Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2022, 14:24   #436
BHPian

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepp1108 View Post
If you are free for a while, why don't you join me tomorrow for PDI?
I am sorry, but your profile settings don't allow me to send a message or an email. Can you please drop me your contact details in my inbox, if that's okay?
Old 15th December 2022, 14:46   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankjain16 View Post
I am sorry, but your profile settings don't allow me to send a message or an email. Can you please drop me your contact details in my inbox, if that's okay?
Hey. I am about to reach the dealership in 5-10 minutes. Can you please join?
Old 15th December 2022, 20:21   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Hey. I am about to reach the dealership in 5-10 minutes. Can you please join?
Thanks to @zepp1108, I was able to check out his brand-new Jeep Meridian. The vibrations were insignificant in it. I also took another test drive of a different demo vehicle which had 11k on ODO. Frankly, I came out much more impressed and could connect to the car. Engine noise was audible at low speeds only. However, the way the car rode, its ride quality, insulation and high-speed stability were superb. There were a few rattles I could hear over bad patches, but it was a demo vehicle, thoroughly abused in off-road drives. Also, rattled can be fixed mostly, I believe.

It seems like I might finalize Jeep Meridian. Will take the final call next week. Don't want to miss out on sweet 3L discounts going on.
shashankjain16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 09:34   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to @zepp1108, I was able to check out his brand-new Jeep Meridian. The vibrations were insignificant in it. I also took another test drive of a different demo vehicle which had 11k on ODO. Frankly, I came out much more impressed and could connect to the car. Engine noise was audible at low speeds only. However, the way the car rode, its ride quality, insulation and high-speed stability were superb. There were a few rattles I could hear over bad patches, but it was a demo vehicle, thoroughly abused in off-road drives. Also, rattled can be fixed mostly, I believe.

It seems like I might finalize Jeep Meridian. Will take the final call next week. Don't want to miss out on sweet 3L discounts going on.
Hey, thanks to you too. I'm glad that you showed up and helped me with the vehicle inspection. I too enjoyed the test ride. A second test drive really makes you sure about the vehicle. I also took two test drives just to be sure if I have to go with it or not. The discount that Landmark is currently offering is really sweet and one should not miss it. If anyone is willing to buy Jeep Meridian, this is the time. The prices are going to be up by 2-3% from January, and the discounts will be gone. In fact, many other brands are increasing their prices from next month - Hyundai, Tata etc.

This is my car. Today, I am getting it. Really excited.

Jeep Meridian Review-img20221215wa0049.jpeg
zepp1108 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 10:06   #440
BHPian

Quote:
A second test drive really makes you sure about the vehicle. I also took two test drives just to be sure if I have to go with it or not. The discount that Landmark is currently offering is really sweet and one should not miss it.
This is my car. Today, I am getting it. Really excited.

Attachment 2390753
Wow, congratulations! I have been sitting on a fence for the last 12 months about whether to go ahead with Meridian/Kodaiaq or wait for the new Q3. My heart is set on JEEP - Meridian, especially after experiencing ride comfort and off-road capabilities in an off-road event. I have not yet taken a test drive on road so not sure about the gearbox performance. But so many reviews are suggesting that it is in no way a slow mover although it may not provide that sudden burst of acceleration like a typical diesel engine. How was your experience especially on the gearbox behavior?

Also, is 3L a cash discount or does it include the insurance, maintenance package, extended warranty, etc?

Congratulations once again! Happy mile munching. Looking forward to your ownership review.

Last edited by ScorpWarp : 16th December 2022 at 10:09.
ScorpWarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 11:17   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
Wow, congratulations! I have been sitting on a fence for the last 12 months about whether to go ahead with Meridian/Kodaiaq or wait for the new Q3. My heart is set on JEEP - Meridian, especially after experiencing ride comfort and off-road capabilities in an off-road event. I have not yet taken a test drive on road so not sure about the gearbox performance. But so many reviews are suggesting that it is in no way a slow mover although it may not provide that sudden burst of acceleration like a typical diesel engine. How was your experience especially on the gearbox behavior?

Also, is 3L a cash discount or does it include the insurance, maintenance package, extended warranty, etc?

Congratulations once again! Happy mile munching. Looking forward to your ownership review.

Hey, thanks a lot.

As far as my experience with the other automatic cars, this does not drive any differently. There is no sudden burst of acceleration in Meridian but yes it picks up very nicely and as the speed goes up beyond 40-50, it gives you a good rush and you are at 100+ speed in no time.

The 3 Lakh discount is distributed in three parts - 2 lakh flat on ex-showroom price, 60K on insurance, and nearly 25k on miscellaneous stuff(handling etc.)
zepp1108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 12:19   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, thanks a lot.

it picks up very nicely and as the speed goes up beyond 40-50, it gives you a good rush and you are at 100+ speed in no time.

The 3 Lakh discount is distributed in three parts - 2 lakh flat on ex-showroom price, 60K on insurance, and nearly 25k on miscellaneous stuff(handling etc.)
Thank you very much for the breakup of discount. About the pick up, that is in line with what others mentioned. They advised me to take test ride and experience it firsthand. I am afraid that if I take a test ride then it would be very difficult for me to say no to Meridian

ALso, I found the sound system to be awesome.

Please share more pictures of your new ride. Have fun!
Old 17th December 2022, 19:09   #443
BHPian

Jeep Meridian Review-whatsapp-image-20221216-5.13.53-pm.jpeg

Guys, yesterday I became a proud owner of Jeep Meridian. The variant is 4*2 Limited Optional Automatic transmission in White colour. I sold my dear old(rather young) Hyundai Creta to the dealership. There was a pain in retaining the old number which they will handle when they are applying for the registration of my new vehicle. So, selling to an individual would have been bit troublesome.

First of all, I would like to thank Landmark Gurgaon for a smooth experience. They are extremely professional. They gave me enough time and helped me with all the doubts. One reason why I went for the Meridian is that they had me in confidence about the vehicle. The dealership has enough stock with them, mostly because they are the only dealers in NCR. They are selling a lot of Compass and Meridians these days and the dealership is always packed with vehicles and visitors but people there are very prompt with all the queries I have. I took two test drives to be sure if I really want to go with the Meridian. Everything from a test drive and finance and delivery was wrapped up in less than a week.

Second thank goes to the employees at SBI, DLF Qutub Plaza Branch in Gurgaon. They were so prompt that they disbursed my loan in 2 days. I was dealing with them directly. They really helped me close the process very quickly. Minimal paperwork and I had to visit the branch just one time for the signatures.

Day of Delivery:

It was all very quick. The dealership had to deliver few other cars so the delivery was happening back to back. We were informed about the time of delivery so we did not have to wait a lot. Cake cutting and unveiling and hand over of keys took around 30 minutes. I was very very thoroughly explained about the features and all the minute details about the car. Boring though but gave a very professional touch to the overall experience. There were few other doubts which I had to clear over the phone. Post delivery we went to a nearby temple for did pooja.

Accessories I went with:

1. Side stepper - Makes it easy for children and shorter people getting in and out. In one of the YouTube videos on Meridian, someone mentioned that it can act as side bumpers preventing vehicles to get too close to your car. This is one must have accessory.
2. Magnetic window shades - The rear doors of Creta has these by default, Meridian misses it. They do not sell it in pairs so you can only have shades for all the four windows.
3. Chrome covers for the handles - The door handles look very dull in day light. These chrome covers adds a lot to the looks.
4. Blue Led Light under the dashboard - There is no ambient light as such. Blue is the only colour offered.
5. White light under the body - Makes it easily to get out and is useful in the night.

Few of these accessories are not required though, just wanted my car to look colourful.

Initial impressions of the car:

After riding it for some time in traffic, I can definitely say it does not feel cumbersome to ride this long and heavy vehicle. It glides super comfortably through heavy/normal traffic. Coming from Creta, I am not overwhelmed by its size, which was my initial fear. The turning radius has to be really very small, as it is very easy to take a u-turn.

Apart from the build and ride quality, things which really standout in Meridian -

1. The quality and resolution of the infotainment system is too good.
2. Sound quality of the speakers is super good - feels as good as it is in Creta/Tucson (Bose Speakers).
3. The quality of seat material and the space and comfort the seats offer.

Ending statement:

I think it's really weird to see people compare Jeep Meridian to Fortuner, Gloster etc. Meridian should never be compared to these huge SUVs. Someone who wants to go for big SUVs but not as big as these, they can look for Meridian. Meridian has got the size, build, looks and features. There is nothing which I can complain of. This car should sell in decent numbers. Oh yes, the dealership is offering a great discount too. The prices will increase in 2023 and there is no discount.

I will share more pics and impressions shortly.

Last edited by zepp1108 : 17th December 2022 at 19:20.
zepp1108 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 10:04   #444
BHPian

If you don't mind can you do a comparison of creta and meridian in terms of - Ride quality over pothholes and speed breakers, Interiors esp rear and bootspace, mileage figures, torque pull and price.
Anandg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 13:44   #445
BHPian

I did a long highway and hills run on my Meridian this weekend finally after driving it in the city for last few months. Covered a total of 600 KM. The car is absolutely fantastic on the highways just as the company claims. It glides through bad roads very comfortably and confidently. No jerks or bumps felt inside the cabin. The independent suspensions worked wonderfully. Its steering wheel is light & turning radius is exceptionally small for driving in hills and making those hairpin bends. Gave me an average of 13kmpl which I thought was great as my drive was not all on open roads at 80-100 kmph. We drove enough in the city and in hills.
I found the car to be very intelligent in terms of adjusting its pickup and acceleration according to driving conditions and driving style. Did not miss the eco/sport modes at all.
Since we were just 4 people travelling, we had the luxury of a huge boot space after folding the last row flat.
The middle seat was found to be very comfortable by my co-travelers but really, behind the wheel is where you want to be in this car on a highway.
Its road presence was great which I clearly felt while trying to overtake other cars.
Overall, I feel its a car you will fall in love with once you have done a long highway run in it.
Jainudit is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 17:02   #446
BHPian

After much research and deliberation, I finally booked Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) today. Much like the last time, the car I finalized was nowhere on my list when I started searching for it. There wasn't a perfect car that suited all my requirements. But Jeep Meridian seemed to tick most checkboxes.

* Dashing looks (I like Jeep designs very much, not so much Tucson)
* Plush interiors with loaded features
* A capable off-roader
* A rugged abuse friendly vehicle which I can take to off-beat places in the mountains
* 214 mm ground clearance
* Great NVH levels
* Superb highway ride quality and rock-solid stability
* Massive boot space after folding 3rd row
* A little snob value with the Jeep brand

It's a big car for my family of three. But there aren't many small cars in the segment I was looking for. From XUV700 to Fortuner all are massive vehicles. The big car does give me ample boot space allowing me to carry my daughter's stuff for long drives and stays we plan in coming years.

Also, I got a massive 3.2L discount with very decent insurance. So, the car seemed value for money given the competition (Tucson, Tiguan, C5 Aircross, etc.) In total top end variant cost me 40.41L on road Gurgaon including 5 years extended warranty and some accessories.

The only sore point is the reliability issues with Jeep. There were reliability issues with Duster AWD too when I purchased it. But my ownership has been absolutely fuss-free in the last 3.5 years and 50,000+ kilometres. Let's see how Jeep ownership goes.

Will pen a detailed delivery and ownership experience once I get the vehicle.

Last edited by shashankjain16 : 20th December 2022 at 17:08. Reason: included price
shashankjain16 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 21:43   #447

Congratulations and welcome to the club!
I've driven my Meridian for approx. 1200+ KMs now, absolutely love the car. Coming from a 2017 Creta diesel, Meridian feels so much more polished now in every sense. Just keep an eye on on the FE.

Just do proper PDI. Music system, rattles due to loud music etc.
OnceUponARohan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 11:20   #448
BHPian

Any recommendations if I should get the underbody rust protection for my Jeep Meridian ? Is it required or does the car have enough underbody protection as standard ? The workshop SA has been hounding me to get it done. Costs 4500/-
I drive in Delhi and not in a place like Mumbai with high humidity levels.
Old 21st December 2022, 11:44   #449
BHPian

Quote:
After much research and deliberation, I finally booked Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) today. Much like the last time, the car I finalized was nowhere on my list when I started searching for it. There wasn't a perfect car that suited all my requirements. But Jeep Meridian seemed to tick most checkboxes.

Also, I got a massive 3.2L discount with very decent insurance. So, the car seemed value for money given the competition (Tucson, Tiguan, C5 Aircross, etc.) In total top end variant cost me 40.41L on road Gurgaon including 5 years extended warranty and some accessories.
Congratulations. Wishing you many miles of driving and fuss free ownership

Once you get into 40L bucket, it is always better to follow the heart . With that, you'll always have a smile every time you get into the car
Old 21st December 2022, 12:04   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainudit View Post
Any recommendations if I should get the underbody rust protection for my Jeep Meridian ? Is it required or does the car have enough underbody protection as standard ? The workshop SA has been hounding me to get it done. Costs 4500/-
I drive in Delhi and not in a place like Mumbai with high humidity levels.
From what I remember being told on T-Bhp when my Swift was new and was 'offered' the same service, all new cars come with Monsoon underbody protection from factory. You must re-apply 2 years later.
Please confirm with someone else here as well.
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks