Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2024, 18:34   #2026

Re: 2024 Virtus GT DSG: 2000 Kms Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Congrats on your purchase and which you many happy miles with it. One question though - I thought the GT came with black alloys..or is that another variant.

Drive on,
Shibu
I too have same question, this one is identical to my Highline's. Seems black alloys are for GT Plus. But personally, Topline's alloys look best.
Old 3rd May 2024, 20:30   #2027

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
One question though - I thought the GT came with black alloys..or is that another variant.

Drive on,
Shibu
This is the first variant in dynamic line (1.5L). GT Plus has black alloys and a bunch of other features like 6 airbags, ventilated seats, sunroof etc.
adith97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 20:35   #2028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katryks View Post
Great Choice,

I purchased mine in Nov 2023 and has been a great ownership till date. I am a bit surprised that you found Honda City not that comfortable compared to the Virtus. I have driven City for more than 10 years and the amount of space and comfort it offers is one of the best in the segment (definetely more than Virtus when it comes to the space).
Thank you. I'm 6ft 3 inches and for my height City was a uncomfortable. I always by default keep the AC at its lowest setting and it works fine for me.
Old 3rd May 2024, 23:04   #2029

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Quick question folks.
Does Virtus GT Plus (older 1.5 DSG model) have dual or single horns?
While sometimes, it sounds good enough, other times it feels feeble than the dual horn I have on my stock 2013 i20.

I keep wondering if I need to change to the VW Trumpets or let it be. I don't use it much but it's more or less necessary in City traffic.
Hi,

Blindly go ahead with the Trumpet Horn, it's worth it, I am very happy with the Trumpet Horn.
TurboCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 23:12   #2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Congrats on your car. I've driven my Virtus DSG close to 20k kilometres now. My suggestion for city use is - "Be gentle on the accelerator when navigating traffic or speed bumps or bad patches of road." It is in these places the DSG slams between 1 and 2 gears. This could be completely avoided if one is very gentle on the accelerator. I've got the hang of it. You too will. I recently drove from Coimbatore to Bangalore and the stats will amaze you- Average speed: 78 kmph, FE: 17.8 km. Covered 360 kilometres in approx 5 hours. I exclusively use only XP95. Night and day difference between regular fuel and XP95 especially when you are revving it hard.

Hi,

I hail from Coimbatore, Used to work in Bangalore & now in Chennai, I travel often between 3 Cities, My Bangalore - Coimbatore drive gave me 19 kmpl once, 100% highway from Nice road to Coimbatore L&T bypass.

In another drive in Sorts mode, I just got 14.8 kmpl, but the car was just wow to drive.

Cheers !!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240101wa0017.jpg  

TurboCruiser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 12:38   #2031
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Completed 3,000 km on Virtus 1.0 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakshay View Post
Noticed a strange aspect of the analogue speedometer cluster - the cluster lights up in daylight, but as the natural light fades in the evenings, only the needles are lit and numbers aren't. This is in the off or parking lights setting. Very strange configuration, wouldn't it be better if they are lit in the dark and unlit in the daytime? Only when headlights are on does the cluster light up fully.

Before I set off on a Bangalore - Mangalore - Bangalore run, decided to check the alignment and balancing of the wheels at Madhu's. They were surprised that I wanted to check on a car run just 2k kms but obliged. There were minor corrections made to both alignment and balancing, I'm sensitive to all sensations in a car and I felt it wasn't quite 100% after getting delivery. Glad I got it checked. Also filled Nitrogen in the tyres which is probably more of a psychological benefit than anything.

The speedometer's behavior is pretty normal, and it's a gentle reminder to switch on the headlight. I've seen people driving with only DRL, and to avoid such things, Volkswagen might decided to use this approach to make people turn on their lights when auto lights aren't available.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th May 2024 at 12:48. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
sha_RON_p is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 16:33   #2032
BHPian

I just completed a week long 1500km road trip in the Virtus 1.5 DSG. Hyderabad - Hampi - Goa and back. It was a combination of all types of roads. It was a pleasure cruising at triple digit speeds. Also got ample opportunity to use the sport mode in the Ghats and during heavy highway traffic for overtaking. The handling and driving dynamics in sport mode was an absolute delight, but I think it comes at the cost of fuel economy. Overall, the performance from the drivers point of view and comfort for the entire family of three was excellent. Although, I did observe a couple of cons like the rear edge of the seat sliders of both the driver and co driver seats donot have a stopper at the rear and the metal edges are exposed to the rear passenger; and the quality of the seat belt material looks compromised as on one occasion the rear seat belt buckle slider was stuck as the seat belt had folded. Otherwise it was a smooth experience.

Last edited by Mustang111 : 6th May 2024 at 16:50. Reason: One spelling mistake was observed
Mustang111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 01:23   #2033
BHPian

The Volkswagen Virtus is making waves across the sedan segment in India, slowly but surely earning the 'cult' status tag. With its exceptional looks and outstanding performance, it has captured the hearts of many Virtus fans, whether in the 1.0 guise or the 1.5-liter guise. Since its launch, mine was among the first few batches in India to be delivered, and the ownership experience has been nothing short of outstanding. Now, at the two-year mark and approximately 13,000 kilometers, it's been an overwhelming experience. You never get tired of driving it or taking it for a spin. It serves perfectly as a daily driver or a weekend ride for car meets. Speaking of which, Virtus car meets are occurring all over the country. These one-make, one-type car meets, which I haven't seen gain much popularity before, bring a new level of excitement. As an automobile buff, it brings a lot of pleasure to mundane Sundays, which are now converted to early morning drives and Virtus car meets.
Here are a few of the sunday Morning Virtus meets.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20231112_101936-1.jpg
These car meets make the ownership experience more enjoyable. Just simple breakfast meet-ups, and then everyone discussing their cars and what they've added or done. They discuss service experiences and help others out with any issues, sharing their own experiences, etc.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20240126_130205.jpg
Also, it makes people want a Virtus more. It becomes more of an enjoyable hobby, albeit a very expensive one. Just imagine the sight of a Virtus convoy on the road..

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20240303_120219.jpg
Car meets make for a new hobby, passion, and fun, especially with the added joy of taking pictures. Reminds me alot of my Gta 5 car meets.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20240325_095723.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20240428_080438.jpg
These gatherings of Virtus enthusiasts brighten Sunday mornings as they convene for spirited discussions and a display of their beloved rides at a pre defined location.
raycers_honda is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 01:34   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha_RON_p View Post
The speedometer's behavior is pretty normal, and it's a gentle reminder to switch on the headlight. I've seen people driving with only DRL, and to avoid such things, Volkswagen might decided to use this approach to make people turn on their lights when auto lights aren't available.
I find it quite annoying that in the city, the street lights are quite adequate. I wish Volkswagen provided an option or some sort of solution for this. I have the 1.0 Highline Manual and face the same issue. Apparently, it is mentioned in the owner's handbook somewhere regarding this. I should be able to see the instrument cluster at night if I choose to turn off the lights. I guess some things are overthought and over engineered.
When I was just getting to know the car in its earlier days, I was a bit shocked and thought that something had broken in my brand new car.
Old 8th May 2024, 09:45   #2035
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
I find it quite annoying that in the city, the street lights are quite adequate. I wish Volkswagen provided an option or some sort of solution for this. I have the 1.0 Highline Manual and face the same issue. Apparently, it is mentioned in the owner's handbook somewhere regarding this. I should be able to see the instrument cluster at night if I choose to turn off the lights. I guess some things are overthought and over engineered.
When I was just getting to know the car in its earlier days, I was a bit shocked and thought that something had broken in my brand new car.
I think Vcds coding will help to get rid of this problem. But I haven't seen anyone coded this.
Old 9th May 2024, 22:28   #2036
BHPian

Took delivery of my Virtus GT Plus DSG last week. The car is absolutely fantastic. It came with electric seats and subwoofer as part of MY 24 update. Power, looks, interior every thing is spot on. This car is a complete package and value for money. Was in a stage looking for A4 Premium and almost closed the deal. In a different suitation, test drove this and liked the car and has features at half the price of the A4. Closed my eyes and booked it.

Have observed issue in the front door speakers. When playing songs which has bass, getting errr or jarring sound in the front doors like vibrating which causes irritation. Not sure if there is any issue with the speakers.
Is this rectifiable? Can Any audio experts can help me out here? Checked with local shops here and they told me it can be reduced with dampening. Not sure if this is because Volkswagen added sub and amplifier and did not do proper sound dampening that this is happening
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-7822ba99678544dc98b4415b4370fd5d.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-df6c1a125a6b44c4923baee7b5d9d558.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-9b93e2f1891d4f3a995b24c57cc117e1.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-f361d2119209440288035e025baca0c1.jpeg  

ramb is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 17:56   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb View Post
Took delivery of my Virtus GT Plus DSG last week. Was in a stage looking for A4 Premium and almost closed the deal. In a different suitation, test drove this and liked the car and has features at half the price of the A4. Closed my eyes and booked it.

Have observed issue in the front door speakers. When playing songs which has bass, getting errr or jarring sound in the front doors like vibrating which causes irritation. Not sure if there is any issue with the speakers.
Congratulations on your purchase! It speaks volumes about the Virtus that you let go an A4 and decided to go with this beauty instead.

One thing I've noticed in my Virtus is that when bottles are placed in the doors they do audible vibrate. If you've done the same, please remove any bottles and see if the vibration still occurs. If this is not the cause, try reducing the bass on the MID and see if that is what's causing this.
neoakshay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 20:31   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakshay View Post
Congratulations on your purchase! It speaks volumes about the Virtus that you let go an A4 and decided to go with this beauty instead.

One thing I've noticed in my Virtus is that when bottles are placed in the doors they do audible vibrate. If you've done the same, please remove any bottles and see if the vibration still occurs. If this is not the cause, try reducing the bass on the MID and see if that is what's causing this.
Thanks. It really is a special car. Will surely leap into cult status for Volkswagen.
What I hear from close quarters is that they ironed out all small issues with slavia’s initial issues and then launched the virtus later.

I had water bottles in front doors. Will remove them and re check the audio issue.
ramb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 23:33   #2039
BHPian

Virtus owners, please provide feedback on air conditioning in 1.5 GT model. Is it adequate or chilling.

For me A/c cooling is paramount for purchasing a new car. North Indian summer is quite harsh and my route is bumper to bumper traffic. Ac needs to chill quite fast.
Old 11th May 2024, 08:41   #2040

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
Virtus owners, please provide feedback on air conditioning in 1.5 GT model. Is it adequate or chilling.

For me A/c cooling is paramount for purchasing a new car. North Indian summer is quite harsh and my route is bumper to bumper traffic. Ac needs to chill quite fast.
AC is good in the 1.5 model but not the best. Plenty of cars have much better AC cooling efficiency. We have a Kwid as a secondary car and the AC in that thing is like a freezer, Chills the cabin within few mins & in the same heat, the Virtus 1.5 struggles.

A friend has a Virtus 1.0. The AC actually is quite bad. Don't know what VW was thinking putting in such a pathetic AC for a Car in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks