Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2024, 12:41   #1861

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
Also, I am seriously debating between a Virtus Highline AT and a Seltos HTK+ IMT as my first car next year.
If you are going to get one next year, as a Highline AT owner, would highly recommend looking for Topline. Just for 6 airbags. If VW, offer Highline with 6 airbags this year then it'd be great. Every time, I am at the intersection looking to merge with highway, I feel I should have got the car with 6 airbags, especially with family in the rear seats.
geminivirtus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 14:34   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminivirtus View Post
If you are going to get one next year, as a Highline AT owner, would highly recommend looking for Topline. Just for 6 airbags. If VW, offer Highline with 6 airbags this year then it'd be great. Every time, I am at the intersection looking to merge with highway, I feel I should have got the car with 6 airbags, especially with family in the rear seats.
I completely agree with this. 6 Airbags was the sole reason for me to go with Topline. Every other feature was like a bonus. It's just a matter of 2-3 years when every car will have minimum 4 airbags as standard. A Virtus with only 2 will sound outdated.
Old 8th March 2024, 20:29   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
Congrats on the milestone. Probably my favorite Virtus GT on the forum(due to the wheels and blacked out badges).

I also have a question. In the photo, I noticed the rear fog light is on. Is it on both sides or only on right side? Can you please post a photo to confirm?

Also, I am seriously debating between a Virtus Highline AT and a Seltos HTK+ IMT as my first car next year.
Thank you Test drive both of them. A drive in the Virtus sealed it for me TBH.
For rear fog lamp, only the right side lights up, and to the eyes its brighter than any other light at the rear of the car. Reference image below.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-111.jpg
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 20:47   #1864
BHPian

We are planning to buy Virtus 1.5 TSI Plus DSG from Bangalore. Can you suggest a good dealership for both sales and service in Bangalore?

We are used to the pampering from the Honda service centers and would appreciate a service dealership with good record for the Virtus as well.

Regards,
Lsjey
Old 10th March 2024, 06:12   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmoves View Post
Anyone noticed that the speakers at the back sound pale compared to those in the front.
I am talking about the virtus gt mt 1.5 (with electric seats, amp and subwoofer).

I went to the service center and they said "baj to rha hai".
Have you tried to play around with the settings? I remember there is a setting which guides you in selecting an area in the car where the sound needs to be focused at. I think I have kept it as the center of the car. Perhaps yours are set closer to rear seats? Or perhaps you could work around this by setting it closer to front.
Old 10th March 2024, 06:42   #1866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
Have you tried to play around with the settings? I remember there is a setting which guides you in selecting an area in the car where the sound needs to be focused at. I think I have kept it as the center of the car. Perhaps yours are set closer to rear seats? Or perhaps you could work around this by setting it closer to front.
I tried all the settings and had to visit the service centre multiple times to convince them that the rear speakers were busted, low sound, distortion when played loud. Also, I felt like the speakers could not fill the car (no mids, no bass, no fun in the backseat). It didn't sound like the one we experienced during the test drive. That too in a brand new car; issue was reported on the same day I got delivery.

But finally, they agreed to replace them under warranty. There is a noticeable difference after the replacement. I love the sound now!

If anyone in the dealership/service centre says that “rear speaker kam hi bajte hain” (happened to me ), dont listen to them, get them replaced asap.

It took me three months to resolve the matter and two months to convince them that my car had an issue.

Mod Note - Please proofread before posting.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th March 2024 at 07:55. Reason: Grammar, excessive smileys.
nightmoves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 10:31   #1867
BHPian

A question to all owners, how to fold outside mirrors? Have tried almost everything, but can't fold them in. In congested areas, I prefer to have them closed, but can't do so. Have tried everything on the mirror control panel.
Old 10th March 2024, 12:33   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Thank you Test drive both of them. A drive in the Virtus sealed it for me TBH.
For rear fog lamp, only the right side lights up, and to the eyes its brighter than any other light at the rear of the car. Reference image below.
Thanks for the clarification, and sending a photo as well. Then what is the LED on the left side? There is another LED on the left side as the same shape as the rear foglamp.
Old 10th March 2024, 12:36   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminivirtus View Post
Thanks for the information. I still have a year to decide, so let us see if Highline comes with 6 airbags.

A used Virtus AT/DSG would be fine as well. If anyone finds a used one( preferably 2023 onwards, please message me personally.

Our budget is probably under 15 lakh,
Old 10th March 2024, 14:53   #1870
BHPian

I have a March 2010 Honda City VMT, which is now in it's last year as per Delhi NCR rules.
I am looking for a Sedan as a replacement and have test driven the VW Virtus 1.5 TSI DSG Evo and the Skoda Style 1.5 TSI DSG and liked the power & handling, specially being a heavy right foot.

However, both the twins do not have any level of ADAS, which makes me think if 3-5 years down the line, I would regret not having these features. Both City and Verna have Level 2 ADAS, but both are not on my shortlist as Verna's look do not appeal to me while the City is not feeling like an upgrade.

Any idea if Skoda/VW have any immediate plans to introduce ADAS in their sedans..? I hear they will introduce in 2025.

Do i stick with the VW Virtus 1.5 or look elsewhere.?
Old 11th March 2024, 11:59   #1871

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65 View Post
A question to all owners, how to fold outside mirrors? Have tried almost everything, but can't fold them in. In congested areas, I prefer to have them closed, but can't do so. Have tried everything on the mirror control panel.
Turn the mirror adjustment knob 180 degrees towards the back and it will fold both the ORVMs.
0raZe0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 12:13   #1872

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
We are planning to buy Virtus 1.5 TSI Plus DSG from Bangalore. Can you suggest a good dealership for both sales and service in Bangalore?

We are used to the pampering from the Honda service centers and would appreciate a service dealership with good record for the Virtus as well.

Regards,
Lsjey
I had a very good experience with Mr. Shanoj at KUN Volkswagen Koramangla branch. Although I did not end up buying my car from them (Got it from my hometown in UP for the BH Number). But he was still very happy that I eneded up buying a Virtus and helped me in getting the extended warranty and SVP packages.

I also got my one month inspection done with KUN service center Kanakpura road. Opted for thier free pickup and drop facility and everything went smooth. The driver was very professional and took detailed photos and feedback before and after delivering my car back from service. Had a small issue with the steering wheel pointing a few degrees towards the right for center wheels position which I got corrected during this service. Thier backend service team was also very responsive and answered all my questions deligently. Overall very happy with them. Had 2 other service centers which were closer than KUN's but I still opted to go with them due to my good experiece interacting wtih thier service and sales staff.
0raZe0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 12:31   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0raZe0 View Post
Turn the mirror adjustment knob 180 degrees towards the back and it will fold both the ORVMs.
Do we have to turn it or push it backwards? I have tried this too. There's an icon to close the mirror at 180 degrees. Twisted the knob as well pushed it, but no luck.
Old 11th March 2024, 12:57   #1874

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65 View Post
Do we have to turn it or push it backwards? I have tried this too. There's an icon to close the mirror at 180 degrees. Twisted the knob as well pushed it, but no luck.
Turn/Twisting it backwards towards the icon to close the mirror works for me.
0raZe0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 10:25   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
I decided to try a render to see what the Volkswagen Virtus would look like in that body style.
Here’s the outcome.
This is the car I want. Shame India doesnt have too much estate cars.
A Virtus GT DSG Estate would be a good car for me
Nice render!
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks