Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2022, 22:10   #451
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
I am facing a weird issue. My Virtus 1.0 AT is making screeching brake sounds when I drive in bumper to bumper traffic. Or when I reverse the car and drive it on half brake, it makes screeching sound. The A.S.S. claims that this is normal operational noise and won't cause an issue ever. But the sound is really irritating and feels bad to have this on a brand new car. Had anyone else faced this in their 1.0 AT? If yes, any solution to get rid of this "operational noise"?
Faced the same issue on my 1.0 AT, albeit only while modulating the brake in reverse gear, at crawling speeds. More of a deep pitch than a screech. Since it’s been raining continuously in these parts, I put down the noise to moisture on the brake pads/discs, especially since they are also only just settling in on a new car. Not sure if there’s actually a reason for worry.

Last edited by Pequod : 7th July 2022 at 22:30.
Pequod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 22:13   #452
BHPian

Quote:
I am facing a weird issue. My Virtus 1.0 AT is making screeching brake sounds when I drive in bumper to bumper traffic. Or when I reverse the car and drive it on half brake, it makes screeching sound. The A.S.S. claims that this is normal operational noise and won't cause an issue ever. But the sound is really irritating and feels bad to have this on a brand new car. Had anyone else faced this in their 1.0 AT? If yes, any solution to get rid of this "operational noise"?
It's a common problem reported by VW Taigun, Skoda Kushaq and Slavia owners. It is present in almost all 1.0 variants. I am facing the same in my Taigun (3 months, 7000 kms).
adigup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 09:43   #453
BHPian

Quote:
I am facing a weird issue. My Virtus 1.0 AT is making screeching brake sounds when I drive in bumper to bumper traffic. Or when I reverse the car and drive it on half brake, it makes screeching sound.
This is a known issue with my year-old Polo AT during cold start or rain, but the noise goes away after the disks are warmed-up.
TeaYesEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 10:03   #454
BHPian

A De-Chromed VW Virtus. Looks absolutely stunning. This was done by Phoenix AutoSpa. They had uploaded some photos of this car in the natural lighting in their Insta story, but I didn't take a photo of it (stupid me! ). Still, sharing some photos of it.
Would love someone from Team BHP who owns a Virtus to de-chrome it! (I am not forcing anyone, it's your choice )

Link- https://www.instagram.com/p/CfdZaZkpaqU/

PS: If the layout of the pictures are messed up, please forgive me!
This is the first time I am posting pictures in this forum
Attached Images

TechnoBloop is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 13:35   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
Would love someone from Team BHP who owns a Virtus to de-chrome it! (I am not forcing anyone, it's your choice )
Is that the carbon steel?, I think the lighting makes it look alot different. Can you please share the process. I really hate chrome and want to delete every bit of it. But I just am very sceptical but the finish. Do they remove the parts and paint or wrap them and then fix them back.?
Would highly appreciate if you can share the contact details and the in progress images.
Old 8th July 2022, 15:41   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Is that the carbon steel?, I think the lighting makes it look alot different. Can you please share the process. I really hate chrome and want to delete every bit of it. But I just am very sceptical but the finish. Do they remove the parts and paint or wrap them and then fix them back.?
Would highly appreciate if you can share the contact details and the in progress images.
This is not my Virtus, in fact I own a Vento, I guess I should have mentioned this on that post, sorry about that!
I can share you their Instagram account link - https://www.instagram.com/phoenix.autospa/
Their contact number - +91 8281437567 (Call & Whatsapp)

You can DM them about this. They are situated in Kerala.

I just shared this because I thought it's worth sharing and to also let the Virtus owners know that there are now options to de-chrome their cars!
Old 8th July 2022, 16:23   #457

Dealer in Delhi NCR are quoting 1 year waiting for DSG Variant!
Anyone else facing the same issue?
Also, do let me if you are able to arrange quicker deliveries..
Old 8th July 2022, 17:34   #458
BHPian

This is especially true in certain locations where there seems to be 30-40% of the total demand for the GT plus of both the Taigun and Virtus. There is a supply issue, more related to the DSG and colour.
I know someone who got the same response and told them that he was getting the Slavia within a month and was also looking at the Honda City which was readily available and their tone immediately changed. He wanted Carbon Steel gray and they said it would take max 3 months but they could arrange a Curcuma Yellow GT in a month.
Old 8th July 2022, 17:42   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

I have like the idea of "de-chroming" Virtus ever since the first pic I saw! Thanks for the pics, although the crazy projected-hex pattern really spoils them.

I don't think it is difficult. films can be applied over some quite small details. This was done on my '14 Polo, by its original owner, when new.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-filmonchrome.jpg

I imagine that the chrome underneath it is still in good condition, unlike the uncovered chrome on my car, eight years later. That would mean that the film option would allow choice in the future.

Hoping somebody does do this. I think it would really improve Virtus. But we'd have to see to know!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 18:53   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Here you go. I got my Carbon Steel Grey GT dechromed today.
Got it done at a FNG called Komodo Garage in Kochi.
1. Got the Chrome bits on the front and rear bumpers and front grill painted black.
Removed all the chrome bits, applied plastic primer first and then painted black.
2. VW Logo, Virtus and GT letters smoked.
3. Got the Graphene Coating done.
4. Changed tires to Michelin Pilot Sport 4.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-masked-virtus1.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-masked-virtus2.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-masked-virtus3.jpg  

zachi is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 23:44   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Faced the same issue on my 1.0 AT, albeit only while modulating the brake in reverse gear, at crawling speeds. More of a deep pitch than a screech. Since it’s been raining continuously in these parts, I put down the noise to moisture on the brake pads/discs, especially since they are also only just settling in on a new car. Not sure if there’s actually a reason for worry.
Not really a reason to worry. It's certainly not on the mositure or rains. I am in Delhi and we are reeling under scroching heat with no signs of rain and yet, I am getting this sound. But only on speeds > 5 kmph and while reversing. Seems like it's a known concern.
shivathedude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 00:04   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like it's a known concern.
"a known concern" --- good.

"Oh yeah, it does that. Operational thing." --- bad.

VW has been known to spout both. My first Polo had engine-bearing problems. It was a known problem and they got fixed.

Air vents that fell apart in a year? Well, that was more of an operational thing, and new ones had to be paid for. I'm a VW fanboy: but I'm no fan of this kind of quality or attitude.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 13:03   #463

Hi guys!
Can you suggest me good wipers for my virtus. Not satisfied with the OEM one's.
Old 9th July 2022, 13:50   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
I faced the same issue in all my cars from day 1 - manual and automatic - till I owned them - Hyundai, VW, Ford and Tata.

May be this is due to my driving style. My hypothesis is when car wants to move forward and I have applied half brakes leading to a situation of equilibrium where force of acceleration and braking are same this sound is produced. So not to worry at all. Cars which can easily move forward on 1st gear without pressing accelerator and have a high pick up tend to have this sound.
Old 9th July 2022, 14:45   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2894 View Post
Dealer in Delhi NCR are quoting 1 year waiting for DSG Variant!
Allocation have been reduced from VW to dealers. The dealer I booked at said they only got 3 DSG cars allocated and people who Pre-booked are also waiting.
Seems the chip shortage is the issue here. 8 inch screen is not suitable for Virtus (replace fit unlike Slavia) and their production is limited due to this. He is still saying that screen reduction is still not confirmed for Virtus.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks