Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2023, 21:19   #1036
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Are memebere still facing the hissing sound issue from AC. Two days after taking delivery i had sharp audible AC engaging and disengaging sounds, with noticeable variation in power delivery when AC on-off would happen. The service center attended to that and the audible on-off sound and sharp difference in power delivery is gone. However the hissing noise issue is persistent. Mine is 2023 model 1.0 Virtus. I am not sure if they have done a SW update while attending initial issue. My SA told that 2023 models are not supposed to get SW updates.

I intend to take up the hissing noise issue with Service Center.

Any advise please.
Sid13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 09:20   #1037
BHPian

What mileage does Virtus GT give on highways? Is it possible to do a Bangalore to Hyderabad drive in 1 full tank? My XUV can do it with about 40% fuel tank remaining, though it is 70 litres and I have sometimes seen a 900+ km range. On sedate highway drives (max speed of 120 kmph) what range would Virtus give?
Old 29th March 2023, 11:04   #1038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
What mileage does Virtus GT give on highways? Is it possible to do a Bangalore to Hyderabad drive in 1 full tank? My XUV can do it with about 40% fuel tank remaining, though it is 70 litres and I have sometimes seen a 900+ km range. On sedate highway drives (max speed of 120 kmph) what range would Virtus give?
If you are continuously cruising at 100-120 you can expect 15kmpl+. If the speeds are not consistent expect 13-15. If you are thrashing it then it will be 11-12 only. Since the car has a tall seventh gear, constant cruising will return good FE even if you do 120. And if the road is flat it will also be in two cylinder mode which will further increase the economy. The Max range I have got so far is 570kms for 40L of use with 5L still left in the tank.

Last edited by audioholic : 29th March 2023 at 11:30.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 12:45   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Woah, that looks nice! Now it looks like a proper successor to the Vento. In my opinion, the Virtus and Slavia don't quite carry the essence of their predecessors due to their unnatural ground clearance.

Hope this doesn't result in too much scraping on speed-breakers.
So far no issues scraping etc. Recently drove from Delhi to Panipat, no problems - just a harsh ride on the KMP because of the horrible joints on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Your car look dope. One among the first mods I would have done if I had a Virtus / Slavia too. Lowering springs and a 17 inch alloys.
But I think you need a dechrome too. Personal opinion, the chrome bits are looking out of place in otherwise a fine looking car.
Hmm, yes I am considering this, probably in the coming few weeks I will get this done
Old 29th March 2023, 19:31   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
What mileage does Virtus GT give on highways? Is it possible to do a Bangalore to Hyderabad drive in 1 full tank?
Depends mostly on how we drive, I have got 730 KM range with 5-6L still remaining. Consistently if driven at 90-100 KMPH you can easily get 18+ mileage.
tsi_niks1989 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 21:39   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
I drove my GT to Bikaner and back from Delhi. Accounting for fabulous surfaces in Rajasthan and mixed traffic in and out of NCR, I saw mileage of 22kmpl on the highways with an overall trip economy of 17.9 kmpl as reported on the trip computer. Happily, this was reconfirmed within a few decimals by tank-to-tank calculation. Being under 1000 km on the odo at the time, I was not driving ‘sportily’ but 110-120 was maintained over long stretches where speed traps weren’t a risk. Very easy to keep the car on ECO mode on open stretches if you so wish and still do illegal speeds.
A full tank usually resets the range to 720 kms and I suppose, 600 is achievable under most circumstances.

Last edited by SUVolens : 29th March 2023 at 21:41.
SUVolens is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 22:11   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
Got 3 software updates for my Virtus in the 6 month/7500 kms inspection.

- I think AC is definitely more powerful now, especially in the Lo mode. Doesn't cut off now or make any hissing sounds.

- some software update to Engine too due to the update making AC more powerful. They say it was done to ensure No loss of power.
Hello could you please comment the month and make of your virtus. Also was the sw update given on request or did vw call you for the same.

Im also facing hissing sound and ac compressor cut off issue along with slightly weak ac

Kindly share some details about the ac and engine performance before and after the update.

Mine is a 2023 Jan make vehicle and SC is saying SW update has not bee advised for 2023 models
Old 30th March 2023, 07:48   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Also has anyone been able to get hold of the Mudflaps alone instead of the entire Accessory pack?
Hi, I rang up the local VW service Center and asked then to procure it for me. They helped procure and installed it as well. I had to pay only for the mud-flaps and installation costs.

The showroom however didn’t sell this standalone so I had to resort to contacting the service Center of another newly opened dealership in Kolkata.
TheFonz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 03:39   #1044
BHPian

Does any one have the pdf copy of the owners handbook or have found links to download the pdf version of the owners handbook manual or workshop repair manuals ? If yes then please do share the same.
Old 2nd April 2023, 08:43   #1045
BHPian

Took delivery of my Virtus GT yesterday. Being a March 2023 manufactured car, it is E20 compliant and has the rear fog light. Car had just 6km on the odo at the time of delivery.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230401_155710.jpg
mtnrajdeep is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 20:12   #1046
BHPian

Is VW providing bonnet insulation in the 2023 GT model? If not, do they provide it as an accessory?
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 22:03   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
Is VW providing bonnet insulation in the 2023 GT model? If not, do they provide it as an accessory?
No, there is no bonnet insulation and in the 80+ km I drove, I dont see it as necessary. Car is really refined and quiet compared to my XUV, so dont find the bonnet insulation as necessary as in the diesels.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 23:47   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
They're not. And on checking a few people getting it here, i enquired at my ASC, and they have no clue on the availability of the same. feel it'll make the experience that bit better.
kaushiksudra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 08:09   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
They are. It costs 875/- plus taxes in Noida and I got mine installed at the 1000 km checkup. It’s a genuine VW accessory and other dealerships should have access to this as well.

On the effects of the installation - it almost obliterates the engine note that used to take on a growl under hard acceleration. Some like it, others not so much. I used to like it a lot in an otherwise quiet car. But the item itself is ‘easy-on easy-off’ so maybe one of these trips I’ll just take it off and store in the boot just get get some thrill back.
SUVolens is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 08:29   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
And if the road is flat it will also be in two cylinder mode which will further increase the economy.
The FE figures are quite accurate, and what I noticed as well.

Just one thing which I am trying to understand (still experimenting): In cruise control mode, the 2-cylinder mode activates briefly and disappears while encountering road undulations or while climbing (guess, it has to work harder), stays on much longer while decelerating. It seems I can keep the 2-cylinder mode active for a longer time, when I carefully modulate the acceleration input manually (not easy).
stringbh is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks