Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2024, 02:45   #1906
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhead View Post
Are there any good options for rat repellant or parking cover ? Please share links. My car is slated for delivery next week. My building has an open parking hence worried about dust accumulation and rats.
Sorry for the late reply. Check out neodrift website. I got the cover for my Virtus from that website and it’s really good.
Old 27th March 2024, 12:00   #1907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang111 View Post
Finally almost made up my mind to go ahead with Virtus GT DSG to replace my Global Fiesta Petrol 1.5. Liked the red Virtus the best but not a fan of red interiors. The dilemma is between Lava Blue and Silver. Prefer the Lava Blue slightly more as it's the only non dual tone color available. But Lava Blue too comes with black alloys and red brake calipers. Would have been better with normal coloured calipers and alloys. Also thought the wiper blades were out of place, looked cheap/ cost cutting measure. Everything else felt satisfactory. And most importantly the drive was a pleasure. Everything was spot on while driving the car. Guess other factors are trivial or secondary. Looking for comments and suggestions...
Congratulations in advance. Wishing you safe and happy driving
silver_bullet24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 23:27   #1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiChaithanya View Post
AC vents below the infotainment screen are not throwing air whereas either sides of dash & rear vents are working good.

What could be the cause? Anybody facing same?

Mine is 2023 Aug manufactured Topline AT.
Kindly check the mode on AC control unit. During some modes air from middle vents are diverted to windscreen or footwell area.
flyingswan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 02:37   #1909
BHPian

Has anyone here dechromed their Virtus ? What’s the most effective method ? Just want the front and back grill dechromed. Edited the car pics in my phone and it looked better in my opinion.
Old 30th March 2024, 14:27   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Completed 15,000kms on my Virtus GT+ DSG and has been a great 4 months with the car.

Attachment 2554010
That's some serious mile munching there Ivin !

And needless to say , you ride looks fab in this picture. I would agree with other BHPians , your car is one the best looking Virtus'es on the forum ; or dare I the say THE best !

Bdw , your ownership review is still awaited.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 16:46   #1911
BHPian

My First German Car!

Hi fellow bhpians,

I just booked the VW Virtus 1.0 Highline MT (Reflex Silver) at Palace Cross yesterday and delivery is promised by mid of next week. VIN is MEXA24D21RT027096 which means Jan 2024 if I'm not mistaken.

I currently have a 2005 Santro Xing that has only clocked 86k kms as I've been mostly using bikes for commuting, work and touring (Currently own a KTM 390 Adv and a Pulsar N250). The Santro is in excellent shape and is still very smooth and peppy - looks like new and running Amsoil synthetic oil along with a BMC air filter and a mellow but racy custom exhaust. Might hold on to it as a beater for the city, but truly not sure how much I will drive it once the Virtus arrives

I'm really thrilled to own a German sedan finally, especially since I worked with VW back in 2010 around the Polo launch. I wish my dad was around to witness this day as he was a huge VW fan, unfortunately lost him to cancer little over a year ago. I remember how proud he was when I took him for a showroom visit and took him for a spin in all the test drive cars. I remember he got a bit unnerved when I demonstrated the acceleration that some of the cars were capable of (Passar 1.8 TSI, Jetta 2.0D), he didnt say anything at the moment, but later acknowledged that I'm a good driver (my proudest moment!). He taught me how to drive when I was 14 and we owned a Fiat 1100D and M800 back then.

Currently at work I have cars such as Innovas, Ertigas, Nexon EVs and even my boss's BMW 6GT and Skoda Kodiaq at my disposal, but it's hard to get the cars when you really need them. Decided to take the plunge and buy a car of my own especially since the company wasn't very clear on a lease plan.

All in all my wife and me are proud to have booked our first car. This Tbhp thread has been a great resource to understand the good, the bad and the ugly of the Virtus and I cant wait to start clocking miles on mine. A big THANK YOU to everyone who contributes here
neoakshay is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 15:25   #1912
BHPian

Some of the negatives I forgot to mention:

I went with a pre-approved ICICI car loan and they didn't have the dealership listed! Very strange as this is the first and oldest dealership in Bangalore. The icici reps and also the showroom folks were puzzled. It took them 2 days just to get it updated, meanwhile I got multiple calls saying "it will happen in 1 hour"

The 1.0 Highline MT was around 17L onroad and the written quote brought it down to 16.17 which I was very happy about. Was originally about to book the Comfortline which was 14.43L onroad. As they didn't have lower models on display or anywhere else for me to see, I checked online and was shocked at how basic the Comfortline interiors were! Plain Jane dashboard with most of the trims removed, matt black plastic all over the car rather than the glossy one. Handrests both front and back removed, etc. It was a shocker. Decided to stretch the budget for the Highline and it was very difficult to arrange for the additional downpayment.

The discounted quote once officially sent was suddenly 16.47L and when I enquired, the showroom team said they forgot to include the insurance Felt quite cheated and was about to cancel the booking, but decided to not let a 30k difference spoil the experience of buying a great car. It's still a 50k+ discount on a 2024 model which the dealer said was purely given from their side as VW doesn't give any discounts on current cars.

Once the dealer details were re-uploaded to the icici portal, I went ahead with the process and it was quick. In excitement I went ahead and disbursed the loan to the dealership late last evening. Suddenly remembered I haven't seen the car or done the PDI (absolutely noob move on my part) and quickly asked the showroom not to allot the car until I've done this. They said I can see the vehicle at the stockyard on Monday as only sales teams work on Sundays. A good lesson in not being impatient and over-excited when purchasing a new vehicle.

Sorry for the long posts. Just speaking my mind..
neoakshay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 20:58   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
That's some serious mile munching there Ivin !

And needless to say , you ride looks fab in this picture. I would agree with other BHPians , your car is one the best looking Virtus'es on the forum ; or dare I the say THE best !

Bdw , your ownership review is still awaited.
Thank you brother. She is well past 20k now. No time to put time into a new thread as of now. Hopefully will do soon
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 11:27   #1914

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakshay View Post
Some of the negatives I forgot to mention:
======
Sorry for the long posts. Just speaking my mind..

Dear neoakshay,

Heartiest Congratulations on your buy!

The Sales Advisor / Dealer will try to sell you some "must have accessories". Please note that the SA gets a commission on every such sale. So be selective on what you actually need. I feel that the cushions, the waste bag, tissue box etc. are a total waste of money. Mud-flaps are a must, of course. 7D mats are also useful. You can take a call on under-bonnet damping. They may also try to sell the earlier VW Horn. I didn't purchase it as I try to avoid honking as much as possible and hence, I was satisfied with the present horn. Puddle lamps look attractive in the darkness, but proper installation / fitting is a must (see my post).

Wishing you miles and miles of safe driving.
silver_bullet24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:42   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_bullet24 View Post

Heartiest Congratulations on your buy!

The Sales Advisor / Dealer will try to sell you some "must have accessories". Please note that the SA gets a commission on every such sale. So be selective on what you actually need. They may also try to sell the earlier VW Horn. I didn't purchase it as I try to avoid honking as much as possible and hence, I was satisfied with the present horn.

Wishing you miles and miles of safe driving.
Thanks for the wishes! I did see your post about the puddle lamps. The accessories you speak of have been added to the quote as 12k. I didn't know I could select what I want from them. Attaching the quote below:

Volkswagen Virtus Review-vw-quote.jpg

I also went to their stockyard at Nelamangala and did a PDI with the checklist available on Tbhp and found the car to be perfect. My first glimpse at my 2nd wife

Volkswagen Virtus Review-vw-pdi-1.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-vw-pdi-2.jpg
neoakshay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 13:57   #1916
BHPian

Took a longish test drive of the 1.5 TSI DSG today in Bangalore and thought would share some of the things I liked, disliked and few things I found mildly infuriating.

I had gone for my HSRP fitment for my Polo to KUN VW, JP Nagar where I enquired about the Virtus GT. A very professional and helpful Mr. Mohammed Saleem helped me with the details, but since the TD vehicle had gone out to another prospect, I couldn't take a test drive then. So today, he got the car to Bellandur, a good 12 km from his dealership and gave me a 10km test drive.
Shoutout to Saleem for going the extra mile.

Coming to the test drive, the TD vehicle was fairly new and had run only 10k kms so far, and was well maintained and clean. Kudos to KUN VW.

Here's what I liked:
  1. The 1.5L TSI paired with DSG is by far the best engine gearbox combo in the segment. Coming from 1.2 TSI, the big brother is even more exhilarating to drive
  2. The suspension is very good at handling bad roads. I took the TD on a road I usually travel on in the Polo and there was a world of difference. Also, took the Bellandur lake road at a decent click (empty weekday afternoon), and the car handled quite well. For those who know this road, it is a series of decent bends and a good tarmac. Of course nothing close to testing a car like Virtus for handling, but the road gives a good perspective since I drive quite often on it
  3. The seats are very comfortable, both front and rear. Although rear seats felt a little low to me, or lacked under thigh support.
  4. Braking performance was good, and nothing compared to what I have come to experience from the TVS brakes on my Polo. I was pleasantly surprised and hopefully these don't warp as early as the ones on the Polo.
  5. AC is very capable & ventilated seats are a boon. Took the TD at 12:30, and the car kept me cool
  6. The space at the rear is very good. I'm 5'10'' and I could sit easily behind my driving seat with enough wiggle room for my knees and foot
  7. Paddle shifters are very convenient for that quick overtake

Things that I disliked:
  1. Everyhting is touch sensitive. Thankfully VW listened to customers and are reverting back to buttons. But current models probably wont get that
  2. The armrest is essentially just a lid for the storage beneath. Even in fully forward position, I couldn't rest my arms and hold the steering at the same time
  3. Not a fan of the body colored dashboard trim. At least it's only on the red car. White one gets a silver insert instead, thankfully!
  4. Could have given soft touch material on the dash and door for a 24L car. Creta, Hector and a few others do, and Verna too I think

Things I found mildly infuriating (mostly cost cutting in the wrong places):
  1. One touch up-down window for driver only. My 6yo Polo has it all around
  2. That puny little horn... Why VW!!
  3. Is it just me or has plastic quality gone down compared to the previous decade of VWs?
  4. No mute button on the steering wheel. You gotta fiddle with the touch screen. Even Saleem wasn't sure where it was, until the younger associate accompanying him informed us to press (ugh touch) the power button on the screen to mute/unmute
  5. There's a button on the steering on the left side that is not connected to any function, and nor can we do it in the settings

Still, with all the dislikes and irks, the pros far outweigh the cons, and this seems like a logical upgrade from the Polo. Soon!
GrandTourer is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 22:20   #1917
BHPian

Took a test drive of the Virtus GT Plus last week and have booked a lava blue one. During the test drive, I was told that all the windows were one touch, but did not personally try out. No soft touch materuals on on dash board is sort of a let down. But overall the handling and drive quality prevailed over other factors in making up my mind
Mustang111 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 23:35   #1918

Hi all. Got myself a Virtus 1.5 GT last August. Overall pretty satisfied with the purchase. Is there anyway I can improve the high beam of the car? It's fine on an empty strech of road but as soon as a car like Baleno, Hector, Seltos, sonet, Creta etc ( you all get the picture) comes with their high beam I can't see anything ahead. Even if I flash the lights it doesn't make any difference. I feel the difference whenever I drive my father's Hector and I flash some high beamer, they go to low beam. I just want my oncoming traffic to drive on low beam just like me so that both of us can see but people don't do it unless you bully them with your brighter lights. Is it just me?
Old 5th April 2024, 01:02   #1919
BHPian

Got my Virtus!

It was a quick delivery today as the showroom team was very busy with about 4-5 deliveries happening simultaneously. Good to see Virtus' and Taiguns hitting the road!

Delivery was smooth and as nice as can be expected. The music they play while unveiling the car is like a children's nursery rhyme The only miss was they forgot to hand over the owner's manual, which when I called later the sales person kindly offered to drop it home tomorrow. Happy with the date today - 04.04.24!

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20240404_181226.jpg
The keen-eyed amongst you will notice that the lettering on the numberplate is slanted and my OCD wishes I'd never seen it. Will request for a new plate and hope the showroom obliges!

Meanwhile, downloaded the owner's manual and found that running-in period recommendation is not to exceed 75% of the max engine speed (which is around 4,500 rpm out of the full ~6,000 rpm) for the first 1,000 km. Also found this interesting line:

Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20240405_005024_drive.jpg

So the oldskool method of idling the car in the morning for atleast 30 seconds seems moot. VW suggests to start driving as soon as you start the engine if possible. This was very interesting to me! Ofcourse you have to drive gently and can't rev up straight out of the gate.
neoakshay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 08:31   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank4823 View Post
Has anyone here dechromed their Virtus ?
Not the Virtus, but here is a Taigun dechromed :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5694801 (Volkswagen Taigun Review)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks