Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2023, 12:24   #601

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and planning to buy a Jeep Meridian. Looking for some guidance/advice from the experts in this forum for the same. Jeep Meridian is going to be my first car.

The showroom guys in Bangalore are offering a cash discount of Rs.55,000 over the listed price of Rs.35,32,000 for the Limited (0) 4*2 AT. I tried bargaining over the Handling charges of Rs.10K, but they're not budging. They initially quoted an insurance price of Rs.1.9Lakhs, but have reduced it to Rs.1.1 Lakhs after discussion. Looking for some advice on what I should look for in the insurance. The showroom manager said that he can reduce the insurance cost by another 20K. I'm wondering if they'd be compromising on what's covered by the insurance at this reduced cost. Any advice on this?

Also, if anyone who bought a Jeep Meridian in Bangalore can share if they got any corporate discount, it would be great. I saw in this thread that some folks have got Rs.30K as corporate discount, but my showroom guy is offering only 15K. Not sure if this dependent on the city.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th October 2023 at 11:29. Reason: minor spacing
Old 3rd September 2023, 09:11   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Guys

My brother and nephew took their Jeep Compass and Meridian to Leh. Somewhere around Chumathang the Meridian broke down (The Jeep Compass completed the journey). It took quite the effort to get a flat bed truck to take it to Srinagar. Its been 53 days and counting at Srinagar. No repair yet.

Can the service of a vehicle be so bad?? What an awesome product and what a pathetic service.

Cheers
Rajain
Just to update this. It has been over 70 days and the vehicle continues to be at the workshop. While the workshop has said it will be done and ready in the 'few days', the people in the family are waiting to receive their call to go and get the vehicle back.

I shall keep this forum posted on the continued 'awesome' experience.

Cheers
Rajain

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th September 2023 at 09:17. Reason: Poorly typed post. Editing for punctuation and remove extra dots.
Rajain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 10:41   #603
BHPian

A quick update on a pleasant experience with a Jeep Service centre!

Our family of 3 (with a 8-year old) was on the way from Bengaluru to Coimbatore when we noticed the Engine light on & the acceleration was low - this was about 40 km from Salem. We were quite worried and apprehensive after having read so many incidents regarding Jeep!

We called the service centre in Bengaluru seeking advise but they were non committal and asked us to call the Toll free number and visit the nearest service centre.

We looked on Google and found the nearest one to be in Salem - True Sai and we called the number on google - the person at the other end (Mr. Vignesh - customer service head) was very courteous and asked us about the issue, requested us to drive in if we did not have any issues with driving and/or braking. Once we reached the centre, they took up our vehicle immediately and ran some diagnostics & turns out it was the DPF clogging - no other codes came up...they were able to rectify the issue as we sat in their service centre (simple, decent set up - water was offered) and we could leave the place in just an hour! Extremely impressed with Vignesh's team and the way they attended to our request immediately -- we did not have to pay a single rupee for any of this.

We were actually worried after having read so many horror stories and this was a pleasant experience - hence, decided to post it here so that anybody who needs to use Jeep service in that area is aware of this.

Other than this issue, the Meridian was a pure delight and we loved the drive and the comfort it offered us during our Bengaluru - Coimbatore - Palakkad - Bengaluru road trip over the weekend.

Last edited by car-o-holic : 4th September 2023 at 10:43. Reason: Typo corrected
car-o-holic is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 14:55   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
Once we reached the centre, they took up our vehicle immediately and ran some diagnostics & turns out it was the DPF clogging
Did they mention why the clogging happened? I am planning for a long trip later this month and am quite worried about the DPF issue especially since last few months all my driving has been inside the city .
Old 5th September 2023, 08:22   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Did they mention why the clogging happened? I am planning for a long trip later this month and am quite worried about the DPF issue especially since last few months all my driving has been inside the city .
This was very much the reason we had this issue! Last couple of months, it has only been city driving in Bengaluru due to some personal circumstances. You could maybe speak to the Jeep service centre and check with them if a pre-check for this can be done before you start your journey?

Reason for clogging as stated by their mechanic is that the vehicle had not even touched 100 km speed in the last 1000+ km.

Last edited by car-o-holic : 5th September 2023 at 08:25. Reason: Added clogging reason
car-o-holic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 14:45   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Just to update this. It has been over 70 days and the vehicle continues to be at the workshop. While the workshop has said it will be done and ready in the 'few days', the people in the family are waiting to receive their call to go and get the vehicle back.

I shall keep this forum posted on the continued 'awesome' experience.

Cheers
Rajain
An update. The car was finally returned after 78 days at the workshop. Full 100% covered by insurance. Ten weeks is a very long time to fix any vehicle and that too when it is far away from home (in this case being Haryana). All of this with hundreds of phone calls, many dozens of emails, escalations and cc to pretty much everyone in Jeep and the insurance company.

When they were handing over the Meridian at the workshop it felt nice any other minor issues the family felt could be addressed back in Haryana.

It has certainly not been an top class experience owning the vehicle and above all the support if something happens. Though I should say after so many days the vehicle felt like new!

Anyway, just thought of reporting it back here. Appreciate the support of many of you.

Cheers
Rajain

Last edited by Rajain : 9th September 2023 at 14:57. Reason: Added sentence
Rajain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 15:18   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, just thought of reporting it back here.
What exactly was the cause of break down? As asked by other forum members as well, adequate information can help somone else in the future as well.
Old 9th September 2023, 17:38   #608
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hmm Scary. When I purchased a new BMW X3 in 2015, I was apprehensive about the "german" reliability. But 8,years and 75K kms later, I haven not had a single repair. Only routine service. Meredian was on my list as it a fantastic package, but as I read more about it, starting to get worried.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 10:15   #609
BHPian

On the auspicious ocassion of Vishwakarma Pooja, I wish and pray that everyone stays and drives safe and their vehicles remain in good health. And may you buy your dream cars very soon.

May Meridian sell in good numbers, lol
zepp1108 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 16:25   #610

Hi All,

Happy to be a part of this forum. Have been an avid reader for the last 7-8 years.

Happy to share that I will be bringing a Jeep Meridian home next week. Would like to thank this forum which has helped me zero in on the decision.

Will definitely share my experience with the car once I have spent enough time with it.
sam_rnc is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 10:06   #611
Senior - BHPian

I saw a Meridian test mule near Dairy circle, Bangalore (could not take a snap). Is Meridian facelift on cards?
Old 26th September 2023, 08:46   #612

Hello All,

This is my first post in this awesome forum. You guys are simply amazing, helped me to decide what I want in my next car by sharing real experiences and variety of facts. Big thank you.

I got mine 4x4 in velvet red colour two weeks back and just loving the driving experience it gives. I am enjoying it being a headturner ☺️

One question: Getting this quote for maintenance package 42K c for three years, 65K c for 4 years and 1L+ for 5 years. What is the advice here? Is the price jump from 4th year to 5th year justified? What should be my expectation of service cost without maintenance package?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th October 2023 at 11:29. Reason: minor spacing
DriveToDiscover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 12:45   #613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveToDiscover View Post
One question: Getting this quote for maintenance package 42K c for three years, 65K c for 4 years and 1L+ for 5 years. What is the advice here? Is the price jump from 4th year to 5th year justified? What should be my expectation of service cost without maintenance package?
Is this offered by Jeep or the dealer?

For Compass, 5th year service schedule includes timing belt replacement and this pulls up the cost. It might be the same with Meridian as well.

I am not sure why it is 23K for the 4th year though, check the maintenance schedule in the service manual and then decide.
Old 26th September 2023, 13:06   #614

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Is this offered by Jeep or the dealer?
Sales person has given me this quote. Curious what is the difference between Jeep or dealer? I was under impression if sales person is offering, it ought to be from Jeep. If suppose its offered at dealership level, will other dealers and their service center honour it?
Old 26th September 2023, 13:39   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveToDiscover View Post
Sales person has given me this quote. Curious what is the difference between Jeep or dealer? I was under impression if sales person is offering, it ought to be from Jeep. If suppose its offered at dealership level, will other dealers and their service center honour it?
If its a dealer specific maintenance plan, then I doubt that it will be applicable at any other service outlets. You will have to stick to the same service center or the ones owned by the same dealer. Better to get this verified.

If you don't have plans to relocate to another city, then this might work for you as well.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks