Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2023, 21:35   #1576

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

First impressions of the 1.0 Topline AT:

Good:
1. Good, firm handling. Handles bad roads very well.
2. Reasonably powerful engine to give an enjoyable driving experience in the city and the highway.
3. Engine is fairly refined. I haven't pushed it to hard since the car has done just 500 km

Could be better:
1. AC is inadequate with 2 adults and 2 kids, even at the lowest setting. Leatherette seats compound the problem, especially for the rear seats
2. Noticeable lag / gear confusion when sudden acceleration in the second or first gear is needed. The transmission at higher gears is relatively quick and smooth.
3. AC hissing sound and slow front power window motor. Wondering if there's anything possible.
4. The power steering buttons feel like there should have been additional functionality (mute, play /pause, stop). Also there's one button which is unassigned.. Need to figure out if this is programmable.

Will be taking it for a 1000km trip shortly. Will have consciously keep changing the speed as engine is still getting run in.

Also, found the My Volkswagen app very underwhelming in the info it gives.
Manudon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 22:01   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msri3here View Post
Haven't got any pics till now. Will take some and upload later today.
Hello

Humble request you to provide pics of the setup especially the drilling on ORVMs.

I am interested in getting these

Regards
Old 16th October 2023, 23:30   #1578
BHPian

I am planning to buy the 1.5 GT DSG without sunroof and I’m getting upto 1 lac discount.
Anyone who purchased a GT recently, what discounts have you been offered in Mumbai?

The only bummer is 2 airbags. Will be checking out the Slavia to see if they have a version without sunroof and atleast 4 airbags.
Old 17th October 2023, 19:53   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
Hi msri3here, can you please share your feedback / review of this 360 camera system now that you have been using it for over 6 months? Are the response / camera images delayed? I’m thinking of having it installed.
Sorry about the delayed response.
Here are the pros and cons based on my experience.

Pros:

1. Helps a lot when parking in tight spaces, like the parking space I have in my apartment. Mine is low in width and I prefer parking in ready-to-go mode.
2. Camera views/angles can be controlled by Steering-mounted control buttons.
3. Good daytime visibility and manageable night time visibility too.
4. Plug and play. No wires cut or external wires hanging around. I got it installed by VW guys before delivery itself and they promised no impact to the warranty.
5. Has the option to record front camera view, although I haven't tried it. So, can double as a dash cam, but the recording might not cover the angles we would want to because of low camera placement.

Cons:

1. Doesn't utilise the full 10" screen real estate. I think views would be much better if it had.
2. Need to either engage reverse gear or indicators or remote control to start the display. Minor inconvenience.
3. Settings within the app are not intuitive. Looks like a true translation from Chinese. I couldn't make head or tail of it.
4. One needs to get used to the distance of objects from the vehicle. I had a couple of incidents where I thought there was enough space but objects were too close. Saved by a whisker. Possibly to do with proper calibration, but not sure.

Overall, I am satisfied with the experience. Of course, there are some Android-based 360 camera setups, but they would require infotainment unit replacement.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th October 2023 at 22:43. Reason: Typos
msri3here is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 19:57   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutCar View Post
Hello

Humble request you to provide pics of the setup especially the drilling on ORVMs.

I am interested in getting these

Regards
Drilling is not visible externally. This is how it looks on my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230414_142132.jpg  

msri3here is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 22:50   #1581

Hi all, I just got this quote from a dealer in Bangalore for VW Virtus Topline 1.0 AT. Can you folks tell me if the discounts and freebies are good enough? Volkswagen Virtus Review-whatsapp-image-20231017-7.25.51-pm.jpeg
amimoiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 01:27   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amimoiz View Post
Hi all, I just got this quote from a dealer in Bangalore for VW Virtus Topline 1.0 AT. Can you folks tell me if the discounts and freebies are good enough? Attachment 2518539
It’s a good deal AFAIK. If you’re interested in SVP & extended warranty, add these 2 and negotiate which should benefit you.
Old 18th October 2023, 05:22   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all, I just got this quote from a dealer in Bangalore for VW Virtus Topline 1.0 AT. Can you folks tell me if the discounts and freebies are good enough? Attachment 2518539
Why not GT in a lower trip if don’t want to spend more? It would cost you exactly the same Not justifying the need for 6 airbag but
1. driving experience is much more refined and better
2. Fuel economy on par with 1.0 if driven sedately
3. You’ll enjoy your long drives wearing an enthusiastic hat
Just have your dealer color those wheels black - that is what I did

Enjoy shopping
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_0037.jpeg  

Old 18th October 2023, 06:20   #1584

Quote:
The insurance still seems high. You can check the options online and ask them to match the insurance offer.

Definitely recommend adding SVP. And extended warranty if possible.
Old 18th October 2023, 08:24   #1585
BHPian

This is my quote for Virtus GT+ MT (New version electric seats) Saying this because Ex Price for model without seats was 16.89. After additions of few features it's now 17.21

The quote was 19.95 with accessories
He deleted accessories worth 11,500 and arrived at 19.83.

He gave me final quote of 19.40

Insurance is comprehensive amd from dealer.
When I asked him from where will He reduce 43,000, He said don't worry we will manage it somehow.

Since Insurance is quoted at 63k I think, 30k easily can be shaven from here.
I do not know from where rest discount is coming.

It does not include SVP and EW.

He also said GT+ variants do not have discounts available. It is only 1.0 and it's variants with good Discounts. So he refused more Discounts on GT+

He has quoted me 11.5k for full accessories set. So basically, I am paying 19.50.

Please provide inputs
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-20231010_093044.jpg  

Old 18th October 2023, 12:42   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutCar View Post
He also said GT+ variants do not have discounts available. It is only 1.0 and it's variants with good Discounts. So he refused more Discounts on GT+
I bought GT+ DSG in August. Discount for me was 40k+free accessory kit. So around 50k. I took my own insurance from Tata Aig for around 39k, so insurance discount was not included in the discount I got.

Last edited by ampere : 7th November 2023 at 07:58. Reason: compacted quoted post
SidR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 15:05   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msri3here View Post
Here are the pros and cons based on my experience.
Hi msri3here, does this work with Carplay working in parallel to it?

Are you able to use AA/AC for playing music and switch on the 360 camera as well while on the go?

Are there any speed limitations? Does it work only at low speed?

Apologies for asking so many questions but I haven't used such a setup before and am not sure if such information is available with car accessory shops.
Old 18th October 2023, 16:25   #1588

I inquired about 360 degree camera to dealer in Ahmedabad and they have given quotation of 35000 which seems reasonable.
They seem to outsource the work to third party and camera result seems okayish. But going with dealer so that future warranty problems do not arise.
Atleast it would be better than the OEM reverse camera.
Old 18th October 2023, 16:43   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
Hi msri3here, does this work with Carplay working in parallel to it?

Are you able to use AA/AC for playing music and switch on the 360 camera as well while on the go?

Are there any speed limitations? Does it work only at low speed?

Apologies for asking so many questions but I haven't used such a setup before and am not sure if such information is available with car accessory shops.
Yes I run music on wireless Android Auto while parking my car using the 360 cam. Camera also works when indicators turn on and music keeps playing in the background. Only thing is, you wont be able to control the music, like playing next song or increasing the volume using steering controls or infotainment system, because those keys on Steering are used to change camera views when camera is running and infotainment is displaying camera views.

I didnt face any speed limitations because the camera mostly comes into picture when I am either reversing or making a turn, which happens mostly at lower speeds only. Never tried turning on the camera while car is going at high speeds.

Dont worry about asking questions.we are all here to ask questions and learn things from each other

Last edited by msri3here : 18th October 2023 at 16:44.
msri3here is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 17:32   #1590

Since last month, the Apple Car Play keeps getting disconnected. Has anyone else faced a similar situation and is there a solution?

Also, last week, I drove on the new Bangalore - Mysore expressway for the first time. Maintaining highway speeds with gentle throttle input resulted in an avg. efficiency of 17 kmpl, my highest ever on this car!
Roads&Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks