Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2022, 12:32   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOnRoad View Post
Any advice from an experienced jeep owner would be really helpful. I have owned Duster RXL for past 7 years and car has remained mostly uncovered in open air and frankly, I do not see its paint quality degrading. So, I don’t really understand this obsession with ceramic coating. Recently, my brother purchased a Thar 4*4 and immediately got ceramic coating, as if a car built for off road, would be unable to even maintain its paint. Although, that may be expected of Mahindra but I wonder if Jeep also suffers from such issues.
If you have plans to take your Meridian on the highway frequently, then PPF is a good option to prevent paint chip issue from small stones. Also, PPF will help to avoid scratches when taken off-road on narrow stretches with bushes on sides. I have faced both these issues.

Do your own research as well.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 12:04   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post

I have to now choose between Meridian FWD D AT Top end and AX7L D AT.
Hey Gsynch, which car did you end up going for?

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th October 2022 at 16:07. Reason: Trimming quoted text.
Old 27th October 2022, 09:19   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
Hey Gsynch, which car did you end up going for?
XUV7OO AX7L D AT has been allocated to me, didn't go for the Diwali slot billing (too many formalities were to be completed and there was a mad rush at the dealership and i was out of the country too). Expecting it to be billed either by this month end or early Nov.

I am at a juncture where mentally I am prepared but heart keep demanding to have a relook at Meridian. "Buyers remorse" is a real thing
Gsynch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 09:27   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
XUV7OO AX7L D AT has been allocated to me
Congratulations! The XUV is a very competent car by itself. And when it comes to niggles, Jeep is making quite a name for themselves recently. Factoring in the 10L rupees, there’s no way to fault your decision. Do enjoy your new car and post your opinions on the XUV thread.
revsperminute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 11:59   #410
BHPian

Took delivery of the Meridian on Sunday. Have driven only 125kms till now. I will try and post an initial ownsfership experience soon. Attaching few pictures from PDI/delivery (sorry haven’t got a chance to take proper pictures).
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Meridian Review-fac16d1b2cee49c0a504b1140aee40d3.jpeg  

Jeep Meridian Review-46314611a6294ed2aa3d67198f3c7a19.jpeg  

Jeep Meridian Review-e994940a0efc40fcb50b0ab457e500eb.jpeg  

Jeep Meridian Review-edd11bbcbe85408ea33383e2d84f3896.jpeg  

Jeep Meridian Review-07dc9a5fcb874dc382acab7aebc09eee.jpeg  

ChetanM6 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 10:55   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Took delivery of the Meridian on Sunday. Have driven only 125kms till now. I will try and post an initial ownsfership experience soon. Attaching few pictures from PDI/delivery (sorry haven’t got a chance to take proper pictures).
Congratulations....Do post your initial ownership review. My initial experience with my car was not so good probably because I shifted from an A6 to a Meridian but with time I am getting more and more satisfied and happy with my Meridian. One word of caution is that the battery recharging in the Meridian is not upto the mark. Do keep checking the battery voltage from time to time on the Jeep app. If you do day time reasonably long drives (>50 km) off and on in your car then you dont need to worry.
Jainudit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 12:07   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainudit View Post
Congratulations....Do post your initial ownership review. My initial experience with my car was not so good probably because I shifted from an A6 to a Meridian but with time I am getting more and more satisfied and happy with my Meridian. One word of caution is that the battery recharging in the Meridian is not upto the mark. Do keep checking the battery voltage from time to time on the Jeep app. If you do day time reasonably long drives (>50 km) off and on in your car then you dont need to worry.
Thanks. I have clocked about 850Kms now since past 2 weeks. I did a 650kms drive in the first week to Chikmagalur on western ghats. The single point that stood out in the entire drive was the suspension and the ride quality. Western ghats were battered by rains recently and the roads are in a bad shape. The Meridian gave us a magic carpet like ride quality on those roads. There were ghat sections where the Meridian was able to maintain good speeds in corners without flinching. It was almost 90% of the fun I used to have in those sections on my Punto Evo. I maintained speed at around 90-115 km/hr on straight highway sections and at that speed the car feels as if its driving at 40 km/hr unless one looks at the MID . Its a perfect highway cruiser and my daughter sleeping alone in the rear seat was a testament as she has motion sickness and always wants her mom to be with her in the rear seat as well. Also personally, I love the linear acceleration. It suits my needs as most of my family members have motion sickness and would not have appreciated the push in the seats feeling.

Regarding the battery you are right. All modern cars with multiple computers cause battery issues. The biggest culprit in Jeep is the auto start-stop button that just drains up the battery a lot in cities like Bangalore having crawling traffic. I have read it degrades the alternator in the long run as well (not just Jeep). I now switch off this thing every time I start driving the car. As such this so called feature is not for end users , its for every manufacturer to show mpg/kmpl gains under CAFE norms.
Interesting article to read - https://www.autoweek.com/news/techno...week-explains/
ChetanM6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 22:02   #413

Finally got a chance to contribute to & learn from the community!

Recently bought a 4x4 Meridian Black AT ! I was in the market for a good 7 seater for the last 6 months and had my eyes on the Meridian since it was launched.

Bought it from Landmark Gurgaon and would be registering it in Chandigarh. Because of all this, the price I paid for the Meridian, I don't think there's any car that could rival this car for what it does.

Yes it's not the fastest off the line, but coming from a CRDi engine, I couldn't complain. For context, I have a BMW & a Seltos GT, yes they might be faster but this car gives the driver a sense of confidence which is at another level. Bought it on Thursday and have clocked in 300+ km.

Had a question though to the owners, I sometimes feel the car is leaking outside foul smell into the cabin? Is there a setting I need to enable/a button I need to press to stop this from happening? Asking this because I'm confused whether the Air Circulation button stops external air or let's it in.

Also for potential buyers, during PDI, I noticed that the front hood's right side wasn't aligned to the body of the car while it was closed and had rejected the first model they'd assigned on the basis of this issue. In the 2nd one I bought, The A pillar internal cladding was a bit loose & there was rattle in the passenger front door while playing the music at high volume. The former was an extra foam issue that Jeep service centre fixed in 2 mins and the latter was due to the nut under the door armrest being loose. Jeep GGN promptly fixed that too in 5 mins.

On Battery volt, what should be the idle value here?
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Meridian Review-whatsapp-image-20221105-3.29.07-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th November 2022 at 12:50. Reason: spacing for improved readability
OnceUponARohan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 01:08   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponARohan View Post
Recently bought a 4x4 Meridian Black AT ! I was in the market for a good 7 seater for the last 6 months and had my eyes on the Meridian since it was launched.
What sort of discount did you manage to get from Landmark Gurgaon?
Old 7th November 2022, 06:58   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a question though to the owners, I sometimes feel the car is leaking outside foul smell into the cabin? Is there a setting I need to enable/a button I need to press to stop this from happening? Asking this because I'm confused whether the Air Circulation button stops external air or let's it in.
First of all congratulations on your new buy.

It’s normal in some cars I believe. Say my Octavia with auto AC sucks in most of these foul smells from outside. Turning the AC off or to manual mode to few secs, immediately takes care of it. At the same time my i20 auto AC doesn’t have this issue.
Old 7th November 2022, 09:17   #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
What sort of discount did you manage to get from Landmark Gurgaon?
So the usual 2 Lakh discount + 25K + free accessories worth 15K (I think?) and I think some more dealer level discount, in the end the car came around 36.3L without RTO. This is for the 4x4 AT. I'll do the RTO from Chandigarh so that'll be additional 1.9L hence taking the car cost up to 38.2L which I feel isn't bad at all given the options. Kodiaq was 43+ & Carnival was 38+. (Though I remember paying this much for my 3 series a few years ago :|)
OnceUponARohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 12:34   #417
BHPian

Quote:
So the usual 2 Lakh discount + 25K + free accessories worth 15K (I think?) and I think some more dealer level discount, in the end the car came around 36.3L without RTO. This is for the 4x4 AT. I'll do the RTO from Chandigarh so that'll be additional 1.9L hence taking the car cost up to 38.2L which I feel isn't bad at all given the options. Kodiaq was 43+ & Carnival was 38+. (Though I remember paying this much for my 3 series a few years ago :|)
That's a great price given the options. Does it include extended warranty or is that separate?
Old 7th November 2022, 13:28   #418

Extended Warranty is separate which is additional 50K. Bought a few accessories too and got another approx. 10% discount on the overall accessory bill.
OnceUponARohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 08:08   #419
Senior - BHPian

Guys I recently got more interested in Tiguan over the cheaper Octavia and Compass(initial shortlist). While I am still not sure If I want to spend ~40L on my new car, I figured I'll check out the Jeep Meridian as well If I am considering the VW Tiguan. Some questions please : ) :

-I would like to know If the initial issues for the Meridian have been resolved? I remember a mod here Axe-77 who was one of the first buyers of this car had his Meridian breakdown within the first month of ownership on an outing.

-What kind of discounts are being offered on this vehicle? I recall a 3L off or a low rate of interest loan being offered almost immediately post launch

-If there are common complaints or anything I need to know about the Jeep Meridian?

Thank you for your time.
Old 8th November 2022, 09:16   #420

On Meridian,

- I've not faced any issues wit my Meridian till now apart from some loose nuts which was fixed the next day after delivery. I do keep an eye on the Battery volt as stated in other posts above. As per Landmark GGN, take the ones which have the vin number ending in *8N(August) and onwards, these have been slightly modified to ensure the issue(s) that creeped during the first phase of the launch doesn't persists. Do proper PDI, I rejected the first car that was allotted and waited almost 2 weeks for another car.

- AFAIK the discount were till 31st October, you might want to check of your local dealership what kind of discounts they can extend now. I also over heard the prices going up for the Meridian as well soon but that could be just sales tactics.

- No complaints, happy with the car till now but I've only driven it around 400km. Coming from a Creta 2016 this feels like a good upgrade although we have a BMW 3 also. Still this doesn't feel slow. If you can work your way around the gearbox, this car will munch miles.
OnceUponARohan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks