Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2022, 18:04   #706
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

I test drove Virtus GT today. Being a Polo TSI MT owner I wasn't really impressed.

It's safe to say that Polo 1 Ltr TSI can give Virtus GT a run for its money. There was no kick in the pants feel in Virtus.
On a positive note, there was no lag, power delivery was linear. Engine didn't feel as revv happy as 1.0 TSI.

Performance aside it's a great car with best in segment features and looks.

Quality was more or less similar to Polo, door thud was missing though.
divyadeeptsi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 23:44   #707
BHPian

Hi All,

Took delivery of my Virtus Highline 1.0 AT last week and I couldn't be more happier.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-virtus.jpg

I had a couple of questions

1. I was given only a user manual but no service manual (One which has the service intervals and period maintenance details). Can anybody tell me if Virtus gets a service manual as well?

2. I could see some light brown colored liquid that has dried up in the engine bay and also on one side of the boot. It has a candle wax kind of feel to it. Can anybody tell me what this is? Will be visiting the dealer soon to get it checked

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img0569.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img0570.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img0571.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img0572.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img0573.jpg

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
manubg92 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 06:30   #708
BHPian

Did a 1300km round trip (Kollam-Pondicherry-Kollam) on my 1.0 TSI AT.

1. Road manners are impeccable, even at 120 kph the car remains stable with not a hint of body roll when cornering (I stick to 100kph generally except short bursts).

2. The car never felt underpowered or wanting when I had to overtake. It’s not just adequate - it leaves you grinning like an idiot each time you floor the throttle

3. Best mileage achieved was 16.3 kpl, while overall trip mileage was 15.1 kpl. Cruise control was used only sparingly, training yourself to use a light foot should extract even better figures.

4. Ground clearance was not a concern at all, even on some especially bad stretches on Tenkasi-Tirunelveli (4-laning in progress).

5. No issues whatsoever with AC cooling. I set the temperature at 22-23, enable auto AC with recirculation mode, and it cools just as expected.

6. The yellow colour is a head turner, no two ways about it

Last edited by Pequod : 7th October 2022 at 06:36.
Pequod is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 10:55   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubg92 View Post
Hi All,

Took delivery of my Virtus Highline 1.0 AT last week and I couldn't be more happier.

Attachment 2365137

I had a couple of questions

1. I was given only a user manual but no service manual (One which has the service intervals and period maintenance details). Can anybody tell me if Virtus gets a service manual as well?

2. I could see some light brown colored liquid that has dried up in the engine bay and also on one side of the boot. It has a candle wax kind of feel to it. Can anybody tell me what this is? Will be visiting the dealer soon to get it checked

Attachment 2365138

Attachment 2365139

Attachment 2365140

Attachment 2365141

Attachment 2365142

Friend, congratulations on the new car, I don't think this yellow wax is applied for any special reason, did you not check it while taking delivery? And I would suggest you to go to the showroom and check other vehicles to see if there is anything like this in their cars or not
amrit_bareta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 13:33   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrit_bareta View Post
Friend, congratulations on the new car, I don't think this yellow wax is applied for any special reason, did you not check it while taking delivery? And I would suggest you to go to the showroom and check other vehicles to see if there is anything like this in their cars or not
Unfortunately I didn't catch it during delivery as it was on the sides. It is definitely not applied, seems to have leaked from the edges.
manubg92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 16:19   #711
BANNED

Quote:
Unfortunately I didn't catch it during delivery as it was on the sides. It is definitely not applied, seems to have leaked from the edges.
Congratulations.

Regarding the observation you shared, it looks like some seal applied between the metal parts where they are joined together. It should be present in other cars also. I vaguely remember this kind of material in my Skoda Rapid's engine bay, but not seen now as most parts are covered by sticky dust.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 16:50   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations.

Regarding the observation you shared, it looks like some seal applied between the metal parts where they are joined together. It should be present in other cars also. I vaguely remember this kind of material in my Skoda Rapid's engine bay, but not seen now as most parts are covered by sticky dust.
Thanks, I contacted the dealer and he also told the same thing. Also do we get any printed documents for purchasing the Extended warranty and the SVP package? I haven’t got anything from the dealer.
Old 7th October 2022, 19:15   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

First congratulations for the car, it is looking lovely and a head turner happy miles to you!

The brown colour thing is wax which is used by VW group to fill in all the cavities of the body where there is a chance of water accumulation, so the wax is filled in all these places. When the engine gets hot the access wax melts and flows down sometimes, nothing to worry about though.
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 19:58   #714
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks, I contacted the dealer and he also told the same thing. Also do we get any printed documents for purchasing the Extended warranty and the SVP package? I haven’t got anything from the dealer.
I think I did not get any. But the extended warranty and SVP are reflected in mySkoda app and the same can be accessed by service center as everything is online now.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 20:48   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
First congratulations for the car, it is looking lovely and a head turner happy miles to you!

The brown colour thing is wax which is used by VW group to fill in all the cavities of the body where there is a chance of water accumulation, so the wax is filled in all these places. When the engine gets hot the access wax melts and flows down sometimes, nothing to worry about though.
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I think I did not get any. But the extended warranty and SVP are reflected in mySkoda app and the same can be accessed by service center as everything is online now.
Thanks for the info. Mine doesn’t have the connect features enabled so I guess have to check it at the SVC. Also do we get a separate service manual (which shows the periodic maintenance intervals) book which is separate from the user manual? I only got a user manual and it doesn’t have any information related to the service intervals.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th October 2022 at 22:22. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts at once. Thanks.
Old 7th October 2022, 21:17   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Mine doesn’t have the connect features enabled so I guess have to check it at the SVC. Also do we get a separate service manual (which shows the periodic maintenance intervals) book which is separate from the user manual? I only got a user manual and it doesn’t have any information related to the service intervals.
No separate service manual. EW and SVP hard copies can be had from the dealership, but takes 3-4 weeks.
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 21:39   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Not to worry about this brown thing. I believe it's grease and almost all VW cars have it. At least my car have it and I checked that with VW dealership and ensured other cars from their yard were also having it. I had posted about that in Polo thread an year ago. Enjoy your car and congrats.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4975277 (Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review)

Last edited by igemini : 8th October 2022 at 21:42. Reason: Added link
igemini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 22:06   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN13Sleeper View Post
Are you sure that its hydraulic? Are you able to locate the hydraulic power steering fluid tank? Mine is from 2015 and I think it has EPS and not hydraulic.
Right sir polo/vento has electronic steering not hydraulic vividhavasthi got it wrong.
Old 10th October 2022, 10:55   #719
BHPian

I did a 500 km drive some time back. It was mostly highway run and maintained speed around 90-100kmph.
The best mileage I could achieve was 21kmpl. On an average I could achieve 20kmpl in my 1.0l manual Virtus.

I have been using Virtus since June and have a overall mileage of 15kmpl with mostly city driving. I am very much impressed by this.

How ever I had few niggles in the car.

1. I had a constant rattling sound while driving. On closure observation found the panel of AC control unit a bit loose. Had to push it in and the rattling stopped. I have been driving Polo since last 10 years had never has a singe rattle. May be India 2.0 cost cutting.

2. Once I had a weird issues where even after disengaging the handbreak car was reluctant to move, even the front window was not working. I tried accelerating the car and then at a point the handbreak got releases. Even the window started working after I restarted the car.
saats07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 13:48   #720
BHPian

Quote:
I got an extended warranty certificate with details of the coverage from the Skoda dealer 5 days after purchasing the extended warranty. The extended warranty coverage is also reflected in the MySkoda app. Check with your dealer for the certificate.
amit1agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks