Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2023, 14:06   #1126
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

It's good to see VW introducing my favourite colour (black) in Virtus. They could've introduced matte as well, which is introduced in Taigun.

Virtus surely looks menacing in black colour. Black Virtus with dechromed parts and lowered springs surely looks hot and menacing and a dream for many including myself, who is aspiring to buy a Black Virtus in near future.

Hope VW have introduced Black as well as Lava Blue in 1.0 TSI as well.

Wish they could've introduced Slavia like red in Virtus, which looks more hotter.
car_guy1998 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 14:36   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't lava blue a Skoda colour? Surprised to see it's appearance in a VW. After so many years, pearl black is back in action
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 14:45   #1128
BHPian

As per the dealer, the black Virtus will only be available June Onwards.
manujkansal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 15:01   #1129
BHPian

The black Virtus looks hot, the signature Tiguan Blue has been brought to Virtus now, same what Skoda did-Kodiaq blue to Slavia.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-ftzgvpxwaayog5.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-ftzgvrwiamoyi5.jpeg  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 15:25   #1130
BHPian

May be its only me but the red panel insert inside the Red Virtus GT is making me hold off. Else I love the Virtus in that shade of red. Hope they remove that in 2023. Else will wait to see how the black or lava blue looks in person
DaiusPitar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 15:51   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
No major changes introduced, color additions and manual transmission incoming:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...in-june-427905
As per this news item, black color will only be available in the GT models and not the 1.0 L models.
Old 18th April 2023, 17:15   #1132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
May be its only me but the red panel insert inside the Red Virtus GT is making me hold off. Else I love the Virtus in that shade of red. Hope they remove that in 2023. Else will wait to see how the black or lava blue looks in person
You can get the panel inserts wrapped in any colour and pattern of your choice and even change it to the silver factory fitted panel in non GT trim for a nominal cost.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 23:00   #1133
BHPian

The Virtus black option would have looked stunning with the Taigun GT Plus alloy wheels, in my opinion.
jaysonline is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 14:20   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
The Virtus black option would have looked stunning with the Taigun GT Plus alloy wheels, in my opinion.
Agree but they are 17 inchers though...
Old 21st April 2023, 12:07   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Agree but they are 17 inchers though...
Yes, but I believe they could have offered it to whoever wants as an optional.
Checked the Brazil Virtus site and they come with 18in alloys(Exclusive) and standard one with 17in

Last edited by jaysonline : 21st April 2023 at 12:10.
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 14:47   #1136
Distinguished - BHPian

Days of discounting have started to come back - good news for customers! Autocar reports that discounts up to Rs 1.03 lakhs on unsold inventory of 2022 Virtus cars (seems to be mainly on 1.0 L models) and even higher discounts on the Taiguns.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...0virtus-427928
Old 22nd April 2023, 14:49   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
I took my GT back to VW Noida yesterday since I distinctly felt a problem with the brake pedal modulation - slight depression doesn’t retard speed as effectively as originally experienced and as a result, in traffic, the braking is really jerky when the brakes bite suddenly at a higher pedal depression. My car’s on 3300 kms only and the workshop techs did everything from scraping the front pads and rotors, hooking it up on the diagnostic system (no faults reported) and even TD-ing it against a newer Virtus GT. It was so frustrating that I could feel the sizeable difference in pedal action between the two cars and even the works manager himself couldn’t! I had to come away with their assurances that there’s nothing wrong since ‘the system says so’. Aren’t there any seat-of-the-pants mechanics surviving any more? Anyone else here face a similar issue on their GT/1.0?

I have this exact same problem. Yesterday took it for 1000km free inspection service. I was told nothing was wrong. Today morning, i applied brake a little bit mode and the bite was so strong that i got rear ended by a scooter at a traffic signal. Since my speed was ~5kmph and the scooter hit me at probably like 3kmph, there was only a small scratch. But I am worried this might happen at higher speeds.

I suspect that this is a bad mapping pertaining to the brake assist module. I am also exploring as to what can be done.
apramey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 21:07   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apramey View Post
I have this exact same problem. Yesterday took it for 1000km free inspection service. I was told nothing was wrong. Today morning, i applied brake a little bit mode and the bite was so strong that i got rear ended by a scooter at a traffic signal. Since my speed was ~5kmph and the scooter hit me at probably like 3kmph, there was only a small scratch. But I am worried this might happen at higher speeds.

I suspect that this is a bad mapping pertaining to the brake assist module. I am also exploring as to what can be done.
Relief to know it wasn’t just my imagination. Although since then I think I’ve kind of adapted to the new feel of the modulation, I’m still going to get it checked in a later service for that solution mentioned earlier by another member here - get their software to reset the brake assist level to a stronger setting. Can’t shake the gut feel that it’s not as it used to be..
Old 23rd April 2023, 00:43   #1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by apramey View Post

I have had this issue with my Virtus as well. I have been to the service centre countless times for this + the ventilated seats not being that effective anymore as it were when the vehicle was brand new.

Regarding the braking, they checked everything as well and said there was nothing wrong. One thing which I also noticed that the jerkiness is much more after a cold start and reduces as the car runs. But it again goes back to the jerkiness after a cold start. Hence I also struggle in traffic with jerky brakes and many times the brake gets stuck and even after taking my foot off completely from the brake, the car doesn't start moving and then suddenly starts moving.

And regarding the ventilated seats, has anyone else also faced reduction in the effectiveness of its cooling? I compared it to brand new Virtus at the service centre as well and still couldn't make them understand the cooling has actually reduced.
Old 23rd April 2023, 09:06   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy8134 View Post
And regarding the ventilated seats, has anyone else also faced reduction in the effectiveness of its cooling? I compared it to brand new Virtus at the service centre as well and still couldn't make them understand the cooling has actually reduced.
Hey.
I recently learnt some facts about the ventilated seats. So the ventilated seats do not have their own AC duct. They basically have a fan that sucks the cabin air and pushes it through the seat. So if you have set the cabin temperature low, the seats will feel cooler when u turn on ventilation. If cabin temps are high, turning on seat ventilation will only make the seats warmer. I don't know if you already knew this. I suggest you to lower cabin temps and then try.
apramey is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks