Review-carens-luxury-interior-rear-left.jpg

X-Line gets black treatment for front, rear, sides & roof rails, and deletes the chrome (from most places). I quite like it.

Kia Carens Review-carens-xline-exterior-front.jpg
Kia Carens Review-carens-xline-exterior.jpg

Luxury+ has chrome (and metal finish) in front, rear, sides & roof rails.

Kia Carens Review-carens-luxury-exterior.jpg
Kia Carens Review-carens-luxury-exterior-front.jpg

They have also added Solar Glass - UV Cut for pretty much all variants. This wasn't the case when I bought the car early this year and had to install sunfilm on all sides. This is a very welcome move for Indian climate! Well done Kia.

Kia Carens Review-carens-solar-glass-uv-cut.jpg

Source: https://www.kia.com/in/our-vehicles/.../showroom.html

Now if only they can strengthen the structural rigidity in the next facelift, this would be an unbeatable car for the price, even with say 10% premium.

Also shows that its best to skip the very 1st iteration of a long lifecycle product, like an automobile, as most companies almost always improve the glaring shortcomings fairly quickly. Toyota Hycross introducing 6-airbags across all variants is another case in point.
inwester is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 19:21   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_deo View Post
Why is the price of Diesel 6AT Rs 50000 more than the Petrol 7DCT?
This was not the case when the vehicle launched last year. Turbo Petrol and Diesel (at least manuals, I do not remember the price of ATs) were lauched at the same price. Kia silently widened the gap between Petrol and Diesel variants with every price hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
I wonder if Kia could change it with a software update, like others said, this makes the interior much more premium
I do not think this is possible. Only the centre part which displays menus, range, etc is LCD. The speedo and RPM displays are sort of fixed - like old calculator displays which can only display limited information. You will notice this if you take a look at the instrument cluster in bright sunlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
They have also added Solar Glass - UV Cut for pretty much all variants
This is a welcome move indeed. Given the huge glass area, this will help cool the cabin even faster. I wish I could source the glasses and replace the plain glass installed on my vehicle with this. Unfortunately, I noticed that Kia ASCs are unwilling to procure parts from other variants. I own a Prestige Plus and the stock gear knob is an eye sore. I could not make them order a gear knob from the Luxury variants. Tried multiple ASCs, none helped. Hyundai is much better in this regard.
furyrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 23:50   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
KIA Carens new feature updates
Attachment 2511408

Attachment 2511409
I hope they provide 360 camera with lane cameras showing up in the new 10.25 screen, like Seltos or Alcazar.
Old 6th October 2023, 09:15   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
This is a welcome move indeed. Given the huge glass area, this will help cool the cabin even faster. I wish I could source the glasses and replace the plain glass installed on my vehicle with this. Unfortunately, I noticed that Kia ASCs are unwilling to procure parts from other variants. I own a Prestige Plus and the stock gear knob is an eye sore. I could not make them order a gear knob from the Luxury variants. Tried multiple ASCs, none helped. Hyundai is much better in this regard.
Don't understand why they do this! This is quite unlike Maruti where senior BHPian Leoshashi ordered the whole suspension setup (including upsized new alloys) of the facelifted XL6 to replace the one in his older model.

I was interested in Carens base variant looking at how easy it is to add Cruise control from third party mods. YouTube is full of 100s of such mods successfully carried out. But worried about voiding warranty especially since Kia doesn't bother about its customers. I live in Faridabad and Kia took a full 2 weeks to send a test drive vehicle whereas 2 out of 3 Nexa dealers offered XL6 test drive the very next day.
Time_Machine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 19:43   #1455

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Comparison between Kia Carens X-Line and Luxury+.
I was about to receive delivery of my new Lux+ Turbo DCT this week but will be holding out until I can wait to receive the newer models with the updated instrument cluster and UV Cut glass. Also, I'm still confused whether I should go ahead and purchase the petrol. Given that 80% of my driving is in the city with medium-heavy traffic, should I switch the more reliable torque converter transmission in the diesel? The petrol felt much more powerful than the diesel during test drives (much more BHP with about the same torque). Diesel owners - do you struggle to reach 120 kmph after crossing 80 kmph? Have your engines become considerably noisier over time?

Would you guys recommend the 1.5 Turbo petrol or the Diesel? I drive 1.5k kms in a month. The diesel is about 40k more expensive as well.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th October 2023 at 19:50. Reason: Shortening quoted portion for better readability

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks