Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2022, 12:04   #691
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrit_bareta View Post
There is a very high demand for TDI engine in America, it is very difficult to find a vehicle with TDI engine, according to my opinion you have made a very right decision by choosing TDI engine , TDI engine not only gives more power but also gives more average compared to TSI. which also reduces the running cost of the car. After doing engine remap, have you faced any problem in engine? And at what stage your engine is remapped to 1,2 or 3
No issues so far bro, everything’s in place, infact the FE has increased post remap, and the car is a much better to drive now, although in stock conditions I enjoyed it really. The car is currently running on a TOT Stage1.
dieselhead01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 12:26   #692
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Every time I park or stop my i20 next to Virtus or Slavia, it feels it's only slightly longer. Then I figure out it's the extra bhp of GT that made me like it
(Jetta below is around 10cm longer than Virtus)
Just drive the cars back to back. May be, it's not just some extra bhp that you will find 'extra' in the Virtus/Slavia
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 14:54   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead01 View Post
No issues so far bro, everything’s in place, infact the FE has increased post remap, and the car is a much better to drive now, although in stock conditions I enjoyed it really. The car is currently running on a TOT Stage1.
Thank you friend it's good to hear that the average of the vehicle increased after engine remap, I was also thinking of getting my vento 1.5 tdi engine remap, may God bless your car and family, thanks bro
amrit_bareta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 21:43   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you friend it's good to hear that the average of the vehicle increased after engine remap, I was also thinking of getting my vento 1.5 tdi engine remap, may God bless your car and family, thanks bro
Thank you for the kind words brother. And I would recommend you to take a leap of faith here, and get your 1.5TDI remapped. Post remap that car just gets insane, it’s comfortably quicker than a stock 2.0TDI, so you can already expect amazing performance. Once I remember my friend’s Vento TDI DSG running on a stage 1 remap comfortably zooming past my Jetta TDI DSG.
dieselhead01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 09:18   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead01 View Post
Thank you for the kind words brother. And I would recommend you to take a leap of faith here, and get your 1.5TDI remapped. Post remap that car just gets insane, it’s comfortably quicker than a stock 2.0TDI, so you can already expect amazing performance. Once I remember my friend’s Vento TDI DSG running on a stage 1 remap comfortably zooming past my Jetta TDI DSG.
Thank you very much bro, soon I will get my 1.5 TDI engine remapped and share my experience with you. Wow I'm already happy to think that my car will perform better than stok 2.0 TDI after the remap.
Thank you brother once again , and may God bless you and your car always.
amrit_bareta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 20:01   #696
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you very much bro, soon I will get my 1.5 TDI engine remapped and share my experience with you. Wow I'm already happy to think that my car will perform better than stok 2.0 TDI after the remap.
The 2.0TDI engine has 33% more cubic capacity than the 1.5TDI
The 2.0TDI engine has it's peak torque and peak bhp numbers ~28% more than the 1.5TDI (all stock numbers).
Now, if you think (and if your remap guy claims) that a simple remap can bridge a 28% gap, go for it.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 20:28   #697
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to mods for approval and this is my first post after reading and going through threads since the last 7 YEARS!

Got delivery of my first self owned car, Virtus 1.0 Topline MT yesterday! Been a long search and after finalizing Virtus, I was lucky enough to pick it up in 3 days before the start of October.

Just recieved the new price list from my RM and the prices have been hiked by ~2%. Almost ₹50,000 on road in Delhi.

I looked at all cars from Creta/Seltos, Astor to Grand Vitara and Hyryder. I was almost certain to buy the GV but the steep prices for those cheap interiors luckily changed my mind. Only a bit concerned about the mileage now but I'm a sedate driver so hoping for good results.

Will detail my car buying experience in other posts to follow.

Thank you!
RaiAnish is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 23:01   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to mods for approval and this is my first post after reading and going through threads since the last 7 YEARS!

Got delivery of my first self owned car, Virtus 1.0 Topline MT yesterday! Been a long search and after finalizing Virtus, I was lucky enough to pick it up in 3 days before the start of October.

Just recieved the new price list from my RM and the prices have been hiked by ~2%. Almost ₹50,000 on road in Delhi.

I looked at all cars from Creta/Seltos, Astor to Grand Vitara and Hyryder. I was almost certain to buy the GV but the steep prices for those cheap interiors luckily changed my mind. Only a bit concerned about the mileage now but I'm a sedate driver so hoping for good results.

Will detail my car buying experience in other posts to follow.

Thank you!
Dear first of all congratulations for becoming a member of Team BHP , congratulations for your new car Virtus, I hope after driving your car for few thousand kilometers you will share your experience with the rest of the members.The Virtus is a very nice looking car that is very strong built both from inside and outside. I think you made the right choice by purchasing Virtus , may God always bless your car
amrit_bareta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 23:09   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
The 2.0TDI engine has 33% more cubic capacity than the 1.5TDI
The 2.0TDI engine has it's peak torque and peak bhp numbers ~28% more than the 1.5TDI (all stock numbers).
Now, if you think (and if your remap guy claims) that a simple remap can bridge a 28% gap, go for it.
Dear venkyhere Thank you very much you explained the difference between 2.0 tdi and 1.5 tdi in such a good way, after your post my desire to remap the engine has become stronger, soon I will remap my engine. I will share my experience with the rest of the members after remapping, thank you very much for such a great guidance
Old 2nd October 2022, 17:45   #700
BHPian

Thanks a lot, @amrit_bareta! Wishing the same for you and every one of us ��

Has anybody faces issue with the Volkswagen connect app? Mine hasn't been activated yet and my RM is still figuring out how to go about it. I'm not sure why he's not sure about its working.

I'm seeing the below error while logging in -
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20221002174130_my-volkswagen-connect.jpg  

RaiAnish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 11:24   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
Has anybody faces issue with the Volkswagen connect app? Mine hasn't been activated yet and my RM is still figuring out how to go about it. I'm not sure why he's not sure about its working.
Two apps are present in the name of My Volkswagen Connect on app store, one under Lifestyle and other under Utilities, please try to download My Volkswagen Connect Plus app and you should be able to see the details if dealer has registered the JIO dongle.

I faced similar issue initially as the dealer was not clear on the app, later I found the Connect Plus app was working as expected, can try.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_010a7fb74dc01.jpeg  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 11:31   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Polo has heavier steering, mine was from 2017, so it is hydraulic - honestly, I like the hydraulic steering better.
Are you sure that its hydraulic? Are you able to locate the hydraulic power steering fluid tank? Mine is from 2015 and I think it has EPS and not hydraulic.
TN13Sleeper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 11:36   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
I faced similar issue initially as the dealer was not clear on the app, later I found the Connect Plus app was working as expected, can try.
Thanks a lot! Same was the case with my dealer.
The Connect Plus app works as expected.
RaiAnish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 12:55   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN13Sleeper View Post
Are you sure that its hydraulic? Are you able to locate the hydraulic power steering fluid tank? Mine is from 2015 and I think it has EPS and not hydraulic.
I will double-check this today - I assumed it was hydraulic as it has become heavier and heavier over the past few years (despite fixing worn suspension components + new tires and even regular tire pressure checks!)
Old 4th October 2022, 19:42   #705
BHPian

My one month old Virtus driver side request sensor has stopped functioning. This could only happen with VW, basic quality control has gone to dumps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks