Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2023, 12:23   #631
BHPian

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Jeeplife begins

The panoramic sunroof just enhances the cabin feel so much further. For all those who think that sunroofs are a waste in India, just go to a scenic place and experience clear skies or rainfall or snowfall from the back seat and you will never buy a car without a glass roof.

The Alpine audio system is really good once you play with the equaliser a bit. Crisp and clear at both low and high volumes.

The heavy doors, heavy hood, heavy sun blinds, heavy everything: the car is designed to feel like a tank. Build quality is at a whole different level.

Congrats and welcome to the #JeepLife!

Agree with all the pointers above, Build quality, Fit & Finish is in the same league of the Germans in this side of 50lakhs!

Its a pity people equate size of the vehicle to the price of the vehicle. Case in point Compass to say Seltos/Creta. What they miss is the build quality and material quality.

I sincerely hope that Jeep survives in India unlike other Americans you mentioned in your post. For that to happen, they need more products and expand the dealerships to Tier-II cities. Fingers crossed

Last edited by Axe77 : 7th November 2023 at 10:47. Reason: Fixing quoted text and some minor typo. Also, spacing paras.
Quicksilver85 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 16:41   #632
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride! The Green looks amazing! Great to see BH registration from a Bangalore RTO, have they relaxed the rule there?
Old 6th November 2023, 17:13   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Attachment 2526338
Jeeplife begins
Congrats on owning the beauty, wishing an adventurous Jeep life.

By the way, your Meridian bears BH registration, i thought the state is not issuing this plate to private consumers.
Old 7th November 2023, 10:31   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid18 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride! The Green looks amazing! Great to see BH registration from a Bangalore RTO, have they relaxed the rule there?
Thanks. The car is black (Brilliant Black in Jeep terminology).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Congrats on owning the beauty, wishing an adventurous Jeep life.

By the way, your Meridian bears BH registration, i thought the state is not issuing this plate to private consumers.
Thanks. I got the car registered on my wife's name. She is a central govt. employee so BH registration was easy.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 12:08   #635
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! More than anything, I liked the fact that Jeep does not push customers to take their insurance. Was pleasantly surprised that it has been put up as a signage too. Now, that is being customer centric where you definitely think they have to be customer centric. I hope they did not push you to buy those accessories as well. Wish you happy miles ahead!
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 15:50   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Congratulations! More than anything, I liked the fact that Jeep does not push customers to take their insurance. Was pleasantly surprised that it has been put up as a signage too. Now, that is being customer centric where you definitely think they have to be customer centric. I hope they did not push you to buy those accessories as well. Wish you happy miles ahead!
Yup, it was a very customer-centric approach from Jeep as far as my experience goes. Some of the accesories like mats, mud flaps, neck pillows, car perfume were given complimentary. I opted for side step and was given a good discount on that too. Overall a very pleasant experience dealing with Jeep and PPS.

It's just that people write only when things go wrong and that is creating a negative image for the brand as well as the product. In my limited experience, the Meridian is a very competent product and Jeep is a good customer-centric brand. I hope things stay that way for me
anshumandun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 19:43   #637
BHPian

Great choice, I liked the pictures of the black beauty. Jeep 2.0 Diesel engine is super smooth and 9 speed gearbox works good. The suspension set up is super amazing. In all I feel Meridian is overall good package.

Welcome to Jeeplife !!
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 07:39   #638

Amazing photos! I have the same colour, the car looks stunning. Welcome to the Jeep life.

Also I recently sent my Meridian for its 1st year service and the SA told me there's an alternator pulley recall for the battery for any car that has been driven for 10,000+ KMs. For cars below 10,000 they are fixing it. Has anyone else here heard of the same ?

Also any good recommendations on the cross bars for the Meridian ? I don't know if a Thule crossbar fits.
OnceUponARohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 16:02   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponARohan View Post
Also any good recommendations on the cross bars for the Meridian ? I don't know if a Thule crossbar fits.
Did you look at the OEM Jeep accessory? It costs around 20k and does not hinder the movement of the sunroof. I am also looking at cross bar options for my car but haven't finalized anything yet.
Old 12th November 2023, 09:10   #640

The official cross bars are for about 35k I think, that’s what Jeep landmark quoted me..
Old 12th November 2023, 13:47   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponARohan View Post
Amazing photos! I have the same colour, the car looks stunning. Welcome to the Jeep life.

Also I recently sent my Meridian for its 1st year service and the SA told me there's an alternator pulley recall for the battery for any car that has been driven for 10,000+ KMs. For cars below 10,000 they are fixing it. Has anyone else here heard of the same ?

I am planning to buy Meridian Limited shortly. The SA told me that Jeep doesn't have any concept of free service for the first year and hence is selling a Service pack of approx 42 k for the first 3 years which will cover some 3-4 services. He also tells me that this service pack would be valid at all Jeep centres in India. I just wanted to check with Jeep buyers here if this is true .
Thanks in advance.
Old 12th November 2023, 21:06   #642
BHPian

Such a beautiful car, Anshuman. I just wish Jeep priced it sensibly and provided a better engine. I know the power is adequate but you're paying 40L+, adequate just doesn't cut it. They need to give at least 400NM in this elephant of a car.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 07:33   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
Such a beautiful car, Anshuman. I just wish Jeep priced it sensibly and provided a better engine. I know the power is adequate but you're paying 40L+, adequate just doesn't cut it. They need to give at least 400NM in this elephant of a car.
I get your point on the engine being bigger because you're paying a lot but the only place I felt it was an uphill climb in Theog with 6/7 seats occupied... otherwise power came to me whenever I wanted it. I'd rather ask for paddle shifters and a faster, more responsive gear box. Coming from a 3 series, I do miss that versatility a lot.
OnceUponARohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 14:38   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
I am planning to buy Meridian Limited shortly. The SA told me that Jeep doesn't have any concept of free service for the first year and hence is selling a Service pack of approx 42 k for the first 3 years which will cover some 3-4 services. He also tells me that this service pack would be valid at all Jeep centres in India. I just wanted to check with Jeep buyers here if this is true .
Thanks in advance.
The labour is free for first inspection (6 months) and 1st service (1 year). Thereafter it is paid. I checked this on jeep life app.

I have also been told about the 42k service pack for 3 years but I have not taken it till now. Wheel balancing and alignment is not included in this pack which comes to around 2k per service. So all included, this pack comes to 16k per year. This is almost same as paying every year for each service (according to service cost calculator in jeeplife app).
Old 15th November 2023, 00:06   #645

Faced a situation today and looking for some advice from all you experts. After switching off the ignition, the engine took almost 5 mins to go off. Dashboard went off immediately as normally one would expect. Is this normal? If not, anyone can point out what could be possibly wrong? Do I need to pay a service center visit?

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th November 2023 at 04:37. Reason: Caps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks