Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 13:46   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Ummm dude, the brochure said the gear knob, steering and the handbrake lever had leather wrapped in it.

Attachment 2326456

We’ll excuse you for not eating the hat.
But still it is not clear if its real leather or not. So maybe he can still hold on to his hat!
TorqueyTechie is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 14:06   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Notice the thin barely visible line on the headlamp. I am guessing these are there to spread and reflect the light from the headlight bulb in the right direction to allow the best beam of light available.
Attachment 2325577
I think, the thin line is the injection moulding parting line.
Experts can correct if I am wrong.
turbospooler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 14:49   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
During my test drive , my SA mentioned that we could get this changed to the signature VW horn. Part of the accessories I suppose. Could not believe how bad it sounded. Probably part of cost cutting ...
Whilst the lower cost was probably welcome to VW, I think it is something to do with dual horns falling foul of some recent law. When I first asked the service centre to fit the second horn to my '14 Polo, knowing it could be done, they said "not allowed," and these people are not known for refusing a sale. However, on a subsequent service, they seemed to have forgotten that, and I got my deep-sound horn.

At that time, the mounting place was present, and drilled, to take the available stock bracket and horn. I think later Polos did not have that. I wonder about Vertus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
... I don't think any manufacturer uses real leather in their models that cost below 50L. ... I'd eat my hat if your Polo has real leather in it!
Quote:
Ummm dude, the brochure said the gear knob, steering and the handbrake lever had leather wrapped in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
But still it is not clear if its real leather or not. So maybe he can still hold on to his hat!
Even in India, with notoriously lax consumer protection, I do not think they can call it leather if it is not leather. That's what the inherently-dishonest term Art Leather was invented for.

Eat that hat! But hey, we'll be happy enough if you find a chocolate hat to eat rl;
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I think, the thin line is the injection moulding parting line.
Experts can correct if I am wrong.
That is no excuse for a bad finish.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 28th June 2022 at 14:50.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 16:14   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Even in India, with notoriously lax consumer protection, I do not think they can call it leather if it is not leather. That's what the inherently-dishonest term Art Leather was invented for.

Eat that hat! But hey, we'll be happy enough if you find a chocolate hat to eat rl
Super curious now if manufacturers use genuine leather on these parts! And not just for the sake of my poor stomach

I always thought leather = synthetic leather unless it was specified to be Nappa or something like that. I'm having the opposite reaction of Thad - pleasantly surprised to hear it might be real leather after all!

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 28th June 2022 at 16:24.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 17:01   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post

I always thought leather = synthetic leather unless it was specified to be Nappa or something like that. I'm having the opposite reaction of Thad - pleasantly surprised to hear it might be real leather after all!
The steering and gear lever (handle, not the boot) leather seems to wear like real leather. The gear lever boot is definitely synthetic. Not completely convinced about the material on the hand brake lever though. This is for the erstwhile Vento. Can confirm the same for the 1st gen i20.
Turbohead is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 18:46   #381
BHPian

I have been scouring the internet for photos of the Blue GT (Rising Blue Metallic) ever since the car was announced but haven't found a single one yet. Thankfully my dealer sent me some photos from the launch event in Mumbai. The car looks stunning! Sharing them here:

Volkswagen Virtus Review-whatsapp-image-20220624-6.39.52-pm.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-whatsapp-image-20220624-6.39.53-pm.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-whatsapp-image-20220624-6.40.00-pm.jpeg

Name:  ezgif.comgifmaker.gif
Views: 1678
Size:  5.85 MB

Less than 5 of these seem to have been delivered in Mumbai, there is highly constrained supply from the company for this colour as well so the Blue GT should be a rarity. Can't wait to take delivery of mine!
SiddharthR is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 21:46   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That is no excuse for a bad finish.
Injection moulding parting lines are not excuses for bad finish.
However clean you would "finish" it, you will still see a parting line.

The only thing which can be debated as "bad" over here is the manufacturing design where the parting line could've been hidden.

What OP (raycers_honda) mentioned is that the thin lines "...are there to spread and reflect the light from the headlight bulb in the right direction to allow the best beam of light available."

As the texture of the plastic is not heavily changing, I don't think any refraction is possible and thus my conclusion that the line is only a manufacturing motif, not a functional one.
turbospooler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 22:15   #383
BHPian

Two weeks since I booked the Topline AT in yellow, and no commitment from the dealer as yet on date of delivery.

Was wondering, am I not supposed to get a mail from VW India once the booking is entered in system by the dealer? I distinctly remember getting such a mail from Ford India back in 2016, once I paid the booking amount for my Ecosport.

Any inputs?

Last edited by Pequod : 28th June 2022 at 22:16.
Pequod is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 07:51   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Group Landmark celebrated the start of the Virtus’ retail journey at its showrooms by delivering 165 units of the sedan across Gujrat and Delhi NCR.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-severalvolkswagenvirtusbigdaydeliveriesshatterrecords1scaled.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 08:16   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Two weeks since I booked the Topline AT in yellow, and no commitment from the dealer as yet on date of delivery.

Was wondering, am I not supposed to get a mail from VW India once the booking is entered in system by the dealer? I distinctly remember getting such a mail from Ford India back in 2016, once I paid the booking amount for my Ecosport.

Any inputs?
Expecting any communication from VW is a no no. My personal experience with the journey of pre-booking GT Virtus in March to getting an allotment a day ago. Had to do multiple follow ups. Also had booked a Red GT, but had to settle for White as I didn't want a smaller screen.

If you're really in need of a car, I think the allotment will be faster if you take the insurance and loan from them, try your negotiation skills to extract best as you can. Or be ready to wait.

Last edited by kaushiksudra : 29th June 2022 at 08:17. Reason: Spelling
kaushiksudra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 08:37   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
If you're really in need of a car, I think the allotment will be faster if you take the insurance and loan from them, try your negotiation skills to extract best as you can. Or be ready to wait.
Thanks for the response, and congrats on getting your allotment! Insurance I am ok taking from the dealer, since there’s only a difference of 4k from outside quote, which I am willing to forgo for the sake of convenience and a smooth deal. As for loan, I work with a bank and so have my own arrangement.

The SA called yesterday and said silver or blue colour could be arranged within a week; he was totally non-committal about yellow. Kind of confused if I should wait or go ahead with the ‘available’ colours. Don’t want to end up with a smaller screen either.
Pequod is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 11:07   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Expecting any communication from VW is a no no. My personal experience with the journey of pre-booking GT Virtus in March to getting an allotment a day ago. Had to do multiple follow ups.
Can you help me a here a bit? I booked my Red GT last week and was told that Red color has waiting of 3-4 months. Does it mean that allotment will also be done late? OR Should I follow up for allotment even if the delivery will be late?

Booked at Elite motors Hosur Road. At the time of booking the number they told was 46 for Red, 28 for Grey. Other colors may be made available early.
Old 29th June 2022, 11:42   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddharthR View Post
I have been scouring the internet for photos of the Blue GT (Rising Blue Metallic) ever since the car was announced but haven't found a single one yet. Thankfully my dealer sent me some photos from the launch event in Mumbai. The car looks stunning! Sharing them here:
I have seen Virtus GT in blue color in dealer stockyard and it looks stunning. I think it looks better than the red which VW have used in all their promotional materials. Carbon Steel looks the least impressive as all black elements merge with the car color and don't stand out.
amit1agrawal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 12:48   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Can you help me a here a bit? I booked my Red GT last week and was told that Red color has waiting of 3-4 months. Does it mean that allotment will also be done late? OR Should I follow up for allotment even if the delivery will be late?

Booked at Elite motors Hosur Road. At the time of booking the number they told was 46 for Red, 28 for Grey. Other colors may be made available early.
Well, the allotment is given only when they receive the car from VW. They will definitely try to push for what inventory is available with them. If you're patient to wait for it you'll definitely get what you want. I was in a hurry mainly to not miss out on the 10" screen. The booking number doesn't matter I suppose, it's purely on the dealer and I'm guessing they prioritize customers who are taking loan, insurance, etc. from them, where they can make some additional cash.
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 13:07   #390

Quote:
Also had booked a Red GT, but had to settle for White as I didn't want a smaller screen.
How is white GT in person. I wanted to get white but bought the red one due to non availability of white.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th June 2022 at 13:22. Reason: Fixing quote tag, please do a Preview before submitting the post. Thanks.
shrawanohari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks