Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2024, 00:34   #1771

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv4747 View Post
Anyone from Chennai or TN has the lead for hood insulation? I tried Sundaram and OMR showroom service/accessories. No proper response!

Let me know if anyone has done it.
I have also tried, I am not getting a right place to fit, I shall explore more options. I took Virtus from OMR & I work near Sundaram VW showroom. But no use, we have to try outside.
TurboCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 13:42   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetah24 View Post
Electrics seats are available at an additional 60k.

Can someone guide me on whether this is a good deal or if I should get the 24 model (with no deals)?
Discount looks good, you can ask to add either the SVP or extended warranty along with this.

Its interesting to see they mentioned that electric seats are available for 60k. Is it a dealer level fitment and can we get only driver side seat for 30k? Can you please check if earlier cars can get this done at dealer and no additional setup is needed for this to work. I would be interested to get this done if cost is reasonable for driver seat alone.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 13:48   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCruiser View Post
Hi,

Sometime when I am cruising on 100 kmph, our family will ask why are we going so slow ?

Hope to have such positive experience over the years.
Same here but with 1.0. I asked the backseat passengers to guess the speed on a long trip. They guessed 65-70 while we were cruising at 100+. The quiet cabin and smooth drive is a bliss specially on long routes. I managed to get 19+ Fuel Efficiency on my 1.0 on a 320 kms run.

Quote:
Anyone from Chennai or TN has the lead for hood insulation? I tried Sundaram and OMR showroom service/accessories. No proper response!

Let me know if anyone has done it.
I am from Jaipur and just came back from the SC. They told me that they won't be able to do the hood insulation for 1.0. If I had a 1.5, they would do it if it was missing from my car. But on 1.0, they refused.
Old 19th January 2024, 17:33   #1774

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Discount looks good, you can ask to add either the SVP or extended warranty along with this.

Its interesting to see they mentioned that electric seats are available for 60k. Is it a dealer level fitment and can we get only driver side seat for 30k? Can you please check if earlier cars can get this done at dealer and no additional setup is needed for this to work. I would be interested to get this done if cost is reasonable for driver seat alone.
The seats are factory fitted. They gave me a separate quote for it which I've not shared here. Mostly going to stick to manual seats.
sheetah24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 11:08   #1775
BHPian

So, I am sharing this so that fellow Virtus owners know what to expect when battery level goes very low.

My car was parked for exactly a week (well actually 6.5 days) since I was sick and did not need to go out. My dashcam was left connected to the 12v charging point, the entire time.

First indications, that I did not pay much attention to, was that the request sensors were not working. If I knew it was a battery issue, I would have atleast switched off ac and auto headlights etc, before attempting. Unfortunately I did not and the car refused to start. Also on subsequent attempts the following things started happening:-

1) Every time you hit the start button you feel a quick jerk - I
think twice. Its not like the cranking sound in cars with key start. Mentioning it since it was odd and every time it jerked it had a weird, not so pleasant "kat" types sound.

2) All sorts of warning lights lit up on the MID and also got pop-up about airbag not being activated or something.

At this point there was nothing else for me to try and I was momentarily in panic mode because in my previous vehicle (polo) it did not behave the same when battery went critically low.

I called a battery shop and he sent someone to jump start and once it started, everything started working normally.

There were some comments earlier stating 12v socket would automatically turn off when battery level got low - it does not look like it is true since my dashcam was still working when I unlocked the car.

Just putting it out here so that, in case someone experiences the same, they recognize the symptoms and dont freak out.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 16:42   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
So, I am sharing this so that fellow Virtus owners know what to expect when battery level goes very low.

My car was parked for exactly a week (well actually 6.5 days) since I was sick and did not need to go out. My dashcam was left connected to the 12v charging point, the entire time.

First indications, that I did not pay much attention to, was that the request sensors were not working. If I knew it was a battery issue, I would have atleast switched off ac and auto headlights etc, before attempting. Unfortunately I did not and the car refused to start. Also on subsequent attempts the following things started happening:-

1) Every time you hit the start button you feel a quick jerk - I
think twice. Its not like the cranking sound in cars with key start. Mentioning it since it was odd and every time it jerked it had a weird, not so pleasant "kat" types sound.

2) All sorts of warning lights lit up on the MID and also got pop-up about airbag not being activated or something.

At this point there was nothing else for me to try and I was momentarily in panic mode because in my previous vehicle (polo) it did not behave the same when battery went critically low.

I called a battery shop and he sent someone to jump start and once it started, everything started working normally.

There were some comments earlier stating 12v socket would automatically turn off when battery level got low - it does not look like it is true since my dashcam was still working when I unlocked the car.

Just putting it out here so that, in case someone experiences the same, they recognize the symptoms and dont freak out.
The 12V power socket is perennial power and doesn’t switch off even when the car is locked. I discovered this when I tried hooking up my dashcam to it first (the camera wouldn’t power down with its audio chime, when ignition was turned off). I routed the power from one of the two USB points below the ac panel and haven’t had any problem of the car battery ‘juicing out’ even when the car is unused over weeks.
If one feels the need to leave both USB’s free for other purposes, a better idea would be to buy and plug in one of those multi-USB adapters out of each these and plug the dashcam in one.
SUVolens is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 16:59   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
The 12V power socket is perennial power and doesn’t switch off even when the car is locked. I discovered this when I tried hooking up my dashcam to it first (the camera wouldn’t power down with its audio chime, when ignition was turned off). I routed the power from one of the two USB points below the ac panel and haven’t had any problem of the car battery ‘juicing out’ even when the car is unused over weeks.
If one feels the need to leave both USB’s free for other purposes, a better idea would be to buy and plug in one of those multi-USB adapters out of each these and plug the dashcam in one.
Yes I am aware of the differences in power delivery in the USB vs 12v socket. My message was based on previous information shared by few, where they said, the 12v keeps getting power even after car is locked (ignition off) and continues to supply power but stops automatically if battery goes very low. This could be construed as - its safe to use power from this for extended periods since it will auto-cut at a certain threshold. My recent experience tells me it either does not auto-cut or maybe the threshold is so low that it is useless (car wont have enough juice to start)
Zippy_wheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 21:27   #1778
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I just booked a 2023 manufactured Virtus, opting for the Highline AT variant. I managed to secure a discount of Rs. 1,20,000 on the purchase of a 2023 car. Additionally, I'm also offered Rs. 20,000 as an exchange bonus for my 2010 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI.

In my quest for a comprehensive yet cost-effective deal, I decided to explore online options for insurance. The quotes provided by the dealer were nearly double what I found online from Kotak.

I did opt for the extended warranty but declined the dealer's recommended accessories. I am considering purchasing only the mudflap from the dealer, as it seems essential. However, the other accessories—USB charger, rubber mat (preferably from an external source), magnetic sun blind, waste bag, tissue bag, and cushion pillow—do not strike me as necessary.

I'm keen to hear your thoughts on these decisions and whether you believe any of the dealer accessories are worth considering. Additionally, any insights on purchasing insurance online will also be helpful.
harish5000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 08:19   #1779

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish5000 View Post
I'm keen to hear your thoughts on these decisions and whether you believe any of the dealer accessories are worth considering. Additionally, any insights on purchasing insurance online will also be helpful.
Hi,

Among the accessories, I am quite happy with the following:-

1. Rubber mats are very good; don't bite shoes
2. Mud flaps
3. Waste paper bag is very professional & easy to dispose: it has avoided unnecessary things from being kept in the door pockets
4. Sun blinds: they stick well & you can remove while moving
5. Number plate frame has many advantages: it looks professional & prevents the plate from bending etc
6. Tissue box: they look good
7. Idol : you can buy per your choice
8. Cushion pillow is ok, cream colour would have been better instead of brown

Rest such as Perfume, Type C charger etc are not good.

I will also recommend the horn; it is pretty solid & gives a very good feel, it sounds like the horn on the old Vento.
I also got tyre inflator, it comes in a nice box & velcro; no digital display, but does it's job.

Best of luck

Last edited by libranof1987 : 24th January 2024 at 17:36. Reason: Post formatting; kindly proof-read your post before submitting.
TurboCruiser is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:05   #1780
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCruiser View Post
I have also tried, I am not getting a right place to fit, I shall explore more options. I took Virtus from OMR & I work near Sundaram VW showroom. But no use, we have to try outside.

Many thanks. Let me try from my side and update if there is any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank4823 View Post
I am from Jaipur and just came back from the SC. They told me that they won't be able to do the hood insulation for 1.0. If I had a 1.5, they would do it if it was missing from my car. But on 1.0, they refused.
I am not able to understand the logic from these SC guys

Quote:
In my opinion I dont find it useful after purchasing the dealer accessories.

1. I purchased pharaoh mats and replaced it with the dealer 3d mats
2. Mud flaps - averagely satisfying
3. Tissue box - good one
4. Pillow - color is ok but cushion is good
5. USB plug - it is yet to be used
6. Sun blind - they offered only for rear seats windows. sadly our rear seats are used only 10% of our usage
7. Waste bag - for sure its worth it

They offered only these and additionally I purchased VW car cover and changed the default horn to Trumpet horn. Now I am trying to find the hood insulation.

Cheers
Shiva
shiv4747 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 13:37   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks. Let me try from my side and update if there is any.

I am not able to understand the logic from these SC guys

In my opinion I dont find it useful after purchasing the dealer accessories.

1. I purchased pharaoh mats and replaced it with the dealer 3d mats
2. Mud flaps - averagely satisfying
3. Tissue box - good one
4. Pillow - color is ok but cushion is good
5. USB plug - it is yet to be used
6. Sun blind - they offered only for rear seats windows. sadly our rear seats are used only 10% of our usage
7. Waste bag - for sure its worth it

They offered only these and additionally I purchased VW car cover and changed the default horn to Trumpet horn. Now I am trying to find the hood insulation.

Cheers
Shiva
Trumpet horn is something that the dealer missed mentioning. I'll get it installed. I'm also considering the mudflap due to its potential necessity. After inspecting a couple of cars fitted with dealer mudflaps, I concur with your observation—they looked quite average. I'm curious if there's an option to have them installed externally.
harish5000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 22:39   #1782
BHPian

Quote:

I just booked a 2023 manufactured Virtus, opting for the Highline AT variant. I managed to secure a discount of Rs. 1,20,000 on the purchase of a 2023 car.
Hi, can you share the breakup here?
Old 25th January 2024, 00:11   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
I have a 2022 1.0 Highline manual version, and I literally keep it at the first level. The key thing to note is I opted for the manual rotary knobs at the time of purchase. I'm not sure if anyone with the same specced car faces the issue.
This is quite surprising. Given almost everyone hates the touch based HVAC controls on the VAG twins, it's great that the option to go for a manual one exists. I'm sure a lot of eople are not aware of it (including myself).
Could you please share a picture of the rotary unit? If it's replaceable, I'd definitely get one (if it's not very expensive to replace). Is this option available in all the 4 VW2.0 models?
Auto_guy_101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 23:37   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_guy_101 View Post
Could you please share a picture of the rotary unit?
Here you go. I prefer this over the touch. Fuss free and hassle free. Nothing like a tactile Knob and extremely practical.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220625_171851.jpg  

raycers_honda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 10:00   #1785

Has anyone been able to fix creeks in the cabin ? Mostly its coming from the centre console.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks