Old 4th March 2023, 10:51   #961
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Virtus GT Updates - Part 6

Delivery Date: 27th September 2022
ODO: 5800KM
Thanks for the update! I was hoping that the vaccumming of AC oil and gas as suggested earlier would help solve the AC problem but it doesn't seem to work now?
Old 4th March 2023, 11:05   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
How did they solve the driver side window issue? Through the same software update?

Did they told at least unofficially what the software update is doing to the AC?
They did two updates, one was done via the connection of the cars OBD to their system - this was for the driver window (so they claim)

The second update - where they didnt explain what exactly they were doing, they had connected to the ECU under the hood

Driver window seems fixed, AC I dont feel any difference
vividhavasthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 19:33   #963
BHPian

Test drove Virtus 1.0 today for about 10 to 12 kms. Was extremely impressed by the suspension setup and in all road and speed conditions. Definitely the best suspension setup available this side of 20 lakhs. High speed manners are not as good as the polo im currently using but im pretty sure wont be matched by anyone in same price bracket.

Build quality surely not as good as my 2015 polo, interior plastic, sheet metal, switches, upholstery, headliner, take anything, its inferior in comparison.

Maneuvering the vehicle at low speed city traffic is easy, steering has right balance. The Virtus definitely doesnt make its dimension felt when you drive.

In city during however would be hampered by lack if power in the lower end from 1.0 TP engine. If you are not driving with a careful and lite right foot you would have to change gears often. Gear shifts are bit rubbery, however throws are short and so is clutch travel and hardness compared to polo. Mid range is awesome and without fuss Virtus hit tripple digit speeds and easily maintains it. Also the way car behaves at such speeds are very matured and confidence inspiring.

Trust drive the magnite cvt too. Automatic performance and city driveability was really good. However in no other area can it compete against Virtus (and is not expected either due to the price difference).

Now the City TD is pending...
Sid13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 12:53   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
Thanks for the update! I was hoping that the vaccumming of AC oil and gas as suggested earlier would help solve the AC problem but it doesn't seem to work now?
The gas vacuum did make a difference, earlier that ac (each time it kicked on) made a hissing sound inside the cabin, this was fixed (reduced I should say) after they refilled it to the correct spec. Now the problem has more to do with the noise the ac compressor makes every few mins as it keeps going on/off.
Old 6th March 2023, 14:01   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
The gas vacuum did make a difference, earlier that ac (each time it kicked on) made a hissing sound inside the cabin, this was fixed (reduced I should say) after they refilled it to the correct spec. Now the problem has more to do with the noise the ac compressor makes every few mins as it keeps going on/off.
I have this hissing sound in my taigun. Raised it everytime to the SA but he was dismissive about it. Cooling is very avg to say the least.
Old 6th March 2023, 14:33   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
I have this hissing sound in my taigun. Raised it everytime to the SA but he was dismissive about it. Cooling is very avg to say the least.
Have them check the quantity of gas and oil in the system and compare it to the recommended level. Thats the only way around it. This job doesn't take very long.
vividhavasthi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 18:02   #967
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review - RDE

Is the 1.5 TSi going to be made RDE compliant? I remember reading that this engine was imported and the 1.0 TSi was heavily localized, so would VW invest in upgrading the 1.5 TSi to BS 6.2 RDE standards? Or would they prefer to discontinue the 1.5 TSi like they are doing with the 2.0 TSi engines in Octavia/Superb?
Old 8th March 2023, 18:31   #968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Is the 1.5 TSi going to be made RDE compliant? I remember reading that this engine was imported and the 1.0 TSi was heavily localized, so would VW invest in upgrading the 1.5 TSi to BS 6.2 RDE standards? Or would they prefer to discontinue the 1.5 TSi like they are doing with the 2.0 TSi engines in Octavia/Superb?
There is no technical changes needed to make the 1.5TSI or any European engine RDE compliant. It just has to be re-homologated under the new test conditions and type certificate revised.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 20:44   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
There is no technical changes needed to make the 1.5TSI or any European engine RDE compliant. It just has to be re-homologated under the new test conditions and type certificate revised.
But they aren't doing that with the 2.0 TSi, are they? What prevents them from following the same approach for 1.5TSi as well?
Old 8th March 2023, 21:55   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
But they aren't doing that with the 2.0 TSi, are they? What prevents them from following the same approach for 1.5TSi as well?
The 2.0TSI was axed not due to RDE norms but due to the CAFE restrictions on the company's overall models. They are different. RDE isn't some new thing exclusive to Indian market. Above all, the VAG group has had the toughest time with RDE aka dieselgate scandal so this isn't a challenge anymore for them RDE is already present in EU countries and it's just a copy paste for VW if they haven't used the same software previously.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 11:56   #971
BHPian

My Virtus GT is now a month and a half old and stands at exactly 2000 kms, with a trip to Bikaner under its belt. The 1000 km service was done a couple of weeks back and today, I took it in for a software update for the ac as informed over email by VW. I never really faced any cooling or tripping problem in the ac in my car, whether out on the highways or in town, and cooling has been very satisfactory within 35° ambient outside so far. So, not sure what the update will do in the future in terms of improvement (I’m a big believer of ‘if it ain’t broke, leave it alone). However, I did go ahead and fix the now available hood insulation. It cost 856/- at the VW Noida dealership. Now here’s the rub - I tried to see if there’s any appreciable difference in NHV with this new add-on and I have to admit, I’m a bit saddened. The piece of felt does it’s job only too well. The addictive snarl I loved out of the 1.5 EVO motor under hard acceleration is now all but gone. The car was never noisy to begin with, but the rasp from this gem of a motor when given the stick, was a few of the perks (something I enjoyed immensely in the roar of the 3.2 Endeavour I traded in for this car) I revelled in. Folks complaining about that ‘noise’ will be pleased no doubt, should you choose to install.

To sum up my short ownership on the Virtus, I’m nothing but thrilled so far.

It drives like a fiend when you want/need it to - the steering is set perfectly for all speeds. I don’t know what all the noise about a lifeless steering is all about. It’s spot on!
It pleases the miser in me when travelling long distances, giving me 20 kmpl and over while I enjoy the roads. The ride is brilliant - soaking up irregularities like the mature product it is. It is in fact exactly half the cost per kilometer to my diesel ex, which dulls the ache of having to part with the legend after covering all four corners of the country.
True, the interiors are nowhere as plush and ‘soft feel’ like the unappreciated Ford, but hey - it has German solidity all over it and I appreciate this no-nonsense approach to car building than the gimmicky builds of other star sellers I shall leave unnamed.
And in Wild Cherry Red - it has me hanging around the parking every time, a few minutes longer than I need to. That’s what I look for in my cars - love.

By the way - for owners fretting about the irritating engine start-stop at every braking and speed bump, here’s a tip. Feather the brake as you’re coming to a stop and hold firm only once the vehicle has come to a complete halt. 9 out of 10 times, the car won’t die on you. You’re welcome ☺️
SUVolens is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 12:57   #972
BHPian

Hi, can anyone elaborate on the E20 fuel for the Virtus engines? I've read some confusing things that also say that engines might suffer if they're not tuned for E20 fuel. Would that be true for the current on road 1.0 and 1.5 TSI ?
Old 9th March 2023, 19:48   #973
BHPian

Is there any chance that we get the 1.5 TSI EVO2 engine soon due to the BS 6.2 and CAFE 2 regulations in April?
Old 9th March 2023, 20:59   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The 2.0TSI was axed not due to RDE norms but due to the CAFE restrictions on the company's overall models. They are different. RDE isn't some new thing exclusive to Indian market. Above all, the VAG group has had the toughest time with RDE aka dieselgate scandal so this isn't a challenge anymore for them RDE is already present in EU countries and it's just a copy paste for VW if they haven't used the same software previously.
Would love to know your thoughts on the E20 fuel situation for our current on road TSI engines ?
Old 9th March 2023, 22:08   #975
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
Would love to know your thoughts on the E20 fuel situation for our current on road TSI engines ?
I am not sure about it but neither the government nor manufacturers will make such a regulative change which will suddenly affect older cars. Even when E20 is rolled out, it will be done partially I believe and not as the only available option. Thats because we have millions of older vehicles running which may not work well with E20.

However, being specific to the car, you may read this article for some clarity: https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...8723/?is_amp=1

When you run a global engine in your vehicle, its bound to be developed with a future ready state in most aspects because some other countries would have more stringent rules and regulations and it doesn't really make economic sense to develop an inferior(read less compliant) version of a modern engine just because a different country doesn't have such stringency yet. Hence, that's Why I earlier said that even RDE is no big deal for VAG group.

Last edited by audioholic : 9th March 2023 at 22:11.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks