Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2023, 18:49   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwar19 View Post
If its the door hinges, then how come all four doors have the same problem? It should be in only one door right?
Agreed. Also, as clarified by you, the demo car made no such creaking sound when it received the doors from your car (hinges too).

This points to some other source of the noise, a loose harness/cable or some other component.

I really wish your issue gets resolved soon so that you can enjoy the car in the way you imagined prior to the purchase.
Old 31st July 2023, 10:37   #587
BHPian

@starwar19
I can feel your pain as I went through something similar within few weeks of my Meridian purchase. Have a detailed post in this forum on that. I escalated the issue to Stellantis and on twitter to force Landmark to pay attention to it. They did call a Jeep Doctor in my case as well I think. Thankfully my issue was resolved on the third visit to the service centre and the car has been trouble free since then.
Jainudit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 16:16   #588
BANNED

The X variant of the Jeep Meridian gets the lowest price hike of Rs. 42,000, followed by the entry-level Limited (O) 4x2 MT, with an increase of Rs. 45,000. The Limited (O) 4x2 AT and Limited Plus 4x2 AT have now become dearer by Rs. 47,000 and Rs. 48,000, respectively. Then, the top-end Limited (O) 4x4 AT and Limited Plus 4x4 AT receive a uniform hike of Rs. 51,000. Meanwhile, the Meridian Upland edition witnesses a revision of Rs. 3.14 lakh.

Source: https://www.carwale.com/news/jeep-me...o-rs-314-lakh/
Old 6th August 2023, 09:05   #589
BHPian

@starwar19

It feels really bad to see you suffering this much. This must be one off cases of a badly manufactured unit. My Jeep Meridian is running really strong. I recently went on a day trip Gurgaon-Lucknow and back - no niggles at all. I have done a total of 10k KMs. After 8 months I still enjoy it as it were bought just yesterday.

I hope you get over the issue and pain really soon. It’s really important that the Jeep Servicing leaves a good taste, even if you decide to sell off the car.
zepp1108 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 21:08   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepp1108 View Post
I hope you get over the issue and pain really soon. It’s really important that the Jeep Servicing leaves a good taste, even if you decide to sell off the car.
I have been following your Ownership thread regularly. There is pure envy, you have got very lucky. Owning a trouble free Jeep is nothing short of fairy tale to me.

The Service Centre is very incompetent and ill-informed about the Product. The Service Personnel himself confessed that due to my car they got to learn a lot.

Quick Update:- Jeep had advised to dismantle the whole cars like removing all four doors, roof lining, tail-gate, etc. They took numerous trials but the noise didn't go except for removing all four doors. Senior Executive from Jeep is visiting to Inspect my car. Likely solution is replacing the whole Body/chasis.
Do you think it is possible to replace a chasis as the chasis number registered with the RTO is very Important.

Their Diagnosis and Processes on my New 4 Months old car is ripping my heart.

Meanwhile have test driven the Ioniq 5. This EV can save me a lot of bucks on running costs, Innova Hycross and XUV 700 test drives to follow.
Do you think Ioniq 5 can be a suitable option?

Last edited by Starwar19 : 7th August 2023 at 21:18. Reason: Addition to the Post
Starwar19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 11:14   #591
BHPian

Guys

My brother and nephew took their Jeep Compass and Meridian to Leh. Somewhere around Chumathang the Meridian broke down (The Jeep Compass completed the journey). It took quite the effort to get a flat bed truck to take it to Srinagar. Its been 53 days and counting at Srinagar. No repair yet.

Link to thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...iving-leh.html (Jeep Meridian got damaged while driving in Leh)

Can the service of a vehicle be so bad?? What an awesome product and what a pathetic service.

Cheers
Rajain
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Meridian Review-screenshot-20230809-11.11.05-am.png  

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd September 2023 at 17:42. Reason: Thread link added
Rajain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 08:50   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Its been 53 days and counting at Srinagar. No repair yet.
Can the service of a vehicle be so bad?? What an awesome product and what a pathetic service.
Could you elaborate a little more on the problem? Also i would give you a quick suggestion based on my experience, keep calling the stellantis contact number. They have a system of raising E-ticket for every call that you do to Stellantis. This E-ticket means that they have to right the reason for your call and the resolution given. After this E-Ticket, the executive whom you complain takes a rigorous follow up with the workshop and the workshop will call you as well. Maybe this will help you escalate a little bit. (Though both ends are very casual about the problems!)

Also if it is lying around for so many days, Ask for the Loner Car. Post 96 hours of your car staying at their workshop, they are bound to give you a Loner car. Compass Diesel is the loner car at my nearest Dealership. This also might reduce your inconvenience and dealership also gets on his toes to resolve your car as to, retain their loner vehicle.
Starwar19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 10:41   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
With so many instances of breakdowns/issues reported when number of Meridians sold are relatively few, I wouldn't call it as 'awesome product'. Car seems to be just not reliable!
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 10:49   #594
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I was so sold on this vehicle for the overall package it offers. But, after reading all these posts, I must say that it h as scared me. The savings of 10 lakhs over the fortune will no longer be appealing, if one has to start dealing with unresolved problems like this.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 11:26   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The savings of 10 lakhs over the fortune will no longer be appealing, if one has to start dealing with unresolved problems like this.
With the recent price hike, Meridian 4x4 AT is just about 3-4 lac cheaper than Fortuner 4x4 AT.
Old 13th August 2023, 13:04   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
With the recent price hike, Meridian 4x4 AT is just about 3-4 lac cheaper than Fortuner 4x4 AT.
But it is always available with extra discounts. That's why I thought close to a 9 lakhs savings.

End of the day, when one spends close to 50 lakhs, least we can get is peace of mind. No matter what people say about german cars. My BMW X3 which I bought brand new in 2015 has clocked around 80K kms without any repairs. Only routine maintenance.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 12:59   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile have test driven the Ioniq 5. This EV can save me a lot of bucks on running costs, Innova Hycross and XUV 700 test drives to follow.
Do you think Ioniq 5 can be a suitable option
Why not try the Tucson diesel? Innova hycross does not seem like the fit to your industry looks that you mentioned earlier. The engine is great and there does not seem to be much issues. Else the next I can think of is the XUV700 or the Compass(if you're willing to trust FCA again). Else, pre-owned will get you a lot of choices from minimal used X3 30ds to Q3 or even less run Kodiaq/Superb diesels.
100Kmphormore is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 15:26   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The savings of 10 lakhs over the fortune will no longer be appealing, if one has to start dealing with unresolved problems like this.
The issue is that Fourtuner and Meridian are two very different vehicles. Fortuner is a body on frame, while Meridian is monocoque. Fortuner will have a truck-like bumpy ride, substantial body roll on winding roads, and boring interiors. The ride quality and driving pleasure Meridian offers had no match price point has no match except C5 Aircross (which has a glaring lack of features and 3 individual back seats).

As a Meridian owner, I had spent my fair share of time pondering over the choices I had. I believe buying a vehicle on reliability alone is not worth it. Even if the car spends 1 month every year in the service center, that's just 8% of ownership time. It doesn't make sense to buy something you wouldn't enjoy driving and something that wouldn't be comfortable for you and your family. It's better to go to a higher segment or buy something from a lower segment instead.

Despite reliability and service issues, Meridian still has a unique offering that no other option at the moment offers.
shashankjain16 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 17:10   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankjain16 View Post
The issue is that Fourtuner and Meridian are two very different vehicles
I am definitely aware of that, and my pick was always the Meridian over the Fortuner despite the lack of road presence etc. What I meant was that lack of reliability cannot be overlooked whatever other advantages the Meridian has over the Fortuner.
Old 26th August 2023, 14:28   #600
BHPian

I first saw title of this thread on Facebook and immediately my thought was this is exactly the reason people buy Fortuner.

I read through your post and would suggest selling the car and switching to Fortuner or Tucson Diesel. It's not worth the mental agony to get these issues fixed. Knowing Jeep from office folks I can safely say either Jeep works or it doesn't work and in most cases it is the latter.

Or keep after Jeep and create lot of noise to get permanent solution. Good Luck.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks