Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2024, 12:17   #1846

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Hello everyone, I own a Virtus AT Highline. During long stops, I put the car into neutral from D1 (or D2) so that the brakes don't wear out. When I do so, I can feel a slight jerk. I am not sure why that's happening because as per my understanding, there's no physical connection between the engine and drive shaft in the case of a Torque Converter. Could anyone please let me know if it's ok to shift from drive to neutral when the engine is running, or do I need to keep pressing the brake pedal for the entire duration of stop (upto 2-3 mins)?
Old 1st March 2024, 12:53   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw_greyghost View Post
I visited the SC, below were their findings:

Horn:.
Hi! I had the exact same issue where I wasn’t able to honk by pressing the right side specifically. Left was still fine. My horn pad was replaced by VW Frontier Gurgaon under warranty. This was the whole assembly in the middle containing the airbag too. Please push them for it instead of going for repairs.
I hope this helps.
RaiAnish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 19:03   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank4823 View Post
Problem is - It stops recording after parked for a few minutes. (Specially during daytime). At night I tested it runs full time. Is it because of heat that it shuts down ?
I use the same dashcam, however, I have it plugged in to the fuse box. Dashcams do have high tolerance to heat, but they do shutdown when it gets hot, this dashcam model (A500S) gives an audible warning message & shuts down when it gets hot. If it's working in the night while being plugged into the 12V socket, no reason it shouldn't work in the daytime, unless it's shutting down due to heat.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 12:31   #1849

Hi, I have just joined the community, happy to be a part of this community. I have got so many suggestions from here.
I have recently purchased VW Virtus 1.0 Topline MT. Wanted to check about the feature unlock. should I wait for the first service/checkup (1000 km) or should I get it done?
And also, should I opt-in for the service package? or should I go for the normal service? I've heard the normal service cost is not much.

Any help would be appreciated!
And again, happy to be part of the community
Old 4th March 2024, 19:50   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
I use the same dashcam, however, I have it plugged in to the fuse box. Dashcams do have high tolerance to heat, but they do shutdown when it gets hot, this dashcam model (A500S) gives an audible warning message & shuts down when it gets hot. If it's working in the night while being plugged into the 12V socket, no reason it shouldn't work in the daytime, unless it's shutting down due to heat.
It switched off during evening as well after being parked for 10 mins. So far, I am unable to notice any pattern. I will plug it in the rear USB-C socket and see how that works. Thanks for your reply.
Old 5th March 2024, 12:22   #1851

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhead View Post
Hello, Virtus owners; I hope you guys are enjoying your drives.

I have been a silent spectator of this forum for a few years now. I thought of getting a membership recently and got approved.

I booked the Virtus GT Plus Manual in deep black last week. However, I'm still wondering if that's the right colour for me considering the construction work going on in my area and the highway trips for which I'll be using the car.

I am planning to get ceramic or graphene coating done on whichever colour I finally decide. If any of you have done the same on your cars, can you please share the approximate costs?

After nearly 6 months of waiting, I finally got my hands on the GT plus MT Black! I could say a lot about this gem of a vehicle, but I would just be reiterating what other esteemed owners have already been stating ad nauseam. For the sake of brevity, let's say it's been worth the wait!

On the black colour per se, I'm afraid this will not be easy to maintain. I find that this is essentially a magnet that attracts dust at the drop of a hat, even with covered parking 24/7. Basically been dusting the car at least twice a day (and even that doesn't seem to be enough). I also give it a complete wash with ph Neutral shampoo every 3 days or so.

Also, note that I got the ceramic coating done (the System X Pro package for 45k, which seeks to provide a coating thickness of 5 microns) from a local detailer here two days after I picked up the car. Still, I'm not convinced it has moved the needle regarding glossiness (where the ceramic helps is in terms of its hydrophobic qualities and the ease with which dust and dirt fall off during the cleaning process). The detailer did mention that he's noticed that the Kia and Hyundai black paints tend to shine a lot more, post-coating, relative to VW vehicles.

I am attaching a few pics soon after the coating was done (a coated car will always look great in detailing studios under the lights, so don't get too carried away by the shine here).
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-thumbnail_7e03f7b118d64447b83b86cf01edea19.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-thumbnail_185ad5260d1a49c78b28ba43e406d4da-2.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-thumbnail_828c720a96904264a12deaa53030559d.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-thumbnail_b55bf63ebc8045d392681820cc862e88.jpg  

Last edited by navin : 5th March 2024 at 17:52. Reason: grammar errors
Wokewagon is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 14:36   #1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokewagon View Post
On the black colour per se, I'm afraid this is not going to be an easy colour to maintain. I find that this is essentially a magnet which attracts dust at the drop of a hat, even with covered parking 24/7. Basically been dusting the car atleast twice a day (and even that doesn't seem to be enough).
Thanks for pointing the out. Deep black colour looks great and I would love to own one but at the same time I don't think I'll be able to maintain it that well. Hence I have made another booking for grey colour and whichever arrives first, I'll be happy to go with that.

Did you get insulation under hood by default from the company ? I read somewhere that grey coloured Virtus gets it..
Old 5th March 2024, 15:50   #1853

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhead View Post
Thanks for pointing the out. Deep black colour looks great and I would love to own one but at the same time I don't think I'll be able to maintain it that well. Hence I have made another booking for grey colour and whichever arrives first, I'll be happy to go with that.

Did you get insulation under hood by default from the company ? I read somewhere that grey coloured Virtus gets it..
Nope, no insulation. May think of getting it later.

Have you gone with normal grey or matte grey? I am yet to see the matte Grey Virtus in the flesh. Curious to see how it looks.
Old 5th March 2024, 15:53   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminivirtus View Post
Hello everyone, I own a Virtus AT Highline. During long stops, I put the car into neutral from D1 (or D2) so that the brakes don't wear out. When I do so, I can feel a slight jerk. I am not sure why that's happening because as per my understanding, there's no physical connection between the engine and drive shaft in the case of a Torque Converter. Could anyone please let me know if it's ok to shift from drive to neutral when the engine is running, or do I need to keep pressing the brake pedal for the entire duration of stop (upto 2-3 mins)?

I hope you are not putting the car into neutral when the car is in motion, the correct way to come to halt is to press the brake pedal, come to a complete halt, keep the brakes pressed and then shift to N or P. If not, then you are doing a lot more harm to your gearbox in order to save 2-3k brake rotors/pads.
sachin_cs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 17:30   #1855

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
I hope you are not putting the car into neutral when the car is in motion, the correct way to come to halt is to press the brake pedal, come to a complete halt, keep the brakes pressed and then shift to N or P. If not, then you are doing a lot more harm to your gearbox in order to save 2-3k brake rotors/pads.
Thanks, I do the shifting once the car has come to a stop. I may or may not press the brake while shifting from D to N though, is that required even when the car is absolutely stationary ?
geminivirtus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 17:53   #1856
BHPian

I have a question to the owners of 1.5 GT. Is the vibration/noise felt inside the cabin whenever the AC compressor kicks in?
Old 5th March 2024, 17:53   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I do the shifting once the car has come to a stop. I may or may not press the brake while shifting from D to N though, is that required even when the car is absolutely stationary ?
Yes gentleman, you need to press brake whenever we are shifting gears while stationary, be it from D to N or P or R. The only time you can change gear mode without pressing brakes are when shifting between D to S or Manual mode, rest all permutation and combinations, it needs brakes to be pressed. Hope it clears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
I have a question to the owners of 1.5 GT. Is the vibration/noise felt inside the cabin whenever the AC compressor kicks in?
Not exactly Virtus GT but in Slavia 1.5 which I drove today for 40kms, yes, I can feel it. Since, both the cars are similar, so that trait is there, that there's slight vibration when the compressor goes on/off. This is not felt in my Rapid diesel, or maybe the diesel clatter doesn't makes me feel it.

Last edited by sachin_cs : 5th March 2024 at 17:58.
sachin_cs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 10:28   #1858

Quote:
This is typical TC behavior & nothing to worry about. If you notice closely, there will be times when the vehicle comes to a complete halt & the dash still shows D2, even though the car is stationery [should be in D1 by logic].

You will only feel that slight jerk when you slot into N from D2; it won't be felt in D1->N.

Also, this will more often happen if the vehicle is on a slight incline & comes to a halt, even if you may perceive the road to be completely level.
Stellantis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 21:56   #1859

Anyone noticed that the speakers at the back sound pale compared to those in the front.
I am talking about the virtus gt mt 1.5 (with electric seats, amp and subwoofer).

I went to the service center and they said "baj to rha hai".
nightmoves is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 09:57   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Completed 15,000kms on my Virtus GT+ DSG and has been a great 4 months with the car.
Attachment 2554013
Congrats on the milestone. Probably my favorite Virtus GT on the forum(due to the wheels and blacked out badges).

I also have a question. In the photo, I noticed the rear fog light is on. Is it on both sides or only on right side? Can you please post a photo to confirm?

Also, I am seriously debating between a Virtus Highline AT and a Seltos HTK+ IMT as my first car next year.
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks