Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 11:36   #421
BHPian

Default Re: Jeep Meridian Review

@Maky I am probably one of few individuals who had been allotted the Tiguan but still went with the Meridian. Both the cars are lovely. I wish I had the money to buy both! In the end I chose the Meridian because we wanted a roomier car that had the flexibility of 7 seats for occasional ice cream rides within the city. The gearbox is not DSG level but I had come to terms with it as the gearbox is tuned for a different purpose here. But recently came to know that there is a double tap technique on A pedal that helps the gearbox downshift if one needs to do quicker overtakes. I confirm this technique works!

Also, I have driven only 900kms so can’t talk about issues yet. I have been extra careful about the battery having closely following other members.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th November 2022 at 12:07. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
ChetanM6 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:46   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
@Maky I am probably one of few individuals who had been allotted the Tiguan but still went with the Meridian. Both the cars are lovely. I wish I had the money to buy both! In the end I chose the Meridian because we wanted a roomier car that had the flexibility of 7 seats for occasional ice cream rides within the city. The gearbox is not DSG level but I had come to terms with it as the gearbox is tuned for a different purpose here. But recently came to know that there is a double tap technique on A pedal that helps the gearbox downshift if one needs to do quicker overtakes. I confirm this technique works!
I drove the Meridian yesterday and yes it is lacking in power and the gearbox is slow but I think it was fine given it was not a dual clutch unit(let alone VW's DSG) but a Torque convertor. Very good handling I felt after I threw it into a corner at decent speed and felt negligible body roll given its size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Also, I have driven only 900kms so canít talk about issues yet. I have been extra careful about the battery having closely following other members.
Can you comment on the battery issue? I am not familiar with this niggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponARohan View Post
On Meridian,

- I've not faced any issues wit my Meridian till now apart from some loose nuts which was fixed the next day after delivery. I do keep an eye on the Battery volt as stated in other posts above.
They were loose on which part of the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponARohan View Post
- AFAIK the discount were till 31st October, you might want to check of your local dealership what kind of discounts they can extend now.
As of today the following discounts are being offered for the Jeep Meridian:

Limited FWD - 3L discount for On-road at 36.5L from list price 39.48L
Limited(O) FWD - 3L discount for On-road at 39.5L from list price of 42.5L
Limited(O) 4x4 - 3L discount for On-road at 42.7L from list price of 45.7L

Above prices are on-road Bombay and for the Automatic variants. The above were offered immediately with zero negotiation, I do not know if there is room for further negotiation or insurance match after the initial discount as I did not bargain more and just went for the test drive.
Old 9th November 2022, 14:22   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post

They were loose on which part of the car?
So the small cavity within the door armrest, if you remove its cover it there's a small screw inside which was loose for me for the passenger front seat.
OnceUponARohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 12:12   #424
BHPian

Drove the Meridian over the weekend at KHT Prime, Bangalore. Overall impressions-

- Looks stunning from the outside, with very high quality paint doing a fine job. Dimensions are not so imposing but the car appears quite long.
- Built and rode like a tank. However, that also meant it drove like one too , i.e. performance was unimpressive and the car was not quick and gearbox slow to respond.
- Great handling, took a decently sharp turn at about 70 kmph, felt hardly any body roll.
- Impressive quality interiors and very good-sounding audio kit with great mids and lows.
- Average boot with 3rd row in use. Nothing out of the ordinary compared with other 7 seaters out there, except the Innova Crysta.
- Overall felt a lack of spaciousness in the cabin. Had to position the steering all the way up and towards me to the highest setting for both to accommodate my long legs (I'm 6 feet 2 in). Not a good compromise for the long run.
- Some settings were hard to access and were available only via the touchscreen.

I'm probably giving the Meridian a miss mainly because of the lack of performance and space (for my needs). Other than that it's really sorted in most other departments! Thanks to previous posters that helped me consider a TD of the car.
automowheels is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed