Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2023, 17:44   #1546
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

VW has also updated its lineup with the electric seats(including co-passenger), footwell illumination, sub-woofer and amplifier. Virtus GT with new features gets a price increase of 32k.

Can existing owners get the sub-woofer and amp fitted from the dealership?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot-20231003-5.39.52-pm.png  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 22:50   #1547
BHPian

The 'T' of GT on front grill flicked off by Jopasu Duster. What glue should be good to hold it and also not get squeezed out and dry all around it?
Or do I cut the Foam Tape in T and do it like VW did it?
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20231003_225016.jpg
Old 4th October 2023, 06:56   #1548

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
VW has also updated its lineup with the electric seats(including co-passenger), footwell illumination, sub-woofer and amplifier. Virtus GT with new features gets a price increase of 32k.

This is interesting. Noticed similar features for the Skoda as well. I hope the VW dealers start getting the subwoofers as an accessory for existing owners. Won’t be surprised if it takes a while for these to be available at the dealers though.
Old 4th October 2023, 07:05   #1549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manudon View Post
Finally took the plunge and bought the Topline Virtus 1.0 (Wild Cherry Red). My usage is primarily city driving, with a long highway trip (~800Km) every few months.

Accessories: I have not taken any accessories from the dealer. Will be fixing the dashcam from my old car here, and planning to get these Red & Black 7D mats from Amazon as they have good feedback. Are there better choices available which I should consider?

Are there any other accessories which are 'must have' for the car?
Congratulations! The cherry red is a nice color!
I’d suggest you check out the Pharoah 3D mats as well. I hope you got the essential package from the dealer though as some of those items are not easily available.

While I agree with others who suggest driving the car sedately during the first 1k kms, I found it hard to do so. Once you’re on the highway you’ll know what I mean .

Happy miles!
maverick81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 08:39   #1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick81 View Post
. I hope you got the essential package from the dealer though as some of those items are not easily available.
Thanks Macerick81! I have not taken any accessories as I was under the assumption that outside is always better for accessories. What does the essential package cover which would be difficult to get from outside?
Old 4th October 2023, 10:55   #1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manudon View Post
Thanks Macerick81! I have not taken any accessories as I was under the assumption that outside is always better for accessories. What does the essential package cover which would be difficult to get from outside?
While VW has these listed on their website, the actual list varies slightly from dealer to dealer.

3D Rubber Mat
Mudflaps
Sunblind's (Set of 4)
USB Charger with C-type cable
Waste BAG
Tissue Box
Torch
Pillow - VW Virtus

All of these are good quality accessories from VW. It’s difficult to get the sunblinds and the mudflaps from outside market that fit as well as the VW ones. Even the waste bag and the pillows are really good.
maverick81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 15:39   #1552
BHPian

Quote:

Wow, definitely interested in getting these installed as an accessory, really hope they are made available to old customer. In addition would also want the rear foglamp, which was added about 6 months ago.
kaushiksudra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 10:15   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with the dealer I recently bought GT from and since the sub and amp are factory fitted, as of this moment, it can’t be ordered to retrofit. I’m also very keen to get this done. But I have to say that even without these, the sound system is pretty impressive.
Jangra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 10:21   #1554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
I checked with the dealer I recently bought GT from and since the sub and amp are factory fitted, as of this moment, it can’t be ordered to retrofit. I’m also very keen to get this done. But I have to say that even without these, the sound system is pretty impressive.
I also recently bought GT plus and would have waited for a few months if I knew these new features are in pipeline.
flyingswan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 15:46   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingswan View Post
I also recently bought GT plus and would have waited for a few months if I knew these new features are in pipeline.
Same here. I was keen to get the amp+subwoffer combo as these are on CAN module of the car and work pretty well on the Slavia's audio system (the lucky ones ). The low notes are reproduced well. I'm not sure what level of electronic seat adjustment VW will provide. Verna's one feels pretty slow and gimmicky.

Last edited by Wohroy : 5th October 2023 at 15:51.
Old 9th October 2023, 16:47   #1556

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick81 View Post

Thanks lckshmi!

Delivery experience:

While the dealer ensured timely delivery, the experience in the showroom was not pleasant. What I didn’t like was that the sales advisor was not forthcoming and honest, particularly about availability of certain parts and accessories. He had agreed to provide the sporty pedals but on the delivery day, he said those are not available. On probing further he tried to dodge by giving vague reasons. The car wasn’t really clean and the delivery was delayed by an hour despite calling and confirming the appointment. No accessories were available in the showroom so anything I wanted to add was only listed in the website but there were no products on display. The list of issues goes on. I will just say that it wasn’t the right experience.
Update on the dealership experience
I do want to call out the positive experience with the SA from PPS Motors over the last few weeks. I have had a few follow up questions related to the vehicle and the SA has been very helpful and responsive. While the delivery experience was not ideal, the follow through has been positive and I wanted to call that out.

Sporty pedals - The SA also clarified that the sporty pedals from the Tiguan are compatible with the Virtus 1.0 AT. The alternative options provided by some dealers may require welding/other changes which are not recommended. The Tiguan sporty pedals are compatible but are priced much higher.
Old 11th October 2023, 15:57   #1557
BHPian

Anyone with any idea about these faults? Came when giving for service. Changed oil + oil filter and this popped up. VW service here doesn’t look knowledgeable enough to rectify this.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-05ca1c4481814aedbacf1c7f6b419943.jpeg
Old 11th October 2023, 16:00   #1558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Anyone with any idea about these faults? Came when giving for service. Changed oil + oil filter and this popped up. VW service here doesn’t look knowledgeable enough to rectify this.

Attachment 2516414
Try shutting the car down totally lock doors, wait for 30 mins and this should go away. Else one control unit must be sending bad messages on the CAN which these two controllers are reporting.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 21:57   #1559
BHPian

Hello fellow members,

I have booked myself a Reflex Silver Virtus GT Plus 1.5 in MT. My version will be the latest with tye new features added (electric seats, footwell illumination, amplifier-subwoofer)

Dealer has promised to deliver in October.

After booking, I was also gifted some cool goodies from the dealer which has elevated my experience with Volkswagen.

Regards,

Attaching some pics of the goodies being given.
I like the sipper on particular it's solidly built and has a mechanism that prevents it from falling over.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20231011_214843.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20231011_214949.jpg
CoconutCar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 22:12   #1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Were there any warning lights on dashboard or some loss of functionality like steering wheel locked?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks