White seems to be preferred choice

Volkswagen Virtus Review-virtus.jpg
PacmanBegins is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 11:48   #407
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
The steering and gear lever (handle, not the boot) leather seems to wear like real leather ... This is for the erstwhile Vento. Can confirm the same for the 1st gen i20.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-i20.png

I doubt cars in this segment have real leather bits. This screenshot is from the latest i20's online brochure and the asterisk next to leather says "Artificial leather" at the bottom of the brochure. However, my 2014 Gen2 i20's gear knob and steering have felt and aged like real leather but I'm not sure how we can confirm that. It could be really good art leather
hortons15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 15:33   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortons15 View Post
the asterisk next to leather says "Artificial leather"
Well, that's confirmed for this car, then.

Sad to see this cheeping out! Of course, the material used could be better than real leather, but time alone will tell.

Yes, I think our older cars do have real leather.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 1st July 2022 at 15:34.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 17:52   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Well, that's confirmed for this car, then.

Sad to see this cheeping out! Of course, the material used could be better than real leather, but time alone will tell.

The last gen Jetta, which was on sale in India, came with leatherette seats instead of real leather. That was one of the reasons (not main, but still) to prefer Octavia over Jetta. The steering wheel had real leather though.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 19:28   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

I think not. Neither of my Vento TDIs had real leather. It was all art leather.
Old 1st July 2022, 20:42   #411

I don't understand, VW equips the car with push button but no automatic AC? My taigun highline has automatic AC but no push button, isn't push button a more premium feature. If we say in terms of practicality, automatic AC of taigun is a waste but keyless entry would be more practical feature.
satvik4134 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 21:56   #412

Best Performance Sedan in a budget!

Hello Bhpians, Got the Virtus GT on 16 June. It has been a huge upgrade from my Nissan Sunny XV which is 6 years old. I'm in love with the car, it has good amount of power and it's practical too. It definitely can be a begginer enthusiast car one can get as of now. I've swapped the GoodYears with Michelin PS4's and you could easily notice the difference as the car is quite high from the ground with a clearance of 179mm it does not feel as confident as it should around the corners, But These PS4's stick to the ground no matter what.

I just finished 2000kms in two weeks, i guess you probably would've known by now how much i loved the car. I've also installed a BMC Airfilter which reduced the engine noise ( In Sport mode the engine used to be very vocal) which might be disturbing to co-passengers, but i liked it.

Here are some pictures of That Red Car.

I have a few questions regarding the Recommended RON95 petrol for the car. will it make a difference ?
and How do i use the Volkswagen Connect Mobile App ?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_75772.jpg  

SR29 is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 23:52   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR29 View Post

Best Performance Sedan in a budget!

Hello Bhpians, Got the Virtus GT on 16 June. It has been a huge upgrade from my Nissan Sunny XV which is 6 years old. I'm in love with the car, it has good amount of power and it's practical too. It definitely can be a begginer enthusiast car one can get as of now. I've swapped the GoodYears with Michelin PS4's and you could easily notice the difference as the car is quite high from the ground with a clearance of 179mm it does not feel as confident as it should around the corners, But These PS4's stick to the ground no matter what.

I just finished 2000kms in two weeks, i guess you probably would've known by now how much i loved the car. I've also installed a BMC Airfilter which reduced the engine noise ( In Sport mode the engine used to be very vocal) which might be disturbing to co-passengers, but i liked it.

Here are some pictures of That Red Car.

I have a few questions regarding the Recommended RON95 petrol for the car. will it make a difference ?
and How do i use the Volkswagen Connect Mobile App ?

Thanks in advance.
Congratulations on the GT - the red looks amazing! 2000kms in 2 weeks. Wishing you many more miles ahead

On RON95 - Had used the 91RON Fuel when I got the car delivered, and filled her up with XP95 after 40 odd kilometers (1.0 TSI, Auto). The difference was perceptible, it felt smoother. It is also recommended in the users manual that RON95 is the fuel to go for. It maybe 5-6 Rs/Ltr (approx) more than the normal petrol, but in the long run I will take that difference if it keeps the ride happy.

Volkswagen Connect App - You need to create an account via the link that will be described on the infotainment, by scanning the QR code on your phone. Once you have registered - just hit the login details on the infotainment (note: You need to connect the ICE to a WiFi network to access this)
IceManMK1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 01:14   #414

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManMK1 View Post
(1.0 TSI, Auto).
Hi, assuming you’ve had your car for a little while now, can you please comment on the AC’s performance in normal city b2b traffic or when the car is left idle? I just went through the Taigun ineffective AC thread, and have almost made up my mind about cancelling the booking for my 1.0 Auto Topline. It’s gonna be a dealbreaker for me, as I spend a great amount of my time on the commute throughout the day. From what I understood it has affected all three other VAG India 2.0 cars. Would appreciate your input. Thank you.
Old 2nd July 2022, 07:07   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkygupta View Post
Hi, assuming you’ve had your car for a little while now, can you please comment on the AC’s performance in normal city b2b traffic or when the car is left idle? I just went through the Taigun ineffective AC thread, and have almost made up my mind about cancelling the booking for my 1.0 Auto Topline. It’s gonna be a dealbreaker for me, as I spend a great amount of my time on the commute throughout the day. From what I understood it has affected all three other VAG India 2.0 cars. Would appreciate your input. Thank you.
The cutoff of the AC is there win B2B traffic, but it is not that aggressive. In order to circumvent this I keep the AC in manual mode, and just drop/up the AC temp occasionally and that resolves the issue to some extent, but my take is that the Auto HVAC is tuned for efficiency on the 1.0 rather than power cooling.

That being said, I test drove the Highline AT with manual HVAC for 6 odd kilometers under heavy traffic, I didn't observe the cut off even once!

Take your pick based on the weather + traffic situation near you
IceManMK1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 23:02   #416
BHPian

Cool features that you can unlock with the VCDS
redcruiser is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 00:57   #417
BHPian

Has anyone checked or found a way out to fit the Salvia's subwoofer and amplifier to Virtus.
Old 3rd July 2022, 15:43   #418
BHPian

Let me know what you guys think?
Which one would you choose, virtus or slavia?
I think the virtus has a better stance and look.
What a surprise this was to find the same exact color of the virtus twin. I had actually parked somewhere else in the mall and the while walking to elevators i found this slavia parked.
Decided to do an impromptu photo session.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220703_134124__01.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220703_134138__01.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220703_134115__01.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220703_134054__01.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220703_134251__01.jpg  

raycers_honda is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 18:58   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3764 View Post
Has anyone checked or found a way out to fit the Salvia's subwoofer and amplifier to Virtus.
Even I wanted to know the same. I asked my SA, but he has no clue if it's possible
Old 3rd July 2022, 21:22   #420

folks,

EVM VW in Kerala quoting 12000 accessories package as a mandatory item. I found the items included do not worth more than 2k. How is the situation in other state? I have driven Slavia . Virtus & Taigun same day and found sedans are neck and neck, but the test drive car provided by malayalam skoda was is in pathetic condition. But experience from EVM Tvm was excellent. I found that the Taigun's ride & handling is better than Virtus/Slavia. VW is giving good discount on taigun but nothing such on Virtus. But Vitus is a looker. I have an Alcazar so i am planning to book virtus.
Turbospool83 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks