Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2023, 14:27   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
I wouldn't agree that it's 100% palcebo, it does some minor but noticeable changes. In my Fortuner when I replaced the stock to K&N I could gear the turbo a lot better and slight increase in mileage and almost no difference in Power. When the same was done on my Civic, the highway mileage was bettered and no other difference.

Tempted to get one on the GT, but I guess I'll have to wait it out..
The only thing aftermarket air filters do is increase intake noise which makes you feel like it's faster or sportier. It's the same effect as sticking a trumpet in the exhaust

If you got an increase in mileage, then that means the stock filter was clogged and was due for replacement anyway.

Aftermarket filters can be beneficial if you have already made significant modifications to the engine and intake system which make it require more airflow.
Old 15th January 2023, 21:28   #872
BHPian

Thank you, dear admins and mods, for granting me membership to this esteemed forum! I have been an avid reader for the past year, ever since I caught the bug for a new car. I should have done this in my first post itself, but better late than never.

I’m in the process of buying Virtus GT and had a few queries and would love to pick the brain of the members.

acko doesn’t provide Gearbox cover at all not even as part of the add on “Engine protector”, is it Ok to go for Acko with this caveat as I understand the DSG gearbox is costly in case of any damage due to floods etc. Just wanted to check with others who have gone for GT, which insurance have they opted for and the covers.
Old 15th January 2023, 21:50   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If you want real noticeable difference over the CEATs - you'll need to get imported tyres
Sir, I too am looking to change the tyres on my Virtus GT to Michelins, but am being told that firstly 205/55/R16’ aren’t easily available and even if they are made available it will have a D O T of 2021 or worse 2020. Price hasn’t been confirmed yet, but I expect I will be charged a premium as it’s not easily available. I plan to change the tyres as soon as I receive the car next week so planning ahead.
Are there any other specific tyres which offer similar experience that you can advise.
Old 16th January 2023, 00:02   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
I’m in the process of buying Virtus GT and had a few queries and would love to pick the brain of the members.
acko doesn’t provide Gearbox cover at all not even as part of the add on “Engine protector”, is it Ok to go for Acko with this caveat as I understand the DSG gearbox is costly in case of any damage due to floods etc. Just wanted to check with others who have gone for GT, which insurance have they opted for and the covers.
Why don't you try searching on policybazaar by putting up filters of your choice, don't just stick to acko, look at all the companies. In case of flood damage, if the car gets damage by flood all insurance companies cover that, only if the damage is intentional, like you drove the in water intentionally, then you need to have engine and gearbox protection, this is as per my understanding.

Quote:
Sir, I too am looking to change the tyres on my Virtus GT to Michelins, but am being told that firstly 205/55/R16’ aren’t easily available and even if they are made available it will have a D O T of 2021 or worse 2020. Price hasn’t been confirmed yet, but I expect I will be charged a premium as it’s not easily available. I plan to change the tyres as soon as I receive the car next week so planning ahead.
Are there any other specific tyres which offer similar experience that you can advise.
Why don't you try MRF perfinza, they have really good reviews here on Tbhp, and they cost a bit less than Michelins and you would be able to find new stock as well.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 00:24   #875

Quote:
Hi SR29, congratulations on your new car, my Red GT has just reached the dealership and I too am planning to change the tyres, can you please advise the tyre size you used and the cost for the Michelin PS4s.
I stuck to the stock tyre size itself; you can upgrade to 215/55 from 205/55 if you wish to.They (PS4) costed me about 12.5k each and i've got 5.5k in exchange for the stock Goodyears.

As i've recently finished 18k Kilometers on the PS4s, you need to be prepared for some tyre noise in the coming days. The grip is fabulous, no denying it! This is one issue that concered me.
SR29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 15:41   #876
BHPian

How do I log in to VW Play Apps. I have registered on my mobile after scanning the QR code but get blank black screen when click on 'Log In' button. Advisor said that connect the car to strong WiFi and it will take 5-10 mins to download apps. But I am not sure if he is telling the correct method.

Choosing login with OTP keep throwing error that wrong Mobile number was entered. My Jio Dongle activation is still in progress if that is linked to it.

Last edited by vidyanand : 20th January 2023 at 15:44. Reason: Added Info
Old 21st January 2023, 14:20   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
My Jio Dongle activation is still in progress if that is linked to it.
It'll only work after the linking is done.

Last edited by kaushiksudra : 21st January 2023 at 14:22.
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 19:36   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Virtus GT Updates - Part 2
Here are the specs

Bulb Type: H8
Stock Wattage: 70W (total)
LED Wattage: 72W (total)
Brand: Night Eye
Color: 6500K (Cool White)
Cost: About 2K
Did you face any error on MID after installing the LED fog lights?
We have a virtus in our group, When we contacted the local SVC he
asked us to adhere with the stock yellow halogen fog lamp.
But we find the yellow light to be an eyesore to the otherwise beautiful car and never face fog anyways. So,
Will it actually void the warranty if we change it to LED?
Experienced members please throw some light

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd January 2023 at 20:01. Reason: Fixing Quote tags, please do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.
Old 24th January 2023, 12:24   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanket299 View Post
Did you face any error on MID after installing the LED fog lights?
We have a virtus in our group, When we contacted the local SVC he
asked us to adhere with the stock yellow halogen fog lamp.
But we find the yellow light to be an eyesore to the otherwise beautiful car and never face fog anyways. So,
Will it actually void the warranty if we change it to LED?
Experienced members please throw some light
I changed the lights on day 1, I did not get any issues with warnings on the MID, most of these new LEDs are CANBUS LEDs.

The SA at my local VW workshop is quite cool with helping me out (thanks to owning Jetta and Polo and always sticking with them for any service and repair) he said that in the future if any warranty claim comes up we will just swap it back to the stock bulbs, the difference is night and day.

It hardly takes 5 mins to change the bulbs, I would change them and not stress too much about the warranty.
vividhavasthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 16:42   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sai View Post
I'm going to take delivery of my Virtus GT(Reflex Silver) this week and I'm curious what your take on a dash cam is ,since you have prior experience with the brand. This is my first time owning a VW and I'm very wary about the DSG issues having experienced them first hand with my friend's car(Polo GT) a couple of years ago.I have opted for extended warranty and I'm unsure if installation of a dashcam will void my warranty (I'm aware that this happens only when wiring is tampered with).[/b]
Installing a dash cam without any wire cutting does not void warranty. Front & rear dash cam were fitted on my Virtus (DIY) on day one. When I went back to the dealer to collect my HSRP, he asked if I had cut any wires as it will void warranty, I confirmed I did not & he acknowledged there will not be any warranty related issues. You can buy front & rear dash cam together, the rear cam will include a long wire which will draw power from the front main camera. You can check out the the "70mai Pro Plus A500S Dual"
Venkat_Figo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 16:49   #881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Installing a dash cam without any wire cutting does not void warranty. Front & rear dash cam were fitted on my Virtus (DIY) on day one. When I went back to the dealer to collect my HSRP, he asked if I had cut any wires as it will void warranty, I confirmed I did not & he acknowledged there will not be any warranty related issues. You can buy front & rear dash cam together, the rear cam will include a long wire which will draw power from the front main camera. You can check out the the "70mai Pro Plus A500S Dual"
Can you help me with how your installation went and was it at an FNG? How well hidden is the wiring and do you have any suggestions for hiding the wiring well. Did you connect it to the fusebox directly for power in an accessory port?
Thanks for the information in advance.
Old 24th January 2023, 18:14   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sai View Post
Can you help me with how your installation went and was it at an FNG? How well hidden is the wiring and do you have any suggestions for hiding the wiring well.
Thanks for the information in advance.
I too need help on this topic. I was gifted the qubo pro gps. I wanted the ddpai but the hints given to the person who gifted this to me didn't go as planned. Hence I landed up with the qubo pro gps.
It does the job well and i have nothing to complain about. Setup was relatively a breeze. Installation too. But here's the thing I need help on preferably i diy for the wiring.
I don't intend to hardwire it.

Attachment 2409827
I have left the wire dangling for the time being.

Attachment 2409828
The wire looks like an eyesore but it doesn't really come in the way while driving.

Attachment 2409829
Do keep in mind the placement of the camera. Remember if your the type who keeps removing the sd card then position it accordingly. I did not keep the fasttag sticker in mind when sticking it. So now I get part of the fast tag in the video. Just a little part in the corner when I preview the footage.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20230121_110002.jpg
Plug in when I drive plug out when I stop. Easy peasy. Funny thing is that this qubo pro gps model captures about a minute without any power source.
Old 30th January 2023, 14:08   #883
BHPian

Acceleration Alerts: I get a lot of quick acceleration alerts in normal City drive in D mode on my Virtus GT. I turned off the notification in the VW Connect Plus app but i still get some faint beep alerts. It also shows on the trip summary in the app.

Are others also experiencing same?

12V Socket: From YouTube videos on this, it seems many VW cars used to have a provision to move the 12V socket fuse to be able engage or disengage ACC mode power instead of it getting power all the time. Has anyone explored it? I will definitely check with Service Advisor on my 1st visit.
Old 30th January 2023, 14:15   #884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Acceleration Alerts: I get a lot of quick acceleration alerts in normal City drive in D mode on my Virtus GT. I turned off the notification in the VW Connect Plus app but i still get some faint beep alerts. It also shows on the trip summary in the app.

Are others also experiencing same?
Just a normal Chikmagalur drive:
Volkswagen Virtus Review-4fe2658751664a908e70c3a96892729d.jpeg

The developers have underestimated the power the TSI can lay down on the road I have disabled all notifications since the app considers auto start stop also as a normal ignition off and on which is stupid.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 17:11   #885
BHPian

Hello All,

first of all, thanks to the mods for accepting my request.

I have booked Virtus 1.0 AT from B.U. Bhandari showroom in Pune.
I've specifically asked for the 2023 chassis and they said I'll need to wait for 2-3 months and 2022 chassis can be provided within a week.

anyone else faced the same?

Also, any feedback regarding the dealer? the one in Shivajinagar, Pune

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks