Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2023, 17:49   #1516
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

I went for the Ceramic coating today and the guys told me as soon as I entered the store that the bumper was repainted before delivery. Can anything be done now ? Car is 2 months old.
Old 27th September 2023, 20:32   #1517

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick81 View Post

While the dealer ensured timely delivery, the experience in the showroom was not pleasant. What I didn’t like was that the sales advisor was not forthcoming and honest, particularly about availability of certain parts

I also had a similar feeling/experience in a Navi Mumbai Dealership. Such good cars but the guys selling them are the ones hurting the sales figures.
saurabhswift13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 21:27   #1518

Hi Guys,

My first post in the forum and its about my one month ownership of the VW Virtus 1.0 MT in Lava Blue (well its actually 50 shades of blue).

~ Dealership Exp - It has been just ok with VW Deccan in Hyderabad. Got a good price for mine but they do try to discourage and lie blatantly if you enquire anything about 1.5 may be because the margins are less on this. The follow ups by the dealer for booking are crazy, but I think once the payment or loan is approved, they don't take as much care. Any enquiry on an new accessory or upgrade will be met with an unfavorable response.

~Delivery Exp - I finished all my paperwork in advance as I did not wanted to keep my parents waiting on the delivery day. When I took the delivery I observed my car was not cleaned properly in some places and the dashboard also had so much dust. That aside the rest of process of unveiling the car and showroom staff applause, chocolate box is default at all showrooms.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-delivery.jpg

~Drive Exp - The car no doubt is a stunner especially in the lava blue color but the problem with 1.0 is that in low RPMs I feel it is underpowered. Yes on highways and when you cross the 1700 - 2000 RPM range this is indeed a powerful machine but during slow traffics or even on small inclines with literally one person in the car this does struggle a bit. But once you get out and see the car it actually makes you forget all its shortcomings . Have to see how this changes in the long run. Mileage, expectedly is not that great possibly its still early days; should improve in the coming months.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-drive.jpeg

~ Overall Exp - By now everyone knows the kind of cost cutting VW has done inside the car, so don't want to mention them again. If this is one's only car then you would slowly forget all these issues, but if you also drive other cars along with this then some things in this car might stick out like a sore thumb. AC will definitely disappoint and on a hot day it will even irritate as it will behave more like a fan than AC. on the positive side the car feels solid and planted like any VW, the touch screen infotainment and audio is decent, boot is massive, steering is lite and maneuverability is A class.

I even got the ceramic done for my car and here are the pics -

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_4055.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img6411.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_4047.jpg

So far the positives definitely outweigh the negatives; hoping for a good long term ownership.
simplyseenu is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 22:53   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
I have now ordered Hamaan wipers 450 the a piece.

The wiper sizes are 18" and 26" I've checked this and the bosch wipers I had earlier ordered fit perfectly.
Hi, can you please share your feedback and are they blade less ones ?
Old 28th September 2023, 00:14   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
Hi, can you please share your feedback and are they blade less ones ?

Yes. the Hamann wipers work great, they are frameless and did not disintegrate like the bosch did in a week's time. However, it depends on the seller you got. I bought mine from Amazon.
vividhavasthi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 18:41   #1521
BHPian

Hi Folks,
Yesterday in the middle of craziest traffic jam in ORR Bangalore I noticed the wipers making some noise and not operating smoothly but instead with jerks on my new Virtus. Is it something to do with the poor blade quality that many others have noted OR should I get it checked with Service center?

Also should I go for Bosch to get better quality blades or is there any better brand out there?
Old 28th September 2023, 18:56   #1522
BHPian

Dear Team-BHPians,

I hope this message finds you all in good health and high spirits. I am writing to you today as I find myself at a crossroads in my quest to own the Volkswagen Virtus GT. As a fellow auto enthusiast, I have always valued the opinions and insights of this community, which is why I am turning to you for guidance in making the right decision.

After much anticipation and excitement, I recently had the opportunity to test drive the Virtus GT, and I must say, it's an exhilarating car to be behind the wheel of. The turbocharged engine, sporty handling, and overall performance are truly impressive. However, there's a significant dilemma that I need your expertise to help me resolve.

During my test drive, I realized that the headroom in the GT Plus edition is insufficient for my comfort. It's a bit disappointing because I was eyeing the GT Plus primarily for its digital instrument cluster, better headlamps, and ventilated seats. These features had me sold, but the headroom issue has thrown a wrench into my plans.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_8974.jpeg

Upon further exploration, I discovered that the GT DSG variant, without the sunroof, offers the headroom I need. However, this variant lacks the digital instrument cluster, and I'm concerned that I might miss out on the superior visibility offered by the better headlamps.

As a dedicated member of the Team-BHP community, I value your opinions and experiences. I'm reaching out to seek your suggestions on how to approach this situation. Should I compromise on the headroom and stick with the GT Plus for the digital instrument cluster, better headlamps, and ventilated seats, or should I go for the GT DSG without the sunroof to ensure my headroom comfort?

Practically speaking, the headroom on GT Plus is a 2 finger gap between my head and the roof with seat height at the lowest,( view is also being partly blocked by front sun visor/ticket holder), In GT DSG the headroom is a good 4-5 finger gap. Note: this difference is only noticeable for the front driver seat, co passenger seat is also okay however the rear seats are almost equal in terms of headroom in both the GT DSG and GT Plus.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_8976.jpeg

Also this was the same reason why I had to cancel my Verna Turbo booking.

Additionally, I'd like to hear your thoughts on changing the alloys on the GT DSG variant, as the stock ones are not a deal-breaker for me. If you have any insights on alloy upgrades, please share them as well.

Your guidance means a lot to me, and I trust your collective wisdom in making this decision. I look forward to your valuable feedback, and I'm eager to hear your thoughts on how to make the most informed choice when it comes to the Volkswagen Virtus GT.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_8975.jpeg

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and I'm excited to become a proud owner of this remarkable car with your support and insights.

Cheers,
Bil.007
bil.007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 23:17   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil.007 View Post

During my test drive, I realized that the headroom in the GT Plus edition is insufficient for my comfort. It's a bit disappointing because I was eyeing the GT Plus primarily for its digital instrument cluster, better headlamps, and ventilated seats. These features had me sold, but the headroom issue has thrown a wrench into my plans.
More than the sunroof and instrument cluster, what the GT DSG misses majorly from the GT Plus is 6 airbags which I would suggest not to ignore.

Did you try adjusting the back of the front seat to different positions, may be a little slide backwards would help you get a better room in the GT Plus too. I have a habit of keeping the back of my seat tilted instead of straight, may be you can give it a try once.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 08:36   #1524
BHPian

Hi All, I am almost in the final stage of purchasing Virtus Topline AT Red.

Planning to get roof in black, one dealer is suggesting to go with paint (car warranty will not void if that is done from them & 1 year warranty is provided for paint) and in another dealership (one executive is suggesting to go with paint and another executive is suggesting to go with wrap as painting will spoil original car paint in future and will void warranty if painting is done from outside dealership).

I've physically seen the finish of blacked out roof in paint from the dealer who's providing warranty and it was excellent.

Can someone suggest which is good, paint or wrap?

Also, while test drive I asked SA if the steering, AC, power window issues are sorted. He said they're all rectified in OBD2 cars & dealership started receiving those cars.

As far as I know OBD2 is a port, but can someone shed some light on this OBD2 cars and how to find during PDI that I'm getting a car that got issues sorted at factory?
SaiChaithanya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 09:56   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
More than the sunroof and instrument cluster, what the GT DSG misses majorly from the GT Plus is 6 airbags which I would suggest not to ignore.

Did you try adjusting the back of the front seat to different positions, may be a little slide backwards would help you get a better room in the GT Plus too. I have a habit of keeping the back of my seat tilted instead of straight, may be you can give it a try once.

I did try to get my way using the reclining adjustments but it didn’t help much, also if it did help; I won’t be able to drive tilted backwards, I drive with slight adjustments only say about 95-100 Degrees backwards only. However if you’re saying this I’ll give it another try in the near future with a fresh approach, it may help as initially not much time was given adjusting the seats.

Also if VW/Service Center could figure out something to make the seat even lower would sort the issue.

Cheers,
Bil.007

Last edited by bil.007 : 29th September 2023 at 09:56. Reason: Typo
Old 29th September 2023, 12:15   #1526

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
. Keep us updated please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I had seen this issue in a post on FB which was later diagnosed to be a case of rat bite. Just be nice to the SA when you discuss about the issue so that they dont use the coding tweaks as an excuse to run away from the issue.

Fortunately it was limited to a rat bite for me too and nothing major.
They just rejoined the wiring via jointers and the issue was resolved.
Each jointer was obnoxiously priced at around ₹300 and a total ₹4000 was billed including diagnostics fees. They were very interested in the features that were unlocked via VCDS and did not raise any concern about its impact on warranty.
Venkygupta is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 19:40   #1527

Even I have noticed this on my car when it rained. First I thought it could be because of the hydrophobic nature of the glass after the overall ceramic treatment done to the car. If you haven't got that done to you car then I think its an issue with the wipers and we would have to get them replaced.
Old 29th September 2023, 19:49   #1528

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizz28 View Post
Hi Folks,
Yesterday in the middle of craziest traffic jam in ORR Bangalore I noticed the wipers making some noise and not operating smoothly but instead with jerks on my new Virtus. Is it something to do with the poor blade quality that many others have noted OR should I get it checked with Service center?

Also should I go for Bosch to get better quality blades or is there any better brand out there?
Even I have observed this on my car when it rained. First I thought the hydrophobic nature of the glass post ceramic treatment is causing the jerky moment on the glass. If you haven't got it done on your car, then its an issue with wipers and we would have to get it replaced.
Old 30th September 2023, 11:54   #1529
BHPian

I am looking at a used Virtus GT, however I want to dechrome it. I see a few out here, any pointers to getting it done in Bangalore?
Old 30th September 2023, 12:38   #1530
BHPian

I have done 2200 kms with my Virtus and just got the Ceramic Coating done. Looks stunning and Lava Blue looks different in different lights.Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_1056.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_1049.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_1055.jpg
mayank4823 is online now   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks