Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2023, 20:34   #1426

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustavguha View Post
I have tried different cables, and also bought 2 new ones, still the issue persists.

My 20k service will be coming up in a few days, will ask ASC about the same.
Is this issue resolved? I experience it whenever the vehicle hits a pothole or sudden hump.
Old 4th September 2023, 21:18   #1427
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
My family owns a Seltos and Carens.

Faced a few issues in Carens when compared to the Seltos, was curious to know of any fixes or suggestions.

1. Front AC Vents seem to emit way less airflow and I can never get the vents aligned properly to transmit cool air satisfactorily, especially the left vent for the driver.

2. Front seatbelts whack against the plastics and create a lot of noise.

3. Rattle coming from rear right interior door handle area.
Old 5th September 2023, 00:05   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_to_be View Post
Try changing your data cable and see if the issue persists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aligncheeta View Post
Is this issue resolved? I experience it whenever the vehicle hits a pothole or sudden hump.
I am using an original Apple cable now, and this seems to have solved issue for now!

I have faced this issue at random intervals, nothing related to potholes or bumps.

Last edited by kaustavguha : 5th September 2023 at 00:10. Reason: Re-Quote
kaustavguha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 15:03   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnutfrombanga View Post
Hello Everyone,
My family owns a Seltos and Carens.

Faced a few issues in Carens when compared to the Seltos, was curious to know of any fixes or suggestions.

1. Front AC Vents seem to emit way less airflow and I can never get the vents aligned properly to transmit cool air satisfactorily, especially the left vent for the driver.

2. Front seatbelts whack against the plastics and create a lot of noise.

3. Rattle coming from rear right interior door handle area.
1. In fact I thought the front AC vents were too powerful to operate even at the lowest of the air blow levels. You should get it checked. The alignment is a little weird but I got used to them gradually.

2. Have you installed the Carens badging soft covers for those? They don't allow the whole seatbelt to go back when not operating. You will have to manually adjust the seatbelt to it's resting position. If you have not installed any accessory, still try to manually de-tension the seat belt and see if the problem persists.

3. In my 17000 Kms of driving Carens, the only rattles I've observed is when there are some articles placed in any of the pockets (door or dash or near gear knobs). If there is nothing placed anywhere, there is absolutely no rattle whatsoever. Check if there is something placed in the door pockets, if not, then you should get it checked at SVC. It would be more or less something loose inside the doors and no big deal.
guru_to_be is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 13:08   #1430

In some third party sites, there has been news of an impending face-lift/ new top end variant launch of Carens which would include ADAS. Seems logical too that after Seltos, Carens would get ADAS. Timeline indicated was late Sep 2023.

The time is nigh, but there seems to be radio silence all around.

Am wondering if I wait for an ADAS enabled, front bumper and headlights issue resolved Carens OR follow through on a feature compromised booking of Maruti Invicto Zeta+. Am in the market for a 7 seater petrol/hybrid with a bench 2nd row and decent enough 3rd row for a 6ft passenger. Can't afford the waiting period of the Vx O Hycross.
Old 9th September 2023, 13:40   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardarji View Post
In some third party sites, there has been news of an impending face-lift/ new top end variant launch of Carens which would include ADAS. Seems logical too that after Seltos, Carens would get ADAS. Timeline indicated was late Sep 2023.

The time is nigh, but there seems to be radio silence all around.
Carens facelift is not coming this year. As a matter of fact only the Seltos facelift was planned this year followed by the Sonet facelift early next year. However, with the Nexon facelift heating the sub-compact SUV segement, Kia is now gearing up to launch the Sonet facelift in Q4 of 2023. Carens has no real competition to speak of. Ertiga is a segment lower. Hence, Carens facelift can only happen in Q2 of 2024.
Old 9th September 2023, 13:49   #1432
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a base model Carens doing test runs around Anantapur. It had a heavily cracked windshield but otherwise didn’t look any different from the current model. Also saw a camouflaged new Sonet going the other way.

Kia Carens Review-img_0158.jpeg

Kia Carens Review-20230909_125546.jpg

Last edited by ashis89 : 9th September 2023 at 13:54.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 07:45   #1433

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Saw a base model Carens doing test runs around Anantapur. It had a heavily cracked windshield but otherwise didn’t look any different from the current model. Also saw a camouflaged new Sonet going the other way.

Attachment 2501104

Attachment 2501112
Base model of existing Carens also comes with shark fin antenna and silver colour on the back bumper. Can this be a new lower variant for taxi segment?
Old 13th September 2023, 09:05   #1434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoDIYer View Post
Base model of existing Carens also comes with shark fin antenna and silver colour on the back bumper. Can this be a new lower variant for taxi segment?
Premium(base) model doesn't come with shark fin antenna and silver garnish on rear bumper.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 14:34   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Premium(base) model doesn't come with shark fin antenna and silver garnish on rear bumper.
+1. Also, Intense Red colour is only available from Prestige Plus
Old 20th September 2023, 20:50   #1436

Hi Friends - I recently hit the side mirror of my Carens. It was my mistake on a very busy morning - heavy traffic, school buses, rain
Service center says the original part will take one week to arrive and will cost hefty Rs.5300 + labour
I'm planning to go to the local auto market this weekend to explore some options. Any suggestions if I really need to go with Kia service center only?
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carens Review-carens.jpeg  

Old 20th September 2023, 21:29   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadhur View Post
Any suggestions if I really need to go with Kia service center only?
I think yes or else they’ll say your warranty is void since you got an aftermarket part installed. Would love to hear from other owners in case I’m wrong.
idoctor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 16:53   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
A quick question to all the Carens 1.5 Turbo DCT owners on the forum,

What is the average fuel economy and the highest fuel economy in the city and highway?

In case you have a 1.4 Turbo DCT, your response is encouraged, but I would like to know from the 1.5 Turbo owners.
We got the Carens 1.5 DCT petrol, prestige plus variant in May 2023. Our use is 70% city (Mumbai) and 30% highways, which include runs to Lonavala / Pune. In the city we have not see more than 9kmpl. Traffic makes is worse, I have seen as low as 3-5-4 kmpl for a 10 kms drive. Highway runs are with 5 adults + 2 kids and luggage. On a 100 kms Lonavala run which includes expressway, we get about 12-13 kmpl. We follow speed limits everywhere, viz. 120 kmph max on the E-way and 80 kmph on road like the easter freeway etc.
BHPjunkie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 10:16   #1439

DPF issue in KIA CARENS AT DIESEL NOV 2022

All,

I have completed 10,000 kms on the new KIA CARENS 6S AT DIESEL since buying it in November 2022. I saw the DPF regeneration message once, around 4000 km, and followed the manual procedure. Around the 8000 km mark, I saw the DPF light again, but it had vanished by itself. After completing 10,000 km, I have seen the engine light come up along with the DPF light again. When I went for the first paid service at the AUTOMOTIVE KIA service centre in Miyapur on August 30, 2023, I was informed that the DPF part had to be changed completely to be able to make sure that the engine light was off. My vehicle is also under warranty.

I was told initially that it would take a week to get the part. It was then made for 15 days and is now completed for 20 days, after which the service manager informs us that there is an ETA on DPF and there is a country-wide stock issue for the DPF part in KIA India.

I would like to listen to other subscribers who have faced similar problems and had issues procuring the parts concerned.

Is it true that your vehicle moves in bumper-to-bumper city traffic on a daily basis and the DPF part issues persist?
Thanks
Varada Rao
Old 23rd September 2023, 16:16   #1440

Respected TeamBHP Members and Carens Owners,

I have a Query with regards to timing belt/chain.
Like to know whether Kia Carens 1.4 Turbo Petrol comes with a timing chain or a Belt

and changing intervals of,
1. Timing Belt /Chain.
2. Fan Belt.

Appreciate if you could put some light on my query.

Thanks and Regards,
Carzy_Carz30

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks