Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2022, 16:59   #121
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi053 View Post
Any update whether the car reached Bangalore showrooms? If anyone has details let me know.
They have. Today was the official unveiling. You can check it out at the VW Palace cross showroom.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 17:46   #122
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to check out the Virtues at a local dealership. Looks wise it appeals to me more than the Slavia. The smoked treatment of the tail lamps also appealed better to me.

The SA was pretty certain that a manual option would be available for the 1.5 TSI. Around a lakh less than the DSG. Interiors are pretty much similar to the Slavia.

The blue shade looks much better on the Virtues than the Slavia in my opinion. Perhaps because the black accents set it off better.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220514_155123171.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220514_155046782.jpg

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 18:03   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2298 View Post
[*]The doors like rest of the cars from VAG were really hefty and had that proper German thud, also the insulation and rubber beadings were all present in generous amount, no cost-cutting there.
Checked out the Slavia. Haven't checked the Virtus yet, but would probably not be very different in terms of build quality. The doors did not feel hefty, made a thunk rather than a thud, the boot lid felt a bit lighter too. Though, this may not say much about safety ratings. I would like to see how the 2.0 VAG models put through those safety rating tests, probably, they might still get a 4 star rating by a whisker.

Build does not feel not comparable to earlier offerings (having Vento in mind), though feature list is on par. But, boy have they given us the 1.5L engine which is the only reason why the enthusiasts would still go for it.
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 18:21   #124
BHPian

Nice, going to buy this towards the end of this year to replace an old Duster - will be the third VW in my garage, others being a 2011 Passat and a 2017 Tiguan.
driven646 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 18:44   #125
BHPian

Came back from VW Lucknow showroom, having pre-booked the car I was skeptical about the blue colour. But I was so wrong, Virtus looks quite good in blue colour. Dealer had 2 cars on display- 1 blue Topline and 1.5 GT Cherry Red.

TBH the alloys on the Topline look better compared to GT, also black alloys on GT would be difficult to maintain in our conditions. Coming to the car, from exterior it looks the best among the siblings-sporty and elegant. It can be easily mistaken for a Jetta, with almost similar treatment done to the rear lights. Front seems similar to the new gen Polo. Front doors seems to be of almost similar weight as my Polo while the rear is lighter but still much better than Honda city(we have a City 4th gen in our family).

Now the interiors, yes the quality of MQB-A0-IN is may be 5-10% down than the PQ25 platform cars but when compared to Slavia which I checked out last month, VW has done a better job. Hard plastics are present everywhere but the regular touch-points are covered nicely- steering is the best part in interiors feels super premium. The integrated infotainment system feels good and premium(till you don't see your fingerprints) when compared to the one in Slavia. Some simple and smart touches like the ones in Slavia are missing here. Roof liner is similar to the one in Slavia-better than Taigun but still not MG Astor level. The handles in the door for closing do not creak, I remember the CBU TROC door handles used to creak.

Long story short, Virtus is a car which can give that feel of a pricier car than what it is actually, specially the 1L variants. For 1.5, it is the car for the enthusiasts under 20L, might not be a handler like the earlier Polo but cannot be bad. The sales executive will call when TD begins, hope it would be on expected lines.

Few images for boosting our immunity:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_9102.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_9100.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_9107.jpg  

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 14th May 2022 at 18:53.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 19:50   #126
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Virtus customer previews from May 14 - June 8, 2022

The Volkswagen Virtus started reaching dealerships across India earlier this week. The company has now confirmed that 152 dealerships will host customer previews from May 14 to June 8, 2022. Prices for the Virtus will be announced on June 9, 2022.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-1-2.jpg

VW's new mid-size sedan will be available in two trims - Dynamic Line and Performance Line. The car features a typical VW design with sharp edges and clean lines. It has a dual-tone interior with a contemporary dashboard featuring a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a digital instrument cluster. The car comes with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, automatic climate control, and an electric sunroof.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-0.jpg

The Virtus will be available with two engine options. These include a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that makes 113 BHP and 175 Nm and a 1.5-litre TSI engine that puts out 148 BHP and 250 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic and 7-speed DSG.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 20:09   #127

The 1.5L one is called GT Plus and have a single premium variant and the 1.0 have three options - comfort, something I forgot and Topline.

Topline 1.0 is virtually identical to GT plus including sunroof except obvious differentiators like engine and power and GT badges and the alloy wheels (I think everyone dislikes those black anyway).

Yellow looks super good. But I guess, I will go with carbon steel grey.

The prices may be unveiled before 9th as VW intends to do some deliveries on 9th itself. (The SA told me)

Sadly, he gave no assurance about 1.5 Manual. But I am not ruling out the possibility. Fingers crossed.
Old 14th May 2022, 21:41   #128
BHPian

Checked out the red 1.5 dsg here in hyderabad. Very good looks. Much better quality than both the Kushaq and the Slavia. Seats are slightly better too.

But a lot of places where the build quality is sub par. One thing that stood out was how flimsy the roof was. It kept going in very easily on application of very minimal pressure as shown in the pic.

Will be mostly cancelling my booking.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-dd0b623013044bc2a4903cb08c1a32f7.jpeg  

bharathan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 21:56   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Checked out the red 1.5 dsg here in hyderabad. Very good looks. Much better quality than both the Kushaq and the Slavia. Seats are slightly better too.

But a lot of places where the build quality is sub par. One thing that stood out was how flimsy the roof was. It kept going in very easily on application of very minimal pressure as shown in the pic.

Will be mostly cancelling my booking.
Fret not- this used to happen to my Polo too, a 4-star rated car. If you like the car for what it has, it would be a really good buy.
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 22:29   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Love how VW India has done a brilliant job to match the design as much as possible to the Jetta GLI available internationally!

See a Jetta GLI in red and a Virtus GT Line in red, they look so similar!

Name:  6D713F3304674997BA7C7239810A5E53.jpeg
Views: 2612
Size:  66.2 KB

Volkswagen Virtus Review-b2c2eef1762c4b3ea22ba0c57dde8b8c.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-d44fd565ad9146849ff43bb642b5c5e7.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-6d0bc365531a436bb34887cc4d4f3755.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 18:07   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone who has visited the showroom please tell me that the Curcuma Yellow GT does not come with the all black alloy wheels? It is hard to make out from the picture above. I hope the all black wheel is limited to the red car. The yellow Virtus looks so lovely and the diamond cut alloys would go so well with it.
Old 15th May 2022, 18:15   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Can someone who has visited the showroom please tell me that the Curcuma Yellow GT does not come with the all black alloy wheels? It is hard to make out from the picture above. I hope the all black wheel is limited to the red car. The yellow Virtus looks so lovely and the diamond cut alloys would go so well with it.
Every GT car (1.5TSI) is going to come with the black alloys and the other (1.0TSI) is going to come with the diamond cut ones
TSI_FTW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 18:39   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
It does. GT plus has those black alloys no matter what colour car is.

I visited Downtown Mumbai yesterday.
Hswrites is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 22:20   #134
BHPian

Checked out the Virtus @ VW showroom yesterday and have mixed impressions about this highly anticipated sedan.

1. Very stylish and proportionate for a sedan and looks much better in person than in pictures.

2. Open the doors and you somehow don't feel the usual heaviness of VW cars of the past and same goes with how they close shut.

3. The dash is a clear departure from previous VW design and looks more futuristic with shaper lines like a Jap/Korean design language. The dash didn't sit well with my expectation for an understated one but might be highly appreciated and adopted by people who felt the previous design a bit boring and want a bit more sharper.

4. The effects of MQB-AOIN platform are clearly visible and if you observe you can see the cost cuttings in certain areas.

5. Big features missing are 360-degree camera and electronic/memory function seats which are what I can't miss out in my new car.

Test drives might be available in another two weeks and hope the prices are also revealed sooner. Overall a very good option for mid size sedan buyers.
ranjith_cbz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 23:17   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith_cbz View Post
2. Open the doors and you somehow don't feel the usual heaviness of VW cars of the past and same goes with how they close shut.
There was a difference, even, between my 2012 Polo and my current 2014 model.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks