Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2024, 19:06   #661
BHPian

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Insurance related query

For those of you who have renewed your insurance, can you please let me know a ballpark figure?

I have received quotes ranging between 49k to 65k for IDV between 29 lakhs to 32 lakhs....any suggestions on key inclusions I MUST have?

Thank you!
Old 5th January 2024, 23:00   #662

Hey,

So for an IDV value of 31,60,000 I paid an insurance premium of 51,772 including zero dep, consumables and engine cover. I had claimed insurance so had 0% no claim bonus.

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th February 2024 at 04:53. Reason: Deleting “ ….”. Adding punctuation.
OnceUponARohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:48   #663
BHPian

Pollution Control Certificate - Jeep Meridian not listed in options!

Our Meridian is a year old and we had to get the Pollution Certificate - at the centre, they could not find Jeep Meridian and so we chose Jeep Compass instead! Will this be a problem?

Has anybody been able to get the certificate indicating it is a Jeep Meridian?
Old 30th January 2024, 10:03   #664
BHPian

Meridian vs Compass driving ergonomics--
Hi Folks,

I own a Compass Model-S Diesel 4x4 Automatic and planning to upgrade to a bigger ride and meridian been in mind for a while.

I am curious to know the ergonomics around the driver seat of Meridian in comparison to Compass.

1. How is the Meridian's driver seat in comparison to Compass? Is it positioned a bit higher in comparison to compass? If yes, how high would that be if we compare it with other bigger vehicles, e.g. Fortuner, Endeavour? Would it achieve the same hight as of fortuner if set to max height position?

2. I find compass A-pedal a bit cramped & placed too close to the B-pedal and should have been placed few cms towards right. Maybe it's placed in such a manner due to lack of space in that area. How is that space between A & B pedal in Meridian? Is it same as Compass?

Reason I ask this-> Driving compass on long journeys (say more than 500/600 km), I get a bit of knee pain. Even after tweaking the seat/thigh height settings, I simply don't able to achieve the best possible combo and felt it would have been lot more comfortable if A-pedal is placed a bit towards right, say 3/4cm. Whereas, on my recent long road trip, I got a chance to drive the Toyota Fortuner of my cousin brother and surprisingly A-pedal ergonomics were just spot on and have enough rooms for my right leg to be comfortably placed around. Just wondering if it's the same case with other bigger rides too.

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th February 2024 at 04:55. Reason: Clean up edits. Typo; spacing. Please use caps where needed. Thanks.
Old 8th February 2024, 13:12   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Independent View Post
Meridian vs Compass driving ergonomics
I own a Compass Model-S Diesel 4x4 Automatic and planning to upgrade to a bigger ride and meridian been in mind for a while.
Not sure if its going to help you as I don't have comparison with compass at the level of detail you are looking. However, in my long drives (750+ in a day) I haven’t felt knee pain in Jeep Meridian.

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th February 2024 at 13:45. Reason: Quoted part trimmed
DriveToDiscover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 00:00   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveToDiscover View Post
Not sure if its going to help you as I don't have comparison with compass at the level of detail you are looking. However, in my long drives (750+ in a day) I haven’t felt knee pain in Jeep Meridian.
Thank you for the response. I get a feeling that one ought to press the A-pedal a bit hard to get the vehicle going especially in quick overtakes or to attain highway cruising speed from standstill (thanks to it's dimwitted throttle response) and that might be playing some role to knee pain in long rides.

How is the acceleration/ throttle response in Meridian in comparison to compass? I know the power figures on paper are more or less same, as it's the same engine at end of the day. But is the lag same as compass?

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th February 2024 at 04:53. Reason: Minor clean up edits (spacing).
Old 22nd February 2024, 19:36   #667

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
Insurance related query

For those of you who have renewed your insurance, can you please let me know a ballpark figure?

I have received quotes ranging between 49k to 65k for IDV between 29 lakhs to 32 lakhs....any suggestions on key inclusions I MUST have?
I took a 31 lakhs IDV and the premium came to 47k, Nil Dep, Comprehensive, Engine Bay, all bells and whistles included bumper to bumper.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd February 2024 at 19:40. Reason: Small typo :)
harishnavuluru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 19:05   #668

Need a suggestion from Meridian owners!!

I have a 2 month old Meridian which has clocked approx. 3000 kms. Off late, I am noticing rattling sound and I know for a fact that some of the Meridian owners have faced this issue.

Should I wait for my first basic service check (6 month/ 5000 kms) or raise the issue with the Jeep service team now itself?

And what are the various fixes that have worked for you to reduce/eliminate the rattling noise?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Last edited by Axe77 : 16th March 2024 at 19:33. Reason: Spacing. Caps.
Old 31st March 2024, 22:05   #669
BHPian

It's been a long time since I last visited this thread and the forum. I dropped by to say hi to the enthusiasts here. I just wanted to let people know that my Meridian is going strong at the age of 1 year and 3 months. The smile I used to get when it was new is still there. Every time I step into the car, I thank myself for the decision to buy this amazing car. My drive is not very long; it has mostly been used for office commutes and some small road trips. I am still at around 15,000 KM on my odometer, and it feels like I need to take it for longer rides and get the most of it. I think those who plan on buying it or are considering it should not think about any issues or doubts. It has plenty of space, feels super premium from inside and out, and has a very comfortable ride quality.

Thanks and happy motoring.
zepp1108 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 09:44   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepp1108 View Post
It's been a long time since I last visited this thread and the forum. I dropped by to say hi to the enthusiasts here.
Same here. Been a long time since I posted here. My Meridian is now 6 months old and I've done 11,000 kms till now. The car is used only on weekends and for highway drives. For office commutes, we have 2 small cars at home.

I recently got an opportunity to test drive the Kodiaq for a friend looking to buy a car. That car is a totally different experience compared to the Meridian. It feels like a small sports car with really good engine, transmission and dynamics. It's hard to believe the way that car masks its size. May I dare say that the engine+transmission feel is very similar to my wife's GT - 1.2TSI with DSG.

The Meridian, on the other hand, feels like a tank. Every part of the car has been designed to make it feel big, heavy and substantial. It gives you the confidence to take the car anywhere. The transmission is lazy if you try to drive it too spiritedly but if you like to munch miles while being cocooned in luxurious interiors with a magic carpet ride, the diesel drive-train has a certain charm to it that I have developed a taste for in these 10,000 kms of ownership.

Here's a snap of 11111 kms on the odo.
Jeep Meridian Review-image_123650291.jpg
anshumandun is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks