Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2024, 22:49   #1756
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick81 View Post
I spoke to the VW service center and they confirmed that the power stays on in the 12V socket even when the ignition is off. Decided not to get the dash cam hardwired. Instead I have the plug connected to the 12V socket and manually connect and disconnect it when I need to use it.
You can always get a OBD-II port to USB-C / Micro USB cable which doesn't mess with the wiring.

I got mine from from the US - https://www.amazon.com/EnruigeOK-Uni...dp/B0BVFXLSHW/

You can now get it in India too - https://www.amazon.in/NEXDIGITRON-Ha...dp/B0CKFD892T/

There is no meddling of any wires, using fuse taps etc. Working great for me.
strawmUnkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 11:12   #1757
BHPian

So the Virtus has a problem, the door handles are extremely delicate or my Mom has strong hands. The Virtus has an auto locking feature as we all know, this week in a hurry my Mom tried to open the door by pulling on the handle and the handle just cracked! We all know to unlock the door we have to pull the handle twice, and my mom's mistake was pulling it harder the first time. Now, because of this incident I am concerned this will happen again because honestly the door handle quality does not seem that great. Will share pics of the handle once I click them.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 13:04   #1758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Those monte carlo alloys look so smashing in your Virtus. I want to know the differences it has made in the driving characteristics of the car in terms of handling, ride quality, suspension thud etc.

Just the alloy change has transformed the look of the car
Thank you. I have not much driven the stock Virtus GT other than test drives to let you know an exact toe to toe comparison. I am using the 225/45/17 section tyres which have almost the same sidewall height of the stock tyres, because I dint want the car to offer a rough ride to the passengers. Handling feel better thanks to the bigger tyres and better grip these Michelin's offer. A tyre upgrade should be made mandatory on these cars for that better feel.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 14:16   #1759
BHPian

It has been 6.5k KMs with my Virtus Topline 1.0 AT and I feel like sharing my 2 cents with this vehicle and why I chose this over other cars which I considered.

Why Virtus ?
1. Since safety was the prime reason before buying a vehicle which is 15L+ on road, I had VW/Skoda (Taigun/Kushaq) on my mind.
2. Skoda Jaipur gave me absolutely ignorance instead of attention when I asked for a test drive. They promised to call me back in a few mins, but that call never came. Same happened with my friend who was also looking to buy a new car at the same time.
3. I went to VW for a test drive for Taigun and all taiguns were on the road being driven by other potential buyers. While waiting for my turn, I saw a Virtus and started enquiring about it.
4. The salesman told me that it starts at 13L (at that time 1.5 L cheaper than Taigun) on road but I was worried if I would be able to manage such a lengthy Sedan. Upon multiple requests for a test drive from the salesman and free time in hand, I agreed for Test Drive.
5. Driving was super smooth and effortless and the attention this car fetched on traffic signals worked in favor of VW. (To be honest, I wasn't liking the front chrome grill on the Taigun) and Sedans being very uncommon in a sea of CSUVs, I decided Virtus.
6; Lava Blue color was love at first sight.

Pros:
1. Comfort - Seats keep you firmly placed on your seat and are confortable on long journeys.
2. Fuel Efficiency - It's better than what I expected it to be. On highways it touched a maximum number of 23 and ended up being 19 after the trip end. There was a little bit of off-roading as well and I feel 19 is decent.
3. Interior look - The infotainment makes it look nothing less than a sports Car. I drive my Virtus sedately and never on S mode but I like the Sporty look.
4. Exterior Look - This is subjective but every time I wash it, I can never stop myself from clicking a picture or two.
5. Safety - We all know it is synonymous with VW/Skoda so no description needed in that department.

Cons:
1. AC - It's 8/10 which isn't a great rating for an 18L car.
2. Absence of some features like proper TPMS,
3. touch AC Controls - What better feeling than distraction while driving a Car, right ? (Sarcasm attempt).
4. Dead pedal too narrow.
5. ORVMs are small. Maybe that's because I am coming from a Dzire (and WagonR as
a secondary Car) which gives you square shaped big ORVMs.

Since the Pros (drive experience, safety and looks) outweigh the Cons, I am quite happy with the purchase.

Also, Did I tell you how amazing the Lava Blue looks ? Here are some shots I took of my Virtus.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-eb7769b6a5f6454f95d1a88ae36eb7f2.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_0417.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_1055.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-untitled.png
mayank4823 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 07:17   #1760
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank4823 View Post
It has been 6.5k KMs with my Virtus Topline 1.0 AT and I feel like sharing my 2 cents with this vehicle and why I chose this over other cars which I considered.
Your car looks great in Lava Blue. Although I like Volkswagen's design, my wife prefers Skoda. Since Slavia offered better value than Virtus, I let her choice prevail over mine. Wish you many happy miles on this beautiful car.
Polo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 13:33   #1761
BHPian

Anyone from Chennai or TN has the lead for hood insulation? I tried Sundaram and OMR showroom service/accessories. No proper response!

Let me know if anyone has done it.
shiv4747 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 13:31   #1762

Virtus GT rear drum to disk conversion possible?

Hi everyone, I want to know if it is possible to convert the rear drum brakes from the Virtus GT to disc brakes. It is unfortunate that the GT doesn't come with rear disc as default.

The Virtus sold in Brazil has rear disc brakes, which makes me wonder if converting the one we have in India is possible without hassle.

What are your thoughts on this?
HriDSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 15:26   #1763
BHPian

Re: Virtus GT rear drum to disk conversion possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HriDSG View Post
Hi everyone, I want to know if it is possible to convert the rear drum brakes from the Virtus GT to disc brakes. It is unfortunate that the GT doesn't come with rear disc as default.

The Virtus sold in Brazil has rear disc brakes, which makes me wonder if converting the one we have in India is possible without hassle.

What are your thoughts on this?
What value do you think this will add?

For a FWD car that weighs as much as a Virtus with most of the weight concentrated at the front, having a rear disc setup does not add much value other than bragging rights.

Avoid doing it, it is a pandora's box.

Last edited by ashivas89 : 13th January 2024 at 15:49.
ashivas89 is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 16:16   #1764

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
What value do you think this will add?

For a FWD car that weighs as much as a Virtus with most of the weight concentrated at the front, having a rear disc setup does not add much value other than bragging rights.]
I agree with what you’re saying. I was reading about this because I noticed the model sold in Brazil had it.
Old 13th January 2024, 17:51   #1765
BHPian

Just curious to know if anyone had swapped the analog speedometer with the digital one in Virtus or Taigun.
harish5000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 17:55   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HriDSG View Post
I agree with what you’re saying. I was reading about this because I noticed the model sold in Brazil had it.
They also get a 6 speed AT with their 1.5 TSI. Their all singing all dancing Virtus is priced significantly more than ours ex-showroom.

VW offering different specs across the globe notwithstanding, my only point is why fix something that isn't broken? Or alternatively, break something while trying to improve it.

Even if a garage knows knows exactly how to go about it, a retro fitment will never have the same outcome as something conceived and manufactured by the company.
ashivas89 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 23:59   #1767

Hello, I need some advice regarding a pungent kind of smell coming from my AC vents. Mine is a Virtus 1.0 Topline with Auto AC.

This is the second year consecutively that I’m facing this issue during the winter. There is a weird smell that comes from my AC as soon as I turn the blower on. I’d rather not describe this smell but just know it’s fairly unpleasant.

I’ve talked to the SC and even left my car to be examined and they are saying it can be because of the 7D matting, which I am finding hard to believe as this has never happened in any of my other cars with 7D mats.

Since the SC has been fairly useless in solving this issue, I have no other option than to try some DIYs.

Now I’ve seen some videos on YT and found two solutions to it, one is to put some Dettol disinfectant spray on the cabin air intake below the windshield but I am not sure that it is even placed there on the Virtus. And the other is to use an AC foam cleaner from brands like Autonic/3M/Kangaroo.

Can someone please suggest how should I proceed?
Old 16th January 2024, 09:20   #1768
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkygupta View Post
Hello, I need some advice regarding a pungent kind of smell coming from my AC vents. Mine is a Virtus 1.0 Topline with Auto AC.
Likely mould growing inside because of a damp, cool environment.

Step 1. Run the heater at full blast for a while. Do this as regularly as possible. Give it about 5-10 minutes. Heat destroys mould.

Step 2. Get activated charcoal and keep it inside the car to absorb odour.

Dont insert or add anything into the vents. These two things done over a period of time should solve your problem.
Red Liner is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 18:11   #1769

Hi,

I faced oil leakage in my 600 km old Virtus GT(It's a long story for another day).

Post that I have been happily living with my Virtus GT+ Cherry Red for 3.5 months & 8000 kms of smiles.

I did a few road trips, one to mention was 2000 kms accross Karnataka covering Bangalore, Shimoga, Jog Falls, Gokarna, Murudeshwar, Karwar, Udupi, Davangere, etc.

During one such runs, I clocked 19.0 kmpl for 300+ kms, I was driving on highway on 100 cruise control.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20240101_191227.jpg

Virtus GT is far better (in terms of stability, power & control) than my erstwhile Honda City on the Ghat roads or highways. It's super smooth, can be driven for speed or mileage. Sometime when I am cruising on 100 kmph, our family will ask why are we going so slow ?

Hope to have such positive experience over the years.
TurboCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 22:29   #1770

Hi, I am in the process of buying a new Virtus in Mumbai as my first car. I (think) I am getting a good deal on the Oct 23 model - AT 1.0, manual seats. Electrics seats are available at an additional 60k.

Can someone guide me on whether this is a good deal or if I should get the 24 model (with no deals)?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20240118222630.png  

sheetah24 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks