Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2022, 12:44   #181
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
This is how marketing misleads people.
It's nothing like an actual diff lock or an actual limited slip diff - it's something similar in scope to what the ABS and ESP modules do with the brakes - in this case, the "diff lock" you are talking about is just selective grabbing of brakes on one corner, to masquerade as momentary traction availability on the slipping corner, to fool the diff into sending power to the other corner. It's nowhere near as effective as a real LSD or a real lockable diff.
This is one of those "give an acronym/name that sounds complicated, customers will think it's a wonderful feature" things.
Exactly, it's a pseudo diff lock and in addition, it only works till 30 km/h. The vRS 230 Octavia came with this.
firstguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 15:28   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
There is a thread on ineffective A/C of Taigun. Slavia seems to have same setup as Kushaq which also has ineffective a/c cooling in hotter parts of the country. Does anyone know if Virtus has the same A/C as Taigun, or have they fixed the issues in Virtus?
Yes the AC's on all these 4 cars are the same. One of the YouTuber's also showcased in a video how compressor cuts off on higher RPM's, standstill or in motion. So AC performance is a concern on these models for hotter areas.
yogiii is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 19:31   #183
Senior - BHPian

Friend visited showroom here and sent me this. Now m really tempted to go and check her out in person

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220518_200535.jpg

The only part I feel needs some tuning is the front bumper below grill. It has too much of emptiness in it as of now.
neoonwheels is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 20:28   #184
BHPian

Re: Skoda vs VW Service Experience at Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
How much is the wait time for you?
I prebooked the car late March, with delivery ETA being end May or first week June. On the launch visit, I'm told it'll be mid June. Fingers crossed. Was told they're expecting many vehicles allotment, but can only confirm next week. I'm guessing VW deliberately delayed the price reveal so they can deliver as many vehicles in the first month i presume.

Shall update when i get something concrete here..
Old 20th May 2022, 22:49   #185
BHPian

Virtus GT black mod 3D video, looks dope. Those body kits are surely coming into our market soon.

Old 21st May 2022, 00:00   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
This is how marketing misleads people.
It's nothing like an actual diff lock or an actual limited slip diff - it's something similar in scope to what the ABS and ESP modules do with the brakes - in this case, the "diff lock" you are talking about is just selective grabbing of brakes on one corner, to masquerade as momentary traction availability on the slipping corner, to fool the diff into sending power to the other corner. It's nowhere near as effective as a real LSD or a real lockable diff.
This is one of those "give an acronym/name that sounds complicated, customers will think it's a wonderful feature" things.
Honestly I don't know what the terms used here means. But, if the advertised feature performs its intended function in whatever little way to increase the safety, and some other car doesn't offer the same, it is a good feature to have. Before ruling out something as inconsequential, better to take an informed view.
theabstractmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 07:10   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniraghu View Post
Dear Fellow BHPians,

I am seriously considering one of the Slavia / Virtus (when it launches) cousins as my next daily-commute option. The only concerning point now seems to be the horror stories around the service centers and the in-general panning of them.

I am well on-board with the general idea of "4 days' pain in return of 361 days' pleasure", but I'd like to know "how much" pain I would have to go through during those 4 days, if you know what I mean.

I was prepared for bad service when I purchased my T-Jet but have been pleasantly surprised both with the previous Butta Service center and now the Pride (Mopar) Service. Routine services have not exceeded 6 hours and returned the same day; but body-shop repairs (especially involving insurance) have always required prodding and pushing to get the job done, let alone in a timely manner. It was a sea-change as opposed to what I had seen with my Swift previously where the Maruti Service Centers used to ensure body-shop works were completed much earlier than promised (including all insurance formalities) and used to keep badgering me to pick the car up so that they can accommodate more vehicles for service.

Thanks in advance!
Comparison with maruti or hyundai service network does not seem right. Also you have to factor that VAG cars require servicing at yearly intervals only. VW or skoda will never be able to match the network unless they sell like maruti or hyundai. As rightly pointed out 4 days of pain for 361 days of delightful and safer drive. I did check virtus in person. Lot of flaws in taigun has been sorted out like roof liner, position of entertainment system, marginally better interiors etc. IMO please go ahead. It is just 4 days of pain if at all you get into a tiff with SA. However i must also say for me Virtus appeared longer for a city commute.
Old 21st May 2022, 08:59   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniraghu View Post
Dear Fellow BHPians,

I am seriously considering one of the Slavia / Virtus (when it launches) cousins as my next daily-commute option. The only concerning point now seems to be the horror stories around the service centers and the in-general panning of them.

I am well on-board with the general idea of "4 days' pain in return of 361 days' pleasure", but I'd like to know "how much" pain I would have to go through during those 4 days, if you know what I mean.
Thanks in advance!
I generally keep repeating this comment in this forum. If you like the car, and are prepared for potentially some pain at some point , go ahead. The driving pleasure as you would know is unmatched and like your experience with the T Jet you may end up having a perfect experience. Also, you would typically get into a headache only in the case of unplanned repairs.Regular service in most cases should not be much of an hassle.
Old 21st May 2022, 13:58   #189
BHPian

Happen to visit apple auto (Bangalore) today to pick up my beauty after service, it was a pleasant surprise to get a glimpse of new kid on the block V I R T U S

In word, WOW.

Awesome road presence and its striking for sure, thought of getting one but pocket will not allow for sure. Well, VENTO should go on for another 1 Lakh KM, its 150K on Odo as on today

1.5 TSI - few pics from the showroom

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220521_105426.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220521_105421.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220521_105500.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220521_105512.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220521_105451.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220521_105437.jpg

Brochure V I R T US

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220521_132225.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220521_132242.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220521_132252.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-picc.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-pic2.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220521_132255.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220521_132314.jpg

[ATTACH=IMG_20220521_132252.jpg]Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220521_132316.jpg[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Aditya : 26th May 2022 at 05:14. Reason: Images attached
glovins2004 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:25   #190
BHPian

Have been reading on Slavia forum that the 10 inch infotainment system is being replaced by 8inch aftermarket Panasonic system, if that happens in Virtus as well- will skip taking delivery.

The car is not priced anywhere in budget segment so VW should know that customers are already paying premium at price close to 18L ex showroom for top of the line models. Also Skoda dealers are telling a price hike of 50k from June 1 on Slavia, which would mean that VW would also price Virtus at 18.49L ex showroom helping prospective buyers to ignore these products.
Old 23rd May 2022, 12:16   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Have been reading on Slavia forum that the 10 inch infotainment system is being replaced by 8inch aftermarket Panasonic system, if that happens in Virtus as well- will skip taking delivery.

The car is not priced anywhere in budget segment so VW should know that customers are already paying premium at price close to 18L ex showroom for top of the line models. Also Skoda dealers are telling a price hike of 50k from June 1 on Slavia, which would mean that VW would also price Virtus at 18.49L ex showroom helping prospective buyers to ignore these products.
What!! they're changing the Infotainment display?? this seems to be one of the most accurate item in this vehicle. Damn. I guess they should add features rather than delete in these new launches to make people happy about their choice rather than regret!! the wait has been long enough to put us off already..

Though I highly doubt they would do any changes from the preview car for the fist lot of cars..

Last edited by kaushiksudra : 23rd May 2022 at 12:24.
Old 23rd May 2022, 13:37   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
What!! they're changing the Infotainment display?? this seems to be one of the most accurate item in this vehicle.
Yes, read this article today on our forum Team Bhp News .

"Reports suggest that the Skoda Slavia and VW Virtus will no longer get the 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It is likely to be downgraded to an aftermarket Panasonic 8-inch unit. It is also said that wireless charging will be removed from both models."

Absolutely wrong from the group to take such foolish decisions in new launches which have just started gaining momentum.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 15:55   #193
BHPian

Quote:

"Reports suggest that the Skoda Slavia and VW Virtus will no longer get the 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It is likely to be downgraded to an aftermarket Panasonic 8-inch unit. It is also said that wireless charging will be removed from both models."
I found that article a bit confusing. It said 10 inch is being removed out of both and price hike for both Slavia and Virtus.
Virtus price is not yet revealed, there is no point of price hike when there is no reveal yet.
Old 23rd May 2022, 18:52   #194
BHPian

Few points the SA told me when I went to check out the Virtus. I did mention to him that I have a Slavia 1.5 manual booking already, so he was comparing and highlighting the improvements on Virtus. It could be a sales pitch for all I know.
  1. No 1.5 manual any time soon - he said only 5 or 6 Taigun 1.5 manuals were sold in Trivandrum, so the demand is very low for this engine gearbox combo.
  2. There are several improvements in Virtus compared to Slavia. When I pressed for more details, he just mentioned that the back of the car is lowered compared to Slavia, and hence will have better handling.
  3. Since they are also exporting the Virtus, the model we get here is better put together, and with far less localization compared to Slavia. This can be seen in the interior fit and finish and overall quality of touch and feel parts.
  4. The infotainment unit in Salvia is getting downgraded to help the launch sales of Virtus; with deliveries planned to start from 2nd week of June.
  5. Virtus will be priced at a slight premium to Slavia, but to potential customers, they are indicating the pricing of Taigun and comparing with that. The exact pricing will anyhow be known on 9th of June.
Old 24th May 2022, 07:41   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, read this article today on our forum Team Bhp News .

Absolutely wrong from the group to take such foolish decisions in new launches which have just started gaining momentum.
This is really weird and seems only VAG can take such decisions. Taigun was launched at a premium with less than satisfactory interiors, has seen multiple price hikes and removal of some features in less than 9 months of launch. They got their forecasting terribly wrong. The brand director keeps saying about cost reduction for owners . May his highness meet some owners and get a reality bite.

Last edited by prabhu7944 : 24th May 2022 at 07:42. Reason: Correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks