Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2023, 00:48   #646

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveToDiscover View Post
faced a situation today and looking for some advice from all you experts. After switching off the ignition, the engine took almost 5 mins to go off. Dashboard went off immediately as normally one would expect. Is this normal? If not, anyone can point out what could be possibly wrong? Do I need to pay a service center visit?
I believe it is due to DEF regeneration process is in progress when the ignition is switched off. Usually when ignition is switched off during the DEF regeneration, you will hear sound from the engine bay till the process is complete.
Motupallee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 20:18   #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motupallee View Post
I believe it is due to DEF regeneration process is in progress when the ignition is switched off. Usually when ignition is switched off during the DEF regeneration, you will hear sound from the engine bay till the process is complete.
Thanks for this information , quite relieved.
Seems it’s a miss at my side me to notice any notification in dashboard. Is there a way I can confirm, if it was definitely DEF?
Old 17th November 2023, 00:06   #648

Any idea how much year end discount is being offered by Jeep on Meridian ? Specially in Mumbai.
Old 17th November 2023, 10:19   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
Any idea how much year end discount is being offered by Jeep on Meridian ? Specially in Mumbai.
One of my family friend has been offered a discount in the range of around 2-2.5 lakhs from the company. The Jodhpur dealer is offering an additional 1 lakh discount. This is for the new Overland variant, and it is not to clear the dealer stock, as the car has a waiting period of around a month. So I would expect discounts of at least around 2 lakhs in Mumbai as well.
B747fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 22:52   #650

Quote:
Thanks for this information , quite relieved.
Seems it’s a miss at my side me to notice any notification in dashboard. Is there a way I can confirm, if it was definitely DEF?
When the Regeneration happens, you will see the attached message in the drivers dashboard..!!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Meridian Review-whatsapp-image-20231118-22.49.43.jpeg  

Motupallee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 09:52   #651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motupallee View Post
When the Regeneration happens, you will see the attached message in the drivers dashboard..!!
Thanks for sharing this. Seeing this does not look like it would have been DEF regeneration instance but not sure 100%.
I doubt, I would have ignored a message this clear. It also says about unavailability of stop/start but my dashboard went completely off.
It has not reoccurred but next time if it does, I will be more observant to confirm.

I also spoke with the sales person and he mentioned its a normal thing in many vehicles for fan to run for a few more mins to cool off the engine. And unless you open the bonnet it will feel like engine is still running. Is that right?
Old 19th November 2023, 11:04   #652

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this. Seeing this does not look like it would have been DEF regeneration instance but not sure 100%.
I doubt, I would have ignored a message this clear. It also says about unavailability of stop/start but my dashboard went completely off.
It has not reoccurred but next time if it does, I will be more observant to confirm.

I also spoke with the sales person and he mentioned its a normal thing in many vehicles for fan to run for a few more mins to cool off the engine. And unless you open the bonnet it will feel like engine is still running. Is that right?
Yes, here are the two scenarios where I saw this happening:
1. When the DEF regeneration is in progress and ignition is switched off. So I will always keep an eye for the regeneration in progress message before switching off the Jeep.
2. When driven in heavy city traffic and ignition is switched off, the fan will run for a few mins to cool the engine off. I have seen this hardly happening, may be couple of times so far.
Motupallee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 09:04   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Faced a situation today and looking for some advice from all you experts. After switching off the ignition, the engine took almost 5 mins to go off. Dashboard went off immediately as normally one would expect. Is this normal? If not, anyone can point out what could be possibly wrong? Do I need to pay a service center visit?
I had my friend’s Meridian with me for a few weeks and I noticed exactly the same thing with it one of those days.
There was no alert on the dashboard for DEF regeneration. I started up the engine and stopped it again, but the fan noise wouldn’t turn off. It took more than 5-10 min for it to stop by itself. It has been a couple of months since then and it never happened again. Neither did the car show any complaints. This was just a few days after the car’s first-year service.
Old 26th November 2023, 09:16   #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
I had my friend’s Meridian with me for a few weeks and I noticed exactly the same thing with it one of those days.
There was no alert on the dashboard for DEF regeneration. I started up the engine and stopped it again, but the fan noise wouldn’t turn off. It took more than 5-10 min for it to stop by itself. It has been a couple of months since then and it never happened again. Neither did the car show any complaints. This was just a few days after the car’s first-year service.
Did you get to speak with service centre technician, what did they say? Might be the fan trying to cool off the engine as mentioned above. However, in my case it was driven for just 20-25 mins in no traffic road at moderate speed, my car is also just 2 months old, so still scratching my head what triggered this need of additional fan time.
Old 27th November 2023, 00:47   #655

Is it worth taking extended warranty while buying the Meridian? Looking for some suggestions on this please.Thanks!
Old 27th November 2023, 10:43   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Faced a situation today and looking for some advice from all you experts. After switching off the ignition, the engine took almost 5 mins to go off. Dashboard went off immediately as normally one would expect. Is this normal? If not, anyone can point out what could be possibly wrong? Do I need to pay a service center visit?
This is a very normal process of engine cool down in any high powered diesel engine so I dont think there is a need to worry. I have owned a number of diesel cars in the past years and have experienced this on multiple occassions. The engine fan keeps running till the engine is cooled down.
Jainudit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 11:39   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
There was no alert on the dashboard for DEF regeneration. I started up the engine and stopped it again, but the fan noise wouldn’t turn off. It took more than 5-10 min for it to stop by itself..
Quote:
Might be the fan trying to cool off the engine as mentioned above. However, in my case it was driven for just 20-25 mins in no traffic road at moderate speed, my car is also just 2 months old, so still scratching my head what triggered this need of additional fan time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainudit View Post
This is a very normal process of engine cool down in any high powered diesel engine so I dont think there is a need to worry.
Spot on! If the fan stays on with the engine off then it is just an engine cooling thing; DPF regeneration needs the engine on and at high RPMs.
Old 1st December 2023, 10:34   #658

Need advise from fellow members here. While I had booked the Meridian Limited 4X2 in second week of November, I was assured by the SA that an order would be placed on Pune factory and the car would be henceforth allotted to me in the last week of November.

However during the PDI, I found out that the car was manufactured in May and was lying in the stockyard since September. The stockyard information was verbally shared with me and when I pressed them to show the paperwork for the same , I was asked by the dealer sales management to take their words at face value. They also told me that they would do a ceramic coating on the car before the final delivery.

Looking forward to advise/suggestions here on how should I proceed here. Is it advisable to take a car which was lying in stockyard for 3-4 months?

Thank you!
Old 1st December 2023, 11:07   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need advise from fellow members here. While I had booked the Meridian Limited 4X2 in second week of November, I was assured by the SA that an order would be placed on Pune factory and the car would be henceforth allotted to me in the last week of November.

However during the PDI, I found out that the car was manufactured in May and was lying in the stockyard since September. The stockyard information was verbally shared with me and when I pressed them to show the paperwork for the same , I was asked by the dealer sales management to take their words at face value. They also told me that they would do a ceramic coating on the car before the final delivery.

Looking forward to advise/suggestions here on how should I proceed here. Is it advisable to take a car which was lying in stockyard for 3-4 months?

Thank you!
I hope you are getting a good hefty discount on it else insist on fresh stock. Unless you are getting a bargain discount, never agree on a car manufactured more than six months ago and laying idle in some open stock yard. Dealer will go to any length and promises to offload old stocks to unsuspecting buyers.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 11:57   #660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you!
3-4 months is fine but make sure to do a proper PDI and negotiate on good discounts as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks