Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 11:36   #421
BHPian

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

@Maky I am probably one of few individuals who had been allotted the Tiguan but still went with the Meridian. Both the cars are lovely. I wish I had the money to buy both! In the end I chose the Meridian because we wanted a roomier car that had the flexibility of 7 seats for occasional ice cream rides within the city. The gearbox is not DSG level but I had come to terms with it as the gearbox is tuned for a different purpose here. But recently came to know that there is a double tap technique on A pedal that helps the gearbox downshift if one needs to do quicker overtakes. I confirm this technique works!

Also, I have driven only 900kms so can’t talk about issues yet. I have been extra careful about the battery having closely following other members.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th November 2022 at 12:07. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
ChetanM6 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:46   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
@Maky I am probably one of few individuals who had been allotted the Tiguan but still went with the Meridian. Both the cars are lovely. I wish I had the money to buy both! In the end I chose the Meridian because we wanted a roomier car that had the flexibility of 7 seats for occasional ice cream rides within the city. The gearbox is not DSG level but I had come to terms with it as the gearbox is tuned for a different purpose here. But recently came to know that there is a double tap technique on A pedal that helps the gearbox downshift if one needs to do quicker overtakes. I confirm this technique works!
I drove the Meridian yesterday and yes it is lacking in power and the gearbox is slow but I think it was fine given it was not a dual clutch unit(let alone VW's DSG) but a Torque convertor. Very good handling I felt after I threw it into a corner at decent speed and felt negligible body roll given its size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Also, I have driven only 900kms so can’t talk about issues yet. I have been extra careful about the battery having closely following other members.
Can you comment on the battery issue? I am not familiar with this niggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponARohan View Post
On Meridian,

- I've not faced any issues wit my Meridian till now apart from some loose nuts which was fixed the next day after delivery. I do keep an eye on the Battery volt as stated in other posts above.
They were loose on which part of the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponARohan View Post
- AFAIK the discount were till 31st October, you might want to check of your local dealership what kind of discounts they can extend now.
As of today the following discounts are being offered for the Jeep Meridian:

Limited FWD - 3L discount for On-road at 36.5L from list price 39.48L
Limited(O) FWD - 3L discount for On-road at 39.5L from list price of 42.5L
Limited(O) 4x4 - 3L discount for On-road at 42.7L from list price of 45.7L

Above prices are on-road Bombay and for the Automatic variants. The above were offered immediately with zero negotiation, I do not know if there is room for further negotiation or insurance match after the initial discount as I did not bargain more and just went for the test drive.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 14:22   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post

They were loose on which part of the car?
So the small cavity within the door armrest, if you remove its cover it there's a small screw inside which was loose for me for the passenger front seat.
OnceUponARohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 12:12   #424
BHPian

Drove the Meridian over the weekend at KHT Prime, Bangalore. Overall impressions-

- Looks stunning from the outside, with very high quality paint doing a fine job. Dimensions are not so imposing but the car appears quite long.
- Built and rode like a tank. However, that also meant it drove like one too , i.e. performance was unimpressive and the car was not quick and gearbox slow to respond.
- Great handling, took a decently sharp turn at about 70 kmph, felt hardly any body roll.
- Impressive quality interiors and very good-sounding audio kit with great mids and lows.
- Average boot with 3rd row in use. Nothing out of the ordinary compared with other 7 seaters out there, except the Innova Crysta.
- Overall felt a lack of spaciousness in the cabin. Had to position the steering all the way up and towards me to the highest setting for both to accommodate my long legs (I'm 6 feet 2 in). Not a good compromise for the long run.
- Some settings were hard to access and were available only via the touchscreen.

I'm probably giving the Meridian a miss mainly because of the lack of performance and space (for my needs). Other than that it's really sorted in most other departments! Thanks to previous posters that helped me consider a TD of the car.
automowheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 12:17   #425
BHPian

Jeep’s latest capability video showing more off road ability of the Meridian.
ChetanM6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 20:15   #426
BHPian

Hello Friends,

In hunt of a new car to replace my Hyundai Creta Diesel SX(O) 2020, I was getting more and more confused. I was looking for a more spacious vehicle as the family is growing and so is the luggage that we carry. I had already booked a Hyundai Tucson couple of weeks back. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the car. Tucson has got stunning looks and is loaded with features. It was great fun riding the car. So far so good. I was happy with my decision.

Now the planets started moving and all of a sudden, I started noticing a lot of Jeep Compasses on road. Jeep has got one of the best looks - we cannot deny that. So, with a confused mind and fingers crossed that I do not end up liking the Meridian, I decided to visit the Landmark showroom here in Gurgaon to check out the Meridian. There was Meridian all around at the showroom. 3-4 Meridians were getting ready for customer delivery and few vehicles were available for test drive. No one can deny that Meridian has to be the most impressive looking car in it's segment and price range and now I was more and more confused.

I took the Meridian for a test drive, drove it for 20 minutes or so.

Impressions:
  • The car is very very spacious. It rides like a Compass but you feel you are driving something heavier and bigger. The rear seat is good for three people. The third row is good for kids.
  • The car has got a premium cabin. The seats, dashboard, infotainment everything is of premium quality. There are all the needed features present in the car. A few things would have been good addition: window shade, ambient lighting etc.
  • It has a lot of grunt at lower speeds, unlike the Tucson which has got no noise at all. I think I will have to deal with the low speed engine noises.
  • Above 50-60 KMPH, Meridian's noise stabilises and the beauty of ride quality kicks in. It sticks to the road and you get more and more stable ride at higher speed.
  • The best place to be in the car is the front passenger seat. You will feel like you have been taken on a luxury ride. Plenty of space and great view of the front.

After a satisfactory test drive, I started discussion with the sales person and came a surprise - a massive nearly 3 Lakhs discount on the car. I could not resist my happiness and shouted - It's booked. Booked a Jeep Meridian 4*2 Limited(O) in white colour. They have promised a very short delivery period. I have asked them to bill me a car with Nov. manufacturing date. I went with few accessories - side steps, mud flap, blue ambient light, ceramic coating and magnetic window shades. They offered very little to no discount on the accessories.

That's the end of weekend's adventure story and start of a new journey with the Jeep Life. I hope the whole Jeep experience is going to be as beautiful as the Meridian looks. Moreover, I do not want to regret my decision on dumping the Tucson. I am continuously reading things about Meridian on this forum and other places.
zepp1108 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 09:34   #427
BHPian

This morning, while I was heading towards my office, I saw a black JEEP Commander(not Meridian) in Yellow RED number plate near Hinjewadi area. I wasn't sure what this car was doing here but feels as if some new variant of Meridian might be coming to our shores.

Div
Old 12th December 2022, 13:47   #428
BHPian

Yesterday I went to Landmark Gurgaon to take a Jeep Meridian test drive. The test drive vehicle was at 14,000 km ODO. The car started with definitive vibraition. Then at the idle, there were vibrations in the steering. During my ride, I could hear quite a few rattles which were off-putting. And engine noise was audible at low speeds. NVH levels to me were not up to the mark.

Apart from it, the car felt solid like a tank. interiors were plush with a lot of features, ride quality was excellent and the car felt planted at high speeds.

I liked the car, but could not bear the NVH levels. I am not sure if it was because the demo car had been royally abused or if it is just how the car ages. I would like other's opinions on this.
Old 12th December 2022, 14:04   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankjain16 View Post

I liked the car, but could not bear the NVH levels. I am not sure if it was because the demo car had been royally abused or if it is just how the car ages. I would like other's opinions on this.
Must be that particular vehicle. Have not faced any vibrations yet. You are kind of aware that there’s a diesel under the hood but it’s not loud enough to irk me. In fact, the insulation of the Meridian is commendable. Very relaxing car to drive. (Also best driven in a relaxed manner)

Only the sunroof makes a clicking sound when it has not been opened in 3-4 days. I’ve faced this same issue in many other sunroof equipped cars.
Old 13th December 2022, 10:55   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I went to Landmark Gurgaon to take a Jeep Meridian test drive. The test drive vehicle was at 14,000 km ODO. The car started with definitive vibraition. Then at the idle, there were vibrations in the steering. During my ride, I could hear quite a few rattles which were off-putting. And engine noise was audible at low speeds. NVH levels to me were not up to the mark.

Apart from it, the car felt solid like a tank. interiors were plush with a lot of features, ride quality was excellent and the car felt planted at high speeds.

I too drove a Meridian with above 14K kms on the odometer. It was a red one. It had the engine noise on a higher side on lower speeds. Coming from Hyundai Creta, it was a lot for me. But at higher speed the noise faded and balanced out. The vehicle is surely not maintained the way individual owner maintains it. Plus a lot of different users driving it roughly must have added to the noises. A new and we'll maintained vehicle should certainly not sound noisy.
Old 14th December 2022, 15:43   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepp1108 View Post

After a satisfactory test drive, I started discussion with the sales person and came a surprise - a massive nearly 3 Lakhs discount on the car. I could not resist my happiness and shouted - It's booked. Booked a Jeep Meridian 4*2 Limited(O) in white colour. They have promised a very short delivery period. I have asked them to bill me a car with Nov. manufacturing date. I went with few accessories - side steps, mud flap, blue ambient light, ceramic coating and magnetic window shades. They offered very little to no discount on the accessories.

That's the end of weekend's adventure story and start of a new journey with the Jeep Life. I hope the whole Jeep experience is going to be as beautiful as the Meridian looks. Moreover, I do not want to regret my decision on dumping the Tucson. I am continuously reading things about Meridian on this forum and other places.

Update: Things moved quite too fast in last 3-4 days. Finances done. Vehicle is already available with the dealer - November manufacturing and 23rd Nov transit. The payment should be done by today EOD and the vehicle will reach showroom tomorrow second half. I will be doing the PDI tomorrow post that the accessories will be fitted. 16th Dec, Friday, post 10:30 am is when I am going to take the delivery. I hope things go well. Pretty excited!!
zepp1108 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 16:17   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Things moved quite too fast in last 3-4 days. Finances done. Vehicle is already available with the dealer - November manufacturing and 23rd Nov transit. The payment should be done by today EOD and the vehicle will reach showroom tomorrow second half. I will be doing the PDI tomorrow post that the accessories will be fitted. 16th Dec, Friday, post 10:30 am is when I am going to take the delivery. I hope things go well. Pretty excited!!
Congratulations! Please do update your experience of the first drive with the car, especially NVH levels as compared to the test drive vehicle. I too might take a plunge next week.
shashankjain16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 16:26   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pls don’t make the payment before doing the PDI. So many people have burnt their fingers with regards to this basic point.

See the vehicle in flesh. Inspect it thoroughly. Pay only AFTER you are satisfied. Accessory fitting happens afterwards.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 21:14   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Please do update your experience of the first drive with the car, especially NVH levels as compared to the test drive vehicle. I too might take a plunge next week.
If you are free for a while, why don't you join me tomorrow for PDI?
Old 14th December 2022, 22:52   #435
BHPian

Quote:
If you are free for a while, why don't you join me tomorrow for PDI?
That would be awesome. Dropping you an email to contact further.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks