Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2022, 15:13   #781
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Need inputs.

I saw both Taigun and Virtus Topline AT today. Somehow I found Virtus interior more luxurious than Taigun.

Can someone please explain me why did I feel so. I am unable to justify myself the difference in my perception though both are almost similar.
Old 12th November 2022, 16:28   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Need inputs.

I saw both Taigun and Virtus Topline AT today. Somehow I found Virtus interior more luxurious than Taigun.

Can someone please explain me why did I feel so. I am unable to justify myself the difference in my perception though both are almost similar.
Probably you found Virtus to be more luxurious due to the piano black applique and the contrast silver borders. I also find Virtus' interior to better than Taigun's. But you will have to take car of the piano black portion from getting scratches.
TechnoBloop is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 11:14   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
Probably you found Virtus to be more luxurious due to the piano black applique and the contrast silver borders. I also find Virtus' interior to better than Taigun's. But you will have to take car of the piano black portion from getting scratches.
Yes possibly could be the reason . Somehow curved design of dashboard towards driver also is a factor . Yes for piano Black part, I will get PPF on it if I buy.

Any advantages/disadvantages of Yellow colour car forum members can point me out please ?
I would have preferred white but my other car is already white. Blue was looking good on brochure but in real I would have liked it to be little more dark.

So may be yellow but looking for expert opinions here on the choice of color. Any owners of yellow please suggest as well.
steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 20:34   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
Probably you found Virtus to be more luxurious due to the piano black applique and the contrast silver borders.
Absolutely! Virtus interior feels more premium. Another thing that I'd like to add here is - the touchscreen is seemlessly fitted in the dashboard (piano black area). In the case of Taigun, there's a cavity where the touchscreen is.

The main reason still is the piano black and silver inserts. Taigun is just a lot more basic if I can call that.

Also, is PPF possible/good for the piano black interior? My detailer (Galaxy Car Care, Delhi) suggested to go for Ceramic coating on this part. I am getting PPF for the exteriors.
Old 15th November 2022, 22:57   #785
BHPian

Guys, just want to know whether the automatic climate control in the Virtus automatically clears up the condensation which forms on the windscreen and windows when it rains or colder outside?

In my Mk7 Golf, the automatic climate control clears up the condensation automatically without any manual adjustments.
Old 16th November 2022, 23:44   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post

Also, is PPF possible/good for the piano black interior? My detailer (Galaxy Car Care, Delhi) suggested to go for Ceramic coating on this part. I am getting PPF for the exteriors.
Ppf should be possible as I have put ppf on wooden design on my harrier dashboard and it saves from going dull or fingerprint marks
Old 17th November 2022, 21:51   #787
BHPian

Hi all, so after a year of deliberation and cancelling booking of 3 cars (Astor, Slavia and Hyryder), I have finally narrowed down Virtus Highline MT as the next car replacing my humble 2009 Fabia TDI.

After multiple rounds of haggling and back and forth, the dealer has quoted a super discount of around 1L and added in free extended warranty and SMP package, while also retaining the essential accessories kit. The car is cherry red and manufactured in June 2022.

Since I believe this was manufactured in first lot of Virtus, I will be doing an extensive PDI before confirming my purchase. I want to ask fellow BHPians, apart from the usual TeamBHP PDI checklist, is there anything in particular which I should look for? Also is there any inherent issue with Virtus' from first batch that I need to know? Honestly this deal seems too good to pass, but ill reserve my judgement after PDI

Thanks for reading

Last edited by vagman : 17th November 2022 at 22:02. Reason: spelling
vagman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 22:36   #788
BHPian

Virtus is a new product & people are hardly getting their cars delivered. Red color seems to be in demand too. Then, how come this particular piece is lying in the dealer's stockyard for the last 5 months? You need to get a good explanation for that from the dealer. A 1L discount is sure a good deal though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagman View Post
Hi all, so after a year of deliberation and cancelling booking of 3 cars (Astor, Slavia and Hyryder), I have finally narrowed down Virtus Highline MT as the next car replacing my humble 2009 Fabia TDI.

After multiple rounds of haggling and back and forth, the dealer has quoted a super discount of around 1L and added in free extended warranty and SMP package, while also retaining the essential accessories kit. The car is cherry red and manufactured in June 2022.

Since I believe this was manufactured in first lot of Virtus, I will be doing an extensive PDI before confirming my purchase. I want to ask fellow BHPians, apart from the usual TeamBHP PDI checklist, is there anything in particular which I should look for? Also is there any inherent issue with Virtus' from first batch that I need to know? Honestly this deal seems too good to pass, but ill reserve my judgement after PDI

Thanks for reading
amit1agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 23:03   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Virtus is a new product & people are hardly getting their cars delivered. Red color seems to be in demand too. Then, how come this particular piece is lying in the dealer's stockyard for the last 5 months? You need to get a good explanation for that from the dealer. A 1L discount is sure a good deal though.
I agree, will probe the dealer to find out more. Also they have other colors with similar discounts in stock too (I was offered Silver, Carbon steel and Red)
Old 20th November 2022, 09:44   #790

Hey!

I am a new member of TeamBHP, this forum has helped me a lot from the time when I purchased my first bike back in 2012. Recently I upgraded my Polo Comfortline (2016) to Virtus GT so I thought I should share my experience with you all.

I took Delivery on last Friday 11th November. Overall I am so happy with the car.

It was more like love at first sight for Virtus GT, but I felt so sad (even had tears in my eyes) when they took my polo from me. It was my first car. So I was emotionally attached to it. It had seen my bad phase and good phase. Protected me during an accident as well so (No Words) I had to sell it because I don't have space in my Garage to park it and I didn't want to keep it outside the Garage in the rain and heat.

It took me a while to adjust to the Automatic, I kept pressing the brakes aggressively. Because me being in a bad habit of pressing the clutch to lower gears and then at the end applying breaks. Now changing to automatic it took at least 2 days to get used to it. I am not sure if I will be able to drive the manual without any hiccups. My sister has a Tiago so I will keep driving that as well to keep in touch.

Some pics for you guys. Hope you enjoy it.

The glossy or piano black on the front bumper and on the interior dash are scratch-attractive places, even wiping/washing the mud from the front bumper itself leaves some swirl marks and some slight scratches if not taken care of.

The interior glossy or piano black is very attractive to scratches especially if there are kids.

Only Issue So Far:
When I took my car's delivery I didn't notice the steering was not aligned straight. I mean if I keep the steering straight it, then the car will move toward the left a little bit not much. I noticed it yesterday while I was coming back from a long trip. The steering alignment didn't pop up because of my long travel since it was a National Highway and the road was really good. Also, I only completed 920 km so It was there from before the delivery.

Query
Today I went to the showroom to do a 1K free checkup and asked them to check this they said a wheel alignment will fix it. Now the steering is straight but it feels little bit light. Is it natural to feel light? I mean I drove like 1k Km with the steering which was moving left a bit (If I kept steering straight) so I had to apply a bit of pressure on the steering by turning it a bit towards the right to keep moving straight. But Now (After the fix) at high speeds like 90-100, it does feel heavy. At lower speeds like in 60, it kinda feels little bit light. OR is it because I came back from POLO which had a heavier steer (that's what I feel) I am feeling Virtus's steering light. So I'm confused. Should I visit the service center again to see what's going on with the steering?

VW Owners, please let me know if you feel the same about the steering being light on Virtus GT. But when I took the test drive I didn't feel it much.

Also, VW Showroom has this Ceramic Coating as an accessory they told me to get it done since it protects the paint and keeps the car shiny (if maintained properly) do you think it's worth doing it from the showroom or from 3M or Ceramic Pro? Let me know your thoughts guys.

PS: I will upload more pics. The pics I have now are more with family so I will take some pics of the car alone and post them.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_6248.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_6232.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_6231.jpg  

atreus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 10:57   #791
BHPian

So after all color deliberations, booked a Yellow Topline AT. Booked at two dealers and seems the wait time is quiet low. Vehicles are in transit already for both dealers and will reach next week but I do not want the car so soon but mid of December.

My other car is White hence did not go with a white Virtus which usually is always my natural choice. Got the blue and yellow cars stand next to each other at showroom and ended up eventually with Yellow.

The car just looks awesome. After seeing a Virtus other sedans on road just look so dull in terms of design language. A team of passionate designers for sure who nailed it.
Old 20th November 2022, 12:45   #792
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Cross posting the question from Virtus thread since Slavia and the CSUV twins must be sharing the same HVAC unit.
It does clear out the condensation. No issues there.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th November 2022 at 13:05. Reason: Please avoid typing like … this…
samsristi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 11:53   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Hey Guys, need help on deciding what color to buy. Got a call from my dealer that White GT is available. However as mentioned earlier my family is adamant on Red. I did enquire in 2 other dealerships and are of the same opinion that it may take 2-4 months or even more. I'm ready to wait until this month end if I can get a Red GT but there is no certainty. Can people suggest if should take the white and be done with the already long wait of 8 months or keep waiting until I actually get RED.
Check with the dealer for silver colour instead as that colour also looks quite striking. There's an ownership review video on YouTube wherein the owner was in the same dilemma as you. Red availability for GT was an issue and silver was easily available so he went ahead with silver without a second thought. If possible visit the dealership with your family and check out silver colour in person and then decide. Besides, white is a dust magnet. Back in 2018 when I was purchasing my Ignis, dealer gave me an option for white and silver but was trying to push white. However I found silver to be a far better colour and went ahead with it. A major advantage of both white and silver is that if any of the panels suffer scratches, those won't be easily visible unless viewed from very close.
Old 22nd November 2022, 22:06   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreus View Post
Only Issue So Far:
When I took my car's delivery I didn't notice the steering was not aligned straight. I mean if I keep the steering straight it, then the car will move toward the left a little bit not much. I noticed it yesterday while I was coming back from a long trip. The steering alignment didn't pop up because of my long travel since it was a National Highway and the road was really good. Also, I only completed 920 km so It was there from before the delivery.

Query
Today I went to the showroom to do a 1K free checkup and asked them to check this they said a wheel alignment will fix it. Now the steering is straight but it feels little bit light. Is it natural to feel light?.

I have the same issue since taking the delivery of my 1.0 Topline. I was just not sure if the alignment would fix it. Thanks for letting us know that it does.

I'm not sure if your steering is lighter than before but I think it's pretty light in the Virtus and I like that!
Old 24th November 2022, 07:39   #795
BHPian

After having read the entire thread on Virtus review, I was itching to have a TD done. Hence, during office lunch break, went to VW Palace Cross Bangalore. Since, I am interested in taking the MT variant of Virtus, did the TD of Topline MT variant.

Pros

1. First response after looking at the vehicle - Wow
2. Generously spacious in the inside and massive boot space
3. Clutch travel is okayish and not that long as reported in many you tube reviews
4. Gear shifts are amazing
5. Car feels very planted on the road
6. Steering feedback is butter smooth
7: Driver’s view is magnificent. Never felt like driving a sedan.
8. Paint quality is good
9. The car came with 10” ICE and IMO it performed well. The sound quality was good. Better than my Jazz.

Cons

1. Sunroof is not to my liking. You need to manually move the sunroof ceiling and then the glass moves with the operation of the ceiling button. Creta’s sunroof is awesome.
2. Ceiling material could have been better. It went in upon hard press. My existing Honda Jazz has got better quality ceiling material.
3. No engine cladding
4. The boot area is having openings on both sides. In a ₹20 lakh car, VW could and should have covered the same.
5. Ventilated seats of Creta feels more premium than the Virtus

The TD car had done around 3500 kms on the ODO and the SA was very courteous in explaining the features of the car and the delivery timelines. Upon checking regarding the discounts, she informed that it depends whether they have any vehicle in the stock yard or not and depending upon the same discounts can be worked upon. She also informed that BH registration for bank employees can be arranged and I can take insurance from outside. For the record insurance from VW is ₹50,000 dearer than outside!

My overall impression was good. Coming from an MPV, I never felt like driving a long sedan. The driving dynamics, the steering feedback, the suspension, everything was to my liking. Shall be booking the car soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-563c1da581f14d6d915a78d3a5a01e07.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-acf5529dd2124ff19ed14fdb083b2479.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-a418b1840fbc4e4389a81d3c3c208de4.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-f26a2d4f9ea742f385e1425ada4dae26.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-a754171b3ad3474aa786630613bf40c2.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-0450186a7d1041e891b683dce26aeb92.jpeg  

MDED is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks